REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 01-23-2014, 04:17 AM   #26
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,399 Times in 396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuro Ray View Post
Long live the 400
Try telling that to CX
Advertisement
v_tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:28 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Disick View Post
Btw, has anyone flown on AC's new 773 with the new biz class and premium economy? The 3 config 773 has almost 400 eco seats because they added a extra seat in the middle aisle so it's now 3-4-3 compared to the 3-3-3.

Pod style business class seats, supposedly the seats are uncomfortable, controls suck and lack privacy from what I've read over on flyertalk.

Spoiler!
Wow, what a day and night difference in personal space between odd and even rows.

Quote:
Spoiler!
Reminds me of these from the 90s:
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Y...0/DSC_2129.JPG

Sorry, but those are "premium" EY?! Looks like any other Y seat with extra legroom. But comparing to how cramped it is now with 10 across, I guess it's quite a "premium" already.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:02 AM   #28
G
Banned (BBM)

I flew on the 773 (77W) 2 cabin...

I actually flew going out on a 763 where it had a 2-3-2 in Economy. If you ever flown on this, the 2-3-2 seating is pretty much the exact same as the premium economy seating on the 773 in terms of leg room etc. Just the touch screen monitor was different.

TBH, I would not pay to upgrade from Economy to Premium as it is not THAT big of a difference..

After seeing those pics, I want to attempt to get onto a 3 cabin business lol, dat single even row config

Last edited by G; 01-23-2014 at 07:08 AM.
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:07 AM   #29
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,402 Times in 552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
I flew on the 773 (77W) 2 cabin...

I actually flew going out on a 763 where it had a 2-3-2 in Economy. If you ever flown on this, the 2-3-2 seating is pretty much the exact same as the premium economy seating on the 773 in terms of leg room etc. Just the touch screen monitor was different.

TBH, I would not pay to upgrade from Economy to Premium as it is not THAT big of a difference..

After seeing those pics, I want to attempt to get onto a 3 cabin business lol, dat single even row config
ONLY if you get into the single row will it be nice though. Imagine paying that kind of coin and getting stuck in the rows with a nice stranger next to you.

Atleast they're going to be doing the 787's right with what looks to be a Cirrus-type product a la CX.

Last edited by Teriyaki; 01-23-2014 at 09:24 AM.
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:42 PM   #30
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v_tec View Post
Try telling that to CX
Pppppppplease buy 8i
Posted via RS Mobile
CP.AR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:53 AM   #31
private modder

Thanked 2,652 Times in 741 Posts
JAL's 787 arrived this morning.

Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:48 PM   #32
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

I'll probably be riding that next month...so i hope
Posted via RS Mobile
JesseBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:19 PM   #33
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
I wonder if overall fatigue is actually reduced on long haul flights on the 787 vs other planes or if it's a selling gimmick by Boeing.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:55 PM   #34

Quote:
I wonder if overall fatigue is actually reduced on long haul flights on the 787 vs other planes or if it's a selling gimmick by Boeing.
Haven't tried yet myself. But there's been numerous talks about it on Flyertalk, where the air is noticeably a lot more different from being inside other jets.

Old 02-04-2014, 06:15 AM   #35
G
Banned (BBM)

Speaking of which, are those changing moody lights on the new Air Canada flights supposed to do something?
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:29 AM   #36
My homepage has been set to RS

^ suppose to help with jet lag... adjust to arrival city time zone
tool001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:34 PM   #37
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,346 Times in 5,651 Posts
on the same note, almost my whole life i've had a fascination with planes. Flown quite extensively, watched countless documentries on aviation, war planes, comercial aircraft, crash shows such as mayday etc.

call mine more of a morbid fascination but most of my interest stems in just how unremarkably reliable aircraft are in general. I have a very good understanding in mechanics, engines, etc. and even a bit of electronics/avionics and it still amazes me

on that note i'm curious have any of you guys been on any truely terrible flights? IE. mech failure etc?

I have a few friends who's family lived in Africa [pointe noir specifically] and it essentially took 26 hours of flying to reach a 2 hour jeep ride to get where they lived, each of them flew the route numerous times with the last plane being essentially a foot race to pack the plane until there was no more room and take off. Call if ignorance etc. but outside of one time where my friend did not think the plane would clear the trees, he said they always felt safe lol
Old 02-05-2014, 05:42 PM   #38

i always love planes even from a young age...its always a wonder and now grown up, you look at it from a different perspective but still the giddiness is still there...one day after the 787...i'd like to ride in the a380...
Old 02-08-2014, 12:34 AM   #39
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseBlue View Post
i'd like to ride in the a380...
A380, hands down go with Emirates ! best experience by far.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-09-2014, 03:27 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban.boi View Post
A380, hands down go with Emirates ! best experience by far.
+1 but Singapore and even Thai's A380 isn't too shabby but can't beat the showers aboard the Emirates A380. Hopefully Emirates starts flying their A380 into Seattle, otherwise you'll have to catch the A380 from LA or Toronto.

And it sucks that Emirates got blocked from YVR, it would have made a huge impact for the south Asian community because it's the ideal flight for India. 15 hours to Dubai, just over 2 hours to Delhi. It's a bit shorter than Asian flights but some south Asians don't feel comfortable flying via Shanghai or HK because they can't speak english which makes it tough to communicate. You won't have that issue with a flight into Dubai.

Btw, for the guys who fly FSX you need to buy this YVR scenery...it's absolutely stunning.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_cyvr.html
This post thanked by:
Old 02-09-2014, 08:25 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
on the same note, almost my whole life i've had a fascination with planes. Flown quite extensively, watched countless documentries on aviation, war planes, comercial aircraft, crash shows such as mayday etc.

call mine more of a morbid fascination but most of my interest stems in just how unremarkably reliable aircraft are in general. I have a very good understanding in mechanics, engines, etc. and even a bit of electronics/avionics and it still amazes me

on that note i'm curious have any of you guys been on any truely terrible flights? IE. mech failure etc?

I have a few friends who's family lived in Africa [pointe noir specifically] and it essentially took 26 hours of flying to reach a 2 hour jeep ride to get where they lived, each of them flew the route numerous times with the last plane being essentially a foot race to pack the plane until there was no more room and take off. Call if ignorance etc. but outside of one time where my friend did not think the plane would clear the trees, he said they always felt safe lol
There's so much redundancy in the systems it's ridiculous. Also, being so heavily regulated helps as well.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:34 AM   #42
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
I feel safe, but that's my job.

And to the person asking about direct service from Calgary. I believe Air Canada was doing Calgary direct Seoul last summer… Not sure if it's still happening…

Last edited by hud 91gt; 02-09-2014 at 12:37 PM.
hud 91gt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:34 PM   #43
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
+1 but Singapore and even Thai's A380 isn't too shabby but can't beat the showers aboard the Emirates A380. Hopefully Emirates starts flying their A380 into Seattle, otherwise you'll have to catch the A380 from LA or Toronto.

And it sucks that Emirates got blocked from YVR, it would have made a huge impact for the south Asian community because it's the ideal flight for India. 15 hours to Dubai, just over 2 hours to Delhi. It's a bit shorter than Asian flights but some south Asians don't feel comfortable flying via Shanghai or HK because they can't speak english which makes it tough to communicate. You won't have that issue with a flight into Dubai.
Well hopefully we'll see the A380 from BA flying in to YVR.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:45 PM   #44

I enjoyed watching this 747-8 national geographic last night
Posted via RS Mobile
JesseBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:21 AM   #45
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

What is the Oldest plane that everyone has flown in?

Ive sponsored this plane, and last year i got to fly in this plane for 5 minutes.. it was an amazing expierience
Street Car --> 15.45 | Vega --> 11.65
seekerbeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:09 AM   #46
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
^I probably know the guy who flew you

Probably a Cessna 152 or a Navajo.
Old 02-15-2014, 04:39 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerbeta View Post
What is the Oldest plane that everyone has flown in?

Ive sponsored this plane, and last year i got to fly in this plane for 5 minutes.. it was an amazing expierience
Cap-10
Old 03-02-2014, 12:27 AM   #48

First AC 787 painted!

Old 03-02-2014, 04:42 AM   #49

While Air Canada does that...
I'm still waiting for this to happen...
Old 03-02-2014, 07:17 PM   #50
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseBlue View Post
i always love planes even from a young age...its always a wonder and now grown up, you look at it from a different perspective but still the giddiness is still there...one day after the 787...i'd like to ride in the a380...

I could say the same about myself. Spent my whole life fascinated by aircrafts and in particular from Boeing and Airbus. I'm engineer oriented and am interested in all aspects of aircraft engineering, operations, flight operations, airline/manufacturer politics, and much more.

I'm glad there's a forum on aviation so I could contribute a little. I've been silent in Airliners.net | Airplanes - Aviation - Aircraft- Aircraft Photos & News forum for over a decade!
no_mercy is offline   Reply With Quote