REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 04-20-2016, 08:42 AM   #3601
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,785 Times in 2,492 Posts
surprised dana didn't make some public remark like "he turned down the diaz fight" or "he didn't want to take the fight" like he does with other fighters that don't take whatever the UFC offered to make it like they're scared to fight.
Advertisement

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:23 AM   #3602
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
I wonder how much Belator can afford?

I think Dana needs to stop the money train. Think of the crazy outs boxing gets. I wonder how much GSP would be worth per fight at this point?

Berz out.
Old 04-20-2016, 09:43 AM   #3603
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,777 Times in 8,170 Posts
Bellator is owned by Viacom, they have WAY more money than UFC

It is not out of this world to think that one day the #1 MMA promotion in the world will be Bellator, with Conor McGregor, Jon Jones, and others as their champions.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:47 AM   #3604
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
I wouldn't be shocked if Connor simply didn't want to fight Nate Diaz again lol...

Mind you from day 1 Connor was saying he wanted to make his money and run, perhaps he's made enough... If I had 20+ Mil in the bank and just recently saw one of my training partners (Joao Carvalho) die 3 days post fight from a concussion... I might be looking to expedite my retirement too.
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-20-2016, 09:48 AM   #3605

Also BTW the reason we haven't heard of a confirmed GSP return is because he wants to make as much as he used to, which includes sponsorships [since he can't make that money anymore]. That is probably close to what Conor is asking for
Old 04-20-2016, 09:49 AM   #3606

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
I wouldn't be shocked if Connor simply didn't want to fight Nate Diaz again lol...
he specifically asked for the rematch against all requests from everyone else involved.
Old 04-20-2016, 09:57 AM   #3607
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,214 Posts
Well with Conor out of the way they should have plenty of cash to throw at GSP.

If Conor actually retires then props to him for making a huge splash and then getting out. If it's just a crybaby tactic hoping the UFC caves so he can make more money then I've lost some respect for him.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:07 AM   #3608

MMA fans...
Old 04-20-2016, 10:20 AM   #3609
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

If it is about money I don't see the UFC being the one to make the first move. If would have a short term benefit but in the long term it could lead to others trying to do the same thing. With Connor still being under contract he isn't able to join another promotion so I doubt he will stay retired that long consider how flashy he likes to live.
Adorkami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:36 AM   #3610
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post

Mind you from day 1 Connor was saying he wanted to make his money and run, perhaps he's made enough... If I had 20+ Mil in the bank and just recently saw one of my training partners (Joao Carvalho) die 3 days post fight from a concussion... I might be looking to expedite my retirement too.
What the fuck are you doing in this thread? BTW congrats on being alive after Surgery bro.

Berz out.
Old 04-20-2016, 10:51 AM   #3611

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
MMA fans...
I'd love to hear your thoughts on the matter!!
Old 04-20-2016, 01:01 PM   #3612
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
connor isnt going to bellator anytime soon. Im sure hes under contract (especially with the champions clause or whatever). He is likely the one breaking the contract by not participating in media obligations.
Old 04-20-2016, 01:13 PM   #3613

Besides whats the most money Bellator has thrown at a fighter thus far? Viacom may be rich but they don't seem to throw boxing figures at MMA fighters
Old 04-20-2016, 01:26 PM   #3614
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,785 Times in 2,492 Posts
they (or maybe it was just bjorn rebney) gave rampage what he wanted. but in the end after bjorn left they put the brakes on that

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 02:49 PM   #3615
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,212 Times in 1,397 Posts
Chael: McGregor called the bluff of the wrong guys

Chael with a good explanation of how this likely unfolded.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 03:18 PM   #3616
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Old 04-20-2016, 08:15 PM   #3617
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Bellator is owned by Viacom, they have WAY more money than UFC

It is not out of this world to think that one day the #1 MMA promotion in the world will be Bellator, with Conor McGregor, Jon Jones, and others as their champions.
AND HER

Old 04-20-2016, 09:07 PM   #3618

im telling you, the fight will happen

Dana White: If Conor McGregor calls me now, the fight with Nate Diaz is back on | MMAjunkie
Quote:
UFC President Dana White says UFC featherweight champ Conor McGregor can still change his mind and fight Nate Diaz at UFC 200.

But there’s one thing White isn’t budging on: McGregor needs to promote.

White appeared today on FOX Sports’ “The Herd” and “The Jim Rome Show” to address McGregor’s sudden retirement and removal from UFC 200, telling host Colin Cowherd his removal wasn’t about money or ego, but refusal to participate in media obligations for the July 9 pay-per-view event at Las Vegas’ MGM Grand Garden Arena.

White equated McGregor’s alleged decision not to participate in a press tour and commercial for UFC 200 to Terrance Howard, star of the hit TV show “Empire,” not appearing in promotional commercials.

“The one thing nobody is exempt from is promoting their fights,” White told Cowherd. “Muhammed Ali promoted his fights. ’Sugar’ Ray Leonard promoted his fights.

“Mike Tyson, if you think about Mike and how he was when he was the champ, if you go online, you’ll see these things with Mike Tyson, he’s basically in a room for an hour – ‘watch my fight tomorrow live on Comcast.’ Everybody promotes their fight. You have to do it.”

The UFC president said he’s currently looking for a replacement to face Diaz (19-10 MMA, 14-8 UFC) in the event’s headliner and told Rome that two more bouts could be headed to UFC 200.

So what were the obligations that prompted McGregor(19-3 MMA, 7-1 UFC) to walk away from “a lot of money” at UFC 200?

According to White, McGregor’s press duties began this weekend, as the UFC planned a press tour to begin this weekend in Las Vegas and travel to Stockton and New York. A promotional video is also scheduled for three days of filming with a crew from Los Angeles. The out-of-pocket expenses for the industry-leader were $10 million, White told Jim Rome.

But the UFC executive said the demands on McGregor’s time were reasonable given the tour took place three months before the fight and the rest of the participants on the card were required to do the same.

White said in the midst of McGregor’s refusal, the champ’s manager asked to move the press obligations to May and was denied. Conversely, he told Jim Rome that Diaz arrived in Las Vegas on Tuesday night and had no problems with the historically salty fighter.

“It’s not like I’m asking Conor to do something none of the other fighters are doing,” White told Cowherd. “So Conor, at the end of the day, for whatever reason, he freaked out about this. He’s a very reasonable guy. A smart guy, and he likes money. So this is weird.”

White also shot down a tweet from a reporter who said McGregor’s retirement was in reality a negotiating tactic utilized after an unsuccessful demand for a new contract and a $10 million payday for Diaz. On Jim Rome, White called the tweet “a flat-out, disgusting lie” and blasted “Internet hacks” who spread false information.

“Never, ever was this about money,” White told “The Herd.” “Conor makes a lot of money, and Conor is very happy with the money he makes. And Conor, for the most part, is a standup guy. He’s never come back after agreeing on a deal, and then the fight is announced and he comes back for more money. Conor’s not that type of person.”

Despite the turns of event that led one of the UFC’s biggest stars from the promotion’s biggest pay-per-view of the year, White said he wasn’t mad at McGregor.

“He made a decision and made a choice to not want to fight on this card, and that’s how he gets paid, so that’s on him, man,” White said. “That’s not on me. The show will roll on.”

But if McGregor’s retirement sticks, however, White plans to put the UFC featherweight belt up for grabs at UFC 200, where ex-champs Jose Aldo and Frankie Edgar are currently scheduled to vie for the interim belt.

If McGregor changes his mind, White said McGregor can still fight Diaz on July 9. But he should decide soon.

“If he called me after this interview, we could probably still do it,” White told Cowherd. “The thing is, you have to be here to promote your fight, and you have to shoot this commercial. We’re spending, like, $10 million in promotion for UFC 200, and all that money is in motion. You can’t do this. I don’t care who you are, or how big you are. You can’t do this.”

dana basically says "if conor calls me and wants back in, hes in"
Old 04-21-2016, 07:51 AM   #3619

Conor's update

Quote:
50 world tours, 200 press conferences, 1 million interviews, 2 million photo shoots, and at the end of it all I'm left looking down the barrel of a lens, staring defeat in the face, thinking of nothing but my incorrect fight preparation. And the many distractions that led to this.
Nothing else was going through my mind.

I will not do this if I am back on the road handing out flyers again.
I will always play the game and play it better than anybody, but just for this one, where I am coming off a loss, I asked for some leeway where I can just train and focus. I did not shut down all media requests. I simply wanted a slight adjustment.
But it was denied.

It is time to be selfish with my training again. It is the only way.
I feel the $400million I have generated for the company in my last three events, all inside 8 months, is enough to get me this slight leeway.
I am still ready to go for UFC 200.

For the record also -
For USADA and for the UFC and my contract stipulations -
I AM NOT RETIRED.
And so on...
Old 04-21-2016, 09:05 AM   #3620

Interesting. I feel his fight is far enough away to still meet these obligations. He has a calendar don't fly everyone out to Iceland to train when you gotta leave the next day. Promoting is part of the game
Old 04-21-2016, 11:43 AM   #3621

Fight has been officially scrapped. Kinda sucks but at the same time I don't think Conor should have taken this fight with Nate in the first place. Hopefully he defends his title next.
Old 04-22-2016, 02:00 PM   #3622
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
The UFC 200 press conference was still the McGregor show even without him there lol; like 90% of the questions were McGregor related. Nate said he's either fighting Conor or he's going on vacation. Also Ariel went in on Dana for like 5 minutes trying to convince him to do the fight, but doesn't look like Dana's gonna budge

Edit: Forgot to mention Miesha looked bangin

Last edited by jonwon; 04-22-2016 at 02:12 PM.
jonwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 05:50 PM   #3623

Was at the press conference. Sounded like all the media fans fighters and everyone wants the Conor fight to happen but Dana isn't budging. He slipped "Im working on something I'm not telling you guys" at one point
Old 04-22-2016, 06:44 PM   #3624
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
Was at the press conference. Sounded like all the media fans fighters and everyone wants the Conor fight to happen but Dana isn't budging. He slipped "Im working on something I'm not telling you guys" at one point
He's working out a deal with GSP
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 07:02 PM   #3625
NSX
NA1

Bellator: Andrey Koreshkov beats Benson Henderson
NSX is offline   Reply With Quote