REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-21-2013, 06:25 PM   #126
RS Licensed Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahhbeehhaaaa View Post
i hate irresponsible dog owners..

Fixed
Advertisement
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com
Cman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:35 PM   #127
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Lol and the fucking initial news reported that the pit "chomped down on the pug's neck". I was picturing the pit has the whole head of the pug in its mouth. It was a bit at the ear. The pit doesn't deserved to be stabbed to death. That's so fucked up.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2013, 06:52 PM   #128
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,063 Times in 308 Posts
Fuck, I said it.

This old man has ISSUES FFS.
zilley is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2013, 08:17 PM   #129
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,277 Times in 1,633 Posts
dear god people, the amount of stupid responses in this thread is alarming. if you haven't owned a dog (and i mean REALLY owning a dog, not the dog your parents took care of for you), you have no idea what it is you are talking about.

take it from someone who has four boys, different breeds and all with different characters and tendencies: the small dogs are not innocent. if anything, they are 99% the shit disturbers. want proof? the dog I rescued and adopted is ALWAYS starting shit with my other boys

And guess what? HE GOES FOR THE NECK EVERY SINGLE TIME. He's a friggin' Westie, definitely not what society deems an agressive breed. Who is he attacking? My huskies and my first boy (he's a big boy mix, 1/4 pit). If it were up to my first boy, all he'd do all day is eat, sleep, play with chewing toys and walk with me. You bet your ass my Westie goes over to him unprovoked to start shit and make a play fight out of nothing. After a few nasty barks, my Westie (mostly) knows not to fuck with him because he recognizes he doesn't like it. But guess what? Other small dogs don't know this. They see another dog, they RUN over to greet them and more often than not it is in an aggressive fashion or at the very least, it startles the bigger dogs who react either instinctively or in the way they have been conditioned to do so. Also, let's not forget, little dogs jump. My first reaction when another dog approaches is to shorten the leash but if a small dog lunges at my boys there isn't much of anything I can do about that.

Someone suggested earlier that the pit owner could have leaned forward to pick up the pug. Clearly, you have never walked a 90lb+ dog. CLEARLY. Not only is that not an option, it is the wrong thing to do. If anything, you shorten the leash, pull your dog back and block with your legs as best you can.

All of my boys have had formal training and I can tell you that there will always be tough situations that you cannot 100% control. Why? Because you can't control other owners. The key point here is that dog training is MORE about training the OWNER than it is training the DOG. People don't understand this until they've gone through with actually training their dog(s) with professionals.

Bottom line here is if that pug were on it's leash, NONE OF THIS would have occurred in the first place. I don't see why that's so hard to understand. There's a lot more I want to say but this is getting too long winded..
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:58 PM   #130
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Shouldn't the lady be able to control the dog. Don't get me wrong dogs are fuking strong but if u can't pull the dog off or pick it up then that is kinda silly. Might sound stupid and I know everyone's response is the best but I don't get the whole, not being able to handle the situation or fight if your dog is attacking another dog
Posted via RS Mobile
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:08 PM   #131
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,277 Times in 1,633 Posts
when you own a large breed, it's not about being able to pick it up. it's about being able to stop the dog and snap him/her out of that mindset of defend/attack. not everyone can do it but that's generally because people haven't been trained on how to. this goes for small dogs as well.

at the end of the day, the pitbull owner does share part of the responsibility but the main point is this entire thing was preventable with a simple leash on the pug.

as much as training plays a role, there are unexpected situations that arise where it's hard for us owners to react in time let alone make the correct decision in a flash. i've been in a situation where a gigantic dog broke it's leash and aggressively approached/barked at my four boys. i stood my ground, settled them down with calm energy as much as possible and shortened their leashes. how many people would have reacted the same? people react different to danger and dogs feel that. they also need to know who's in charge at all times. it may sound simple but i can assure you it is not; not in the slightest.
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2013, 09:51 PM   #132
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snails View Post
i dont wanna hear "little dog provoked him" because if this were a case of just a smaller guy provoking a bigger guy, bigger guy snapping and trying to kill the small guy that would still be an attempted murder case.. obviously animals arnt people but if they are trained as well as they should be if they want to be in public then the theory still stands..
little dog provoked him

It's actually true though. If someone randomly got in your face while you were walking with your GF, you'd probably be like, "Dude, WTF? GTFO of here!!!!"

Well, dogs don't talk; they growl, bark and bite (some scurry) when provoked. Any owner should know this. Another reason the pug should've been on-leash.

Quote:
im fully aware they arnt, i even said they arnt..

but when you own something dangerous.. a car or even something like a gun there are rules and regulations in place that these things be the safest possible and be in hands capable of handling them.. of course there are cases of people not knowing how to drive or people shooting up schools.. but an untrained dog with a negligent owner is no better..

so yes im worried when i walk by a large dog and its owner on the street, i dont know if its been trained, how it is treated, how the owner will react to the dog getting out of control.. way to many variables for me. sure there are great dog owners and great dogs. but we all know that there are many dogs and owners not fit for society
There's risk with everything in life - driving, crossing the street, hooking up jumper cables, biting into a hotpocket....

The question is: under the circumstances, was the pitbull owner negligent? Based on the available information, I say no.

Don't forget, the pug was off-leash on an on-leash path. More than likely, the pug went right up to the pit, face to face and startled it/pissed it off. This wouldn't happen if the pug owner had control of his dog. Hell, even toddlers are taught that before approaching an unfamiliar dog, to ask the owner if it's okay.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2013, 10:35 PM   #133
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Pugs are sassy and I've seen them start numerous fights, and lose
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:11 PM   #134
PRINCESS

My dog got bitten by another dog (small breed though) at an a elementary school
If that dumb bitch had the dog on a leash it wouldn't have happened
It clearly says before you enter the park that all dogs must be on a leash
She kept on arguing that there were no such law
When I called the cop she shat bricks and ran off after putting it on a leash

Fuck all the dumb owners who won't leash their dogs at leash enforced parks
MeowMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2013, 11:20 PM   #135
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
sooner or later, there maybe a muzzle requirement.

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:56 PM   #136
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
For the people who said the pit owner should have stopped the attack, it's really tough to snap a dog out of that mental state after he has already bit the pug. Even more so for muscular breed like pits. It's kinda the point of no return and the stabbing could have happened very quickly.
Posted via RS Mobile
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:07 AM   #137
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
After seeing the 6 o'clock news last night, and seeing the Pug happy, not traumatized, with what seemed to be a superficial cut on its ear..

I hope the pug owner gets fined for:
-dog on-leash bylaw
-cruelty to animals

And finally, has his dog removed from him. He does NOT deserve an animal. He clearly over-reacted and should be seriously punished for it.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2013, 07:08 AM   #138
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
latest news i heard on the radio this morning was that the pug was off-leash in a designated leashed area and the pitbull bit the pug in the ear after being approached by the barking pug, not "attacked and latched on to the neck" as reported in some of the media

SPCA to conduct necropsy on fatally stabbed pit bull | CTV British Columbia News
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds

Last edited by thumper; 11-22-2013 at 07:16 AM.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:43 AM   #139

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK SO MAD.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2013, 07:45 AM   #140
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
Ear? Fuck that. Old man is Dexter
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:41 AM   #141
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
it depends on how you read the story, and what parts you pick out of it. i dont entirely believe the owner of the pitbull

but we need to hear a witness account.

Quote:
In an interview with CTV News, the owner of a pit bull stabbed to death in a Vancouver park is sharing a dramatically different account of the frightening incident.

Samantha Fairbridge said her friend Lyndsey Harkonen was walking her dog Pandora through Kitsilano Beach Park in an on-leash area Wednesday afternoon when the incident occurred.

According to Harkonen, an off-leash pug belonging to an elderly man ran up to Pandora and began barking at her.

“It freaked her out, she felt threatened and she reacted like a dog would react. That wouldn’t have happened if the other man’s dog was on a leash,” Harkonen said Thursday. “She bit the pug on the ear, and the man came over and we had tried to get them apart, and his first reaction – he pulled out a knife and was yelling ‘you f---ing bitch, you deserve to die,’ so his intention was to kill her.”

Harkonen’s recollection is in stark contrast to the details released by Vancouver police, who said the 72-year-old and his dog were approached by Harkonen, not the other way around, and that the pit bull clamped down on the small dog’s neck – not it’s ear.

Police said the man cooperated with investigators and was not facing charges as of Wednesday night.

But Harkonen and Fairbridge claim it was the man who acted out of control.

“He stabbed her, and continued to stab her after she had let go of his pug, and he was crazy,” Harkonen said. “It was the scariest thing I have ever experienced.”

The number of times the dog was stabbed has not yet been confirmed by an SPCA necropsy, but Harkonen said it was upwards of 10. Then the man took his pug and left the scene before authorities arrived, she said.

Fairbridge said she is traumatized by what happened, and said it could have been prevented if the pug’s owner had kept his dog on leash.

“That was my best friend,” she said. “To some people it’s just a dog, but that was my best friend. She was taken and it wasn’t necessary…he killed her in such a horrible way, and that’s not okay.”

Police haven’t confirmed whether or not the pug was on a leash at the time of the incident.

Fairbridge wasn’t there when her dog was stabbed to death, but said she’ll wait for an official report from an SPCA necropsy to determine how many times Pandora was stabbed before she decides what to do next.

She said she knows the incident has prompted concerns about pit bulls – but maintained her dog was as gentle as they come, often playing with her sister's infant daughter.

“I don’t want this to paint the breed in a bad light. She was not a bad dog,” she said. “Anybody who ever met her. Even people who already didn’t like put bulls, they changed their mind after they met her. She didn’t deserve this.”

SPCA spokeswoman Marcie Moriarty said the attack will likely re-ignite the debate over dangerous dogs, but urged the public not to rush to judgment.

“It’s always tragic when you hear about dogs, dangerous dogs and dog fighting, and it really highlights the issue of – to be honest – responsible pet ownership,” Moriarty said Wednesday.

The organization wants to speak to the owners of both dogs, and check the results of the necropsy, before any decision is made about the case.

The attack came less than two months after Burnaby City Council voted unanimously to boost fines on dangerous dogs and make it harder for residents to own so-called “vicious breeds.”
Cliffs:
Pitbull owner was not with the dog
Friend of pitbull owner was with the dog
Pitbull owners friend says the pug ran up to the pitbull, not the other way around
Claims pitbull bit eat, not neck
Claims man rambo attacked pitbull and repeatedly stabbed pitbull like a lunatic

Need to have the SPCA release info on if the pug was bit in the ear or neck, but Id bet the friend of the owner of the pit is lying and was in the wrong
Old 11-22-2013, 09:02 AM   #142
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
The man was walking his pug off leash at an on leash site, we know that's for sure.

What trigger the incident is most likely because the pug was off leash. Usually, when dogs are spoiled and treated like they're princess in their growing years, can show a cocky behavior that only other dog can sense.

Assuming with what we know, the pug did something to trigger the pitbull to go buck wild, because the pug was off leash. If the pitbull was naturally this aggressive, then this would not be the first time happening.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:03 AM   #143
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,168 Times in 7,157 Posts
If you would have seen the photos/video of the pug, you would have seen a pug with a 1.5 inch patch near its ear where it was shaved for 8(?) stitches. This happened 100 meters from my front door, and I know the man that did it, and I can tell you for a fucking fact his dog was not on leash, and is NEVER on leash in that area. On multiple occasions his dog has approached mine, although never in an aggressive manor. It doesn't fucking matter here. The dog wasn't on leash, and if a dog is not on leash in an on leash area, you are at fault. Its like walking across the street against a red light. Its not the cars fault you got hit.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.

Last edited by westopher; 11-22-2013 at 09:10 AM.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:11 AM   #144
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Chiming in to express my disappointment and sadness. I'm sad that this type of occurrence happens far too often but is easily preventable with a little education. Disappointed at some of the responses and comments in here, which again, are easily preventable with a little education. I am, however, appreciative with the dog people in here. It's comforting to know that in a world filled with loving dogs that get fucked over by ignorant people that there are others on the flip side of the coin doing their best for dogs everywhere. Kudos to you

If I were to add anything worth while my post would mimic that of spoon.ek9. church!!
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2013, 09:16 AM   #145
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Did not know the Pug was for sure off leash. That is definitely the problem. And for some reason I missed pages 2-5 in this thread lol
Old 11-22-2013, 10:42 AM   #146
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
im fully aware they arnt, i even said they arnt..

but when you own something dangerous.. a car or even something like a gun there are rules and regulations in place that these things be the safest possible and be in hands capable of handling them.. of course there are cases of people not knowing how to drive or people shooting up schools.. but an untrained dog with a negligent owner is no better..

so yes im worried when i walk by a large dog and its owner on the street, i dont know if its been trained, how it is treated, how the owner will react to the dog getting out of control.. way to many variables for me. sure there are great dog owners and great dogs. but we all know that there are many dogs and owners not fit for society
so if smart car swerves into an oncoming lane and gets crushed by semi because the semi driver was unable to "control/avoid", is the incident its the semi driver's fault? then should a surviving family member of the smart car driver have the intent and right to kill the semi driver?

to me the pit owner was in control by having a leash

pug was off leash and approached the pit and got fcked...

did the pug deserve to get fcked? no.
should the pit owner be able to "control/avoid" all unwanted situations? no.
should the pit and owner be at fault and receive all this negative media? no.
should the pit have been stabbed? no.
was the old man at fault for not having a leash in a marked area. yes.
did the old man escalate the situation by killing the pit. yes
was this all preventable? yes, at least to a larger degree if the old man had a fcking leash in a marked area for fck sakes own up to it if your dog gets fcked when you don't follow the rules

does shit happen? yes.

point is shit happens. its tragic, but the pit and owner do not deserve the negative media and if there is anything negative to highlight in this news story its the fact that the old man had his pug unleash in a marked area.

to put things in perspective if a large dog was not leashed in that area and it charged at a person unprovoked and the individual was threatened and decides to kick the dog should the owner have the right to stab the person?

the story is as simple as the old man broke the law and that lead to this accident...sounds like he does this regularly...an incident was bound to happen he was fortunate it wasnt this
and it was unfortunate a pit was involved...the icing on this story is that the old man knew he fcked up and left the scene otherwise he wouldn't have

to those that hate pitbulls without having their own personal bad experience with them is plain fcking ignorant
and ideally hate should be assigned to an individual not a group
the media always takes a spin on things.
it was fortunate for them that a pit was involved so they can blow up the story and bash on specific unwanted breed.
its similar to having incidents in the US involving muslims
i find it disgusting when the media does nothing but propagate hate and label

rules are in place reason for a reason, if you choose to neglect them (in a way inviting unwanted situations/chaos) then lol bitch you have it coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE BOY View Post
little dog provoked him
There's risk with everything in life - driving, crossing the street, hooking up jumper cables, biting into a hotpocket....

The question is: under the circumstances, was the pitbull owner negligent? Based on the available information, I say no.

Don't forget, the pug was off-leash on an on-leash path. More than likely, the pug went right up to the pit, face to face and startled it/pissed it off. This wouldn't happen if the pug owner had control of his dog. Hell, even toddlers are taught that before approaching an unfamiliar dog, to ask the owner if it's okay.
123654123 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2013, 11:49 AM   #147

Every point in your post is fucking BANG ON. Thank you.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-22-2013, 12:01 PM   #148
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,278 Times in 1,968 Posts
One of the reasons I left the media is because of their disgusting tactics to get ratings. Careful word play will make or break your view count. Most people nowadays don't read beyond what they are told and it's pathetic.

To top it all off, the media always has a 'get out of jail free' card in their pocket. They can ruin many lives through lies and misinformation and are almost never held accountable for it.

I watched the dude getting interviewed on Global. His demeanor and reactions suggest he was hiding something. He kept repeating the same statements while avoiding the questions directly. The questions that would actually shed light on what happened. He's probably trying to jump on the ant-pitbull wagon. For all we know, HE was the one who first stated the pit had bitten down on the pug's neck.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:24 PM   #149

THANK YOU 123654123 THANK YOU.

people thought the old man flee because "pug was rushed to the vet for attention"
MY FUCKING ASS.

for all those that came into this thread to BASH on pitbull breeds, you guys are no better.

now that the story is more clear, what do you have to say now?
Old 11-22-2013, 12:30 PM   #150

For the record, I just saw the old guy walking his pug less than 5 minutes ago. The dog is essentially uninjured. I made sure I crossed the street when I walked past.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by: