REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-01-2013, 07:06 PM   #126
First to fail !SG evar! Now i have yellow fever...

Thanked 2,431 Times in 475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludepower View Post
Lots of people siding with the range rover. I ride both machines and will always side with a motorcycle cause a 400lbs bike vs 4000lbs car is never a fair fight no matter whos right or wrong.

Technically the range rover is at fault. If you're being surrounded by a group of menace baiting you on...do NOT escalate the problem. Keep you cool. Think rationally and call the cops.
Instead he rears ends them (break check or not...you're at fault) and worse runs several people over.

The riders who retaliated with physical violence should also be charged. What Im getting at is...do not take the laws into your own hand. Let the cops and evidence make the judgement call.
I disagree with pretty much everything you said. Fight stopped being fair when there was 100+ on 1. If someone intentionally bswerves and brakes infront of you, no its not your fault..ICBC policy doesn't determine real life consequences. If you or your family is at danger then you have an absolute divine right to protect yourself and them, so yes..take the law into your own hands within reason.
Advertisement
Redlines_Daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:10 PM   #127
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferra View Post
And somehow I get the feeling that if the driver was driving a mini-van (instead of a black Range Rover), he would've received a lot more sympathy...

I know when I saw the thread title (before watching the video), I thought it was one of those thuggish crazy RR driver trying to run down bikers in a fit of rage..
I can see that you typed something, but I can't keep my eyes off of your avatar...

[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:16 PM   #128
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Lots of people siding with the range rover. I ride both machines and will always side with a motorcycle cause a 400lbs bike vs 4000lbs car is never a fair fight no matter whos right or wrong.

Technically the range rover is at fault. If you're being surrounded by a group of menace baiting you on...do NOT escalate the problem. Keep you cool. Think rationally and call the cops.
Instead he rears ends them (break check or not...you're at fault) and worse runs several people over.

The riders who retaliated with physical violence should also be charged. What Im getting at is...do not take the laws into your own hand. Let the cops and evidence make the judgement call.

Also disagree. If I'm the RR guy, my life's more important then yours is, and so's is my wife's and daughters.

IMO, he made the right move. At the end of the day, he's walking away from that..you can't exactly say the same for the others...
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:22 PM   #129
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Should've drove straight to police station while calling 911 in the process.

but what incident happened before this video? there was an accident and range rover sped off? I don't get what event triggered the bikers to box it in.
nsx042003 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-01-2013, 07:30 PM   #130
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Why would a guy on a bike EVER want to mess with a guy in a car, let alone a RR?

Like seriously. Did the guy on the bike really think he wouldnt get f*cked up one way or another?

I believe that if you have the intent to carry out a harmful act upon somebody, or somebody's possession, then anybody else can do the same thing to you if not worse.

I must admit that if i was in that same position, i would have done the exact same thing. GTFO! Go somewhere where help/witnesses are readily available.

On a side note, im surprised that the driver in the RR didnt turn on rage mode and side swipe any of the bikers. (Obviously then the driver would be in a lot of trouble. But i'd admit that that did cross my mind when initially watching that vid)
hi-revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:45 PM   #131
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Like many people on here, I agree that what the RR driver did in the circumstances was correct.

And wow at the mob mentality of those bikers. We've seen what mob mentality can do to people and its bad, just take a look what happened during the 2011 Stanley Cup Riots.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:46 PM   #132
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:

On a bike, if you ride like an idiot, be prepared to pay with your life.

This whole situation makes me wish I was white in America so I could blast the rest of these biker fools and get away with it.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:04 PM   #133
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adambomb View Post
There's a facebook page setup to raise funds for this guy. The comments get pretty nasty. I have no idea why they are still open...
Definitely getting a lot of hate.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Justi...11664345601619

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:08 PM   #134
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Do not take the law in to my own hands? If my wife and kid were involved in a situation like this and you try putting us in danger, you better be prepared for me to put you in the ground. What makes you think he or his wife did not call the police? Better question, what makes you think the police would have got there within good time to save them? Were these little pocket bikes chasing the RR? NO. So no matter what speed he was going at to try to evade the group they would have caught up, surrounded him and come to a complete stop to first argue and then beat the shit out of him only sooner than when he took the exit in to the city. "Oh shit 100+ bikers are about to kill us, here is the game plan dear!" Ain't nobody got time fo dat when you're about to shit your pants. You would need a really good plan to keep safe from a mob of angry bikers. Hell, even only a handful of angry bikers. The man did what almost any normal human being would have done in fear of his and his family's safety. Plow these crazy mother fuckers and bounce, what ever it takes ffs. GG to the ones that posted up in front of a big SUV while your buddies are harassing the family. Should've expected to get run over. Did they think he was going to stop at their command on the highway to talk about the situation, make up and go for some earl grey tea and crumpets? Thats what would have happened.. in a fuckn fairy tale. What ever happened prior to the video, like if he was making "mean gestures," who cares? Grow the fuck up and enjoy your damn cruise so your shit don't get banned or in trouble. Retard's, full Retards.
Posted via RS Mobile
yousername is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-01-2013, 09:17 PM   #135
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
You play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:47 PM   #136
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,286 Times in 133 Posts
K.Dubz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-01-2013, 09:50 PM   #137
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Do bullets move faster if you lean into the shot?

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-01-2013, 09:54 PM   #138
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo View Post
You play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.
I like that one.

Seems like karma sorted this situation out in an OK fashion.
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:01 PM   #139
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
stupid bikers

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:28 PM   #140
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
not sure if its been noted but at least one of the bikers was arrested/charged saw it on CNN as i was leaving

and supposedly one of the bikers is paralyzed / in a induced coma (according to his mother)

also "many" of the bikers didn't have plates and some had suspended licenses

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1472419

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...tacking-driver

picture of the RR driver left on the ground

Last edited by StylinRed; 10-01-2013 at 10:37 PM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:40 PM   #141
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bing View Post
cool, where to I make donation?

to pull the plug on this piece of turd?
ImportPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-01-2013, 10:49 PM   #142
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bing View Post
Lulz at some of the comments...

"everyone's a rapper nowadays..lmfao make a song called I'm a veggie 4life nigguh!"

Okay, okay, benefit of the doubt, he was just trying to help out another person... in a situation that if he was THAT altruistic, he never should have been in the middle of in the first place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-01-2013, 11:49 PM   #143
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,623 Times in 577 Posts
the amount of idiocy on the facebook pages (both "Meezee's" and Alexien's) from people siding with the bikers is astronomically frightening to say the least. to think that eventually these people will procreate and raise more retards is a sad outlook for humanity.
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2013, 12:06 AM   #144
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 4,359 Times in 382 Posts
rofl. the media tries so hard.

quotting a comment that i couldn't agree more with:

"This family speaks volumes about the mentality of the shitheels riding those bikes that day. This assholes's brother and mother are actually defending the rider's actions? They act like they were out on a legal and harmless ride for charity or something. "They were on their annual ride out". A ride out? Is that what you call that? I could have swore I saw a bunch of assholes who took their plates off their bikes so they couldn't be identified while they went marauding around the city committing every moving violation in the book. Not to mention intimidating and terrifying every motorist they encountered.
These jackasses were weaving in and out of oncoming traffic, blowing through red lights, driving on the sidewalks and forcing other motorists off the road. And this woman wants justice? Are you fucking kidding me? Every single state in the US has a self defense statute in the books. I 100% guarantee that the driver of the Ranger Rover was convinced that his life and the life of his wife and child was in danger from the mob of deranged bikers. He won't be charged and shouldn't be charged. Why? because he was well within his right to defend himself and his family by making a hole through those bikers so he could escape.

Fuck this guys family. News flash to the mom. This isn't the road warrior and your son isn't Lord Humungus! They don't get to drive around town and do whatever the fuck they want. One last point. I've watched all the other footage of this "Annual ride out". All I can say is where the fuck were the cops? I couldn't believe I didn't see these clowns inadvertently role by a single cop on their rampage through town. Where are the fucking cops in NYC?"
ShanghaiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2013, 12:10 AM   #145
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,759 Times in 3,870 Posts

Posted via RS Mobile
320icar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-02-2013, 12:11 AM   #146
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,623 Times in 577 Posts
found this on the support page for Meezee

its terrible but i lol'd
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:20 AM   #147
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

It certainly appeal to the public when the best photo of your son is in ghetto gangster clothes with a hand gesture to the camera. 0:19

Last edited by lemon4; 10-02-2013 at 12:21 AM. Reason: clarity
lemon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:29 AM   #148
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
It's a tragic situation all around.

One thing that's still shocking to me is the lack of police presence and response when all of this was happening even though the NYPD knew these guys were trouble. And I read that the bikers even blocked of the entrances to the highway so they could have the highway to themselves to do "tricks" and even than there were no cops around.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:50 AM   #149
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

The total lack of police presence is indeed astonishing. There are some very interesting posts on that Facebook site though for sure! I like this one...

Quote:
"Here is some additional information you all might want to read. This is my personal experience with this situation. I made sure to post this on the support site as well. As a trucker that would deliver in north jersey and New York I am familiar with these gangs. I can hopefully clarify a few things. First the initial "accident" is part of a game they play. They ride in a huge group and will operate together to slow down traffic. Next they pick out high end vehicles targeting people with families in them, the targets will usually be white or Asian. Then one of the riders will do a "brake check" and stop suddenly in front of the target vehicle causing a minor bump. In some cases they will just roll back into their target vehicle. They will then mob the vehicle demanding money and or begin attacking the person inside. It is their practice to also slash the tires to prevent the vehicle from escaping. Truckers are well aware of them and are advised not to stop. You can clearly see in the video how they are well practiced in this style of attack. The police in NY have backed off them after an officer ran one down using his vehicle a few months back. The video was all over the net so I advise you to check it out. These "bikers" ride dirt bikes and sport bikes very few of which are street legal and even fewer have plates. They run red lights, stop signs, and have no regard for the law. If you are ever in this situation do not stop, immediately call the police and do whatever you have to to keep them from boxing you in. NEVER leave the scene of an accident if you are not under direct threat!!! Only run if you have no other choice, and again immediately call the police. This is not rare by any means, the only reason this incident got any attention is because of the helmet cam video being posted on the net. If you see anyone in this situation, call the police. Make no mistake confusing these punks with true bikers. You will rarely if ever see a member of these gangs on a Harley. Do not for a minute blame true bikers for this kind of behavior. Bikers like those involved in the 2 million Bikers to DC Rally are American Patriots and would be among the first to come to your aid. A final note, always be aware of motorcycles and share the road. Check your mirrors and don't ride anyone's bumper, motorcycles have a much smaller profile then a car and are harder to see."
xSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:07 AM   #150
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,186 Times in 239 Posts
Now I think about it, run flat tires especially in Bimmers will be put into great use in this case. He wouldn't have to get off the highway and could've continued to just ride along until the police catch up to them.
is350 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by: