REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Driver posts selfie, Facebook update before dying in head-on collision (https://www.revscene.net/forums/694785-driver-posts-selfie-facebook-update-before-dying-head-collision.html)

Soundy 04-28-2014 09:11 AM

Driver posts selfie, Facebook update before dying in head-on collision

Driver posts selfie, Facebook update before dying in head-on collision - National | Globalnews.ca

http://i.imgur.com/8Ge94.png

westopher 04-28-2014 09:28 AM

32 years old...... Get the fuck off your facebook while driving. I am so stunned at how many people I see on a daily basis "hiding" their phone and texting away while the do the 100 eye dart per minute, and even more stunned at how many of them are in their 30s and 40s. Glad she didn't kill anyone else.

meme405 04-28-2014 09:39 AM

If only the police had handed out more tickets for people texting at redlights this wouldn't have happened...:ohgodwhy:

Infiniti 04-28-2014 09:51 AM

darwin award nominee

AeroK 04-28-2014 09:57 AM

lol

123654123 04-28-2014 09:57 AM

gene pool cleansed

GabAlmighty 04-28-2014 10:34 AM

Not enough practice

hchang 04-28-2014 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meme405 (Post 8462755)
If only the police had handed out more tickets for people texting at redlights this wouldn't have happened...:ohgodwhy:

Yeah cause cops can be at every single red light around the world

I don't understand how people can complain at everything.

Even if there was more enforcement everybody would get their panties up in a knot asking why the cops aren't out dealing with the bigger crimes
Posted via RS Mobile

Stealthy 04-28-2014 11:07 AM

Wonder if it still makes her happy
Posted via RS Mobile

fsy82 04-28-2014 11:24 AM

Is it just me or people don't have the mental capacity to operate a vehicle now a days when doing something else as well. I remember before this Law came into fruition there weren't many cases in regards to people being in accidents or dying because of the phone usage.

123654123 04-28-2014 11:28 AM

http://www.blogcdn.com/slideshows/im...man-slap-1.jpg

godwin 04-28-2014 11:30 AM

Reminds me of yesterday's American Dad

Soundy 04-28-2014 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fsy82 (Post 8462805)
Is it just me or people don't have the mental capacity to operate a vehicle now a days when doing something else as well. I remember before this Law came into fruition there weren't many cases in regards to people being in accidents or dying because of the phone usage.

You realize there was a time, not too long ago, that not everyone had mobile phones, let along smart phones that put the Internet with its million distractions in the palm of your hand?

The law wasn't created out of vapour, it was created BECAUSE of human stupidity.

fsy82 04-28-2014 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundy (Post 8462810)
You realize there was a time, not too long ago, that not everyone had mobile phones, let along smart phones that put the Internet with its million distractions in the palm of your hand?

The law wasn't created out of vapour, it was created BECAUSE of human stupidity.

But c'mon checking a text is nothing compared to doing a selfie while driving..lol

freakshow 04-28-2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fsy82 (Post 8462805)
I remember before this Law came into fruition there weren't many cases in regards to people being in accidents or dying because of the phone usage.

In the past, a) less people had phones, and those phones did much less, and b) authorities might not have known to or been able to check their last cellphone activity to attribute it to the cause of the crash

PinkMuffin 04-28-2014 12:10 PM

at-least she died happy!

meme405 04-28-2014 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hchang (Post 8462787)
Yeah cause cops can be at every single red light around the world

I don't understand how people can complain at everything.

Even if there was more enforcement everybody would get their panties up in a knot asking why the cops aren't out dealing with the bigger crimes
Posted via RS Mobile

No your just an idiot and missed the irony in my post.

I am making fun of the stupid cops who sit at intersections and ticket hundreds of people glancing at their phone at a red light when they should be ticketing drivers who are actually driving and texting, or in this case taking selfies.

Sorry but my car is not going to spontaneously explode because I am texting while stopped at a red light. The worst that can happen is if your too retarded to multi task you might hold someone up for a second cause you didn't see the light change and that person gives you a honk and maybe gives you the finger. No harm done.

If anything police are making the problem worse because people will stop checking their phones at red lights and they will do it while driving because there is no way for a cop to catch them.

snails 04-28-2014 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meme405 (Post 8462831)

I am making fun of the stupid cops who sit at intersections and ticket hundreds of people glancing at their phone at a red light when they should be ticketing drivers who are actually driving and texting, or in this case taking selfies.

Sorry but my car is not going to spontaneously explode because I am texting while stopped at a red light. The worst that can happen is if your too retarded to multi task you might hold someone up for a second cause you didn't see the light change and that person gives you a honk and maybe gives you the finger. No harm done.

If anything police are making the problem worse because people will stop checking their phones at red lights and they will do it while driving because there is no way for a cop to catch them.

i actually watched a girl roll into the car ahead cuz she didnt realize her foot wasnt hard enough on the brakes while texting..

but i do agree that the red light texters are not the danger on the road.

kwy 04-28-2014 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meme405 (Post 8462831)

Stopped reading at this point.

kkthind 04-28-2014 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by godwin (Post 8462809)

Lol rubbernecking :lawl:
Posted via RS Mobile

HondaGuy 04-28-2014 12:49 PM

Just 15 mins ago as I am driving into oakridge, some white woman decides to cross the street while staring down into her phone. 4 cars in front of me made it before she actually crossed...
I was the 5th... I literally was cleared to go but had to stop cause shes aimlessly looking down at phone...

Ppl...
Posted via RS Mobile

meme405 04-28-2014 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwy (Post 8462841)
Stopped reading at this point.

Sorry, while at work I generally write quickly and may miss some grammar items, but frankly its not that hard to understand what I meant. If you can read and understand half the other garbage others write on here, I'm sure you can figure out what I meant above.

GLOW 04-28-2014 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HondaGuy (Post 8462846)
I literally was cleared to go but had to stop cause shes aimlessly looking down at phone...

Ppl...
Posted via RS Mobile

wouldn't have mattered. if she were to look up i'm sure she'd give you the coldest and meanest stare down for daring to even drive near her and not even break stride

GS8 04-28-2014 01:34 PM

I'm not surprised it was a woman.

Most of the post spammers on my FB feed are women. They always post something about something or some random photo of themselves in some random ass location as if normal people are supposed to give a fuck?

Oh, you're in an elevator? WOW!

And these people are over the age of 30 as well. People who grew up in a time where we didn't have this shit so what kind of brain malfunction do you have that you need to adopt dangerous behaviour like this?

Oh well. People drown in the shallow end of the gene pool all the time.

twitchyzero 04-28-2014 02:04 PM

that's an ironic status update if I ever saw one