REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 02:07 PM   #51
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJo View Post
Also, how is it my mistake for buying a $2000 lip kit? I don't buy it for others to damage it.
If you can't figure that out... well, then there is nothing I can do.
Advertisement

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-15-2014, 02:11 PM   #52
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfighter View Post
I know dealerships do a thorough walk-around of the vehicle when it is being signed in (we do) but I have never known one to check underneath the car for damage... had the front of the lip been scratched or cracked I'm sure this would be an entirely different story.
ive seen BMW dealerships run their hands along the bottom of the bumper to feel for scratches, they dont always do it, but ive seen them do it a couple of times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:09 PM   #53
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,063 Times in 308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon View Post
First mistake was buying a $2000 "lip" kit. Seriously... $2000? What were you thinking it's simple ABS plastic. Also, shit happens. It' barely scuffed and no one can see it. Don't be so worried. No one cares you have a lip let alone will notice it's slightly scuffed.

I don't think the dealer should have to replace it or fix it. It's part of owning a car, things get scratched/worn etc. It was bound to eventually happen. Hell, they probably park the same type of car in that spot all the time and low and behold yours has a barely noticeable lip and they make a mistake. Deal with it and move on. It's only a car.

But then again this is RevScene so I'll probably get failed for making a valid and reasonable argument.
what in the fuck? I dont even.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-15-2014, 04:26 PM   #54
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Quote:
I don't think the dealer should have to replace it or fix it. It's part of owning a car, things get scratched/worn etc. It was bound to eventually happen. Hell, they probably park the same type of car in that spot all the time and low and behold yours has a barely noticeable lip and they make a mistake. Deal with it and move on. It's only a car.

But then again this is RevScene so I'll probably get failed for making a valid and reasonable argument.
with that logic, if a dealership curbed your rim, you would be ok with it? rims get curbed, its bound to happen eventually, part of owning a car right?
Old 01-15-2014, 04:28 PM   #55
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
If you can't figure that out... well, then there is nothing I can do.
Still didn't answer the first question. So you think it is okay/fair for a dealer to damage their paying customers' cars and not need to own up to it?

My intent for this post is to make fellow enthusiasts aware about their customer service and public relation etiquette.

A little bit of venting too but hey, I'm only human as well.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:33 PM   #56
RS controls my life!

Not sure if srs but... its the UNDERSIDE of the lip, how did you even notice in the first place... not to mention you're going to scrape the bottom of it and you won't even notice, yes I don't agree that it should have been scratched, but had it been on any other part of the body I would be just as pissed. Seeing as how its on the underside of a lip, I hardly think this deserves a thread
Old 01-15-2014, 04:35 PM   #57
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,063 Times in 308 Posts
not another one..
Old 01-15-2014, 04:36 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurochevy View Post
Not sure if srs but... its the UNDERSIDE of the lip, how did you even notice in the first place... not to mention you're going to scrape the bottom of it and you won't even notice, yes I don't agree that it should have been scratched, but had it been on any other part of the body I would be just as pissed. Seeing as how its on the underside of a lip, I hardly think this deserves a thread
I completely understand that it's on the bottom and no one would ever be able to see it on street leveled pavement; but this is NOT the point of this thread.

Please read my post above.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:41 PM   #59
RS controls my life!

Quote:
I completely understand that it's on the bottom and no one would ever be able to see it on street leveled pavement; but this is NOT the point of this thread.

Please read my post above.
Yes your point is bad service blah blah blah, its my reason why I don't go to a dealer ever. But if I accidentally scratched the bottom of someones lip that little I wouldn't think anything of it either. Blown out of proportion
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-15-2014, 04:43 PM   #60

Quote:
Yes your point is bad service blah blah blah, its my reason why I don't go to a dealer ever. But if I accidentally scratched the bottom of someones lip that little I wouldn't think anything of it either. Blown out of proportion
I had to take her in for warranty purposes. Anyways, nice to know that you don't care about others' property.

Damages; small or big, damage is still damage, and if you damage it, you better confess.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:51 PM   #61
RS controls my life!

Quote:
I had to take her in for warranty purposes. Anyways, nice to know that you don't care about others' property.

Damages; small or big, damage is still damage, and if you damage it, you better confess.
You should shoot all the crows / pigeons and seagulls next time they take a shit on your car too for ruining the clear coat / wax .. make them "confess" first though
Old 01-15-2014, 04:54 PM   #62

Quote:
You should shoot all the crows / pigeons and seagulls next time they take a shit on your car too for ruining the clear coat / wax .. make them "confess" first though
There is no reasoning with you; and your statement makes no sense, you are comparing human beings from a corporate company to wild animals...

I'm done talking to you.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:54 PM   #63
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:

Go out with a bunch of hardcore off-roaders sometime and you'll get a new perspective on giving a fuck about a few little scrapes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
This post thanked by:
Old 01-15-2014, 04:59 PM   #64
RS controls my life!

Quote:
There is no reasoning with you; and your statement makes no sense, you are comparing human beings from a corporate company to wild animals...

I'm done talking to you.
No man, I swear, all those birds are in some sort of collective agreement with each other that when you wash your car they go after it immediately. Notice under car half inch scrapes but not correlation between clean cars and collective birds (at this point im trolling)
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-15-2014, 05:07 PM   #65
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
First mistake was buying a $2000 "lip" kit. Seriously... $2000? What were you thinking it's simple ABS plastic. Also, shit happens. It' barely scuffed and no one can see it. Don't be so worried. No one cares you have a lip let alone will notice it's slightly scuffed.

I agree with u to a certain point, however its his own money and he can spend it on which ever way he wants as long as he worked hard for it. It doesnt matter if its just "simple ABS plastic" but as long as it makes him happy, its fine. Having that said, its a brand new lip and having someone else scratch it really sucks and in addition, having a non apologetic service manager really makes it worse.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-15-2014, 05:17 PM   #66
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
Wait wait wait you paid 2000 for a lip or a lip kit?
Old 01-15-2014, 05:19 PM   #67

Something similar happened to me a few years back but instead of denying the damages, the dealership admitted fault and resolved the problem appropriately.

http://www.revscene.net/forums/67132...ealership.html

Last edited by i-vtecyo; 01-15-2014 at 05:36 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:21 PM   #68
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,114 Times in 482 Posts
lip kit
Old 01-15-2014, 05:24 PM   #69
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
$2000 lip kit?
Spoiler!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-15-2014, 05:31 PM   #70

^ im sure when someone damages something of your property, and then DENIES it, u'll be furious as well.
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-15-2014, 06:39 PM   #71
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

hmmm......... let me think this one through.
i'd be furious for sure.
I would have went up to them like u did. Pissed off and demanded some sort of compensation for the damage/scratch being that it was $2000.
Whether they choose to replace or repair it, i'd be happy.

They said no to causing the damage. Youre SOL.
I'd go home, smoke some weed and call it a day.
When summer rolls around, i would just take the lip off and repaint it. Or just repaint the bottom portion if you want.

Heck, this is what i do now once a year from snow and driveway bottom outs.
Take it off, sand it, put a couple coats of black on, and just move on with life.

It aint a Ferrari that they scratched. Plus, its UNDERNEATH!

I understand its shitty. But it happened and they likely wont do anything about it.
Not much u can really do aside from what i posted above and move on. Or keep complaining until this thread hits 1000000000000+ pages.

Listen to me, smoke some weed and move on. Enjoy the car for what it is. Dont fuss over a light scuff underneath the car. Just like door dings, shit happens. Car enthusiast gets pissed when we see one on our car, but theres likely nothing u can really do.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-15-2014, 09:03 PM   #72
Rs has made me the man i am today!

You should try sending the Service Manager a follow up email with the dated pictures and video clip. It's understandable why they denied responsibility without these supporting evidence as scratches like these are very common. Be nice about it on the email so it'll make their decision easier to fix it for you. Good luck.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:48 PM   #73

im with you op! fuck the haters, you own your shit, you should damage your own shit.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-15-2014, 09:56 PM   #74
Banned By Establishment

OP sounds like a child, "Subaru scratched my $2000 lip" Don't you think that you could haven't scratched it by accident knew about the scratch and hoped that the dealer didn't noticed either. And now that the dealer serviced your car, you automatically find the scratch and your going to cry foul.

Sounds like a set up to have the dealer pay for your "$2000" lip kit.
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-15-2014, 10:26 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by duc_evo_sp View Post
OP sounds like a child, "Subaru scratched my $2000 lip" Don't you think that you could haven't scratched it by accident knew about the scratch and hoped that the dealer didn't noticed either. And now that the dealer serviced your car, you automatically find the scratch and your going to cry foul.

Sounds like a set up to have the dealer pay for your "$2000" lip kit.
are you stupid? Did you read or look at the photos and video? it has already been said on the original post that it WASNT scratched in the morning when he took photos of the underside lip. also the lip was the only part that was damaged not the WHOLE lip kit so therefore they would only replace the front lip, however that isnt really what the op expected. The point is they denied it, said it was over seas parts and no apology was given. ffs, its ironic cause it feels like im talking to the child.

Last edited by i-vtecyo; 01-15-2014 at 10:41 PM.
This post thanked by:
Closed Thread