REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-06-2014, 10:03 AM   #26
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Down to 12% ratings on UrbanSpoon

Word about this story is spreading fast, people from the east coast are already aware
Advertisement
PandaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:19 AM   #27
First to fail !SG evar! Now i have yellow fever...

Thanked 2,431 Times in 475 Posts
I personally hate this form of social media justice when it isn't clear what the whole story is. Perhaps it was just a couple late night employees like another member mentioned, perhaps the owner isn't even aware yet..maybe the owner has a family to feed and people are destroying his only source of income, or perhaps the story is true and the owner is a scammer..who knows. Either way, I don't get why people find it funny to leave hateful msgs on their fb and are so eager to destroy a business.
Redlines_Daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:26 AM   #28
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,260 Times in 321 Posts
If i was this business. Id be more worried about charging customers the 6% tax rather than a few bad reviews on urbanspoon
asahai69 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-06-2014, 10:32 AM   #29
The RS Anchorman

The owners should send in the mystery diners to investigate the situation.
Posted via RS Mobile
wahyinghung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:42 AM   #30
nma
#RVG

The owner is responsible for managing his business. When the employees, especially management, provide a bad service, it's partly the owner's fault for hiring douche bags. If he wasn't aware of this, then he probably isn't the best owner either. While I agree that the guy should have probably contacted the owner before destroying his business, I can't completely blame him. I would be outraged after such an experience, and would probably not even bother talking with the owner.
nma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-06-2014, 10:45 AM   #31

I'll be more worried about the CRA with the extra tax they charge...
tax fraud is not a light thing, with 6% tax you cant use the HST reversal as an excuse.

Seems to me the owners weren't honest either
noclue is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-06-2014, 10:46 AM   #32
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlines_Daily View Post
I personally hate this form of social media justice when it isn't clear what the whole story is. Perhaps it was just a couple late night employees like another member mentioned, perhaps the owner isn't even aware yet..maybe the owner has a family to feed and people are destroying his only source of income, or perhaps the story is true and the owner is a scammer..who knows. Either way, I don't get why people find it funny to leave hateful msgs on their fb and are so eager to destroy a business.

People love a witch hunt and when now you can't rate someone's shit down and feel good that you "hurt a bad guy" EVERYONE loves to dogpile on.
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-06-2014, 10:48 AM   #33
nma
#RVG

Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
People love a witch hunt and when now you can't rate someone's shit down and feel good that you "hurt a bad guy" EVERYONE loves to dogpile on.

Yeah that's the only thing that bothers me. We didn't hear both sides of the story. However, regardless of what the story is, the business should ALWAYS return the customer's change.
nma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-06-2014, 11:33 AM   #34
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,386 Times in 547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nma View Post
Yeah that's the only thing that bothers me. We didn't hear both sides of the story. However, regardless of what the story is, the business should ALWAYS return the customer's change.
But we didn't hear the other side of the story as stated, you we've concluded that the appropriate change was NOT returned.
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:43 AM   #35
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
8%

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:45 AM   #36
I don't get it

Looking forward to hear the owners side of the story before making judgement.
dvst8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-06-2014, 11:47 AM   #37
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
It's hard to corroborate the story on whether or not he was given the proper change. But, there is no logical reason for this guy to go through all the fuss...unless he was a former employee or disgruntled over a past altercation.
Take it for what it's worth but the guy is a friend of mine and is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet; And no, he doesn't, or has never have worked there.

To the OP, this showed up on my FB newsfeed as well but didn't think about posting it here
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:50 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Take it for what it's worth but the guy is a friend of mine and is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet; And no, he doesn't, or has never have worked there.

To the OP, this showed up on my FB newsfeed as well but didn't think about posting it here
Kinda surprised he didn't take more pictures to support his story.
I.E// the Cops attending nor the 2 goofballs that ripped him off.

& I agree, he should have taken this to the Manager first...let him fire the employees and make it up. Social justice gets out of hands these days. A recent example can be that false identified Boston Bomber during Reddit. That kid off'ed himself, not a result but it helped.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:00 PM   #39
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subordinate View Post
Kinda surprised he didn't take more pictures to support his story.
I.E// the Cops attending nor the 2 goofballs that ripped him off.

& I agree, he should have taken this to the Manager first...let him fire the employees and make it up. Social justice gets out of hands these days. A recent example can be that false identified Boston Bomber during Reddit. That kid off'ed himself, not a result but it helped.

I don't even think he's looking for that much. I just read his story on my newsfeed and I don't think the guy is looking for his money back, nor to get those employees fired.

However, it was legitimate sales experience and I think he just wanted to share it; and if you can avoid the same douchebaggery, he'd consider that enough.

If anyone is wondering about the relationship, I went to school with this guy and hung out with him a time or two. We're not close but he truly is one of the nicest people I know and respect a lot. Again, this is just FWIW since I don't have the best reputation around here for it to carry any weight to some.

edit:

Knowing this guy personally, I can 100% vouch that this guy is not angry because he lost $30, but moreso about being stolen from.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:28 PM   #40
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
lol it's funny how no one was there to witness the events, and all just jump on the side of the customer in this "he said she said" situation. I wasn't there and there probably is no way to ever find out the actual facts of the incident, but it's funny how everyone just jumped on the side of the "victim". However, it is interesting how the owner or rep of the FB page has yet to come out with a response.

Also, 10pm on a Friday night... was the customer intoxicated or under the influence or something?
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:42 PM   #41
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
I would contact the owner and explain the situation.. if he still refuses to listen... just call back later with a fake number/payphone and order a bunch of takeout pizza to an emtpy warehouse...
Old 04-06-2014, 12:59 PM   #42
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
was the customer intoxicated or under the influence or something?

Doesn't matter.

With the internet, one person can snowball something into a business-destroying campaign pretty easily.

The internet is full of losers.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-06-2014, 01:15 PM   #43

One of the biggest things about restaurants and small businesses that handle lots of cash is that employees tend to steal. If the owner knew what he was doing and implemented controls (Cash register, float, security camera) it'll be easy to identify who is right and fire the employee if true to fix his reputation.

But as the owner charges an extra 1% "tax" I don't think he/she cares too much..
noclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 01:18 PM   #44
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
Don't catch a feeling for this restaurant,Fuck them up their silly asses and i want to see the owner sell the place now...

Old 04-06-2014, 01:25 PM   #45
kwy

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
social media has made it so much easier for people to be vicious. I dont feel like we've heard the entire story. funny how people on their keyboards can destroy a real, physical establishment from the safety of their homes.
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-06-2014, 01:26 PM   #46
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwy View Post
social media has made it so much easier for people to be vicious. I dont feel like we've heard the entire story. funny how people on their keyboards can destroy a real, physical establishment from the safety of their homes.

The internet has taught me that the world is jam-packed with fucking losers who exist to troll and destroy

Spend a few days reading Reddit comments and you will agree!
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-06-2014, 01:31 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwy View Post
Yes, i'm quite interested to hear their explanation for charging extra tax.
van_city23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 01:43 PM   #48
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Jeff Heffe L
2 hours ago · Edited
The RCMP just called me and told me that the restaurant has contacted them and that people are harassing them and want the posts removed, I told them there is nothing I can do about the posts.

But what I want to do is ask everyone to please stop threatening these people and to not harass them. That is not the avenue I wanted to take in the first place nor is it the one I wanted to end with.
Those who said this is being taken way out of hand has hit the nail on the head. Without hearing both side of the story, people are being rash and things are starting to get out of hand.

However, instead of contacting the "victim" in question over FB, all that the Pizza place has done so far is delete comments off their FB page (negative comments coming in faster than they can delete, and can't delete reviews). Either way if the story is truly what the victim claims to be or not, they have no idea how to handle the situation and their reputation continues to slip into the drain.
turbos86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 01:52 PM   #49
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
This is like Amy's Baking Company all over again
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-06-2014, 01:54 PM   #50
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
This business got destroyed over a few bucks, ouch. Some old school business owners have no clue how powerful social media has become. It can either make you or break you.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote