REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Hit & Run, need help finding a car. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/695044-hit-run-need-help-finding-car.html)

ImFlying 05-06-2014 01:39 PM

Hit & Run, need help finding a car.

My friend was hit over the weekend by a 2008ish gold/bronze mustang while he was skating boarding home. The guy hit him and just floored it right off, didnt leave any info or said sorry. He left my friend with a super swollen knee and bruised calf. This happened around 1st and Renfew. If anyone has information or seen this car please let me know. His wife yelled out his first name, Ronald. Police claim has been filed, still waiting for his license plate to file an ICBC claim.

Marco911 05-07-2014 12:05 AM

Was the Mustang driving on the sidewalk? If he wasn't, it's a valuable lesson to your friend that skateboarding is a dangerous activity on public roads.

zulutango 05-07-2014 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco911 (Post 8467785)
Was the Mustang driving on the sidewalk? If he wasn't, it's a valuable lesson to your friend that skateboarding is a dangerous activity on public roads.

I agree with this part of what you said. I also agree that many skateboarders display a complete lack of traffic sense and responsibility while using roads designed for vehicles.....however, the Mustang driver is required by law to stop, render what assistance he can, identify himself and report the incident. That is unacceptable.

ImFlying 05-07-2014 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco911 (Post 8467785)

Vancouver laws states that bicycles and skateboards are suppose to be on the road if there isn't a line. How is skateboarding on the road anymore dangerous than bicycling? He was just on his way home from the bus stop, serves him right to get by a car? I don't get your logic. Maybe you should pull away from your mental bandwagon of skateboarding is bad and actually focus on the main point of identifying a hit and run.

320icar 05-07-2014 01:35 PM

Do you think there was any damage done to the mustang?

Tone Loc 05-07-2014 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImFlying (Post 8467975)
Vancouver laws states that bicycles and skateboards are suppose to be on the road if there isn't a line. How is skateboarding on the road anymore dangerous than bicycling? He was just on his way home from the bus stop, serves him right to get by a car? I don't get your logic. Maybe you should pull away from your mental bandwagon of skateboarding is bad and actually focus on the main point of identifying a hit and run.

Nobody is saying the Mustang driver wasn't being a douche by leaving an injured person lying on the side of the road, and nobody is saying that serious charges should not be filed if this person is caught.

That being said, skateboarding is much more dangerous than cycling and even walking because there is no brake - IMO, this alone is enough reason for me to believe they do not belong on the road. It's a good reminder for people to leave skateboarding to emptier side streets and skate parks, not on busy roads that see large amounts of traffic.

YamFries 05-07-2014 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PARANOiA-R34 (Post 8468075)
Nobody is saying the Mustang driver wasn't being a douche by leaving an injured person lying on the side of the road, and nobody is saying that serious charges should not be filed if this person is caught.

That being said, skateboarding is much more dangerous than cycling and even walking because there is no brake - IMO, this alone is enough reason for me to believe they do not belong on the road. It's a good reminder for people to leave skateboarding to emptier side streets and skate parks, not on busy roads that see large amounts of traffic.

It really annoys me when people say you cant stop on a skateboard. Fact is skateboards can stop just as fast as a bike. Skateboards aren't just used for skateparks, they're a mode of transportation just like bikes, scooters and roller blades. Should we say bikes should only be used at bike parks?

meme405 05-07-2014 09:09 PM

Without regard to anything else in this thread, or the actions of the driver (which were obviously completely out of line), or any of that.

This:

Quote:

Originally Posted by YamFries (Post 8468263)
It really annoys me when people say you cant stop on a skateboard. Fact is skateboards can stop just as fast as a bike.

Is complete and utter bullshit.

I am willing to come to your neighborhood and show you how even on a slight incline at a moderate 20km/h pace how I on my mountain bike can come to a controlled stop and how you on your skateboard simply cannot.

Go read this thread:

http://www.revscene.net/forums/69444...-pd-video.html

And you can apply every single one of the topics discussed to a regular skateboard as well, i'd argue probably even to a greater degree given that regular skateboards are most definitely not built for speed.

Also before you think we are singling out skateboarders, I am 100% positive if we started seeing a sudden influx of grown ass men riding scooters down hills or rollerblading through the streets those would become part of the same discussion we are having here. In an emergency situation those are just as uncontrollable as a skateboard.

meme405 05-07-2014 09:16 PM

Also my feelings when you say skateboarding is a mode of transportation:

:lawl::lawl:

SoNaRWaVe 05-07-2014 11:20 PM

Quote:

It really annoys me when people say you cant stop on a skateboard. Fact is skateboards can stop just as fast as a bike.

You have got to be kidding me right? What braking mechanism do skateboards have? What braking mechanism do bikes have? Which has braking mechanism has higher friction, hence stopping power?

It doesn't matter the incline, the bike will always stop faster and with a shorter stopping distance required.

Or even simpler yet, you stop a skateboard with one feet, where as a bike has 4 pads to stop 2 wheels. 4>1.

SpeedStars 05-07-2014 11:26 PM

https://s3.amazonaws.com/usm-studio/..._x2_medium.jpg:pokerface:

Marco911 05-08-2014 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulutango (Post 8467832)
I agree with this part of what you said. I also agree that many skateboarders display a complete lack of traffic sense and responsibility while using roads designed for vehicles.....however, the Mustang driver is required by law to stop, render what assistance he can, identify himself and report the incident. That is unacceptable.

I agree that it would be the right thing to do. However, without knowing what happened, it's impossible to say if the driver was even aware that the skateboarder was injured.

If the skateboarder filed a claim with the police and ICBC he is clearly looking for compensation for his injuries. Skateboarders are clearly lacking a sense of personal responsibility for the risk they decide to take when riding on roads that are not meant for them.

Marco911 05-08-2014 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImFlying (Post 8467975)

Skateboards have tiny little wheels and have less control than a bike and may have a large speed differential with vehicles on the road. They should be banned from public streets and only allowed in designated skateboard areas.

Marco911 05-08-2014 01:40 AM

Quote:

It really annoys me when people say you cant stop on a skateboard. Fact is skateboards can stop just as fast as a bike. Skateboards aren't just used for skateparks, they're a mode of transportation just like bikes, scooters and roller blades. Should we say bikes should only be used at bike parks?

For the last time, skateboards are nowhere as safe or controllable as bikes.

zulutango 05-08-2014 05:01 AM

[QUOTE=Marco911;8468408]I agree that it would be the right thing to do. However, without knowing what happened, it's impossible to say if the driver was even aware that the skateboarder was injured.

If you re-read the OP, that should indicate that the driver was aware.

The guy hit him and just floored it right off, His wife yelled out his first name, Ronald.

320icar 05-08-2014 10:41 AM

What the fuck is going on in this thread?

Zulutango, i don't even know why you bother sometimes with these people...

GLOW 05-08-2014 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PARANOiA-R34 (Post 8468075)
It's a good reminder for people to leave skateboarding to emptier side streets

as long as they are careful and safe. i see guys take up the entire street zig-zagging down a hill and blow through stop signs.

zulutango 05-08-2014 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 320icar (Post 8468537)
What the fuck is going on in this thread?

Zulutango, i don't even know why you bother sometimes with these people...

I don't know why.......maybe I just miss the aggravation or something?:toot:

Hot Karl 05-08-2014 12:57 PM

[quote=zulutango;8468424]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco911 (Post 8468408)
I agree that it would be the right thing to do. However, without knowing what happened, it's impossible to say if the driver was even aware that the skateboarder was injured.

If you re-read the OP, that should indicate that the driver was aware.

The guy hit him and just floored it right off, His wife yelled out his first name, Ronald.

the lady could have just yelled at him because she thought they were really close to the skater.

46_valentinor 05-08-2014 02:29 PM

absolutely no problem stopping quickly on a skateboard. "just use the friction of your dick against the concrete."

:troll:

Inaii 05-08-2014 05:19 PM

That's great that they show how to stop going slow, I want to see how they prove that skateboards can stop just as effectively as a bike on a hill. The nice thing about Poco is there's a skatepark where all the kids go, you hardly ever see them on the streets here.

zulutango 05-08-2014 06:46 PM

[quote=Hot Karl;8468603]
Quote:

Originally Posted by zulutango (Post 8468424)

the lady could have just yelled at him because she thought they were really close to the skater.

There ya go 320 1car! :accepted:

XplicitLuder 05-09-2014 04:46 PM

you guys need some common sense or should i leave ? :troll:

lowside67 05-09-2014 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XplicitLuder (Post 8469242)
you guys need some common sense or should i leave ? :troll:

As long as you aren't bringing any common sense like "skateboards can stop as fast as bikes" to this thread, it should be fine...

XplicitLuder 05-09-2014 05:19 PM

maybe if they crash into a wall it might stop just as fast :troll:

in all seriousness...no, just no