REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Lululemon says pants do not work for some women's bodies. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/689952-lululemon-says-pants-do-not-work-some-womens-bodies.html)

parm104 11-06-2013 03:47 PM

Lululemon says pants do not work for some women's bodies.

Here is a link to one of many articles that have been circulating today regarding a statement Lululemon's founder had made when addressing an issue with the brand's clothing.

The controversy that has popped up on Facebook and other social media is that the company, founder and clothing is discriminating against women of a particular shape/size.

Reason why I address this is somewhat similar reasoning behind the "Asian Fit" controversy. So now there is a presumed right to wear spandex pants and if a company fails to provide adequate sizing for plus-sized women, then we should all be up in arms about it?

http://globalnews.ca/news/950626/lul...womens-bodies/

Quote:

Lululemon Athletica founder Chip Wilson is facing more controversy after saying that their pants do not work for some women’s bodies on an American TV show.

Wilson made the comment when he and his wife Shannon were interviewed on Bloomberg TV’s “Street Smart” program.

Earlier this week, it was reported the company is facing new complaints about their yoga pants. Some customers are complaining they are pilling after only a few months of wear.

“The thing is women will wear seat belts that do not work, or they will wear a purse that does not work,” said Wilson. “Or quite frankly, some women’s bodies actually do not work for it.”

When the show host asked if it was more likely the pants will be see-through with some women’s bodies than others, Wilson replied, “Even our small size will fit an extra large. It is really about the rubbing through the thighs, how much pressure is there over a period of time, and how much they use them.”

The comment comes just months after Lululemon pulled their yoga pants from shelves because they were too sheer, costing the company millions of dollars in sales.

In July, the company said customers could still be sporting see-through yoga pants because they’re buying sizes that are too small for them.
Here's another article from a different feed:

Lululemon co-founder on too-sheer yoga pants: Not for 'some women's bodies' - TODAY.com

I fail to see what the controversy is here and why this has become such a prevalent story? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that body-forming, shaped clothing aren't designed to be worn for all shapes and sizes. That doesn't prevent someone from wearing them but it doesn't guarantee them the same results as someone slimmer/fitter.

Spidey 11-06-2013 03:50 PM

it isn't a big deal.. women who are offended by it are probably the same women that shouldn't even be wearing the largest sizes lulu has to offer. you don't see men complaining about not being able to fit into skinny jeans made for guys that are 100 lbs

trancehead 11-06-2013 03:51 PM

only people complaining would be fat chicks

probably another self over valuating fat head

instead of looking for warfare on companies on this discrimination against "big beautiful woman": drop the mcdicks and lose some fucking weight

Harvey Specter 11-06-2013 03:51 PM

I've seen stretchy pants labelled "skinny fit", maybe Lululemon should do the same with some of their pants.

HonestTea 11-06-2013 03:55 PM

They should've kept using the Luon material for their Yoga Pants..but people complained that it was too "transparent" :(

parm104 11-06-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trancehead (Post 8355777)
instead of looking for warfare on companies on this discrimination against "big beautiful woman": drop the mcdicks and lose some fucking weight

Or continue eating the McDicks and embrace your body and not blame society for your shortcomings!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Disick (Post 8355778)
I've seen stretchy pants labelled "skinny fit", maybe Lululemon should do the same with some of their pants.

Fair suggestion but I think it's general knowledge that Lululemon and Yoga Pants, TNA pants etc. are meant for a particular body and shape. AKA #notfatchicks. All there products are "stretchy" so in theory "skinny fit." What would be the point of labelling every product from gloves, socks to jackets and pants to "skinny fit" lol.

Wearing yoga pants is a PRIVILEGE not a RIGHT!

Kidnapman 11-06-2013 03:57 PM

http://static.neatoshop.com/images/p...-l.jpg?v=27523

MarkyMark 11-06-2013 04:01 PM

In other news no one wants to see fat chicks in spandex. The shit that causes controversy these days lol
Posted via RS Mobile

maksimizer 11-06-2013 04:07 PM

2muchButthurt

will068 11-06-2013 04:11 PM

haha.. I saw that interview on Bloomberg.

The female commentator made a big deal about it.

The male commentator just brushed it off.

punkwax 11-06-2013 04:18 PM

No, Lulu pants aren't for every woman. But the ones they are for... :sweetjesus:

Spidey 11-06-2013 04:49 PM

I haven't and won't buy Lululemon mainly because of the price... but for those who do buy them, do they come in sizes which reference your body size? ie. small = 25inch waist, etc? If not, maybe they should... so women who have a 40" waist won't cram themselves into a small

kwy 11-06-2013 04:51 PM

I bet some of the women still complaining about the pants being too sheer are trying to stuff their too-fat asses into way undersized pants..and you wonder why the material is being pushed to its limits..

is350 11-06-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spidey (Post 8355825)
I haven't and won't buy Lululemon mainly because of the price... but for those who do buy them, do they come in sizes which reference your body size? ie. small = 25inch waist, etc? If not, maybe they should... so women who have a 40" waist won't cram themselves into a small

are you a girl? I know lululemon makes male pants too but...

yogenfruz 11-06-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwy (Post 8355828)
I bet some of the women still complaining about the pants being too sheer are trying to stuff their too-fat asses into way undersized pants..and you wonder why the material is being pushed to its limits..

"Oh my god, my 'diet' must totally be working. I fit into a pair of small LuLuLemon pants!"

Spidey 11-06-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmwx1 (Post 8355831)
are you a girl? I know lululemon makes male pants too but...

I don't understand what you are asking? Why would it make a difference whether I was a man or woman, and asked that question?

parm104 11-06-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spidey (Post 8355850)
I don't understand what you are asking? Why would it make a difference whether I was a man or woman, and asked that question?

He's trying to be funny...a little uncomfortable about his manhood and implying that somehow wearing lululemon pants makes you less of a man.

On a side note, Spidey I agree that they're too expensive but they sure do last a long time. I end up justifying making a purchase every now and then for something I really like because they always last me years without any sign of wearing or degradation.

SpeedStars 11-06-2013 05:34 PM

I don't understand the controversy... The sizes they offer are up to 14 iirc. That's fking huge. If the founder believes certain body shapes fit his product, so what? I'm pretty sure the founder of Ferrari doesn't want his product driven by spoiled 17 year olds. WEAR THEM IF YOU THINK YOU SHOULD.(even when others think you shouldn't :ahwow:)

dinosaur 11-06-2013 05:36 PM

Lululemon is crazy over priced, but it is good quality. They advertise and the sales people really push the "non-pilling" and pre-shrunk fabric/materials. I've never had a problem nor have any of my friends but because their quality it so good, I have not bought anything new from them in about a year and a half. Maybe they changed materials?

Also, they don't sell xs-xl....their pants and hoodies are sizes 2 to 12...like other stores.

Spidey 11-06-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parm104 (Post 8355858)
He's trying to be funny...a little uncomfortable about his manhood and implying that somehow wearing lululemon pants makes you less of a man.

On a side note, Spidey I agree that they're too expensive but they sure do last a long time. I end up justifying making a purchase every now and then for something I really like because they always last me years without any sign of wearing or degradation.

The only thing lulu lemon I have owned was a dri fit t shirt, and track pants... Yup track pants.. they had them when they were about 3 years open.... I personally would buy some of the pants for men, but I wear shorts to the gym, and they are too expensive for "lazy sunday" pants. I won't deny they are good quality and worth the money if you do wear them out a couple times a week.

Now that you got me thinking.. I might check out the store and pick up a pair.. damnit!!

will068 11-06-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parm104 (Post 8355858)

I get what he's saying. Lululemon still has that very feminine aura about it. Like owning a car model driven predominantly by the female gender. However, at the end of the day, if you're not harming anyone or anyone's property, just do you.

I wonder if this will have positive effect on the revenue for LULU. I can see heavy-set women going "Oh yeah, I can still wear your clothes....".

Mr.HappySilp 11-06-2013 06:45 PM

Some styles/clothing simply don't work for everyone. As someone mention skinny jeans aren't for everyone. Should I go to the store and complain about it? No I simply get something else I look good in......

nabs 11-06-2013 06:45 PM

yeah Pilling is a big problem with their pants and it's nothing to do with the size of the wearer or anything, My gf has a couple pairs and the pilling happens after a few months, and my gf is definitely wearing her size, actually she made sure the pants were a looser fit because thats how she likes her yoga pants.

After buying her first pair she saw the pilling happen and then went to the store to ask about it, the person helping her told her how to take care of it and how to wash it and shit. She bought another pair and she took care of it like the girl told her, pilling still happened. My gf really takes care of her clothes in general to make sure they last a long time. After that she never bought a pair from LuLu again. The quality and longevity is just not the same as it used to be back when I worked at LuLu, I have a pair of trackpants that I still wear to this date back from 2007.

/rant

bing 11-06-2013 07:14 PM

Lululemon should make a similar tag and attach this to every piece of clothing they sell :troll:

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/pics...hicks-8242.jpg

bloodmack 11-06-2013 07:25 PM

dude I even know fit chicks who shouldn't wear this shit.. the requirement should be to have an ass..