REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2013, 09:17 PM   #76
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 840
Thanked 281 Times in 100 Posts
"so if i fuck your slutty 14 year old daughter that willingly seduced me"

I don't have a daughter and i am offended, the fact that you used "your slutty daughter" made it sound like a personal attack, maybe that's not how you want it to come off but i can see how anyone on here with a daughter will be offended by that strong statement.
Advertisement
kkttsang is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-02-2013, 06:00 AM   #77
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy
 
Hurricane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: BC
Posts: 312
Thanked 263 Times in 100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkttsang View Post
"so if i fuck your slutty 14 year old daughter that willingly seduced me"

I don't have a daughter and i am offended, the fact that you used "your slutty daughter" made it sound like a personal attack, maybe that's not how you want it to come off but i can see how anyone on here with a daughter will be offended by that strong statement.
You are not familiar with the generic you? impersonal you? indefinite you? We use it often to refer to an unspecified person or people in general. It doesn't mean YOU Maybe YOU need to brush up on your English skills.

Also, he is referring to a 'slutty' 14 year old. I don't think the implication is that every 14 year old is a slut.

If you happened to raise one of those yourself - well I have no comment.

Assuming you raised a child/young adult with strong values, good judgement, and common sense. I doubt she is jumping into bed voluntarily with adults.

While all 30 year olds are pretty obviously adults. 14 year olds (females in particular due to genetic development) can be all over the spectrum as far as physical/mental maturity. It wasn't so long ago where adult men were marrying girls around that age in the west and it was considered pretty normal. 14 year old girls are married regularly in countries all over the world even today.

I guess the point is, the judge obviously was able to evaluate the case a lot more thoroughly than we are with such limited information. I have no doubt that this particular situation was more in line with a 14 year old young adult making a conscious (albeit bad) decision, in which her life circumstances likely hold some accountability, along with her mental/physical development. She was likely more 'adult' than some of the girls she is probably being mentally transposed onto by some posters in this thread.

Ill go with the judges decision, until you present some convincing evidence aside from the number on a birth certificate.
Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-02-2013, 08:17 AM   #78
Banned By Establishment
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: bedroom
Posts: 3,111
Thanked 3,491 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
a 14 year old young adult
Well, ain't that an oxymoron.

I don't care how big her boobs are or whether she started menstruating at 11...her brain development and decision making is that of a child.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-02-2013, 09:20 AM   #79
WOAH...shut the music off...
 
GLOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,793
Thanked 4,701 Times in 1,887 Posts
__________________
Feedback
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showthread.php?t=611711

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
Quote:
[04-06, 11:34]radiomanI'm doing happy hour with bj#3 today
[07-04, 10:27]radiomani need just the tip
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-02-2013, 09:45 AM   #80
Banned By Establishment
 
Gridlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New West
Posts: 3,998
Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
I just want to know...where is that cut off now?

13, 12?

Where is the line where you guys who are taking any approach other than "ew" might say that its enough? Where does good times become child abuse?

Case by case basis? What indicators should she exhibit that she can be determined to be ready to fuck a retiree? Attire enough, or does she need to talk like she wants it?

So by that logic, I could show you a slutty 10 year old, fuck, I have Ulic's attention already and as long as she walks the walk and talks the talk...then its cool.

Holy shit some of you need to grow up.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:03 PM   #81
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy
 
Hurricane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: BC
Posts: 312
Thanked 263 Times in 100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
Well, ain't that an oxymoron.

I don't care how big her boobs are or whether she started menstruating at 11...her brain development and decision making is that of a child.
That's a pretty broad brush you're using.

Is a 17 year old male capable of making consequential decisions? Because he is approximately at the same level of brain development as the average 14 year old girl. There have been more than 20 underage boys executed in the US in the past couple of decades - do you vehemently oppose all of those as well?? Lets imagine here you are not oppose to the death penalty, because that is an entirely different political argument altogether. Even if those boys were spending the rest of their lives in prison, they still made some very short-sighted decisions as children (according to you) that will effect them for the rest of their lives.

My point is, you cant really say a 14 year old, is a 14 year old, is a 14 year old. When a society can accept that a 16 year old boy is fit for lethal injection as an adult they must also accept that some 14 year old girls are mentally capable of deciding who to sleep with in some capacity anyhow. Please don't mix up your own feelings against capital punishment with having any relevance to this discussion.

Just because you were wearing one piece pajamas, playing with teddy ruxpin, and going to bed by 8pm when you were 14, doesn't mean everyone else in the world fits into your mental image of what a 14 year old is.

I think you would be quite surprised at what kind of life decisions some 14 year old girls are making around the world. You don't even have to leave your own country in fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
I just want to know...where is that cut off now?

13, 12?

So by that logic, I could show you a slutty 10 year old, fuck, I have Ulic's attention already and as long as she walks the walk and talks the talk...then its cool.

Holy shit some of you need to grow up.
Nice straw man argument. No one said its cool to sleep with a 14 year old, let alone a 10 year old.

99% of our cutoffs is where something becomes morally unacceptable. For most of us who are adults, that means people well above the minimum legal age.

After that and for people with lower moral standards, the cutoff is the law. Once the law is broken, the situation needs to be evaluated in a court, to determine the nature of the deviance, and obviously the punishment to be applied. Which seems to have happened here.

I think its disgusting and unacceptable a teacher slept with a 14 year old, regardless of how you look at it. But 14 is near the cusp of what is legally acceptable in our society, 10 is not.

Also, to both of you, and the rest of the people with their panties in a knot. No one in this thread has said its 'OK' to sleep with 14 year old girls.

No one says its advisable, desirable, interesting, or any other like minded word.

The point being made, is there are different variations of an offense such as rape in the same way there are differences in a crime like murder.. Some 14 year old females, and correspondingly 16/17 year old males are obviously capable of adult-like decision making. That has a lot to do with their upbringing, lifestyle, friends, and development.

So to assume the teacher is a disgusting pedophilic rapist who deserves the gas chamber solely based on the girls age of 14, is a bit of a stretch itself alone.
Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-02-2013, 09:48 PM   #82
Banned By Establishment
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: bedroom
Posts: 3,111
Thanked 3,491 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
That's a pretty broad brush you're using.
Actually, its not.

Here is one (of thousands) scientific example. It is a very good read:
http://www.temple.edu/psychology/lds...opmentTICS.pdf
Quote:
The impact of this continued maturation on emotional, intellectual and behavioral development has yet to be thoroughly studied, but there is considerable evidence that the second decade of life is a period of great activity with respect to changes in brain structure and function, especially in regions and systems associated with response inhibition, the calibration of risk and reward, and emotion regulation. Contrary to earlier beliefs about brain maturation in adolescence, this activity is not limited to the early adolescent period, nor is it invariably linked to processes of pubertal maturation.

Two particular observations about brain development in adolescence are especially pertinent to our understanding of psychological development during this period. First, much brain development during adolescence is in
the particular brain regions and systems that are key to the regulation of behavior and emotion and to the perception and evaluation of risk and reward. Second, it appears that changes in arousal and motivation brought on by pubertal maturation precede the development of regulatory competence in a manner that creates a disjunction between the adolescent’s affective experience and his or her ability to regulate arousal and motivation.
To the extent that the changes in arousal and motivation precede the development of regulatory competence – a reasonable speculation, but one that has yet to be confirmed – the developments of early adolescence may
well create a situation in which one is starting an engine without yet having a skilled driver behind the wheel.
You are misunderstanding science and brain development with societal assumptive norms. You can say that "kids these days" are more responsible because they have been exposed to more stimuli, for example, but that is a perception. The actual evolutionary development of the human brain is not reactive to emotional or social paradigms.

We may THINK teenagers are maturing younger or girls are more mature that guys, but those are cultural or social stigmas.

This is the reason these laws are set a definitive ages. They were not arbitrarily set.

Last edited by dinosaur; 09-02-2013 at 09:54 PM.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-03-2013, 09:08 AM   #83
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy
 
Hurricane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: BC
Posts: 312
Thanked 263 Times in 100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
Well, ain't that an oxymoron.

I don't care how big her boobs are or whether she started menstruating at 11...her brain development and decision making is that of a child.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
That's a pretty broad brush you're using.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
Actually, its not.

Here is one (of thousands) scientific example. It is a very good read:
http://www.temple.edu/psychology/lds...opmentTICS.pdf
First. From your article.

Quote:
Some aspects of brain development are
coincident with, and likely linked to, neuroendocrinologi-
cal changes occurring at the time of puberty
So your own post would suggest that if in fact girls are reaching puberty at a younger age (which we know is true from numerous academic studies), some aspects of their brain development is also likely occurring at an earlier stage.

So, not sure why you posted an article that basically contradicted what you are saying. Also, you might notice there is a key difference between brain function and structure. There are certainly not the 1000's of studies you claim regarding adolescent brain function development. Function is what you are talking about here, not structure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
You are misunderstanding science and brain development with societal assumptive norms. You can say that "kids these days" are more responsible because they have been exposed to more stimuli, for example, but that is a perception. The actual evolutionary development of the human brain is not reactive to emotional or social paradigms.

We may THINK teenagers are maturing younger or girls are more mature that guys, but those are cultural or social stigmas.

This is the reason these laws are set a definitive ages. They were not arbitrarily set.
First...are you serious??? Brain development is not affected by emotional influences? There is all sorts of evidence to suggest this is bullshit. Unfortunately when someone is repeatedly molested and/or abused by their step parent while growing up we can't go to another dimension and ask their unabused doppelganger to submit to a CT scan so we can examine structural differences in their brain development. But all sorts of studies suggest emotional and social stimuli affect the brains development in various ways.

Also, I don't think I am misunderstanding anything. I never once in my post said children are more capable of decisions these days because they have big breasts. You may have had some previous arguments with people in your life about this topic, but no need to put words into my mouth from those.

This whole idea of current girls vs. past was not something I referred to once.

Also, if these things were so etched in stone as you suggest, why only a few years ago did the age of consent rise 2 years in Canada. Was there a major scientific discovery?? Earth shattering brain development research?? Nope. Just some political pressure.

You are boring to argue with, you completely avoid the key points being discussed, and try to warp the discussion into something more favorable for your own agenda.

Two consenting sexually mature individuals does not equal an adult raping a small child. So unless you are arguing that, you agree with my point, and Ulic's, and this discussion can be over.
Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-03-2013, 09:18 AM   #84
PM me for my nudes
 
smoothie.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 3,639
Thanked 3,353 Times in 886 Posts
Thank you for posting, all you brain and behavior analysts.
Posted via RS Mobile
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-03-2013, 05:53 PM   #85
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Kelowna
Posts: 1,301
Thanked 66 Times in 21 Posts
Judge now realizes that he could not give a suspended sentence of 30 days:

Judge orders new hearing in Montana rape case
__________________
Wut.
Jassanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:04 PM   #86
RS controls my life!
 
xeryusx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 787
Thanked 433 Times in 109 Posts
xeryusx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:52 PM   #87
Banned (ABWS)?
 
AzNightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 16,911
Thanked 2,130 Times in 1,026 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeryusx View Post


Currently, the ad on the top post of the page in my browser...

__________________
__________________________________________________
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net