REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #51
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
Same shit. Different pile.

Advertisement

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-28-2013, 06:06 PM   #52
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Same shit. Different pile.

multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:11 AM   #53
RS controls my life!

I've lived here for like 3-4 years now and It's very rare that I feel unsafe. Maybe some of you folks haven't been to a real ghetto. Spent most of my youth living near downtown regina, aka the 3rd worst neighborhood in canada, after the two other shitty neighborhoods near downtown regina. Anywhere in vancouver can't even compare for violence. For a city of this size, it's incredibly safe. Shit, I was walking home drunk as shit last night through east hastings, playing with my phone and my ipod. Not a single fuck was given anywhere while people shot up on the corner i was on. In fact, besides petty crimes like my bike getting jacked or my car getting rummaged through, i haven't been jumped in this city. I was jumped like 3 times back in regina when i was a god damn kid. Here, i have yet to feel that threat.

but ya, the skytrain can get pretty greasy. But they have a tight ass budget.
Everymans is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-29-2013, 12:35 AM   #54
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everymans View Post
I've lived here for like 3-4 years now and It's very rare that I feel unsafe. Maybe some of you folks haven't been to a real ghetto. Spent most of my youth living near downtown regina, aka the 3rd worst neighborhood in canada, after the two other shitty neighborhoods near downtown regina. Anywhere in vancouver can't even compare for violence. For a city of this size, it's incredibly safe. Shit, I was walking home drunk as shit last night through east hastings, playing with my phone and my ipod. Not a single fuck was given anywhere while people shot up on the corner i was on. In fact, besides petty crimes like my bike getting jacked or my car getting rummaged through, i haven't been jumped in this city. I was jumped like 3 times back in regina when i was a god damn kid. Here, i have yet to feel that threat.

but ya, the skytrain can get pretty greasy. But they have a tight ass budget.
This is so true, I mean the skytrain is pretty dirty, but I think the system as a whole is still incredibly safe. I mean when I rode the train I rarely felt in any sort of state that I even had to worry about someone on the train, and I used to ride late trains and into some of the worst stations on the line.

Also yes, vancouver doesn't truly have a "ghetto". There is of course a poor neighborhood, and yes it has a huge drug proliferation and all those symptoms. But you will not go to the bronx, or compton and see a bentley parked on the street, or a maserati rolling around non-nonchalant. The truth is that even the worst areas of Vancouver are still incredibly safe and well policed.

This is all relative of course, I mean I am by no means saying these areas are perfect, but comparatively, we are doing a pretty good job here in Van.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-29-2013, 09:41 AM   #55
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodamaster View Post
A violent offender's worst nightmare is an armed civilian, arming the public produces paranoia within the criminal circle, you never know if the person you are thinking of going after will be able to turn the tables on you. That paranoia is what slows down the rate at which violent crimes are committed.

Would you mug someone who might be carrying a loaded handgun, or a combat knife? You wouldn't if you knew for sure, you would be scared to find out if you didn't. Look at all the cases where a thief tries to rob a store, only to have his weapon turned against him, he either begs for mercy or runs for his life.
Bull.

Next you'll be saying that the possibility of being executed (death penalty) is a "violent offender's worst nightmare". The death penalty has sure driven murder rates to an all-time low. Oh wait, it hasn't.

Criminals don't take into account the consequences of their actions when they're committing crimes. Putting guns into regular people's hands won't change the attitude of a criminal one bit.

The last thing I want is the Skytrain or streets full of people carrying guns who aren't trained in how to react to a life threatening situation. Just because you've been to the range and are a great shot has no bearing on how you'll react in the real world.
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-29-2013, 09:47 AM   #56
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

once i was on the sktrain expo line im not sure. was so gross and the ppl.... the canada line on the other hand is much better. but i still wouldnt ride either.
Gululu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-29-2013, 02:20 PM   #57
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangonay View Post
Bull.

Next you'll be saying that the possibility of being executed (death penalty) is a "violent offender's worst nightmare". The death penalty has sure driven murder rates to an all-time low. Oh wait, it hasn't.

Criminals don't take into account the consequences of their actions when they're committing crimes. Putting guns into regular people's hands won't change the attitude of a criminal one bit.

The last thing I want is the Skytrain or streets full of people carrying guns who aren't trained in how to react to a life threatening situation. Just because you've been to the range and are a great shot has no bearing on how you'll react in the real world.

The two are very different, you're right in assuming that some criminals lack the capacity to know the consequences of their actions. The death penalty and the right to carry for self defense are not the same. Even though criminals are generally dumb, they still know that the death penalty can only be issued after they are found guilty of a crime, whereas facing a man with a gun could be an instant death sentence, lacking a judge or jury.

Criminals in states that allow the death penalty know that the justice system can be influenced by a variety of circumstances and decisions. In a system where any licensed individual could issue the death penalty at will, I would expect the least intelligent criminal to show some sort of restraint.

It's surprising to me that you would assume that the government would simply allow anyone to carry a gun (or that I believe they should). While I do believe in the right to self defense, I would still expect it to be reliant on whether a man or woman could pass a government run training course when the means to defense is a firearm.

At the end of the day, whether it prevents crime or not, I'd rather have the ability to carry something that would better enable me to defend myself. That's not to say that I would carry a knife, gun, or baton with me every day of my life, but I would like the choice to be present.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 02:28 PM   #58
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
What the fuck do you expect OP….your on the sky train not the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express. Your paying 2.75 if you don't like it take a cab or limo. Pay more, Get more.
donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-29-2013, 02:40 PM   #59
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfGang View Post
What the fuck do you expect OP….your on the sky train not the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express. Your paying 2.75 if you don't like it take a cab or limo. Pay more, Get more.

Bwahahaha!!!
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-29-2013, 04:09 PM   #60
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,384 Times in 3,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodamaster View Post
Look at all the cases where a thief tries to rob a store, only to have his weapon turned against him, he either begs for mercy or runs for his life.
22 years we have never had an armed robbery at our gas station.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBB6 View Post
you choose to not arm yourself in defense of someone attempting to harm/kill you that's your choice. I choose to protect my life.
I'm armed 24/7. If someone is within 2 to 3 feet of you and they want to hurt you. Having a concealed gun will not help you only hurt you.

Last edited by Manic!; 12-29-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Manic! is offline   Reply With Quote