REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-29-2014, 01:05 PM   #76
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria View Post
Magical shopping cart
Posted via RS Mobile
Pictures with CF wing on please.
Advertisement
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:38 PM   #77
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
Good thing about ME is that there is no restocking fee..

15% if its open Lawl
Old 03-29-2014, 02:01 PM   #78
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

NCIX SUCKS! The only thing going for it is the selection.
Anjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 02:29 PM   #79
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
It's like anything, you deal with enough volume and customers are going to have a bad experience once in a while

Also I'm sure some of the people who bitch about the price matching policy are trying so hard so either save very little, or they are just crying about being unrealistic in their expectations
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2014, 04:57 PM   #80
I am Hook'd on RS

deleted

Last edited by Aria; 01-18-2019 at 02:00 PM.
Aria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 04:57 PM   #81
I am Hook'd on RS

deleted

Last edited by Aria; 01-18-2019 at 02:00 PM.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:00 PM   #82
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I've never had a bad xp at NCIX. YMMV
meowjinboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 05:02 PM   #83
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,817 Times in 3,901 Posts
i've had many PMs approved at FS/BB and ME over the years that were 'below cost'..because their fineprint are clear cut and not ambiguous.
Obviously I can understand why they're denied, and some products don't have huge margins, but they often counter with something measely like a 5% discount.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 05:24 PM   #84
I subscribe to Revscene

I once drove from downtown to the Aberdeen location for a hard drive they had in stock and on sale... by the time I got there, the price had changed... I asked to see the manager and they just offered me another brand HD but still at a cheap price.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:31 PM   #85
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Although I haven't had "bad service" at NCIX, it has never been particularly good either.

ME, however, has been excellent in terms of customer service and they'll PM just about anything.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 12:09 AM   #86
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
Have you made rants on the NCIX forums?
I find it helps when you stir up complaints there, as I think staff or mods roam around the forums. Maybe it can help speed up the process.

As for my experience, I have been shopping at NCIX for almost a decade now.
No real problems, but at the same time, I never dealt with RMA before.

MemoryExpress's staff seem more eager to help when you ask.
And their PriceMatch is their policy, with no questions asked.
While NCIX can be more anal about it, or they'll look at the PM, and then maybe give you a midway deal and tell you "this is the best we can offer."

I don't hold any loyalties, so I just go wherever I can find my product the cheapest.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:11 AM   #87
I am Hook'd on RS

Remember guys by entering Aberdeen mall you are officially intruding their space. Sometimes they even look at you wondering who told you about their secret mall.
Posted via RS Mobile
cooke24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:05 AM   #88
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Never had a bad experience at NCIX, but the dudes at ME are way nicer.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 02:21 PM   #89
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Customer service has kind of been a hit or miss at both NCIX and ME, though I generally do agree that Memory Express has better customer service - There was a time or two where a ME Sales gave me the worst attitude and provided such a disgusting lack of knowledge.

NCIX Aberdeen is such a hassle to park at. Had a hit & run there once and it's just awful the amount of help the mall was able to provide, but that's off topic.
Taxmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 02:28 PM   #90
dL
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

What's NCIX? Oh that website I use to check if I can use them for uber price beat.

dL
Old 03-30-2014, 03:35 PM   #91
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Haha ^

So last night i dropped by NCIX and spoke with the manager. He agreed on the full refund and apologized without any hesitation. At that moment i realized that Yu Li's attitude was the problem. Everything went much smoother on his day off. So to summarize my experience with Aberdeen NCIX, i am disappointed that Yu Li provided me false information, showed lack of customer care and refused to connect me with the manager after many requests.
i-vtecyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 04:27 PM   #92
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by i-vtecyo View Post
Haha ^

So last night i dropped by NCIX and spoke with the manager. He agreed on the full refund and apologized without any hesitation. At that moment i realized that Yu Li's attitude was the problem. Everything went much smoother on his day off. So to summarize my experience with Aberdeen NCIX, i am disappointed that Yu Li provided me false information, showed lack of customer care and refused to connect me with the manager after many requests.
the tradition Chinese way to do business.
they make money from you then you can
aalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 04:43 PM   #93
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
In the grand scheme of things, I'm not sure how race or culture has anything to do with it.

The guy was a fucking retard and didn't know when to back down and stop waving his massive 24" cock. All he could have done was tell the OP, "Hey, listen. I screwed up and I'm sorry.. Let me make it up to you. I'll speak to my manager and work something out with you."

Plain and simple.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2014, 04:49 PM   #94
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatogunk View Post
from the sounds of it, it looks like you've dealt with someone at their corporate office. i personally haven't been buying at their retail location since a friend works at corporate and gets me stuff at near cost prices
Nope, I deal with the Aberdeen store. I dealt with Kenneth Cheung for my latest computer build and he was very helpful.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:41 PM   #95
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Disick View Post
Nope, I deal with the Aberdeen store. I dealt with Kenneth Cheung for my latest computer build and he was very helpful.
dealth with him too, honest and super nice / cool guy.

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:56 PM   #96
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
NCIX i remember going to the richmond location to check out stuff before they open aberdeen

back it could be nice as my family would have dim sum there on the weekends (so i just walk across), use to be ok but after they open to aberdeen things just started to go downhill

met a korean guy that works at ME when they just open in richmond, ask him a few questions (he was nice), & then BAM on boxing day told my dad to check out ME for laptops (since the one at BB was got)

stand in line waiting, but once we walked in it was nice, non-crowded & my dad picked up a acer laptop from them & we didnt we have to wait in line to pay, he even told us if u want to get a cheap mouse we should just go to the store beside the dollar store (thats good CS)

i go to ME now if i need to pick up anything rather then going to NCIX (unless its for selection), PLUS espot is just behind lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:58 PM   #97
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,907 Times in 3,870 Posts
I've never been to the brick and mortars but I order from NCIX online all the time, mainly because their shipping is always much faster than it's supposed to be. 2-5 day ends up being next day almost every time.

ME shipping is slow as fuck, to the point where I could bike to Van, busk for the money to buy the parts, then personally buy it from the shop and bike back home to the Okanagan before it's even left them. Newegg is just retarded (OOS in Canada, in stock in the US, yet most of their .ca stuff ships from the states?) and TigerDirect customer service policy when it comes to DOA is apparently to bullshit you until it's outside of their timeframe then tell you that you have to go direct to the mfr.

TL;DR: NCIX is fast, ME is slow as fuck, Newegg is weird and TigerDirect are shitheads.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2014, 11:52 PM   #98
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
With Memory Express's price beat, and, IMO, better customer service, I've seldom had a reason to go back to NCIX. Occasionally they stock a product that ME doesn't, but that isn't very often for me.
This.

I'll take the extra couple bucks off, smaller lineups and NOT HAVING TO PARK AT ABERDEEN any day.

But honestly, I do most of my shopping on Amazon now except for the small stuff. The best service is not having to deal with people at all.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:01 AM   #99
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Standard return policy for most companies is 30 days. Issues after that point is usually up to the customer to deal with the manufacturer directly.

One of the things I hate most about my time working in retail is when a customer would come in six months after buying something and complain that it stopped working, and then genuinely expect us to return it and replace it with whatever new version is out at the time.
I used to work retail.

When that would happen, I just turn their receipt over and point to the 14-day return policy. Whatever they'd say, I'd just tell them to read the back of their receipt.

It's that simple. They can yell and complain all they want but all they'd get is me with an asshole smirk on my face and a finger on the 14-day return policy. If I felt nice, grab the warranty card out of the box and point to the appropriate phone number or site address as well.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:16 AM   #100
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by i-vtecyo View Post
Haha ^

They should let me fire that guy.

Then again, it would have been more fun to fire that irresponsible HR guy that creeped on female employees and then deleted the gChat logs. Whoops, I seem to have said too much. /s