REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:00 PM   #51
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

7% on Urbanspoon and still plummeting. It's over lol.
Advertisement
db2 #51 - garage queen/summer daily
golf mk3 - 2016 winter beater [sold]
ae92 - 2017 spring beater
Cillu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-06-2014, 02:09 PM   #52
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Disick View Post
This business got destroyed over a few bucks, ouch. Some old school business owners have no clue how powerful social media has become. It can either make you or break you.
His business didn't get destroyed. His reputation on a couple web pages that most of their customers probably don't even visit was destroyed. People who dine at this restaurant and have had good service/food aren't likely to stop going because of a couple whiners online (not calling the OP a whiner). I doubt this will have any effect on his business at all, except for a slight drop in business for a few days while this is "news".

I said the same thing in the thread a couple months back about the car dealer that crashed the Camaro. They're still in business and doing great despite a ridiculous amount of bad publicity. I'm sure many here remember that story, but until I brought it up did you ever think about them at all? Probably not. This will blow over in no time.
Posted via RS Mobile
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-06-2014, 02:10 PM   #53
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
6% approval on Urbanspoon. Giardino is going down!

OP, get Ms. Steele on your side. Get CTV to put this dive in the news.

Put some heat on this pizzeria.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:12 PM   #54
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cillu View Post
7% on Urbanspoon and still plummeting. It's over lol.
If people actually paid attention to online reviews, that is. Nobody trusts those sites because of the huge number of fake reviews (good and bad). I only try new places based on recommendations from people I know or reviews in local media (for example, The Province or the Golden Plate Awards or even RS).
Posted via RS Mobile
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-06-2014, 02:20 PM   #55
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
The power of social media
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:20 PM   #56
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
they getting shit on everywhere.

https://www.facebook.com/giardino.pizza.panini.salad

Giardino Pizzeria - Central Lonsdale - North Vancouver, BC | Yelp

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:32 PM   #57
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Lol @ the province or any print media for "honest" reviews.

The bottom line is negativity surrounding any business especially a restaurant is never good and stuff like online reviews and posts like this one float around the internet forever.

And I do google restaurants and read reviews before heading out, yes you should take some of the reviews with a grain of salt but most reviews and ranks are pretty accurate.
Harvey Specter is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-06-2014, 02:33 PM   #58
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
I'll go there next time I'm in North Van and give ya'll a review
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-06-2014, 02:42 PM   #59
First to fail !SG evar! Now i have yellow fever...

Thanked 2,431 Times in 475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
I'll go there next time I'm in North Van and give ya'll a review
I'll join you! Pizza's actually look pretty good
Redlines_Daily is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-06-2014, 02:43 PM   #60
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,644 Times in 2,300 Posts
Urbanspoon is at 7% now. holy shit Ive never seen such a low number on Urbanspoon lol
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:49 PM   #61
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Social media frenzy is just modern day witch hunt. Pay $2000 and get a million likes or make a mistake and in the gutter you go. People don't give you chance for redemption and automatically arrives at the worst-case scenario.
Carl Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:55 PM   #62
MOD

so, rs meet at Giardino Pizzeria?

Quote:

This post thanked by:
Old 04-06-2014, 02:56 PM   #63
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Johnson View Post
Social media frenzy is just modern day witch hunt. Pay $2000 and get a million likes or make a mistake and in the gutter you go. People don't give you chance for redemption and automatically arrives at the worst-case scenario.
This. We don't know both sides of the story, and keyboard warriors are of course jumping to conclusions and making completely biased judgments without bothering to consider the other side.

This reminds me of last week's Mozilla fiasco, where half the interwebs were pushing for the CEO to resign because he had anti-gay views. As if his personal beliefs - i.e, beliefs that he himself had and did not push on any of his employees/company policies - had any impact on how he ran the company. Basically, this guy's life and future career prospects, regardless of his actual intelligence or corporate skill, was completely ruined by a bunch of losers with nothing to do except promote "free" and "equal" views... that is, of course, only if your views align with theirs. Absolutely disgusting.
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-06-2014, 03:09 PM   #64
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
RS meet.. and all pay with

Last edited by FerrariEnzo; 04-06-2014 at 03:16 PM.
FerrariEnzo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-06-2014, 03:18 PM   #65
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts

Ignoring the 1% tax increase (since that isn't what the issue was here), this is one aspect of social media that I absolutely abhor. The actions of one -- or, apparently two -- employees doesn't represent a company as a whole. And those actions don't necessarily correlate to an owner/management system that should be completely held responsible. You can interview and hire employees that appear to be the best prospects for the job, yet six months down the road they may find themselves needing money and attempt to swindle the owner or customers. It doesn't mean the owner is at fault here. It also doesn't mean that faceless keyboard warriors have the right to post fake reviews and otherwise attempt to bring down a business solely because of a single employee's actions. There's always going to be a bad apple or two at any store or restaurant; it doesn't mean the owner's lively hood should suffer for it.

And, no... I don't have any association with either party involved.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 03:19 PM   #66
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARANOiA-R34 View Post
This. We don't know both sides of the story, and keyboard warriors are of course jumping to conclusions and making completely biased judgments without bothering to consider the other side.

This reminds me of last week's Mozilla fiasco, where half the interwebs were pushing for the CEO to resign because he had anti-gay views. As if his personal beliefs - i.e, beliefs that he himself had and did not push on any of his employees/company policies - had any impact on how he ran the company. Basically, this guy's life and future career prospects, regardless of his actual intelligence or corporate skill, was completely ruined by a bunch of losers with nothing to do except promote "free" and "equal" views... that is, of course, only if your views align with theirs. Absolutely disgusting.
Not to go off topic here, but the Mozilla thing is not just disgusting but totally reckless. It sets a very dangerous precedent for corporate America. It's funny how economists think we humans are rational decision makers. As individual maybe, but in a group I don't believe so.
Carl Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-06-2014, 03:27 PM   #67
Head Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Johnson View Post
Not to go off topic here, but the Mozilla thing is not just disgusting but totally reckless. It sets a very dangerous precedent for corporate America. It's funny how economists think we humans are rational decision makers. As individual maybe, but in a group I don't believe so.
It's like religion in the government. I don't care if you're Christian, Muslim, Atheist, or whatever; so long as you keep your personal opinions and beliefs outside of work, and you happen to be an excellent [insert position here], you should be allowed to stay in that position. If you start trying to push your own agenda upon your employees, then we should be able to start looking at replacing you. Otherwise, no.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-06-2014, 03:36 PM   #68
MOD

looks like a job for Restaurant Stakeout : Food Network

Quote:

Old 04-06-2014, 03:38 PM   #69
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Two sides of each story... yet they(ownership) haven't come out and said anything to discredit the story. If the truth was being bent, the person being "framed", in this cause the restaurant should/would quickly respond and give their side of the story IMHO, but the damage has been done anyways

off fb (Jeff)
Quote:
The guy knew exactly what he was doing, he intentionally did not give me back the proper change and then the manager was standing right there and she saw everything and joined him in laughing at me knowing full well there was nothing i could do about it, Jeremy you are right there is always 2 sides but i am not misconstruing the truth here in any way, i even left out some stuff that would've condemned them. I don't want these people harassed or threatened, that is not right. But this guy did know what had happened with the change at the till right in front of his face, you would have to be pretty daft to think otherwise

immediately Jeremy I have a billfold wallet that just holds the bills it was open in front of his face on the till counter as i was putting it in i noticed it was only 2 5s, my wallet did not even close and said to him right there i didnt walk away i didnt go anywhere and when i asked him if he had security cameras after he denied me proper change he laughed and said no

I am a he and the manager is the owners daughter. The guy was either a brother or boyfriend it seemed. They were well organized with each other on this and it does not matter what the people look like, these 2 made a decision to follow thru with shortchanging me $30 and they made a mistake as humans do, but they knew full well they were doing it, now it seems there are repercussions to their actions, I think they thought they had me completely defeated, I just do not understand why they would try to do this to a patron of their restaurant. What I wrote is as close to the truth as it gets, I did not want to put anything un-thruthful or slanderous towards these people. Also I would like to ask everyone to please NOT harass or threaten these people, nobody deserves that over $30.

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 03:54 PM   #70
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,357 Times in 3,446 Posts
This is so stupid ruining someones life work over one FB post or one bad employee. I called the place but no one is picking up and the mail box is full. I wold like the FB poster to post on here and answer a few questions. I'm working right now but does anyone want to call the North Van police and ask if there were there?
Old 04-06-2014, 03:58 PM   #71
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlines_Daily View Post
I personally hate this form of social media justice when it isn't clear what the whole story is. Perhaps it was just a couple late night employees like another member mentioned, perhaps the owner isn't even aware yet..maybe the owner has a family to feed and people are destroying his only source of income, or perhaps the story is true and the owner is a scammer..who knows. Either way, I don't get why people find it funny to leave hateful msgs on their fb and are so eager to destroy a business.
Right and after reading all the comments of FB or the reviews on UB the owner decided to do nothing and let it get worse.

If you were the owner and it was just a bad eomployee would you try to let everyone know? I would for sure.

The owner have time to correct this but seeing how he or she isn't doing anything I have a feeling this is true and it was the owner or relatives that did this.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 04:08 PM   #72
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post

Ignoring the 1% tax increase (since that isn't what the issue was here), this is one aspect of social media that I absolutely abhor. The actions of one -- or, apparently two -- employees doesn't represent a company as a whole. And those actions don't necessarily correlate to an owner/management system that should be completely held responsible. You can interview and hire employees that appear to be the best prospects for the job, yet six months down the road they may find themselves needing money and attempt to swindle the owner or customers. It doesn't mean the owner is at fault here. It also doesn't mean that faceless keyboard warriors have the right to post fake reviews and otherwise attempt to bring down a business solely because of a single employee's actions. There's always going to be a bad apple or two at any store or restaurant; it doesn't mean the owner's lively hood should suffer for it.

And, no... I don't have any association with either party involved.
What would you do as the owner if it is just one or two bad empolyee? Wouldn't you post on your FB to explain the whole story (your side of the story) and take the right action ie fire the eomplyee in question.

Instead we have no heard anything from the owner or his side of the story. Wouldn't he try to do some damage control to his business if the story is not true?
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 04:15 PM   #73
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Instead we have no heard anything from the owner or his side of the story. Wouldn't he try to do some damage control to his business if the story is not true?
Good feeling they'll just get further bashed on if they did. Lol.
Xu.Vi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 04:16 PM   #74
Head Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
What would you do as the owner if it is just one or two bad empolyee? Wouldn't you post on your FB to explain the whole story (your side of the story) and take the right action ie fire the eomplyee in question.

The owner may not be aware of the situation or may not even run their own FB page. It could fall under the responsibility of someone else within the company (perhaps the alleged owner's manager-daughter who was also involved?).

Just saying that not everything is easily dealt with.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-06-2014, 05:07 PM   #75
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,260 Times in 321 Posts

I hope they're looking into hiring the best PR company they can right about now.
asahai69 is offline   Reply With Quote