REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:05 PM   #76
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

beta tested for it before it opened, heard it improved a lot since then.

now theres a lot of compettion in richmond for that kinda thing tho
Advertisement
jpw12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 04:39 PM   #77
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Sorry to necro an old thread, but it seems like these "escape" games have been growing more and more popular. I've been hearing good things about Xcape Vancouver.

Anyone have feedback on Xcape? Any tips?
OMGWTFBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 07:06 PM   #78
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I havent tried Exit yet however xcape was pretty fun. I had a group of 6 and I tried to book viral factor 1 week in advance but the only mode available was Dark Treasures which was rated the hardest difficulty and it has a low percent success rate. Lets just say we experienced it first hand on why it had a slim success rate. Each game we get 3 hints unless your a member you'll get two extra hints. Whenever we would get stuck, we would hold a "help" sign in front of the security camera. Depending on who the staffs are, some give good hints while others give either vague or bad hints. All in all, the service was good and the game was fun. The best part is at the end where we take a group photo with a Fail xcape or an Epic xcape sign! Oh and for cellphones, we have to place them in a lock box and the most responsible participants will carry the key until the end of the game.

Heres some tips for Dark Treasure if anyone wants to be one of the few to successfully steal 9 treasures on their first try!
Spoiler!

Last edited by i-vtecyo; 03-22-2014 at 07:32 PM.
i-vtecyo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-22-2014, 10:37 PM   #79
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I thought exit was bad for props and whatnot. Went to xcape. Viral factor was viral fail. Looked like it was a kindergarten science lab. The website picture hypes it up big time.Windows were boarded up with paper half off. Scary music from a music player even though the room was a bore fest. Most of the riddles had nothing to do with science. We also finished it easily. The stupid grabbing crane didn't even work. Hardest part of xcape was finding the damn place. Went to freeing and it definitely had the best puzzles/props but the location sucks
Posted via RS Mobile
kr4l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 10:44 PM   #80
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentaiko View Post
I've been to EXIT and they are $24.14 after tax. So I have no idea where you got the over $25.xx idea from...

Oh, one thing, I know nobody really cared or know much about taxes, EXIT only takes one tax (GST) and not PST whereas Xcape Vancouver take both our GST and PST into their cost. In Canada, we only pay GST for places that provides services and PST in stores or places where they are actually selling products, and of course they would have to give a report back to the government about how much taxes they've been collecting. As game facilities like EXIT and Xcape Vancouver, it's reasonable that they're taking our GST, but NOT PST. Quite a few of my friends also noticed they got charged PST too from Xcape Vancouver, it's only a matter of time when the government would find out about this act...Especially if they're taking the PST money into their own pockets...(which no one would know really)

Ever since then, Xcape Vancouver had lost all of my friends and my trust, and would never go back again; no matter how great their games are, it is quite deceiving.
I'm an accountant and I found your post boring. Tough life, suck it up.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:53 PM   #81
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,382 Times in 416 Posts
Has anyone tried Freeing Canada?
k3mps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:27 AM   #82
RS Licensed Vendor

I'm curious to try this one day. Seems like a fun alternative thing to do. Is there much replay value to these? Anyone here actually go there frequently?
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com
Cman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:32 PM   #83
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Tried the ship. Got to the second room. Couldn't figure out how to open the large box with 5 alphabet code. Fuck
Posted via RS Mobile
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 02:54 PM   #84
FB6
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Trapped! (for fun): Asian-style Escape Game Rooms Come to Vancouver | Inside Vancouver Blog

99% of visitors fail.
FB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:52 AM   #85
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Going to Freeing Canada on Wednesday. I'll give a review of my experience after.
(I went to e-exit a few months back, so this will be my 2nd time trying these type of games)
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 12:37 PM   #86
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,557 Times in 511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
Tried the ship. Got to the second room. Couldn't figure out how to open the large box with 5 alphabet code. Fuck
Posted via RS Mobile
Yeah got to the same spot, had one hint left. Girl gave us a hint that was a step ahead so we spent our last 12 minutes working on the wrong puzzle. Basically it had to do with the box connected to the wall with all the warning labels that say don't touch $1000 fine. Basically we ignored the box on the wall because of all the warning signs and were told to ignore anything with a warning label, but it was part of the game. Dumb

Fun factor - 7/10

Organization - 6/10

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Dragon-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:45 PM   #87
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGWTFBBQ View Post
Sorry to necro an old thread, but it seems like these "escape" games have been growing more and more popular. I've been hearing good things about Xcape Vancouver.

Anyone have feedback on Xcape? Any tips?
Xcape was pretty good, went with 10 ppl, had a groupon deal

tried the hardest room, which was 2 rooms and we had to split into 2 groups and try to work together. was no where close to getting out but it was damn fun

member of the "Go To Jail For BoA Anytime Crew"
URA RENGE - Taijutsu Master of the Hidden Revscene Village

{o,o} ......ya rly!
/)__)
-"-"-
PSN: AznAlien
Grandmaster TSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 03:58 PM   #88
RS controls my life!

I have a friend plotting a similar style event. It would be like real life clue. There would be a recent murder where everyone coming to the dinner would be a suspect and everyone is inviestigating each other subtly. Everyone would have their own given backstory and basically the idea is to either not get found out or find the murderer. Would take a lot of acting skillz but it's basically free aside from the meal.
Everymans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 04:59 PM   #89
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon-88 View Post
Yeah got to the same spot, had one hint left. Girl gave us a hint that was a step ahead so we spent our last 12 minutes working on the wrong puzzle. Basically it had to do with the box connected to the wall with all the warning labels that say don't touch $1000 fine. Basically we ignored the box on the wall because of all the warning signs and were told to ignore anything with a warning label, but it was part of the game. Dumb

Fun factor - 7/10

Organization - 6/10
there was 4 of us, so i left 3 ppl to do the other shit while i was figuring that 1000 dollar fine box. u still cant open it.

Spoiler!

now the question is... if i ever do go back, is it worth it to pay the 25 bux to finish that room, (there's only 1 more room after that room im pretty sure), or spend the money on a new room that i probably wont solve in 1 time either...
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 05:19 PM   #90
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Anyone keen on doing an RS group? lol
Old 04-05-2014, 05:53 PM   #91
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,557 Times in 511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
there was 4 of us, so i left 3 ppl to do the other shit while i was figuring that 1000 dollar fine box. u still cant open it.

Spoiler!

now the question is... if i ever do go back, is it worth it to pay the 25 bux to finish that room, (there's only 1 more room after that room im pretty sure), or spend the money on a new room that i probably wont solve in 1 time either...
Here's a hint. Getting that box open is a 2-3 person job.

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Dragon-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-07-2014, 03:42 PM   #92
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
I've done exit twice now and am planning on either xScape or Freeing Canada. Anyone have experience with Freeing yet? They've only got 1 yelp review

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:06 PM   #93
Need to Seek Professional Help

Ive done Exit, Freeing, and Trapped.

Trapped is my favourite so far
RESN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:06 PM   #94
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Ive been to Exit and Trapped. Both are fun but i think i prefer Exit. Id do theses much more often but its alil too expensive to be doing this on a regular basis but ill probably still do it.
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:20 PM   #95
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Here's my reviews

Just came back from xcape for the second time. This place is utter shit. I can't believe people go there and play.. The riddles are damn near impossible, and most of them have nothing to do with the room. No wonder they give you 3 hints. Love hearing the story at the beginning. Worst English ever. Yes I'm hating, but if I'm spending $20+ for 45 minutes, I don't want to walk out of there feeling like I got hosed.

Exit is the same thing. Riddles have nothing to do with the room you're in. Terrible English. Decor is mediocre at best

Freeing is definitely the best one of the ones available. However, the two I played there were straight out of a movie. Pretty much everything was copied from shutter island and black swan. Would definitely recommend freeing but it's kind of in the middle of nowhere
Posted via RS Mobile
kr4l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:34 PM   #96
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Trapped's "Diamond Thief" room was really fun! I'd recommend that one.
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:32 AM   #97
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
So I went to Freeing Canada today. It wasn't very busy there, in fact, I think my group was the only people there.

The staff was friendly and the service was good.
Because there was no groups booked after us,
we were able to decide whether to go with the Time Space theme as we had initially planned,
or try the Black Swan which was also available.

We weren't sure which room would be more suitable for our tastes, so we asked for more info on the rooms,
and they were pretty open to discuss a bit of how the rooms were like, such as were they going to be in the dark,
was the group going to be split up into two, were they going to be searching for clues or logic solving kind of puzzles, etc.

Since I've only been to e-exit before, I can only do a comparison with them.

Unlike e-exit, Freeing doesn't bother blindfolding you before entering the room.
At Freeing, they give you a quick backstory for your room, and once they walk you into the room,
they give you 45 mins and lock the door behind.

Also, instead of giving you up to 3 hints that you can use any time like in e-exit,
Freeing has 3 hidden "hint" cards that you have to find. Once you find all 3 of them, you may redeem them for 1 hint.
Although the cards should be pretty easy to find...

The room I chose was just a single room. And because you don't get blindfolded before entering,
it should be pretty obvious how many rooms there are for whichever one you end up doing.

spoilers about the room, and experience with the staff (without any solutions revealed):
Spoiler!

Overall, not a bad experience, and I would probably come back here again to try the other rooms eventually.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM

Last edited by AzNightmare; 04-10-2014 at 12:47 AM.
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:52 AM   #98
not the mod you're looking for

Thanked 1,537 Times in 556 Posts
Went to Exit for the first time yesterday, and we had a lot of fun. $24 was hard to muster at first, but was well worth the experience, and left me wanting more.

We had the prison. Apparently they change up the puzzles and whatnot every so often, so my prison experience might be different from somebody who went in the months previous.
I highly recommend challenging yourselves if you haven't gone yet!

Prison spoilers for those who would like to know about our experience-
Spoiler!
FN-2199 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:17 PM   #99
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Anyone here do the Asylum at Freeing Canada? Got stuck on the bed number and the math problem... any help? PM Thanks
RuffleCopterz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 02:46 PM   #100
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,190 Times in 2,411 Posts
bump, just did Xcape's Sherlock room this morning. Quite fun, completed it on the first try with seconds left to spare.

$26 for 45 mins of entertainment is steep though, but with a 50% groupon it is more worth it.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote