REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-01-2013, 12:28 PM   #101
I don't like cheese but I love milk!

And somehow I get the feeling that if the driver was driving a mini-van (instead of a black Range Rover), he would've received a lot more sympathy...

I know when I saw the thread title (before watching the video), I thought it was one of those thuggish crazy RR driver trying to run down bikers in a fit of rage..
Advertisement
Ferra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:31 PM   #102
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferra View Post
arrogant much..?
have you ever been thru an interview or live debate, and afterward, thought you could've said a lot of things differently and given a much better answer than you did?
People can't make the best decision under pressure, he wasn't like you sitting at home infront of his computer when he had to make those decision.

Plus, there are a lot of good reasons to go inside the city
1) When you are being chased by a group of homicidal maniacs, your natural instinct is probably to go into a well populated area.
2) It is NY city, there should be cops every few blocks inside the city
3) His car tire is slashed, he has little control of his vehicle and could easily crash his SUV on the freeway and hurt his family.
4) If the bikes managed to stop him (or his RR breaks down), help will be few and far on the freeway. (inside the city you will have hundreds of bystanders who might help or at least act an a deterrent)

Going into the city might not be the best decision, but it is definitely not an unreasonable one.
thanks for calling me arrogant.

there are people in this world who have to make quick decisions, decisions that have significant effects on many lives (i'm thinking military, but also in the business world it is vital) - some people are good at making quick decisions, some people aren't, whether under great stress or otherwise.

you are either one of these people, or you are not, i'm not saying this is a good or bad thing - clearly this guy is not one of these people, and i guess, on reflection of my life to date, i am probably better than not, but to say that my stance is arrogant because of this is ignorant on your part
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-01-2013, 12:44 PM   #103
Need to Seek Professional Help

ive had my fare share of nice and bad bikers out there.. ive even had it one time where i was eying some guys ducati and i said " nice bike " .. guy said thanks and pulled out some juicy fruit and asked if i wanted some. I said yes and i took a stick and he sped off when the light turned green.

thanks MR DUCATI . i didnt know my bad breath can seep through your helmet.

true story.
cruz-in is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #104
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
NEW YORK — A man driving with his family along a New York City highway was attacked and beaten by a large group of motorcyclists who first surrounded his sport utility vehicle and stopped it on the road, then chased him for miles after he plowed through the blockade of bikes in an attempt to escape.

One biker suffered two broken legs and other severe injuries when the SUV ran over him, police said. A second biker suffered a leg injury. The driver, who was travelling with his wife and toddler, was taken to a hospital where he required stitches to his face.

The frightening assault on the 33-year-old man began around 1:30 p.m. local time Sunday on Manhattan’s West Side Highway and was partially captured on a helmet-mounted video camera worn by one of the riders involved in the chase.

A portion of the video posted on the Internet by an unidentified user shows a large group of bikers swarming around the Range Rover as it heads north on the highway. One of the bikers then moves into the SUV’s lane and rides briefly alongside the vehicle, peering in through the driver’s side window. It isn’t clear from the video what the driver might have done to anger the motorcyclist.

The biker then cuts in front of the Range Rover and, still staring at the driver, suddenly slows down. It isn’t captured on the video, but the motorcycle and SUV bumped, police said.

The motorcyclists, 20 to 30 in all, then come to a complete halt on the highway, blocking the SUV’s path. Some dismount and approach the vehicle. Police said some of the bikers then began damaging the Range Rover, which isn’t clear from the video.

The video shows the SUV suddenly accelerating, bouncing over at least one of the motorcycles and its rider as others scramble to get out of the way. The cyclists give chase, pursuing the driver for about 4 kilometres. At one point, the bikers succeed in getting the SUV to stop. One ripped open the driver’s door, but he sped away.

The chase ended when the SUV exited the highway and got stuck in traffic on a city street. The video shows one biker using his helmet to smash the driver’s window. Police said the group then pulled the man from the SUV and beat him, although that part isn’t shown on the recording posted online. The police department confirmed that the video circulating online is authentic.

Police didn’t identify the driver, who was not charged. His wife and child were not injured.

On Tuesday, police arrested the biker who was involved in the initial accident. Christopher Cruz, 28, of New Jersey, was charged with reckless endangerment, reckless driving, endangering the welfare of a child and menacing. He was not injured. Cruz was in custody awaiting arraignment Tuesday and hadn’t yet been assigned a lawyer. A woman who answered a phone number listed in some records as being connected with the address where Cruz lives said she didn’t speak English and hung up the phone.

Police distributed an image of two bikers they said were involved in the chase and said they were wanted for assault.

Police believe some of the bikers belong to a gang known as Hollywood Stuntz. They said the motorcyclists were part of a planned but unauthorized event in which hundreds of riders gathered outside of Manhattan, with the intent of driving into Times Square en masse.
Biker was arrested and 2 others wanted for assault. Driver was not charged

Biker arrested after motorcyclists swarm SUV, pull driver from vehicle and beat him

Last edited by wingies; 10-01-2013 at 01:28 PM.
wingies is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #105
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Apparently, some of the bikers suffered serious injuries.

Quote:
According to CBS Boston, the wife of one of the injured bikers says her husband is paralyzed and in a coma.

Dayana Mieses says her husband, Edwin Mieses, got off his bike to help a biker who was hit in the initial collision and was injured in the process, reports the station. She says her husband has injuries to his heart, lungs and ribs and that he is paralyzed from the waist down.

video-shows-bikers-chasing-down-driver-in-new-york

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:16 PM   #106
I don't like cheese but I love milk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post
thanks for calling me arrogant.

there are people in this world who have to make quick decisions, decisions that have significant effects on many lives (i'm thinking military, but also in the business world it is vital) - some people are good at making quick decisions, some people aren't, whether under great stress or otherwise.

you are either one of these people, or you are not, i'm not saying this is a good or bad thing - clearly this guy is not one of these people, and i guess, on reflection of my life to date, i am probably better than not, but to say that my stance is arrogant because of this is ignorant on your part
translation: Some people are good at making quick decisions under stress, I am one of these people. I am not saying this is a good or bad thing (because the answer is kinda implied...only retards would think being able to make decision under stress could be a bad thing)
Ferra is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-01-2013, 02:44 PM   #107
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,696 Times in 1,625 Posts
Let it go you two, lest this thread be moved to fight club.

The wife and mother of the motorcyclist who was run over and paralyzed is demanding that the RR driver "pay for what he did."

Not entirely sure how I feel about this - wouldn't go as far as to say he deserved it...i dunno.

Pretty fucked up story overall though. Interesting to see what other legal repercussions there are for parties involved. Glad to see that the wife and child are safe (physically anyway.)
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #108
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Just gonna leave this here:

Deleted Videos Show Asshat Bikers Before Range Rover Attack

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UChZzZN1YeNLiXVs0XFmaGGA

Apparently Lady Gaga, of all people, saved the YT footage before the original uploader deleted it off their account.

I didn't go through all the footage, but man... some of the shit they pulled (blowing through red lights, driving on the wrong side of the road, splitting lanes while cutting off cars trying to get on and off the highway, etc) made me rage too hard to continue watching.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:59 PM   #109
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
The wife and mother of the motorcyclist who was run over and paralyzed is demanding that the RR driver "pay for what he did."

Not entirely sure how I feel about this - wouldn't go as far as to say he deserved it...i dunno.
What if the guy was injured while he was robbing someone's house?
What if he was the look-out for said robbery but the owner came home and beat the living shit out of him?

Would you feel differently?

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:11 PM   #110
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
i have always been someone who strongly believes that if you fuck around bad things will happen and you will only have yourself to blame.

from play fighting with friends and you get hurt to driving like a moron.. people dont deserve to be paralyzed for things like this but what do you think happens when you involve yourself with a 2-3 ton vehicle.. you lose no matter what.

nothing can change what had happened and the only thing i would have done differently was throw the vehicle into reverse when i got into traffic.. for self defense reasons of course...
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-01-2013, 03:11 PM   #111

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Just gonna leave this here:

Deleted Videos Show Asshat Bikers Before Range Rover Attack

LadyGagaOfficial - YouTube

Apparently Lady Gaga, of all people, saved the YT footage before the original uploader deleted it off their account.

I didn't go through all the footage, but man... some of the shit they pulled (blowing through red lights, driving on the wrong side of the road, splitting lanes while cutting off cars trying to get on and off the highway, etc) made me rage too hard to continue watching.
That isn't Lady Gaga's account lol...
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:19 PM   #112
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Disick View Post
Shit, didn't know they smashed the passenger side window as well. Thankfully they didn't drag the wife out and beat her but it looks like cops arrested one biker...
Seems like the wife was getting out of the car and the rear passenger door was open as well.
fishCak3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:33 PM   #113

Thanked 6,696 Times in 1,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE BOY View Post
What if the guy was injured while he was robbing someone's house?
What if he was the look-out for said robbery but the owner came home and beat the living shit out of him?

Would you feel differently?
If he wasn't (and that's an if) doing anything to the RR, and was only hurt because he happened to be in front of it, then your examples don't follow.

I'm not blaming the RR driver, but as I said, I'm torn.

A better example would be, if you were chilling with a bunch of friends, who had beef with some gangbangers and you all got jumped, even though you didn't do anything, what then?
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:45 PM   #114

Yeah, we're looking at it from different angles.

The way I see it, he was rolling with a bunch of guys that were causing a menace, all over town. Whether he was doing it himself or not, the fact that he chose to stay with them and participate in the cruise, means he was aware that they were being douches and there was a possibility of getting busted or someone retaliating. He took the chance to stay and the worst happened....

fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol

RSUV #7
This post thanked by:
Old 10-01-2013, 03:49 PM   #115
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bing View Post
Apparently, some of the bikers suffered serious injuries.

video-shows-bikers-chasing-down-driver-in-new-york

There's a facebook page setup to raise funds for this guy. The comments get pretty nasty. I have no idea why they are still open...
adambomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:03 PM   #116
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgresch View Post
That isn't Lady Gaga's account lol...
lol You're right. I was just quoting what I saw on Jalopnik earlier today
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:13 PM   #117
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
I feel seriously shitty for the guy in the coma, but the people who are liable are the ones who were responsible for instigating the incident: the guy who brake-checked the RR, and then subsequently the ones who started beating on his RR when he stopped.

I always want to pin blame on the ones who pulled him out and beat him in front of his wife and kids but that's almost a second issue, since the two incidents are sort of mutually triggered.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:32 PM   #118
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,120 Times in 280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
If he wasn't (and that's an if) doing anything to the RR, and was only hurt because he happened to be in front of it, then your examples don't follow.

I'm not blaming the RR driver, but as I said, I'm torn.

A better example would be, if you were chilling with a bunch of friends, who had beef with some gangbangers and you all got jumped, even though you didn't do anything, what then?
a better example would be, if you're riding around town with a bunch of idiot friends on motorcycles causing trouble and then you try to force a range rover over and parked in front of him to box him in then you get ran over, even though you didnt do anything is it your fault? i mean you're just there for the atmosphere, and you were completely oblivious to what your friends do.
unfortunately although i do feel for the wife, i feel no sympathy towards the biker, he and his group put himself in that situation. it should be the other bikers the wife should be going after
duy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:45 PM   #119
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE BOY View Post
Yeah, we're looking at it from different angles.

The way I see it, he was rolling with a bunch of guys that were causing a menace, all over town. Whether he was doing it himself or not, the fact that he chose to stay with them and participate in the cruise, means he was aware that they were being douches and there was a possibility of getting busted or someone retaliating. He took the chance to stay and the worst happened....
One of the comments on that Jalopnik link sums it up nicely:

Quote:
I've been in a similar situation with Critical Mass on bikes here in SF. It's been years since I've ridden with them. I've seen too many people on that ride behave like complete assholes and I want nothing to do with it. I can tell you with certainty the minute I saw things get aggressive with bikes and cars the first time was all "fuck this, I'm not taking part." My thoughts are if you hang with troublemakers, then you should be ready for what's coming your way. As long as all of your riding buddies are playing the golden rule then all should be well. If not, then this should be your attitude...

Eric Cartman - Screw You Guys Im Going Home [HD] - YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-01-2013, 04:50 PM   #120

"You're only as good as the company you keep"

RSUV #7
Old 10-01-2013, 05:40 PM   #121

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
Old man Iceboi is wise.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-01-2013, 06:13 PM   #122

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
You can't blame the driver. He's in a car with his wife and kid going for a weekend ride, when like out of the movies he's targeted by a group of bikers after being in an accident, none of which was his fault.

It sucks for the guy in the coma, especially if he was just being a helping hand to the other biker.. But he was in the wrong place at the wrong time - all caused by his group.

Imagine this group rode abiding the rules of the road? This guy would be walking and the SUV driver wouldn't have cuts to his face.

This is kind of like trying to tame a lion, getting attacked by it, killing it and blaming the cat.
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-01-2013, 06:25 PM   #123

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
9 Jay Meezee Photos - Range Rover Hit Edwin Mieses Jr: Paralyzed, Coma

edit:nvm he was green biker dude

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:25 PM   #124
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Dayana Mieses says her husband, Edwin Mieses, got off his bike to help a biker who was hit in the initial collision and was injured in the process, reports the station. She says her husband has injuries to his heart, lungs and ribs and that he is paralyzed from the waist down.
From the videos posted here regarding the group of bikers riding erratically, I'm pretty sure this guy is one of them... and he's not just somebody who "...got off his bike to help a biker..."
So he helped a fellow biker, now he's a hero? Fucking hate it when people like him who starts shit suddenly deserve sympathy/turn into heroes or whatnot because they get hurt. IMO this guy deserved 100% of whatever he has now. If medical complications don't get to him first, then good thing his paralysis can serve as a lifetime souvenir of his stupidity.

Link taken from user below my post

http://www.everyjoe.com/2013/10/01/c...alyzed-coma/#9

point made.

Last edited by Stiig; 10-01-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Stiig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:58 PM   #125
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Last edited by Ludepower; 10-01-2013 at 11:04 PM.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: