REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:23 PM   #26
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
^WUT?
Advertisement
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:32 PM   #27
I subscribe to Revscene

Im trying to understand where belka's logic comes from... maybe he thinks we should start an apartheid system with the first nations... just like the isreal he support.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:26 PM   #28
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by belka View Post
Shut the fuck up. Out of all people in Canada the Aboriginals have it the easiest, there are a shit ton of programs, incentives and breaks that your average, white, black, immigrant etc, Canadian would only dream of. It makes me sick when I see them whining for more fucking handouts. Why is a native entitled to free things because they were born native, while people, not even born in this country in some cases, fight and die for Canada get comparatively nothing? I have zero time, patience and sympathy for the lazy Aboriginal who would rather protest and complain than use all those breaks, paid by the taxes of Canadians, to build themselves a modest life. They really are starting to wear out their welcome and try people's patience.
Your ignorance will keep fueling your anger and hatred. Get educated on Canadian First Nations.

Wear out there welcome!? LOL!!!! How do you wear out your welcome in your own country?
Old 11-13-2013, 09:33 PM   #29
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
Surprised no comment from Saucy Women
Old 11-13-2013, 10:09 PM   #30
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
Surprised no comment from Saucy Women
There's more than one?
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:14 AM   #31
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post
Well the thread was made, and hasn't been completely de-railed sooo...

Sauce:

Toronto Police Arrested a First Nations War Veteran on Remembrance Day | VICE Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
What is this guy's cause?

And what do those flags represent? They were being perceived as negative and unlawful in the video.
The vice article explains a little bit about why he was there and what the flag represents.

He's a veteran served for Canada in Bosnia
The flag he's carrying is an Iroquois flag and they were part of the Allies during WWI & II

It's noted in the article that a First Nations representative had in the past been invited to the Remembrance Day ceremonies to represent 1st nations veterans and 1st nations participation in past wars but the city had stopped inviting a representative about 5 years ago.

However the flags in question have also been used in recent and past native confrontations with the police so I guess the police who detained him and his friends had assumed something was going to go down and were ignorant about the history and the veterans rights to be there or just didn't care
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2013, 05:39 AM   #32
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-SPEC View Post
Haha deal w/ it. You have no choice in the matter.
The majority of Canadians are finally starting to have enough. Once their umbilical cord is finally cut, like in Australia, they will have to function like the rest of modern Canada. It's only a matter of time. Oh look, it's already happening.

B.C.'s Nisga'a becomes only First Nation to privatize land - British Columbia - CBC News

Quote:
Your ignorance will keep fueling your anger and hatred. Get educated on Canadian First Nations.
Ya, because I question where my tax dollars go and how it's spend I'm automatically racist. That is their usual excuse... "get educated".
belka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:06 AM   #33
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
I can understand belka's point of view.. that is to say that First Nations do get alot of support from our govt.

Whether it be; free housing, free post-secondary education, tax cuts, food vouchers, etc. I don't know how it works really as I'm not FN, but if you take all these handouts, does it say you have to stay in the FN community? (HIGHLY doubt it) Thus why is the FN population so... down and out and just raping the handouts?

IMHO it seems to be the case of "give an inch, take a mile" when it comes to a higher majority of FN. If I was given free post-sec education.. I'd go be a lawyer/doctor and make a killing.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2013, 09:25 AM   #34
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,820 Times in 2,505 Posts
i'd stay in school forever and be like pierce hawkthorne from community

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #35
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post
I can understand belka's point of view.. that is to say that First Nations do get alot of support from our govt.

Whether it be; free housing, free post-secondary education, tax cuts, food vouchers, etc. I don't know how it works really as I'm not FN, but if you take all these handouts, does it say you have to stay in the FN community? (HIGHLY doubt it) Thus why is the FN population so... down and out and just raping the handouts?

IMHO it seems to be the case of "give an inch, take a mile" when it comes to a higher majority of FN. If I was given free post-sec education.. I'd go be a lawyer/doctor and make a killing.
Your view point is perfectly reasonable, unlike belka's...It's articulated appropriately instead of a "f*ck the Natives they need to gtfo of this country." I agree with your concerns...

However, there are underlying problems in the First Nations community that root from centuries of marginalization. In our country, we have a problem with First-Nations and poverty, drug, alcohol and incarceration. It's synonymous African-American's living in a post-slavery era. To think that a race is prone by genetics to be this way would be ludicrous. Societal conditions have caused this and continued to assist with this marginalization.

Clearly, "hand outs" are not the solution to help the First Nation's community to live better lives. I don't know what would help but my point is that they have a long-standing history of oppression which has led them to be where they are at today in society. That's not to say that there aren't a group of First Nations who aren't taking any responsibility for their lives and willing to work for better.

Many people have the mindset that enough is enough, it is time to move on and continue on without paying back or making efforts towards the First Nations or African-Americans...unfortunately, even if we feel enough is enough, the reality is our efforts to help fight against the marginalization of first nations have not been effective and similarly, First Nation's efforts to help their role in society haven't been effective either.

Last edited by parm104; 11-14-2013 at 10:27 AM.
parm104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:35 AM   #36
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Belka and the rest of the ignorant lot needs to get educated about First Nation before spewing slanders and hate speech towards them. Your stupidity and ignorance is what keep the marginalization of those people going. They were fucked many many generations by the Canadian government with your tax dollars so shut the fuck up. Stuffs like residential schools are just a small part of the issue that has plaqued their community until today. It makes me sick all people like you care about is your tax dollars. We all pay taxes what make yours so special?

How would you like those ungrateful natives come to your house take away your properties, your wife and kids, slave your ass away and justify it by givong you some handouts? Idiot.
Posted via RS Mobile
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-14-2013, 10:43 AM   #37
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,346 Times in 5,651 Posts
It happened to the Jews and most of them are doing alright.

My uncle touched me when I was three so now I'll never get over it and my whole life is for naught

Sooo many groups of people all over the world have gone through similar histories, and while there wil always be resentment the vast majority of them have moved on.
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by Hondaracer; 11-14-2013 at 10:54 AM.
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2013, 12:03 PM   #38
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
Belka and the rest of the ignorant lot needs to get educated about First Nation before spewing slanders and hate speech towards them. Your stupidity and ignorance is what keep the marginalization of those people going. They were fucked many many generations by the Canadian government with your tax dollars so shut the fuck up. Stuffs like residential schools are just a small part of the issue that has plaqued their community until today. It makes me sick all people like you care about is your tax dollars. We all pay taxes what make yours so special?

How would you like those ungrateful natives come to your house take away your properties, your wife and kids, slave your ass away and justify it by givong you some handouts? Idiot.
Posted via RS Mobile
Please educate us on how First Nations differs from the African American slavery in the USA.

Maybe you should atleast post a thought-out response and not just slander back at people.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:04 PM   #39
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Better believe my daughter will take full advantage of her "Indian Status" and not take ANYTHING for granted in the process. Yes she is .25 Native.
E-SPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2013, 12:16 PM   #40
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
so, how does the rule work? what if your 0.25 native kid has a kid with a non native person?
does her kid get native status?

at what point does it diminish to nothing?

i guess we just have to breed natives out by breeding with all of them until their DNA has been diluted to the point of diminishing returns lol!!!

I call the hotties.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2013, 12:21 PM   #41
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
i guess we just have to breed natives out by breeding with all of them until their DNA has been diluted to the point of diminishing returns lol!!!
This is a serious concern for the Aboriginal community in Australia, actually. I'm surprised its not been brought up in Canada yet.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #42
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,346 Times in 5,651 Posts
I've known people who had less than a quarter in them and got status cards

I believe you just have to be able to trace back your heritage of the blood line?

I can fully respect anyone that is 10% and actually uses it to get a free education etc
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:08 PM   #43
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
This is a serious concern for the Aboriginal community in Australia, actually. I'm surprised its not been brought up in Canada yet.
how is it a problem?

I would like to imagine in the far future, there are no different races, and cultures and whatever.

just one human race. one culture. one value. one mind. welcome to the borg.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:26 PM   #44
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

It stops w her as far as I know.
Posted via RS Mobile
E-SPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #45
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
So the guy served for the country and decides to show up in his native outfit at the ceremony?
Old 11-14-2013, 06:13 PM   #46
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
They were fucked many many generations by the Canadian government with your tax dollars
You are right, too much money was and still is, given out.

Quote:
Stuffs like residential schools are just a small part of the issue that has plaqued their community until today.
Speaking of education, how much and what training do band leaders have to run a multi million dollar operation? What are the government's standards when they turn over millions of taxpayers dollars to people who do not have the education, training, or experience to do the job? Not every band, but probably hundreds.

Quote:
It makes me sick all people like you care about is your tax dollars.
The taxpayer, if informed, should be outraged at what is going on. Not all Reserves, but there are stories of new fire engines rusting on Reserves because of no volunteers to get the training to operate and maintain. Everyone is otherwise occupied. AANDC hands over millions with not a hope of responsible management and accountability. What is wrong with this decade long practice? It is probably because the government is afraid of being labelled racists by all the usual suspects.

Quote:
So what happened hundreds of years ago somehow translates to what is happening now. Get a grip with reality.
belka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by: