REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-20-2013, 05:42 PM   #26
I STILL don't get it

shit.. this must've been a awful experience for the old fella. I hate unlashed dogs, especially aggressive ones, I see them everywhere when I ride scooters in Taiwan, and lots shops would have those Taiwanese Canis, native dogs of Taiwan as guard dogs.. super aggressive.. Everyday I get chased by them..
Advertisement
Evolutionian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:45 PM   #27
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolutionian View Post
shit.. this must've been a awful experience for the old fella. I hate unlashed dogs, especially aggressive ones, I see them everywhere when I ride scooters in Taiwan, and lots shops would have those Taiwanese Canis, native dogs of Taiwan as guard dogs.. super aggressive.. Everyday I get chased by them..
you cant compare wild dogs in Taiwan, as they ve become Wild, and they roam in packs. I know what you mean tho, I m from the same country and they chase after you when you re riding your scooter.
4x4runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:57 PM   #28
2 Wheelin' Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
That is quite the offer, thank you. I don't think I would be able to though, I get pretty anxious whenever I see them. Maybe one day, but I don't think that day will be anytime soon =/
Peanutbutter if i was you I would at least think about Ice boys offer especially if he has a muzzle for his dog then you would have nothing to be worried about

I've had good and bad experiences with pitbulls. My dog has been attacked by pitbulls twice once when he was 10 weeks old at the dog park and recently while I was taking him for a walk.

The real problem are the owners the first time the lady had never brought her dog to the dog park(he was 2 years old) before nor did she take her dog for a walk before coming (he had a lot of pent up energy) It ended up with the pitbull head butting my dog and then running after a rottweiler.

2nd time my dog was attacked the owner of the pitbull started whipping his dog with his leash afterwards.

Pitbulls are good dogs with the right owners.
Jas29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:00 PM   #29
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,793 Times in 1,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4runner View Post
FUCK YOU FAGGIT, I dont give a Fuck if I get banned for calling you a Faggit.

thats the most ignorant Shit to say.

I own two pits and their the most charming dogs I ve ever owned.

you can go FUCK YOURSELF.

I feel bad for both sides of this, but I seriously dont know how I would react to a man stabbing my dog.

RIP to the Pit.

Wow. So everyone has to like pitbulls?

I hate miniature poodles (actually most tiny fru fru dogs as well). It's a free country, people can like/dislike what they want.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:00 PM   #30
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,561 Times in 455 Posts
Smaller dogs DO get away with murder, 9 times outta 10.

Most of the time owners and people laugh it off, thinking it's funny or 'cute'. Bottom line is, these misbehaved little shits often start fights with other, sometimes bigger dogs (not always pit bulls!). I've seen it a thousand times, and boils my blood. I'd like to see a crack down on smaller, aggresive dogs. Let's not just single out a couple breeds, lets crack down on all dogs.

Makes you wonder if this pug did in fact start the fight by being a little asshole? Not to stereotype, but often older people are the WORST offenders when it comes to spoiling and not training their dogs... perfect recipie for disaster... not saying that was the case here, but it wouldn't shock me.

If pitty owners aren't able to control their dogs properly, then perhaps the need to leave the house with a muzzle on. So if things go south, at least it's fall back option.

Or a better idea, carry a break stick with them in case the worst happens, and you need to break up a fight. They look like this:

I'm sure a few of the pitty owners here have seen them, have one, etc. (They are used to literally pry open the jaws of your dog to help loosen the grip and open their mouths).
Lowered_Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2013, 06:02 PM   #31
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
Wow. So everyone has to like pitbulls?

I hate miniature poodles (actually most tiny fru fru dogs as well). It's a free country, people can like/dislike what they want.
Did I Say the member has to like pits?

But what reason does he/she have to "hate" on them?

Same goes to you, explain why you "hate" mini poodles.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #32
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4runner View Post
FUCK YOU FAGGIT, I dont give a Fuck if I get banned for calling you a Faggit.

thats the most ignorant Shit to say.

I own two pits and their the most charming dogs I ve ever owned.

you can go FUCK YOURSELF.

I feel bad for both sides of this, but I seriously dont know how I would react to a man stabbing my dog.

RIP to the Pit.
wow... rage much?
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2013, 06:14 PM   #33
Banned By Establishment

Yes, took too much steroids this morning.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:16 PM   #34
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Old man is lucky the pitbull owner didn't try to kill him. Remember that story this past year of a small dog owner who's dog was attacked, then the owner's leg got bitten after he tried to fight off the pitbull? Then the pitbull owner pulled a knife out and threatened him?

Irresponsible dog owner lets pitbull attack another dog and person - do you know who this is? : vancouver

http://www.burnabynow.com/news/dog-a...scene-1.407087
jlo mein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:19 PM   #35
Banned By Establishment

^ the girl owner is probably so shocked herself she didn't know how to respond.

I dont even want to imagine what it feels like for her to see her dog being stabbed to death.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:35 PM   #36
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
Why is it that most pitbull owners treat their dogs like shit and result in the creation of a beast... This happens to pitbulls more than any other "aggressive" breeds. I think most (not saying all, so please dont be offended) pitbull owners purchased the dog to act "hard". I think thats what is giving these dogs a bad rep and it really needs to stop. Ive encountered small dogs that are vicious as fuck and large dogs like rotties that are the sweetest thing. And like humans, if a dog is raised bad, it will reflect on its mannerisms.
Posted via RS Mobile
jonwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:40 PM   #37
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

was it actually a pitbull. people thought jasper (my staffie) was a pitbull.
meowjinboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:46 PM   #38
Need to Seek Professional Help

Knife vs pit bull vs .455 Webley.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:47 PM   #39
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
i watch a ton of these and they always stress that dogs are a reflection of their owners.

Old 11-20-2013, 06:49 PM   #40
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

What are the rules to carrying knives?
I for one like to applaud this badass old man. That some premeditated shiet....lol
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:50 PM   #41
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwon View Post
Why is it that most pitbull owners treat their dogs like shit and result in the creation of a beast... This happens to pitbulls more than any other "aggressive" breeds. I think most (not saying all, so please dont be offended) pitbull owners purchased the dog to act "hard". I think thats what is giving these dogs a bad rep and it really needs to stop. Ive encountered small dogs that are vicious as fuck and large dogs like rotties that are the sweetest thing. And like humans, if a dog is raised bad, it will reflect on its mannerisms.
Posted via RS Mobile

I have to agree with you on this, alot of teenagers buys them just to look "tough", this is by far the stupidest reason to buy a dog.

they dont even know how to care for a dog, so the dogs are mostly home alone and untrained. They never get walks so they have so much energy WHEN they do get one.
and they dont associate with other dogs, everything is so new and strange to them.

as many have already said "how a dog behave is how the owner trains it" and its 99% true, there is that 1% where the dogs are just born fucked in the head.

if you dont correct a mistake when you see one it will lead to another and the result is a story like this.

I wish there was more control over owning dogs, but sadly its just not gonna happen.
governments arent gonna drop $$$ on something like this.

also, for the people here that dont like pits.

you guys should watch a few episodes of pitbulls and parolees.
look at how the dogs respond to humans EVEN after being treated like shit and left out to die without food or water.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #42
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,735 Times in 812 Posts
are the breeds of the dogs relevant in any way to this story? no!
Old 11-20-2013, 06:57 PM   #43

Thanked 31,139 Times in 7,148 Posts
Most dogs that are involved in anything are automatically labelled pitbulls because the media has created a fucking witch hunt. This is fucked. I'm willing to bet I've come across both dogs as I live right across the street from kits beach. Sure glad it wasn't my pitbull being stabbed to death.
People are going to be happy he saved his dog, especially from the "automatically vicious killing machine pitbull" but there could be a lot more to this story. Imagine you adopted a dog that is not dog friendly, you did what you are supposed to on a walk, kept it leashed, etc, then someone with their misbehaved off leash dog came and charged your leashed dog ending up in a fight. I've had it happen dozens of times where some shitty little untrained off leash dog comes and gets in my dogs face. Luckily Monty loves it, but what if he didn't? It certainly wouldn't be his fault. I don't know the story but just throwing scenarios out there before we hail this guy a hero. I know a guy who fits the description of a 70ish year old guy with a black pug who lives right beside me. Hes a great guy, with a great dog, however its off leash a lot. I certainly hope that wasn't the case here.
R.I.P. to the dog.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2013, 07:00 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.V.M. View Post
are the breeds of the dogs relevant in any way to this story? no!
Every time I see you post I'm going to thank you since I can't thank you more than once for this. There was a story on the news that was talking about a pitbull attack and they said pitbull 22 times in the story. When it happened with a german shepard on the same news station, they said the breed once and called it a dog the rest of the story.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-20-2013, 07:06 PM   #45
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,036 Times in 276 Posts
Initially I agree with the whole "pitbulls are scary" kind of posts because I used to deliver newspapers back in the day and those dogs (along with the other big "guard dogs") scared the shit out of me. But I've gotten to know a few more "guard dogs" and yea it's all about the owner and how they're brought up, any dog could go attack you, but at the same time these "killer dogs" can be hella friendly
1989 Yamaha Virago XV535 (sold)
1994 Ford Ranger (sold)
1998 Subaru Legacy Wagon (sold)
2014 Toyota Corolla (loaner)
1996 Isuzu Trooper (RIP🔥)
2003 Jetta Wolfie (sold)
1963 (T)rusty Stude Lark (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaznviper View Post
kunoman is still alive! not raped by oil riggers yet....
kunoman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:16 PM   #46
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
The thing about pitbulls is that they were bred as catch dogs (which is why they have been used as fighting dogs since pretty much the beginning).

Just like any dog breed, they can make a wonderful pet. But every breed has their own personality traits. Tracking dogs will try to track all the time, herding dogs will try to herd everything, bay dogs will try to corner or tree animals and start baying, etc.

Catch dogs will try to 'catch' things - IE grab onto its neck and not let go. Pitbulls are inherently going to 'catch' other animals, which has to be specifically trained against. I don't think you'd have to train a poodle not to grab onto a pug's neck if it comes across one.
The propensity for aggression is bred out with greater veracity than annoying traits, like baying. The breeders of Golden Retrievers, Labrador Retrievers, Poodles and other traditionally hunting breeds have bred out almost all aggression as they've become contemporary companion animals. The good breeders of Pit Bulls, and the base stock, English Bulldogs, French Bulldogs, and Boston Terriers have also bred out aggression as they've become contemporary companion animals. The average levels of aggression are thus similar. At least that's my experience. The rare bad breeders who promote aggression in Pit Bulls give the entire breed a bad name, unfortunately.

The breeds where limiting aggression has not been a priority are toy breeds, like Mini-Poodles, Chiwawas, Pomeranians, and Cocker Spaniels. They're the most mean in my experience.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2013, 07:17 PM   #47
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,315 Times in 5,635 Posts
Pit bulls are naturally more aggressive than many other breads this is fact

Then people buy into a dog that has a shit breading lineage, so you've got a worse off dog from the start

Couple that with being a terrible stereotypical owner and you've got the end result

I'm not scared of any dog nor do I dislike any bread of dog, but pitbulls obviously have a reputation for a reason
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-20-2013, 07:25 PM   #48
Banned By Establishment

I honestly dont see how a Dog is bred OUT of aggression.

a dog is like a baby, how could a baby be born and first thing on its mind is "I m gonna grow up to hunt, kill, herd"

unless someone could give me scientific proof that a Dog can be bred into killing and all that I dont believe it.

hondaracer, I dont agree that pitbulls are "naturally" more aggressive.

I do however believe that pits have been selectively bred in the past to have stronger jaws, strength and etc.

you guys would be impressed at how much weight a 50 pound pitbull can pull.

and they have the reputation for a "reason" and that reason is back to my previous response about irresponsible owners.

also I find some media writers love to hop on that band wagon to shit on some things.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2013, 07:32 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Pit bulls are naturally more aggressive than many other breads this is fact
Why is it that they are in the top 5 dog breeds in the american canine temperament test? Maybe you should check your fucking "facts"
You want to know why you hear more about pitbull bites? Here are some FACTS.
Pitbulls are the most commonly mislabeled dogs in shelters
http://nationalcanineresearchcouncil...D%20Poster.pdf
Pitbulls apparently account for over half of the dogs put through the shelter system in north america. You know why dogs end up at shelters? Its not because of super awesome responsible owners.
Pitbulls are chosen by people with aggression to be used as extensions of their own aggression. People using the animals as such have nothing to do with inherent traits of a breed.

Your PERCEPTION is not equal to FACTS.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2013, 07:39 PM   #50
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,137 Times in 259 Posts
My old dog used to fuck his own face. Hope that didn't reflect on me and what I do in my personal time