REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Vancouver (Punjabi?) Girl Hiring Bridesmaids on Craigslist (https://www.revscene.net/forums/696705-vancouver-punjabi-girl-hiring-bridesmaids-craigslist.html)

Traum 07-14-2014 01:01 PM

Vancouver (Punjabi?) Girl Hiring Bridesmaids on Craigslist

Hmm... I didn't know it has come down to this in the Vancouver wedding game show...

Finding the perfect bridesmaids on Craigslist
Quote:

I need bridesmaids for my wedding, I already have one but I’m 5 short. The groom is really popular and already has 6 groomsmen and I want the wedding pictures to look nice so we need an even number.

Requirements:
Must be willing to appear at all events (Between Aug 24-30)
No one taller than one 5’5 or shorter than 5’0
Must be sizes 0-6 (I buy the dresses)
Must be a good liar and actor
Must be willing to memorize info about me
Preferably speaks Punjabi
An agreeable personality, from a respectable family
Must be anywhere from 27-33 years old
Must be attractive but not too attractive

You will have a higher chance of being considered if you send a picture. Must be willing to do an interview.

P.S Free food and drinks.

Presto 07-14-2014 01:09 PM

Who's day is this supposed to be, that the groom has, already, 6 guys on his side, while the bride only has her sister/bff?

I hate massive wedding parties like this. The worst I've been to was 9 bridesmaids/groomsmen per side. As someone that has, reluctantly, gone through the process, I can only recommend eloping.

N8 07-14-2014 01:14 PM

The groom should run as fast as he can! that is going to be one controlling bride ... I can see it miles alway

Mr.HappySilp 07-14-2014 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Presto (Post 8502240)
Who's day is this supposed to be, that the groom has, already, has 6 guys on his side, while the bride only has her sister/bff?

I hate massive wedding parties like this. The worst I've been to was 9 bridesmaids/groomsmen per side. As someone that has, reluctantly, gone through the process, I can only recommend eloping.

I hate the planning and stuff. Why not just have a small dinner with relatives and close friends and call it a day. Maybe coz I hate planning.........

Ludepower 07-14-2014 01:24 PM

happy wife...happy life...FML lol

Traum 07-14-2014 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp (Post 8502244)
I hate the planning and stuff. Why not just have a small dinner with relatives and close friends and call it a day. Maybe coz I hate planning.........

Because parents.

With Chinese families especially, a lot of times the parents can't seem to understand that the wedding is supposed to be the bride and groom's wedding. They see it as more of themselves gaining a daughter-in-law for the groom's side, or marrying their daughter away for the bride's side because traditionally, that is how it was. Of course, this directly conflicts with the Westernized thinking that the bride and groom are typically raised on.

I'd imagine that a similar deal probably applies for Indian families as well...

twitchyzero 07-14-2014 01:48 PM

someone send in an application with pics of integra girl

Manic! 07-14-2014 01:54 PM

Why blame the bride. The groom wants 6 groomsmen and the bride has no friends.

Weddings are not about bringing 2 people together it's about bringing 2 families together.

underscore 07-14-2014 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 8502260)
Weddings are not about bringing 2 people together it's about bringing 2 families together.

Unless you're planning on all living together then no, it isn't. The bride and the groom are the only ones making a change to their life so everyone else can fuck right off.

320icar 07-14-2014 02:21 PM

I will gladly be a gay bridesmaid if it means I get free genuine Indian food! Fuck yeah

GGnoRE 07-14-2014 02:23 PM

^lolol send ur pic and plz report her response

Ch28 07-14-2014 02:23 PM

Good buddy of mine just has 1 best man and the bride will have 1 maid of honor. Keep it nice and simple. I cringe every time I see a bride insist on having such a huge wedding party.

320icar 07-14-2014 02:49 PM

Flickr won't work for me, but if someone goes on to my account (320icar) they can snipe the photo and post it

edit

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5590/...a2f885f0_c.jpgUntitled by 320iCar, on Flickr

BrRsn 07-14-2014 03:04 PM

lol @ compensation of $20/day

no thanks geoff

kkthind 07-14-2014 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhillon09 (Post 8502321)

no thanks geoff

But, but, it's free food and drinks Yo

BrRsn 07-14-2014 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkthind (Post 8502330)
But, but, it's free food and drinks Yo

yeah smirnoff, pakoras, and crown royal all while being eye-fucked by the brides drunk uncle, no thx

quasi 07-14-2014 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch28 (Post 8502285)
Good buddy of mine just has 1 best man and the bride will have 1 maid of honor. Keep it nice and simple. I cringe every time I see a bride insist on having such a huge wedding party.

That's the way to do it, fuck big wedding parties. I hate being a part of them, I hate the fact I made some of my friends be part of mine I was much younger and didn't know any better at the time. I cringe everytime one of my friends tells me they are getting married because I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, ie: would you be in our wedding party...........FML.

Weddings are alright to attend if you're there as a guest, can leave whenever and don't have to deal with any of the bullshit that comes with being in the bridal party. If I could get in a time machine I would have got married on a beach somewhere and those friends that wanted to come could have made it a holiday but no pressure.

I can't see how this person who posted the ad will get any serious hits, who the fuck volunteers for that shit? Looking for people to practice root canals on. Looking for people to clean up my dogs shit.............Seriously

vitaminG 07-14-2014 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhillon09 (Post 8502321)

no thanks geoff

well there are outfits included as well, im sure those arent going to be cheap

parm104 07-14-2014 03:53 PM

What makes anyone think that the parents or anyone else other than the bride and groom here are planning/organizing their wedding...

The bride clearly has a lot of issues including being honest. If this isn't a troll, the bride obviously is lying to her fiance and not being open with him regarding her bridesmaid situation. Or perhaps, she is and she wants a large wedding party on her side and this is the way she wants to do it.

nabs 07-14-2014 04:31 PM

applied, anyone good at makeup?

320icar 07-14-2014 04:35 PM

I'll have my gf do my make up. Still waiting for my call tho

murd0c 07-14-2014 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 8502259)
someone send in an application with pics of integra girl

who is that?
Spoiler!

Hondaracer 07-14-2014 05:17 PM

A month in Europe honeymoon > big wedding no one cares about

Gucci Mane 07-14-2014 11:06 PM

EI weddings have become such a fucking joke. its all about who can do it bigger and better these days.

DC5-S 07-14-2014 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhillon09 (Post 8502332)
yeah smirnoff, pakoras, and crown royal all while being eye-fucked by the brides drunk uncle, no thx

sounds like first hand experience ;)