REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-17-2013, 12:36 AM   #176
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
So this makes it okay to go all the way to the other extreme?
It's funny you bring up the Liberals when it's the Conservatives acting Holier than thou.

This guy has admitted do doing crack, hanging out with hard core gang members one who is now dead, has been caught drinking and driving, been drunk during at official functions, is accused of being with prostitutes, grouping women, and doing coke. What's this guy have to do to get fired? kill some one?
Advertisement
Old 11-17-2013, 01:16 AM   #177

Rob Fords house:

Old 11-17-2013, 02:36 AM   #178
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
It's funny you bring up the Liberals when it's the Conservatives acting Holier than thou.

This guy has admitted do doing crack, hanging out with hard core gang members one who is now dead, has been caught drinking and driving, been drunk during at official functions, is accused of being with prostitutes, grouping women, and doing coke. What's this guy have to do to get fired? kill some one?
by doing a super horrible job being a mayor
Posted via RS Mobile
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 03:31 AM   #179
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post
by doing a super horrible job being a mayor
Posted via RS Mobile
Well, it could be argued that he is not conforming to his role as a chief executive officer.

Depending on the official interpretation of:
1. The purposes of the City are...
2. What acting like a representative entails...
3. Whether his duty to foster and promote and enhance economic and social well-being of the city is violated by acts that do the opposite of enhancing social well-being.

Dependant on how a legal body would interpret these above phrases, it could be said that his vulgar language on TV, disregard for the law and use of illegal narcotics all violate the purposes of the city or fail to conform with the goals of being a representative or fail to promote social well-being.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:54 PM   #180

Rob Ford is going to be on AC360 on CNN tomorrow.

Old 11-17-2013, 04:48 PM   #181

Quote:
Rob Ford is going to be on AC360 on CNN tomorrow.

LOL and people complain saying the media is being intrusive and everyone is treating him unfairly. If YA don't want more controversy and want to be left alone, then stop going on the air and talking about eating da pooooooon and DON'T go on a TV show that as over half a million viewers.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:17 PM   #182
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Oh trust me, there's plenty of self-righteousness to go around from both wings... it just seems more ironic coming from the "I'm okay, you're okay" lefties.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:09 PM   #183
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Honestly, I don't care if a mayor (or, hell, Premiere, Prime Minister or President) snorts lines off a hooker's ass while in a meeting. So long as he or she is doing a good job, oh well. There are tons of functional users in the business world. Hell, a buddy of mine used to do cocaine socially and during that time his work ethic actually went up a couple notches. It wasn't until he had a weekend of too much partying and actually became addicted to it that things finally went downhill.

How many of you calling for his head have spent a night wasted drunk or smoked a few joints or done something "unsavory?"
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-17-2013, 09:56 PM   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Honestly, I don't care if a mayor (or, hell, Premiere, Prime Minister or President) snorts lines off a hooker's ass while in a meeting. So long as he or she is doing a good job, oh well. There are tons of functional users in the business world. Hell, a buddy of mine used to do cocaine socially and during that time his work ethic actually went up a couple notches. It wasn't until he had a weekend of too much partying and actually became addicted to it that things finally went downhill.

How many of you calling for his head have spent a night wasted drunk or smoked a few joints or done something "unsavory?"
So your OK with the Mayor breaking laws he's elected to enforce? Does being mayor make him above the law? if he want's to smoke crack he should put forward a motion to city council to legalize it.

Rob Ford is doing a terrible job as a mayor. instead of dealing with the day to day issues of the city he's spending all his time dealing with his problems.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:05 PM   #185
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Quote:

We are not elected officials. Those we place in positions of power must be held to a higher standard. It reflects poorly on us if we have a mayor doing crack and not being held accountable for it.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-17-2013, 10:08 PM   #186

Quote:
So your OK with the Mayor breaking laws he's elected to enforce?
Considering he's been CLOSELY investigated by the police (some would say to the point of persecution) and they still haven't even come up with enough to arrest him, let alone recommend charges, I'd say you're being a little premature there...
Quote:
Old 11-17-2013, 10:09 PM   #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy View Post
We are not elected officials. Those we place in positions of power must be held to a higher standard.
I hear this all the time... never understood who decided this MUST be the case, though.
Quote:
Old 11-17-2013, 10:16 PM   #188

Quote:
Considering he's been CLOSELY investigated by the police (some would say to the point of persecution) and they still haven't even come up with enough to arrest him, let alone recommend charges, I'd say you're being a little premature there...
He admitted to doing crack. You calling him a lliar?
Old 11-17-2013, 10:19 PM   #189

Quote:
I hear this all the time... never understood who decided this MUST be the case, though.
Because they are the ones making and enforcing the law.

You think cops should get in trouble for being intoxicated in a public place?
Old 11-17-2013, 10:27 PM   #190
Head Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy View Post
We are not elected officials. Those we place in positions of power must be held to a higher standard. It reflects poorly on us if we have a mayor doing crack and not being held accountable for it.
While I understand the sentiment, I'd almost rather someone in power be more "of the people" than someone "above the people." It shows that even those we elect into power are capable of making mistakes. It's one reason why I don't get too up in arms about all the issues that have popped up in the past with different elected officials.

Besides, I've yet to meet a single person who hasn't done something that couldn't be used against them in a smear campaign if they ever decided to run for any type of office.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:28 PM   #191
Head Moderator

Quote:
Technically the act of smoking cocaine isn't illegal. Possession and purchasing, yes.

At least that's how I understand the lettering of the law.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:33 PM   #192

Quote:
Quote:
Technically the act of smoking cocaine isn't illegal. Possession and purchasing, yes.

I think Manic should work for the OPP, apparently he knows more about the situation than they do.
Quote:
Old 11-17-2013, 10:35 PM   #193

Quote:

Rob Ford admits to buying illegal drugs while mayor, loses humiliating council vote 37 to 5 | National Post
Old 11-17-2013, 10:36 PM   #194

Quote:

I think Manic should work for the OPP, apparently he knows more about the situation than they do.
I can teach them how to use Google.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:44 PM   #195

Quote:
I can teach them how to use Google.
You sit there all high any mighty driving around in your blue R8 acting like you've never done crack cocaine before. Have you ever even taken your car off jumps before?
Old 11-17-2013, 10:51 PM   #196
#savethemanuals

Quote:
While I understand the sentiment, I'd almost rather someone in power be more "of the people" than someone "above the people." It shows that even those we elect into power are capable of making mistakes. It's one reason why I don't get too up in arms about all the issues that have popped up in the past with different elected officials.

Besides, I've yet to meet a single person who hasn't done something that couldn't be used against them in a smear campaign if they ever decided to run for any type of office.
"The people" don't generally do crack cocaine - a substance proven to be highly addictive and can ruin lives. This is different from smoking, or consuming alcohol or perhaps even recreational marijuana.

And yes, people make mistakes all the time. BUT there is a difference between doing stupid things when you are young and immature AND doing those things while you are in office. Lying and attempting to cover it up afterwards makes it worse.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:59 PM   #197
#savethemanuals

Quote:
You don't believe that, naturally, this must be the case?

I don't need a law to tell me that someone in a position of power, someone who was elected to look after our interests, someone who has a zero tolerance for drugs, gangs and guns should not be allowed to smoke crack and, if he does, get away with it.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:55 PM   #198
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
have some of u ever wonder if u kick ford out now, how would u know the next guy is going to be doing a good job

yes the next guy is responsible non crack smoking family loving guy, but the whole TO is in debt because of the NEW mayor

fact is nobody knows if the new mayor is going to doing a better job then ford, if he done then thats wonderful but what happens if he doesnt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:12 AM   #199
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
Quote:
have some of u ever wonder if u kick ford out now, how would u know the next guy is going to be doing a good job

yes the next guy is responsible non crack smoking family loving guy, but the whole TO is in debt because of the NEW mayor

fact is nobody knows if the new mayor is going to doing a better job then ford, if he done then thats wonderful but what happens if he doesnt?
^ This kind of thinking is exactly what ultra conservative people come up with. It is pointless to bring the point up because it is an entirely hypothetical question. We could have just as easily argue that, what if the next guy does a kicka$$ job and doesn't smoke crack?

In a business, if the same question gets asked, an under-performing CEO would never get replaced. What is the next guy is worse?

Stop asking the what ifs. Ford screwed up. Time to move on to the next guy so that Queen's Park can re-focus its attention on TO instead of keep shining that spotlight on the personal blunders that he commits during his "drunken stupors".
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:15 AM   #200

Quote:

There is a democratic process that gets him in and if the next mayor fails to do a good job, he won't get re-elected, simple.