REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 02:36 PM   #101
I don't get it

Chill yo! I'll buy everyone a round of beer! Just chill!
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
This post thanked by:
Old 01-16-2014, 02:37 PM   #102
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,793 Times in 1,761 Posts
Pacific Mazda put a whole bunch of scratches on my Mazda, under my hood when they replaced the hood gasket. It looked like the monkey just used a flat-head screwdriver to pry out the gasket-clips, and he wasn't very successful.

They also overfilled my oil by amost a full litre. (first service)

Damn right I was mad, and I had every right to be. Especially how when I brought it up to the service manager he kinda just brushed it off, gave the tech a "why I oughta!" to the tech.

At that point I realized it wasn't worth my time with those jackasses.
Solution? Never letting them touching my car again and telling everyone I knew about the shitty experience. Among all the other scratches & shit the car has gotten since it's a daily driver, I don't even notice it any more.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
This post thanked by:
Old 01-16-2014, 04:11 PM   #103
My homepage has been set to RS

LOL @ this thread.

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:00 PM   #104
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,802 Times in 3,898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon View Post
First mistake was buying a $2000 "lip" kit. Seriously... $2000? What were you thinking it's simple ABS plastic. Also, shit happens. It' barely scuffed and no one can see it. Don't be so worried. No one cares you have a lip let alone will notice it's slightly scuffed.

I don't think the dealer should have to replace it or fix it. It's part of owning a car, things get scratched/worn etc. It was bound to eventually happen. Hell, they probably park the same type of car in that spot all the time and low and behold yours has a barely noticeable lip and they make a mistake. Deal with it and move on. It's only a car.
i love it when internet users tell others how to spend their hard-earned money

i don't think it's so much the dollar value or the fact that it's non-visible/on the underside of a car..it's about the principal and customer service. The least they could've done was to just OFFER just about anything to try and right a wrong no matter how big the issue is. Now Don Doc's got a 5 page stinker thread on a local car forum. Think about how easy this could've been avoided.

"it's only a <insert inanimate object or a pet>" can apply to anything you care deeply about.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:35 AM   #105
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Considering the lot boys that drive peoples car around the lot I'm not surprised. Anytime I go in for service I put a post-it note on the rear view mirror telling them not to wash it, because apparently just telling them isn't enough.

When you're dealing with idiots you have to treat them accordingly.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 01-17-2014, 09:03 PM   #106
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Does OP have reason to be frustrated? Definitely.
OP is ocd about his car? Yes, but so am I, and so are many other folks here.
Would this be easier to accept if he had caused the damage himself? Probably.
Will OP forget about the damage in a few weeks? Likely.
Should the dealership have at least acknowledged that they caused the damage? Of course, and a simple "sorry" goes a long way.

I am surprised that on a site for 'car enthusiasts' so many are quick to dismiss OPs frustration. His car that he worked hard for and invests time/energy into was damaged, by whatever degree, by someone that a) doesn't give a shit about other people's property and b) won't even admit their fault. If we (revscene) love cars but still have a "screw it, it's going to happen eventually" attitude then it's no wonder that I can't take my car to a dealership and get a simple service, by a tech with less passion than ours, without some issue arising.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:27 PM   #107
2-Wheelin' Mod

It was like somebody above had mentioned, it wasn't the situation but rather his tone and his approach.

Let's re-imagine the OPs first post :

Hey guys, hoping to get some advice here.

I had my car in for servicing recently and unfortunately during the process I have reason to believe the service tech or one of the lots boys managed to scrape the underside of my front lip (as you can see in the picture that I have attached).

I'm not so much worried about the initial price of the lip/installation but rather the service manager's quick dismissal of the situation. Fortunately, the damage is on the underside of the lip so it isn't visible but to me the principle remains that the dealer should at least acknowledge some fault.

What are your thoughts? Perhaps I should write a letter to the General Manager of the dealership or contact Subaru Canada? I know it doesn't seem like an epically damaging scenerio but I obviously worked hard to pay for the lip/installation and would have liked the dealership to have owned some of the responsibility for the damage (even if it isn't visible unless you are under the car).

Thanks in advance everybody.

Had the OP posted THAT!!!!!!! I guarantee there wouldn't be five pages of combative posts, flaming and general fighting. It was the OP's tone that annoyed some readers and his tone and attitude overshadowed what was actually a reasonable dispute against his dealer. Based on his post here I can only imagine how he approached the service manager.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-17-2014, 09:40 PM   #108

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfighter View Post
Had the OP posted THAT!!!!!!! I guarantee there wouldn't be five pages of combative posts, flaming and general fighting. It was the OP's tone that annoyed some readers and his tone and attitude overshadowed what was actually a reasonable dispute against his dealer. Based on his post here I can only imagine how he approached the service manager.
Because Revscene.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2014, 12:09 AM   #109
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfighter View Post
It was like somebody above had mentioned, it wasn't the situation but rather his tone and his approach.

Let's re-imagine the OPs first post :

Hey guys, hoping to get some advice here.

I had my car in for servicing recently and unfortunately during the process I have reason to believe the service tech or one of the lots boys managed to scrape the underside of my front lip (as you can see in the picture that I have attached).

I'm not so much worried about the initial price of the lip/installation but rather the service manager's quick dismissal of the situation. Fortunately, the damage is on the underside of the lip so it isn't visible but to me the principle remains that the dealer should at least acknowledge some fault.

What are your thoughts? Perhaps I should write a letter to the General Manager of the dealership or contact Subaru Canada? I know it doesn't seem like an epically damaging scenerio but I obviously worked hard to pay for the lip/installation and would have liked the dealership to have owned some of the responsibility for the damage (even if it isn't visible unless you are under the car).

Thanks in advance everybody.

You know, I have to agree with you on that. It was pretty obvious that my frustration got the better of me while i was typing out this thread. BUT, even after mentioning my real intentions of the thread numerous times people were still being ignorant. #BecauseRevscene

And on that note, DD and I sorted it all out. Have a safe weekend everybody.
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by DaJo; 01-18-2014 at 12:14 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2014, 03:09 AM   #110
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
Old 01-18-2014, 06:57 AM   #111
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
trends:

- bitch on rs, get ppl on your side, forward link to dealership as leverage to get everything (realistic or not) on your want list.

new trend:
- bitch on rs, try to get ppl on your side, ppl realize some facts arent adding up. OP gets called out and public shamed, OP blames RS...

intitlement generation....

coles note:

- try to gain credibility and severity of the situation by adding a price tag to the item.
- original intent backfires as public sees value of product does not equate cost paid for product.

so... deductive reasoning.
OP has never had to use RS for more than say... viewing threads, and buy n sell hence low post count + long time join date. decides to create leverage by "informing" dealership with an "internet bad experience", as seeing several threads of past have succeeded in outcomes working positively to the OP's side. Public opinion does not work in favor for OP. OP blames RS out of fustration.

Moral of the story, people arent stupid.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2014, 07:08 AM   #112

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Old 01-18-2014, 07:12 AM   #113
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

OP's car is lowered

i doubt the OP will jack up his car daily to inspect any possibly damage under the vehicle. or even a full hoist to properly inspect all damage under vehicle.

OP's car is lowered. you better believe that wont be the last time you scratch your front lip.

Id be embarassed to tell ppl i spent 2g's on a lip kit for an STI. that front lip better come with 2 ho's in bikini's and fur coats standing by the lip at all times to make sure i dont scratch the thing. (cue bumpin background music)

telling ppl you spent 2g's on engine mods... believable.

telling ppl you spent 2g's on a paint job... believable.

telling ppl you spent 2g's on a lip kit... ehhh... ok somewhat believable since he did say STI, assuming its the factory abs plastic one, probably comes pre painted as well. but id still lean over to take a 2nd look to mentally justify the 2g's.

loving cars, and realizing it is a damn car that you modified and things are going to squeak, rattle, and scratch are 2 damn things. IM OCD, but at least i know that by driving my car, scratches happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrophobia View Post
Does OP have reason to be frustrated? Definitely.
OP is ocd about his car? Yes, but so am I, and so are many other folks here.
Would this be easier to accept if he had caused the damage himself? Probably.
Will OP forget about the damage in a few weeks? Likely.
Should the dealership have at least acknowledged that they caused the damage? Of course, and a simple "sorry" goes a long way.

I am surprised that on a site for 'car enthusiasts' so many are quick to dismiss OPs frustration. His car that he worked hard for and invests time/energy into was damaged, by whatever degree, by someone that a) doesn't give a shit about other people's property and b) won't even admit their fault. If we (revscene) love cars but still have a "screw it, it's going to happen eventually" attitude then it's no wonder that I can't take my car to a dealership and get a simple service, by a tech with less passion than ours, without some issue arising.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-18-2014, 07:15 AM   #114
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post

"quick billybob, help me with the still so i can get my moonshine goin!"

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 01-18-2014, 07:32 AM   #115
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
I actually could follow this logic. I'm not going to read 5 pages, I think this gives me all I need to know here.

Quote:
trends:

- bitch on rs, get ppl on your side, forward link to dealership as leverage to get everything (realistic or not) on your want list.

new trend:
- bitch on rs, try to get ppl on your side, ppl realize some facts arent adding up. OP gets called out and public shamed, OP blames RS...

intitlement generation....

coles note:

- try to gain credibility and severity of the situation by adding a price tag to the item.
- original intent backfires as public sees value of product does not equate cost paid for product.

OP has never had to use RS for more than say... viewing threads, and buy n sell hence low post count + long time join date. decides to create leverage by "informing" dealership with an "internet bad experience", as seeing several threads of past have succeeded in outcomes working positively to the OP's side. Public opinion does not work in favor for OP. OP blames RS out of fustration.

This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2014, 07:51 AM   #116
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
OP's car is lowered

i doubt the OP will jack up his car daily to inspect any possibly damage under the vehicle. or even a full hoist to properly inspect all damage under vehicle.

OP's car is lowered. you better believe that wont be the last time you scratch your front lip.

Id be embarassed to tell ppl i spent 2g's on a lip kit for an STI. that front lip better come with 2 ho's in bikini's and fur coats standing by the lip at all times to make sure i dont scratch the thing. (cue bumpin background music)

telling ppl you spent 2g's on engine mods... believable.

telling ppl you spent 2g's on a paint job... believable.

telling ppl you spent 2g's on a lip kit... ehhh... ok somewhat believable since he did say STI, assuming its the factory abs plastic one, probably comes pre painted as well. but id still lean over to take a 2nd look to mentally justify the 2g's.

loving cars, and realizing it is a damn car that you modified and things are going to squeak, rattle, and scratch are 2 damn things. IM OCD, but at least i know that by driving my car, scratches happen.
With all due to respect, my car is not lowered.

Like I said, telling the people the price tag of the lip kit was probably not the smartest thing I did.

As for blaming RS, well... Don't take it personal because I'm not the one who initiates the insults. I tried my best reasoning and explaining myself why I was here.

Am I using this site as leverage? Not really, I posted this here to warn people of what happened in my personal experience. I did not use this website to persuade the dealer into doing anything.

I had my video and image links I sent to them instead.

Last edited by DaJo; 01-18-2014 at 08:00 AM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-18-2014, 10:41 AM   #117
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 2,532 Times in 446 Posts
its just a lip, get over it you pussy
you have vagina breath
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-18-2014, 11:22 AM   #118

Quote:
but at least i know that by driving my car, scratches happen.
Again, some scratches would be less aggravating if YOU were driving your car and they were caused by YOU. Instead someone else had the car for a only a short amount of time, while collecting your money at ~$100/hr, and won't even admit to what they did.

If it was my car I surely wouldn't demand a new lip or monetary compensation, but I would expect a simple apology.

On Thursday I loaned a calculator to one of my students and didn't it back. When I asked him about it the next day, he was immediately defensive and said he gave it back, implying that I had lost it. I really could care less about the calculator...just admit to losing it, take some responsibility, and we both walk away satisfied.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:43 AM   #119
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
I forgot about this thread, but I just got back from Don Docksteader and test drove a 2014 WRX. Great service. (And I don't mean the service department neither.)

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 01-18-2014, 11:48 AM   #120
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:

pretty much a summary of the "regulars" of RS do not welcome and treat new members or members who dont post frequently differently in a negative way?
Old 01-18-2014, 12:11 PM   #121
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
The OP wasn't using RS as leverage against the dealership. He even admit his emotions got the better of him by posting the cost of the lip which drove this thread to a completely different direction than what his intents were. His intentions were to let us know Don Docksteader damaged his lip and did not act professionally to apologize in any way. As per video, they damaged the lip and left the OP with a big "FU" at the end of his service without a professional acknowledgement they messed up his vehicle.

Of course things will get damaged at some point down the road, we all know and even the OP knows. He was simply trying to let us know to not let dealerships like that push us around like what happened to the OP.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2014, 02:24 PM   #122

Lol @ SG! Talking out his ass like he actually knows op car.

Op car is not lowered in any way. Just has lip kit on it.

Making assumptions is easy right.

Op even said he didnt care about damage more of how he was treated.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-18-2014, 02:46 PM   #123
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
To be fair OP only appologized after we called him out on his BS, so had we not done that he may very well have tried to use this as leverage against the dealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i-vtecyo View Post
pretty much a summary of the "regulars" of RS do not welcome and treat new members or members who dont post frequently differently in a negative way?
If they only come on here to use us to try and gain compensation from another party by turning us against them, then its fair that we will view them negatively.

Everyone defending the OP saying, it wasn't his intentions to do this or that. It may very well have been his intentions, we only forced him to change his outlook on the scenario by pointing out to him how ridiculous some of this actually was. He claims he only wants an apology, but I guarantee that if we had all said oh thats lame they should fix that, he would not have sat back if he had received his apology and he would have furthur blackmailed the dealership into giving him more.

This is my perception of what could have happened and may very well have happened.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
Old 01-18-2014, 03:47 PM   #124
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

you are absolutely right, i do not know the OP nor his car. i didnt know that was a requirement to post in this thread. then it can be argued back that the op didnt give an accurate or enough info on vehicle thus i have no choice but to talk out of my ass. i however do know trends and i happen to see them all the time, especially on this site. OP signed up back in 2007, with less posts than is required to post in the buy n sell.

I do know that i drive a lowered car. I do know that i have a lip kit. I do know that scratches happen with a lip kit or not. I have scratches on my 4runner, from everyday driving.

What makes me curious is how can you see the scratches which are under the lip without lifting up the car? but i dont know OP nor his car. i am speculating.

Always blame the dealership. bitch enough and anything can be achieved.

If OP didnt care, why start the thread? "to warn others" or "for the better of the community"

heard them all...

Scratch the lip, sucks, but that comes with the territory of modding a car. It may be OEM kit, but its still modding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jay View Post
Lol @ SG! Talking out his ass like he actually knows op car.

Op car is not lowered in any way. Just has lip kit on it.

Making assumptions is easy right.

Op even said he didnt care about damage more of how he was treated.
Posted via RS Mobile

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 01-18-2014, 03:48 PM   #125
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

you aint a new member if you registered back in 07.

and when one of your first ever active posts is to "warn others" but turns sour... then as any member would, i would question the intent and added information to the "community"

Quote:
Originally Posted by i-vtecyo View Post

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Closed Thread