REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-24-2013, 09:38 PM   #176
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Wow nice doge
Advertisement
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-24-2013, 11:01 PM   #177
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Eyewitness to Pitbull stabbing step forward. His recollection of the event is quite different from the pitbull's owner. Apparently, today SPCA confirmed that the dog was stabbed three times (not stabbed repeatedly, up to 10 times), but hopefully more will be revealed after a full necropsy.

Eyewitness to tragic death of pit bull steps forward - BC | Globalnews.ca
Old 11-24-2013, 11:11 PM   #178
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
It’s like saving a child. People that are dog lovers or animal lovers will understand, it’s like your family.

So he let's his children run loose ???

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-24-2013, 11:33 PM   #179
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,168 Times in 7,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKS PWR View Post
Eyewitness to Pitbull stabbing step forward. His recollection of the event is quite different from the pitbull's owner. Apparently, today SPCA confirmed that the dog was stabbed three times (not stabbed repeatedly, up to 10 times), but hopefully more will be revealed after a full necropsy.

And his recollection seems to be different than the proven amount of stab wounds by the SPCA.
Lets try something here, and I'll even make it so its a fair comparison by upping the size comparisons of the dog to scale.

"Around 1 p.m., a 22-year-old Vancouver man was walking his Pitbull at the beach when he was approached by a woman with a King shepard.

After a brief introduction, the King shepard bit down on the neck of the smaller dog.

When the two owners could not separate the two dogs, the owner of the pitbull stabbed the King shepard with a folding knife.

The pitbull was rushed to a veterinary hospital for stitches to its neck and animal control attended for the king shepard.

The SPCA was notified of the case by Vancouver Police and has been given the Shepard. They will be conducting an autoposy to determine if the dog suffered.

The owners are cooperating with police.

Charges are not being considered at this time."
What do you think would have been the original comments from the average person if this was the story? It would have been a LOT different. People were quick to defend the pug owner in the original incarnation of the story before the new, and newer information came out. Do you think ANYONE would have defended the 22 year old pitbull owner in the EXACT story?
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.

Last edited by westopher; 11-24-2013 at 11:56 PM.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-24-2013, 11:51 PM   #180
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
Hate is a strong word.

For me, I am scared of pitt bulls, dobermans, bull dogs, rottweilers, and boxers. Only because they are more aggressive breeds by nature and I don't trust the people walking these dogs as a lot of owners of these dogs are lazy and have not trained their dogs properly.

It's just hard for me to like these dogs when i'm afraid of what these dogs can do to me, especially if they are not trained properly. I have had a really bad experience with a doberman and a rottweiler, so whenever I see either of them I get pretty scared.
that's the thing. I really think many of the people that choose to own these type of dogs do not have proper education, training or even the proper IQ level to own a type of dog with this type of strength. it's somewhat of a stereotype, but many (not all) of these type of owners just want to own one to be cool, or look tough etc.

the dog's behaviour is a reflection of its owner. nice friendly owner that properly trains their dog = nice friendly dog.

wanna be cool owner that doesnt properly train them and you get something that can cause damage if it's a bigger dog.
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:59 PM   #181
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,273 Times in 275 Posts
It's horrible the incident happened, but until the end of the investigation there's just so much speculation on both sides at this point, and I'd say even then we'd never really get the complete picture.

Spur of the moment eye witness accounts can be a double edge sword as they're not always 100% accurate when you throw in variables like the commotion at the time plus the adrenaline kicking in.

2004 E46 M3
2001 WRX STi (sold)
2003 Supercharged 350z (sold)
1991 R32 GTR (sold)
2000 Civic SiR (sold)
1990 Civic Si-T (sold)
1986 MK1 Mr2 (sold)
2005 GSX-R 750 (sold)
2003 CBR 600RR (sold)
2007 Ducati 1098 track (sold)
2009 Kawasaki ZX6R (track build)
fT-z33wor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:36 AM   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by fT-z33wor View Post
It's horrible the incident happened, but until the end of the investigation there's just so much speculation on both sides at this point, and I'd say even then we'd never really get the complete picture.

Spur of the moment eye witness accounts can be a double edge sword as they're not always 100% accurate when you throw in variables like the commotion at the time plus the adrenaline kicking in.
As far as I'm concerned, there are enough facts on the table for me to determine who's at fault.

I should also point out that the witness says the PB was stabbed once, whereas the SPCA released that it was actually stabbed 3 times. He also states the pug owner left the scene to tend to his dog. How does he even know this? He implies that the PB handler exaggerated her account of the incident, yet is inaccurate in his own. He makes no mention that the pug was off-leash and if it went up to the PB - I find that awfully convenient.

It's totally feasible that the witness and the pug owner are, at the least, acquaintances and he's therefore defending him. And why would he go to the news before going to the authorities or SPCA?

Why did the media either not ask or not televise the witnesses account of whether the pug was on a leash? Because it's easy to vilify the big, bad pitbull, victimize the cute, lapdog and ignore the fact that it's owner didn't have control of his dog and killed another dog. Otherwise, the story would read: Offleash dog gets bitten and owner kills leashed dog.

I guess a 70yo man and his cute dog can do no wrong because it sells newspapers.

fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol

RSUV #7

Last edited by fliptuner; 11-25-2013 at 12:41 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-25-2013, 05:52 AM   #183
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKS PWR View Post

I think it goes without saying that when there are two sides to a story, generally people will side with the party they can relate to. We all come into a picture with our own biases and loyalties and I'm not saying the gentleman that came forward is lying; but I will say that it's equally possible that he's defending a fellow small dog owner.

You may be a dog owner who loves all types of dogs, small, big, rescued, bred, etc. but not everyone will feel the same way. Like we said, a dog is a reflection of the owner and therefore the type of dog the owner buys will also be a reflection likewise amongst other SIMILAR dog types/owners.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:07 AM   #184
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
citytv news this morning interviewed a witness. i only caught the 5 second highlight before going to work. the witness said the man was doing everything to get the pitbull off his dog, even going as far as trying to pry its jaws open with his hands, before using the knife.

there was more in the interview... maybe someone else caught it and can add more comments.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:02 AM   #185
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
^That was pretty much it. 5 second clip saying the pug owner did everything from prying jaws to gouging eyes then, as a last resort, stabbed the PB.

It did look like a shoddy cut job to accentuate the fault on the PB owner, but the clip showed that he was clearly defending the old man's actions.

Last edited by m3thods; 11-25-2013 at 11:17 AM.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-25-2013, 11:06 AM   #186
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
citytv news this morning interviewed a witness. i only caught the 5 second highlight before going to work. the witness said the man was doing everything to get the pitbull off his dog, even going as far as trying to pry its jaws open with his hands, before using the knife.

there was more in the interview... maybe someone else caught it and can add more comments.
The witness on citytv sounds like the one interviewed for the global article, which is being responded to above.

The witness isn't credible, in my opinion, because he's:
coming forward five days after the fact;
coming forward to the media, not investigators;
claiming the stab wounds were not repeated, when the SPCA has confirmed three;
not making mention of the off-leash issue, whether in the interview itself or in the comments section where he's responded;
stating the old man rushed away due to his dog's injuries, but a observer would only be able to speculate about the motive;
stating the entire incident ended before he was in the immediate proximity, which causes doubt whether he was able to hear or see everything clearly.

I'm admittedly biased towards the PB and PB owner, but there's a lot of credibility issues to look past.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-25-2013, 01:20 PM   #187
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
I think it's safe to say it's the human's fault in this case. From both sides. The old man did not leash his dog, and panicked when his pug was bitten by a much larger dog. The pitbull handler panicked when it bit the pug. Both of them made the situation worse.

A normal dog in the hand of an ignorant handler could be vicious given the circumstance. Dogs feed on the handler's energy. If the handler panicked and freakouted, a small skirmish could escalate to the level of fatality. I believe this to be the case here. How many time you walk down the block and see the owners/handlers control their dogs by pulling, dragging and yanking on the leash? They shouted out commands in sentence, which are useless because no dog can comprehend it.

I believe it is time for the humans from both side to man up and admit their mistakes instead of conducting a witch hunt to prove who is more wrong than the other.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:58 AM   #188
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

From the eye witness. He posted this in the comments as a lot of his interview was cut out. You can hear the news anchor talking over him. Cut and pasted for you below:

St. Jacques
• a day ago

This is St.Jacques. There was a lot left out in my story so here is what I'd like to add. The poor pitbull died in my arms. From the time it got stabbed to the time it passed away was approx. 25 seconds. I wish I could have been there moments earlier as I am younger and stronger than the 72 year old; perhaps this could have differed the outcome. But that's only because I know the techniques to stop a dog fight. What I did witness was no control from the pitbull's walker (room mate of the owner). What you don't do in a dog fight is pull on the leash on the dog (especially an aggressive breed) and act in hysterics (this just adds more to the state of aggression the dog already is in). I saw this first hand. RIP pandora. I think this should bring awareness for people to really educate themselves on why they are getting specific breeds. A lot of people get certain dog breeds for the wrong reasons and don't have the knowledge and trainIng it takes. although the pug was off leash, children are not on leashes and this could have been a child. I want to make this clear: I truly believe that the old man did his best with whatever power he had to avoid having to kill this beautiful animal but put in a situation where you feel and sense you have no other choices but to protect your loved one...I'm sorry to say but I would have done the same thing.
Brad Fuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:22 AM   #189

What is the point of him writing that? That doesn't bring forward any details of anything other than his opinions on breeds and how smart and strong he thinks he is. Pitbulls are NOT A FUCKING AGGRESSIVE BREED. There is no such thing as aggressive breeds, only aggressive dogs. I'm fucking sick of people comparing a dog to a child too. If the dog was fighting a child, go a fucking head and stab it. It was fighting a dog, who instigated the event.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 11-26-2013, 02:49 AM   #190

What if it was a kid? What if it was the Pope? What if it was a blind midget?

The PB had no history of aggression - you can "what if" all you want.

The pug doesn't get to the PB if the it's owner doesn't let it run, free.

The subject of breed isn't a factor if the pug owner isn't negligent.

The pug owner facilitated the confrontation, period.

RSUV #7
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-26-2013, 05:27 PM   #191
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Another pitbull attack. This one killed the other dog. This one was the one off leash and apparently at fault as it ran across the street from a neighbours house and killed the smaller dog in its yard

Quote:
A Keremeos couple is mourning the loss of their small dog, following a pit bull attack last Friday.

Angel, a 10-year-old maltese shitzu, died in the arms of her owner Donna Stolz. The second dog is slated to be destroyed today, Tuesday.

"It has left a hole in my heart," said Stolz. "I had Angel for 10 years, and you couldn't have asked for a better soul mate and little companion."

Stolz, who lives with her husband Wayne in Keremeos, had just carried the little dog out of the house to go to the bathroom, when the attack took place.

She turned around and the next thing she knew the bigger dog had Angel in its mouth and was tossing her around like a rag doll.

"It was such a shock, her intestines and liver were right on the steps," she said.

Stolz lay down on the pathway with Angel, and finally a group of people who were across the street came over.

She called the police and the female officer who showed up, took Stolz and Angel to a veterinary hospital in Osoyoos.

The dog was dead on arrival and Stolz asked that she be cremated.

Cpl. Martin Trudeau said the call came in to the Keremeos RCMP detachment around 4:30 p.m., but by the time an officer arrived on scene it was too late.

Photo: Deborah Pfeiffer - Penticton
Our best friend
He said the incident started when the pit bull got away from a home across the street unbeknownst to the owners, ran to the neighbour's home and attacked the shitzu.

"It was just in the front yard doing its thing, and the other dog mauled it," he said. "It appears to be purely prey driven."

The dogs were separated, but by then it was too late.

Police officers had not dealt with this dog before, but Wayne Stolz said they heard from a friend the dog had attacked another two weeks ago.

Once the police determined it was not a criminal matter, they contacted the bylaw officer in Keremeos on Monday. Trudeau later learned from the officer, the family had agreed to voluntarily turn the dog over.

The pit bull was taken to Penticton, where it was scheduled to be destroyed on Tuesday. No one answered the door at the home, where the dog lived.
disclaimer: I am not anti-pitbull. Just reporting the news.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:01 PM   #192

Ok heres an unrelated story that has no relevance as well. Typical global attempt to fuel the fire.
Quote:
A supposedly "gentle" pooch named Lucky is suspected of killing a 2-month-old baby and tearing the child's body apart in South Carolina.
Aiden McGrew, who was born on Valentine's Day and was the youngest of three children, was found dead in his family's mobile home Friday in Ridgeville by his mother, according to The Post and Courier newspaper.
The baby was in a swing when Lucky, a golden retriever-Labrador mix, bit the child several times and tore off his legs, authorities said.
The child's father, Quintin, was in the home at the time, police said. He was in another room asleep with the family's 3-year-old and their other dog.
The baby was discovered when his mother, Chantel, came home after taking their seven-year-old to a doctor's appointment, The Post and Courier reported.
"This... is about as bad as it can get for us as police officers," Dorchester County Sheriff L.C. Knight said at a press conference Friday. "I've been doing this a lot of years and haven't seen one like this."
It is unclear why the father did not wake up when the baby was attacked, police said. The mother told 911 at the time that her husband was still asleep when she got home.
Shirley Pargiello, 70, a next-door neighbor to the McGrew family, told The Post and Courier that Lucky was "a very gentle dog."
"It's a beautiful dog," she said. "I went over to say hi one day, and he came right up to me and stopped. I rubbed his head, then he left.”
No charges have been filed in the case, which police said was still "under investigation."
msheridan@nydailynews.com; or follow him at Twitter.com/NYDNSheridan

Read more: Dog killed 2-month-old baby, ripped child?s legs off while father slept in other room: police - NY Daily News
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by westopher; 11-26-2013 at 11:09 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-26-2013, 11:12 PM   #193
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Ok heres an unrelated story that has no relevance as well. Typical global attempt to fuel the fire.
Well, looks like I'm having fucked up dreams tonight.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:27 PM   #194

Sorry, it is really gruesome. Just trying to make a point. Its just crazy how someone can stab a pittie to death and it still turns into a BAN PITBULLS PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN type of situation. Most people on here are pretty level headed about it, but you wouldn't believe the shit I have heard from some people. Sure enough in the same spot I was walking by and heard people talking about dangerous pitbulls, while the 3 of their dogs were all not on leash. A lab, and two little yorkies(?) or something like that. Sure enough, the yorkies charged my dog with a terrified gasp from the owner when she saw my dog. All monty did was play bow and hop from side to side a bit. The owner apologized, but seriously, what the fuck?
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 11-26-2013, 11:44 PM   #195
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,110 Times in 602 Posts
https://www.change.org/petitions/the...a-the-pit-bull

it's already begun

FYI I have no plans in signing this myself as I am of the mind that both parties could've done things better to keep their animals safe, but the petition does paint the old man in a bad light
mk1freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:18 AM   #196
Need my Daily Fix of RS

best comment on that site

"The monster was wielding a knife. Maybe next time he should try holding a leash."
123654123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 04:26 PM   #197
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,750 Times in 700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Very odd the father didn't wake up. Moreso, the other dog didn't wake up. I always figured dogs have a keen ear for stuff like that.

That is a terrible story.
PeanutButter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:13 AM   #198
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
thought it was the artist pitbull getting stabbed.. LOL.

But Damn.. Dog owners should have their dogs on a leash.
Posted via RS Mobile
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #199
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
this is why I own fish.. worst case scenario I flush it down a toilet..

im very compassionate when it comes to animals so it dosnt really matter who is as fault, either way it sucks
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:34 PM   #200
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,814 Times in 2,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snails View Post
this is why I own fish.. worst case scenario I flush it down a toilet..

im very compassionate when it comes to animals so it dosnt really matter who is as fault, either way it sucks
you must have snails in your fish tank

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote