REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-24-2014, 11:54 AM   #26
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
he was on the misc as well ElliotRodger's BodySpace - Bodybuilding.com
Advertisement
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 01:26 PM   #28
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
I would seriously think it's a troll reading that first post.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 01:39 PM   #29
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

so depressing watching every one of his youtube vids. i guess he finaly snapped and took others lives along with his. this all coud have been prevented
Gululu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 02:01 PM   #30
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts

this will probably get taken down again..
wow this guy is crazy

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 02:08 PM   #31
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
his dad doesnt seem to be that successful

Peter Rodger - IMDb

but you'd think he still could have tried to play that card...still had to deal with that over 9000 creep rating though
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 02:22 PM   #32
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gululu View Post
so depressing watching every one of his youtube vids. i guess he finaly snapped and took others lives along with his. this all coud have been prevented
No.

The only way this could've been prevented is if the world (or girls) started worshiping him at his feet. So no, this could not have been prevented. The kid was instilled with a grand sense of entitlement that the real world wouldn't give. Too bad.

I mean, I just found out about this guy half an hour ago and this is already the handful of quotes I got from him (paraphrase):

"I just wanted to be loved. I don't know why you don't give it to me, I'm the perfect guy"

"I don't get why a guy in a honda civic can get a girl like that. I have a BMW."

"Tomorrow, I will be a God to you all"

The kid is a loser through and through. 22 years and he still can't figure out why no girl would touch him. Give any person any of his youtube videos and it'll only take them 30 seconds to figure out why.

A little humility, and a little less drama and this kid, probably would've had a normal social life, and a prospect of a normal love life. So no, there's nothing this world could've done; but there's tons of things he could've done differently if he only started looking at his problems internally rather than externally.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-24-2014, 02:32 PM   #33
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Wow that is some intense delusions of grandeur going on there.
SolidPenguin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 02:44 PM   #34
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
1. basic BMW (328 coupe), check
2. Can't get into University and stuck at Community college ,check.
3. Rich + successful parents, check.

Substitute California with BC, sounds like a stereotypical Richmond kid.

Life is not about richness but how to rise above adversity and failure. That's worth more than all the money and material things parents can give to kids (even useless attention like helicopter parenting).

California Gun Rampage Tied to Video Leaves Seven Dead

By IAN LOVETT and ADAM NAGOURNEYMAY 24, 2014

A black BMW driven by the suspected gunman in a series of drive-by shootings near the University of California, Santa Barbara. Credit Jonathan Alcorn/Reuters
Continue reading the main story Share This Page

ISLA VISTA, Calif. — Seven people were killed, including the gunman, and seven others injured on Friday night after a bloody drive-by shooting on the crowded streets of a small college town near Santa Barbara, as a man the police described as mentally disturbed methodically opened fire in a 10-minute spasm of terror.

The gunman was found dead with a bullet wound to his head after his black BMW crashed into another car. He had exchanged gunfire with deputy sheriffs in Isla Vista, near the University of California, Santa Barbara.

A family lawyer tentatively identified the gunman as Elliot Rodger, the 22-year-old son of a Hollywood director.

The lawyer, Alan Shifman, told reporters gathered outside the home of Mr. Rodger’s father that Mr. Rodger’s parents had called the police about a month ago to express their concerns over his YouTube videos “regarding suicide and the killing of people.” He said that police officers had interviewed Mr. Rodger, but concluded that he posed no danger. The lawyer said they had found him to be a “perfectly polite, kind and wonderful human.”

“We offer our deepest compassion and sympathy to the families involved in this terrible tragedy,” Mr. Shifman said in a statement he delivered on behalf of the Rodger family. “We are experiencing the most inconceivable pain, and our hearts go out to everyone involved.”

Bill Brown, the Santa Barbara County sheriff, did not identify the gunman at a news conference early Saturday but the California license plates on the car involved in the crash — 6ELX898 — matched those in a photo posted on Mr. Rodger’s Facebook page that showed him seated behind the wheel of a black BMW.

“We have obtained and are analyzing written and videotaped evidence that suggests that this atrocity was a premeditated mass murder,” Sheriff Brown said.

On various social media outlets, Mr. Rodger, a student at Santa Barbara City College, described himself as a sexually frustrated and angry virgin about to go on “a mission of retribution” over young women who had rejected him. The video was posted on YouTube, on Mr. Rodger’s Facebook page and on his blog.

“For the last eight years of my life, ever since I hit puberty, I’ve been forced to endure an existence of loneliness, rejection and unfulfilled desires, all because girls have never been attracted to me,” Mr. Rodger said in the video. “In those years I’ve had to rot in loneliness. It’s not fair. You girls have never been attracted to me. I don’t know why you girls have never been attracted to me, but I will punish you for it.”

He then laid out his plans to target women on the campus of the University of California, Santa Barbara.

“On the day of retribution, I am going to enter the hottest sorority house of U.C.S.B., and I will slaughter every single spoiled, stuck-up blond slut I see inside there. All those girls I’ve desired so much,” he said. “I’ll take great pleasure in slaughtering all of you. You will finally see that I am in truth the superior one, the true alpha male.”

Mr. Rodger’s father, Peter Rodger, who lives in Los Angeles, has written screenplays and was the second-unit director on the film “The Hunger Games.”

In response to a question about the video, Sheriff Brown said that investigators were reviewing it, and that it appeared to be related to the shooting. But the sheriff made it clear that he was not identifying Mr. Rodger as the gunman. YouTube later removed the video, saying it violated its content standards.

The video was one of a series, many posted in the previous 24 hours, in which Mr. Rodger presented himself as a lonely and frustrated young man, unable to meet women or find sexual fulfillment.

The six people killed, as well as the gunman, were declared dead at locations scattered across the grid of streets the man traveled — driving slowly as he fired his gun, according to witnesses. Another seven people were hospitalized, including one with life-threatening injuries, the authorities said. Sheriff Brown said there were at least nine crime scenes.

The identities of the victims were not immediately released.

Most of the fatalities appeared to have occurred in front of the IV Deli Mart on Pardall Road, a Friday night gathering spot where the gunman stopped and opened fire. Witnesses said bystanders, confused at first by the pop-pop-pop of gunshots in this idyllic oceanside community, began diving to the ground or running for cover.

Ian Papa, 20, a student at Santa Barbara City College, said he had been walking to get a slice of pizza when he encountered the gunman. He said the car was driven swiftly and wildly through the streets, at one point knocking down two bicyclists and mangling the leg of one of them.

“We saw a BMW driving slowly, and then in seconds it hit the accelerator — it was going 60-plus,” Mr. Papa said Saturday morning. “He hit two bikes. One he barely grazed. The other was plowed down. The biker went through the windshield, and the driver took off.”

Carolina Bowles, 19, a freshman at the University of California, Santa Barbara, said she had been in her apartment complex when she heard a deafening barrage of gunfire.

“We looked out the window, and three girls were running, ducked down, trying to get back down into the store,” she said.

The police said the gunman had acted alone and repeatedly described him as a mentally disturbed person on a premeditated mission of murder.

“It’s obviously the work of a madman,” Sheriff Brown said. “There’s going to be a lot more information that’s going to come out that is going to give indications of how disturbed this individual was.”

The episode began shortly before 9:27 p.m. on Friday, when police received the first 911 calls reporting gunshots. Sheriff Brown said the gunman engaged deputies six minutes later in a brief shootout before speeding off, and then exchanged fire with another deputy. He said it was not clear whether the gunman had been killed by the deputies or had shot himself. A semiautomatic handgun was recovered from the car, the police said.

On Saturday, the area was cordoned off with yellow police tape, and bullet casings could be seen scattered across the streets.

The university is about 10 miles from downtown Santa Barbara and has just over 22,000 students.

Mr. Brown said the police had recovered one gun but did not rule out the possibility that the gunman had used more weapons.
Correction: May 24, 2014

An earlier version of this article misstated one word in the name of the college where Elliot Rodger was a student. It is Santa Barbara City College, not Santa Barbara Community College. ​In addition, a picture caption with this article misstated the name of the college campus near the shooting. As the article correctly notes,​ ​it is the University of California, Santa Barbara — not ​​the University of Santa Barbara.​

Ian Lovett reported from Isla Vista, and Adam Nagourney from Los Angeles. Reporting was contributed by Kimiya Shokoohi from Woodland Hills, Calif., and by Alan Feuer and Jennifer Preston from New York. Susan C. Beachy contributed research.

Last edited by godwin; 05-24-2014 at 03:06 PM.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 02:45 PM   #35
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
According to the dailymail...

Quote:
Elliot Rodger's family contacted police last week out of concern over disturbing videos he posted. Officers interviewed him and found him to be a 'perfectly polite, kind and wonderful human'.

Read more: Elliot Rodger 'kills 7 in drive-by shooting near UC Santa Barbara' | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 02:51 PM   #36

UCSB Shooter Elliot Rodger Posted Racist Messages on ‘Puahate’ Website

Quote:
Most of Elliot Rodger’s final YouTube videos centered on his frustration over an inability to meet girls that found him attractive. The 22-year-old student who allegedly committed a drive-by shooting spree near UC Santa Barbara Friday night that left seven dead including himself, was also apparently a frequent posted on puahate.com, a forum dedicated to exposing phony “pickup artist” techniques.

The Southern Poverty Law Center, which tracks hate groups, discovered Rodger’s postings after the shooting, publishing them on the organization’s HateWatch blog. Rodger’s comments, while centered on the idea of meeting women, had a significantly racist bent.

In a January message titled “Saw a black guy sitting with 4 white girls,” he wrote:

Today I drove through the area near my college and saw some things that were extremely rage-inducing.

I passed by this restaurant and I saw this black guy chilling with 4 hot white girls. He didn’t even look good.

Then later on in the day I was shopping at Trader Joe’s and saw an Indian guy with 2 above average White Girls!!!

What rage-inducing sights did you guys see today? Don’t you just hate seeing these things when you go out? It just makes you want to quit life.

That same month, when an Asian poster asked if wearing certain shoes would help him attract women, Rodger responded:

Shoes won’t help you get white girls. White girls are disgusted by you, silly little Asian.

After the Asian man posted photos of himself posing with a white girl, Rodger wrote:

Full Asian men are disgustingly ugly and white girls would never go for you. You’re just butthurt that you were born as an asian piece of shit, so you lash out by linking these fake pictures. You even admit that you wish you were half white. You’ll never be half-white and you’ll never fulfill your dream of marrying a white woman. I suggest you jump off a bridge.

As SPLC reported, Puahate’s website was taken down early Saturday morning after a message went up that read, “Puahate is about to get a massive amount of press.”
Old 05-24-2014, 02:58 PM   #37
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by riff raff View Post
According to the dailymail...
well in the Misc thread someone talked about his disturbingly creepy videos and he said his parents found em and had him remove them

so...maybe they did call the police

you'd think they would take some serious action after that though like bring him to a psychiatric ward and have them analyze him
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 03:00 PM   #38
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Have to give it to the British press to post the first info of the victims:

Two sorority sisters at UCSB named among victims of shooting rampage carried out by son of Hunger Games assistant director 'because he was a virgin at 22' | Mail Online
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 03:04 PM   #39
iku
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

This is some freaky shit. Some guys on the 6th page actually called it :|
iku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 03:06 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
well in the Misc thread someone talked about his disturbingly creepy videos and he said his parents found em and had him remove them

so...maybe they did call the police

you'd think they would take some serious action after that though like bring him to a psychiatric ward and have them analyze him
This is what he posted on his youtube account so his family definitely tried to get him help but it seem like it was too late.

"I temporarily took all of my Vlog's down due to the alarm it caused with some people in my family. I will post more updates in the future."
Old 05-24-2014, 04:09 PM   #41
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts

From his 100,000 word manifesto:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/225960813/...orld-manifesto
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-24-2014, 04:13 PM   #42
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,243 Times in 574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
Elliot Rodger's Retribution (Alleged Killers Video Threat) - YouTube

this will probably get taken down again..
wow this guy is crazy
That's one creepy laugh..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
No.

The only way this could've been prevented is if the world (or girls) started worshiping him at his feet. So no, this could not have been prevented. The kid was instilled with a grand sense of entitlement that the real world wouldn't give. Too bad.

I mean, I just found out about this guy half an hour ago and this is already the handful of quotes I got from him (paraphrase):

"I just wanted to be loved. I don't know why you don't give it to me, I'm the perfect guy"

"I don't get why a guy in a honda civic can get a girl like that. I have a BMW."

"Tomorrow, I will be a God to you all"

The kid is a loser through and through. 22 years and he still can't figure out why no girl would touch him. Give any person any of his youtube videos and it'll only take them 30 seconds to figure out why.

A little humility, and a little less drama and this kid, probably would've had a normal social life, and a prospect of a normal love life. So no, there's nothing this world could've done; but there's tons of things he could've done differently if he only started looking at his problems internally rather than externally.
QFT!

A post from misc.
Quote:
Never insult the style of Elliot Rodger. I'm the most stylish person in the world. Just look at my profile pic. That's just one of my fabulous outfits. The sweater I'm wearing in the picture is $500 from Neiman Marcus.

Last edited by HonestTea; 05-24-2014 at 04:24 PM.
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 04:17 PM   #43
Banned (ABWS)

Old 05-24-2014, 05:12 PM   #44
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,777 Times in 8,170 Posts
This isn't a case of an awkward kid not being able to get laid. This is a serious mental illness
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-24-2014, 05:47 PM   #45
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Old 05-24-2014, 05:52 PM   #46
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Quote:
This isn't a case of an awkward kid not being able to get laid. This is a serious mental illness
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-24-2014, 06:20 PM   #47
Banned (ABWS)

He was pretty sane, just socially awkward and it turned into a blind rage for everyone cooler than he
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-24-2014, 07:57 PM   #48
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
He was pretty sane, just socially awkward and it turned into a blind rage for everyone cooler than he
I think in his videos(excluding the final retribution 1) he just seemed like a regular loser who wanted to get laid. But if you read his postings on the bodybuilding.com forum, he sounds pretty messed up, saying things like "I'm magnificent, I'm fabulous, How dare you insult me" etc things like that.
lowda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 08:15 PM   #49
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,777 Times in 8,170 Posts
I wonder how many people he would have killed if all he had access to was a bolt action hunting rifle instead of a semi automatic pistol
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-24-2014, 08:18 PM   #50

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowda9 View Post
he sounds pretty messed up, saying things like "I'm magnificent, I'm fabulous, How dare you insult me" etc things like that.
With comments like that I think he was trying to get laid....by the wrong gender