REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2014, 06:01 PM   #101
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
Happy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: ricemond
Posts: 665
Thanked 706 Times in 157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hchang View Post
You never know what you'll do until you're put in that situation.
Well I'll never be in that situation because I'm not stupid enough to drink and drive like Robinson.

He really did cover his ass nicely.

Too bad he killed someone in the process - who knows what would have happened if he stayed and called an ambulance.

I'm pretty sure your view on "cover your own ass" would be different if he struck and killed your parents or a loved one.
Advertisement
__________________
'99 SH Prelude - Sold Nov 2009
'02 E46 M3 - Bought Feb 2010 - Daily Driver
Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 09:21 AM   #102
The sound of inevitability
 
The7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,490
Thanked 682 Times in 244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
Oliver makes some valid points, but he often conveniently ignores some issues and takes clips out of context to twist things to his view, there are certain budgetary issues as to why the county police force is wearing military surplus tactical uniforms, police had to respond in force with crowd control equipment as the protest where not peaceful with certain elements looking at this just to riot, loot and attack police with rocks and molotov cocktails. Even the peace protestors the last few days have voiced anger and frustration at the idiots who are just looking at this as an excuse to riot.

Much like John Stewart does as well, Oliver and Stewart aren't too different from the right nut bag Bill O'Reilly, except they the left version and do a better job putting a comedic spin on it.


Thank you. Well said.

I'm also going to add that I donated $5.00 to the police officer's fund.
People saying that him robbing the store had "nothing to do with it" is delusional at best.
If I go around doing stupid shit, robbing places and get shot the next day for something non related to my previous activities, who I was as a person before the shooting DOES fucking matter.
It shows and highlights my character as a man and a human being.. I was a piece of shit who asked for trouble and did dumb shit.

The problem we face today in the US is a double edged sword. On one side you have an out of control police state that's on the rise and on the other is a dangerous and ignorant populace hijacking the ideals of a free society and system to benefit their own agenda.. and agenda that supports lawlessness, irresponsibility, criminality and "it wasn't me, I didn't do nuffin!" attitude.
Fuck both, but I'd honestly rather live in the former than the latter.

Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson only come out when an "innocent and cuddly 21 year old CHILD or TEENAGER" get's gunned down by a white cop. Never mind that this "teenager" who was 21 year old, with his kinder garden pictures plastered all over CNN was a gang banger, did stupid shit and was violent..

Common sense isn't racist. If it wears baggy jeans, throws gang signs and constantly gets in fucking trouble, IT'S A PERSON YOU SHOULD AVOID FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY. Of course you could always play along with the liberal narative and ignore your safety for the sake of being politically correct and get killed. Not like death is eternal or anything.
__________________

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa


mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4

Last edited by The7even; 08-26-2014 at 09:36 AM.
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:13 PM   #103
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
parm104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Surrey
Posts: 2,779
Thanked 2,599 Times in 672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
Thank you. Well said.

I'm also going to add that I donated $5.00 to the police officer's fund.
People saying that him robbing the store had "nothing to do with it" is delusional at best.
If I go around doing stupid shit, robbing places and get shot the next day for something non related to my previous activities, who I was as a person before the shooting DOES fucking matter.
It shows and highlights my character as a man and a human being.. I was a piece of shit who asked for trouble and did dumb shit.
It is a judge and jury that decides whether someone is guilty of murder or not and whether the victim was deserving or not deserving of being shot. In a court of law, what you did the night before or 1/2 an hour before being shot or murdered is NOT admissible. It cannot be used as character evidence and it cannot be used to show propensity (with a limited number of exceptions, of course.)
__________________
Clicky Clicky For my Feedback
parm104 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-27-2014, 04:16 PM   #104
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
mikemhg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 698
Thanked 684 Times in 233 Posts
I really wanted to jump into this thread, especially after the RS resident biggot The7even decided to jump it. You donated to an officer that shot a young man about to enter college? You're a sick fuck, whether or not you want to character assassinate Michael Brown, a family is grieving over their lost son, and you think that's something worth donating against? Mind boggling.

I always find it facinating when someone who isn't black, nor lived a day as a black man in a city like St. Louis, would post as if they had any idea of the situation down there.

To deny that there is a distinct problem between the Black community and these Police Departments who are hiring ex-military from locations completely disconnected from the community they are assigned to police is shocking to me.

How can some people try to pretend that racism hasn't been institutionalized in many of these Police Departments in America for a VERY long time? You think that has changed simply because it's 2014?

This issue is a complicated one, and surely isn't one sided. I don't lay full blame on the Police Department, the black community also requires change, and it's time to address these problems. The war on drugs HAS to end, it has ruined a race of people, and destroyed a generation of young black men. Until this changes, we will not see any improvement in the black community. It really disapoints me that we are debating an issue like this in 2014, we have come a long way since the 60's, but boy do we have a long way still to go.

Last edited by mikemhg; 08-27-2014 at 04:24 PM.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-27-2014, 05:07 PM   #105
...in the world.
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 28,460
Thanked 7,646 Times in 2,324 Posts
If I remember correctly, he also sided with Zimmerman.

I don't think it really matters what he did. He was unarmed, not a threat...yes, he may have robbed a corner store but doesn't that mean he should be arrested rather than shot in the face?

That other guy probably deserved it for having a knife and yelling at cops to shoot him but Michael Brown, by most accounts, was trying to surrender.
__________________
- edeats.com <-- my food blog
- edlau|photo <-- photos
- Instagram <-- moar photos
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-27-2014, 11:23 PM   #106
The sound of inevitability
 
The7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,490
Thanked 682 Times in 244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
If I remember correctly, he also sided with Zimmerman.
Yeah, I did.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I don't think it really matters what he did.
But it does. You have to judge people based on who they are as a person and who they are in their day to day life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
He was unarmed
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
not a threat...
You have no idea. No idea. That is a total guess on your part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
yes, he may have robbed a corner store but doesn't that mean he should be arrested rather than shot in the face?
You're right. I'm not for shooting a person just for shop lifting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
That other guy probably deserved it for having a knife and yelling at cops to shoot him
Not just "probably", he definitely deserved it.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
but Michael Brown, by most accounts, was trying to surrender.
And what accounts are those? Of other by standers who are taking his side because he was black and they love attention and love to blame whites for all their problems?

Eye witness accounts are the least reliable..



The truth is, we don't know 100% what happened so saying he was trying to surrender is just guesswork at this point - you have nothing to prove that he was.

Based on how he lived his life though.. I wouldn't be surprised if he attempted to charge the officer.

I'll say it again.. I'm not for a police state that the US is becoming.. but I'm not for this shit either.
I'm sure this poor man was a beloved member of his community and was anti-gun just as much as some of the posters in this thread.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Michael-Brown-Ferguson-MO-with-gun.jpg (73.4 KB, 0 views)
__________________

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa


mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-27-2014, 11:30 PM   #107
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
Manic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 10,418
Thanked 3,825 Times in 1,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post







Based on how he lived his life though.. I wouldn't be surprised if he attempted to charge the officer.
Based on how the police officer lived his life I wouldn't be surprised if he was a raciest and shot him because he was black.

Darren Wilson’s first job was on a troubled police force disbanded by authorities


FERGUSON, Mo. — The small city of Jennings, Mo., had a police department so troubled, and with so much tension between white officers and black residents, that the city council finally decided to disband it. Everyone in the Jennings police department was fired. New officers were brought in to create a credible department from scratch.

That was three years ago. One of the officers who worked in that department, and lost his job along with everyone else, was a young man named Darren Wilson.

Darren Wilson?s first job was on a troubled police force disbanded by authorities - The Washington Post
__________________
I don't need an amplifier I'm already big, best on any track call me the Stig - Shizzo

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar
Manic! is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-27-2014, 11:40 PM   #108
...in the world.
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 28,460
Thanked 7,646 Times in 2,324 Posts
I was about to say...doesn't that go both ways? It seems like the police in Ferguson are pretty trigger happy, pointing guns at unarmed civilians and accusations of racism all over.

If blacks love to blame whites for all their problems, isn't it also conceivable that...whites are the cause of at least some of their problems? Like shooting them in the face? There's definitely a problem with racism when it comes to the police. I saw a video the other day where security was called to deal with a white guy causing a disturbance and instead, they pepper sprayed a black bystander and hauled him away.

And another problem is the huge lack of transparency when it comes to the police. They all look out for each other and even when there is a fuck up, they don't deal with it in the same way as any other person. The police should be held accountable but instead, they spin their bullshit. Look at the shit that happens in Vancouver? Guy dies from tasering...well, we'll just pay those guys to sit at desks now. The police need to be held to the same standards...not "oh, you risk your life so you get a free pass." and we'll sweep it under the rug.

Cops wear cameras. Done deal. Because there's absolutely nothing to stop a white cop from shooting a black man for no reason right now.
__________________
- edeats.com <-- my food blog
- edlau|photo <-- photos
- Instagram <-- moar photos
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-27-2014, 11:50 PM   #109
The sound of inevitability
 
The7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,490
Thanked 682 Times in 244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
I really wanted to jump into this thread, especially after the RS resident biggot The7even decided to jump it.
Pleasure meeting you. I'm very happy that you've declared me a fool based solely on the fact that I disagree with you.. a sure sign of higher intelligence I'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
You donated to an officer that shot a young man about to enter college?
That guy... college?


You really do live in a fantasy world where everything is good, no one cries and there's only butterflies..
I bet the only pictures you saw of him are when he was 12 years old right? Or the high school graduation picture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
You're a sick fuck
I'm not. I'm a realist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
a family is grieving over their lost son, and you think that's something worth donating against? Mind boggling.
Since you are the champion of equal rights and an ardent defender of the less powerful, why don't you donate to the Michael Brown fund?
I'll wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
I always find it facinating when someone who isn't black, nor lived a day as a black man in a city like St. Louis, would post as if they had any idea of the situation down there.
I find it fascinating that you don't see that I live in Chicago, where I see reality and know how to distinguish between a normal black man and a thug.
Your inability to comprehend that there is a difference between the two would get you killed here. But of course, as usual, I'm sure you're in a nice community where you don't have to deal with ghetto trash and you get all your information from The Daily Show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
To deny that there is a distinct problem between the Black community and these Police Departments who are hiring ex-military from locations completely disconnected from the community they are assigned to police is shocking to me.
Yet, I didn't deny that, did I?

I said I'm against a police state as well.

Did you read what I said or did you just skim through the parts you wanted to nit pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
How can some people try to pretend that racism hasn't been institutionalized in many of these Police Departments in America for a VERY long time? You think that has changed simply because it's 2014?
I'm not the moron you're trying to paint me as.
I'm well aware of everything that goes on. I don't pretend that racism doesn't exist. In fact, I don't pretend to be some politically correct champion who ignores the fact that Michael Brown would have wiped the floor with your face were you to look at him wrong. He wasn't afraid to steal. Let that sink in.

The next time you go to a store, steal something.. I want you to actually steal something.

Just before you do..you will actually go over the consequences and you'll decide against it. The 8 year old innocent teenagers genius about to be college student never even considered that, never even gave a shit about that... he thought "this is a good idea".


Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
I don't lay full blame on the Police Department, the black community also requires change
YOU ARE A RACIST. APOLOGIZE NOW. NO APOLOGY NO PEACE. YOU'RE A RACIST BIGGOT. HATER. SCUM. NAZI.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
and it's time to address these problems
Yes, it is fucking time. But we cant address these problems because every time someone tries and points out the facts, the facts and the person pointing them out is a racist according to the media, you and others.
__________________

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa


mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4

Last edited by The7even; 08-27-2014 at 11:56 PM.
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:55 PM   #110
The sound of inevitability
 
The7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,490
Thanked 682 Times in 244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post

If blacks love to blame whites for all their problems, isn't it also conceivable that...whites are the cause of at least some of their problems?
Of course it's conceivable. Whites are the cause of most of their problems.
Slavery was no joke, nor was the shit that followed slavery much better. It's why they hate the white man so much.

But there is a line. They can get together and they can fix their problems.. but people won't let them. The democrats in this country love keeping them on the leash(welfare) and keeping them stupid benefits them because they get the votes.

If you try or say anything that goes against the narrative, you're labeled racist. So everything remains the same.
__________________

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa


mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-27-2014, 11:56 PM   #111
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
Manic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 10,418
Thanked 3,825 Times in 1,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post


why don't you donate to the Michael Brown fund?
I'll wait.


Fund for what? The kids dead, the funeral is done, and they have a team of lawyers.





__________________
I don't need an amplifier I'm already big, best on any track call me the Stig - Shizzo

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar
Manic! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 12:01 AM   #112
The sound of inevitability
 
The7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,490
Thanked 682 Times in 244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Fund for what? The kids dead, the funeral is done, and they have a team of lawyers.





Darren Wilson Supporter Gets Scolded - Stupid jack after telling man €œLearn to Speak English' - YouTube
What is the point of your video?

Also, you can fund the legal team that's going to bring the evil racist officer to justice.
__________________

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa


mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:16 AM   #113
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
Manic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 10,418
Thanked 3,825 Times in 1,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
What is the point of your video?

Also, you can fund the legal team that's going to bring the evil racist officer to justice.


You mean fund the federal prosecutor? How would you do that? he works for and gets paid by the government. That would be like paying a cop to find your stolen car.

I don't think you know how the legal system works.
__________________
I don't need an amplifier I'm already big, best on any track call me the Stig - Shizzo

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar
Manic! is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-28-2014, 07:17 AM   #114
The sound of inevitability
 
The7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,490
Thanked 682 Times in 244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
You mean fund the federal prosecutor? How would you do that? he works for and gets paid by the government. That would be like paying a cop to find your stolen car.

I don't think you know how the legal system works.
I was serious about asking him to donate before you pointed out that it was closed and the funeral happened, I didn't know it did.

The last one was me sarcastically asking you to donate to race baiter Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

Even if I know nothing about the legal system, it changes nothing about what I've said.
__________________

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa


mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:24 AM   #115
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
parm104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Surrey
Posts: 2,779
Thanked 2,599 Times in 672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
Even if I know nothing about the legal system, it changes nothing about what I've said.
Well it should...the moral grounds here will vary between person to person and opinion of the outcome of Brown shooting will too. However, the law is the only thing that is absolute and the law is the only thing we can hold true without involving our personal opinion.

That being said, I repeat, Brown's past and his cigar heist cannot be brought up in a court of law to show his character or propensity to commit crimes. This is important because it's what you are using to characterize this young man.

I'm not characterizing him as a good kid or a bad kid. I am too remote and distant from the situation to be able to accurately do that. But you have and you feel the officer in question is not guilty of murder because Brown had it coming to him because of his delinquent conduct. Well, like I said...a court of law handles past crimes, wrong acts and delinquency differently and generally, does not allow remote incidents to be used to show that a person acted accordingly on a particular occasion.

You were sarcastically suggesting to donate money to two reverends? I don't get it...
__________________
Clicky Clicky For my Feedback

Last edited by parm104; 08-28-2014 at 12:35 PM.
parm104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:42 AM   #116
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
Manic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 10,418
Thanked 3,825 Times in 1,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
I was serious about asking him to donate before you pointed out that it was closed and the funeral happened, I didn't know it did.

Even if I know nothing about the legal system, it changes nothing about what I've said.
If you don't know the legal system how can you say someone is innocent or guilty?

Seems like there are a lot of things you don't know.
__________________
I don't need an amplifier I'm already big, best on any track call me the Stig - Shizzo

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar
Manic! is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-28-2014, 12:43 PM   #117
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Surrey
Posts: 186
Thanked 372 Times in 91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
Yeah, I did.

I'll say it again.. I'm not for a police state that the US is becoming.. but I'm not for this shit either.
I'm sure this poor man was a beloved member of his community and was anti-gun just as much as some of the posters in this thread.
Holy fuck.

Do people still think that pistol-holding cash-in-mouth photo is Mike Brown?

Read a god damn news story one time.

Quote:
One problem is that Brown wasn't in the photo. The picture actually shows murder suspect Joda Cain, who was accused of killing his great-grandmother in Oregon last year.
Kansas City, Mo., cop under review after posting fake 'Michael Brown' picture to Facebook: report - NY Daily News
Racist Idiot Cop Investigated for Michael Brown Facebook Posts
KC officer faces review for Michael Brown Facebook posts

Photo was debunked Aug. 19.
capt_slo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-28-2014, 05:06 PM   #118
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
mikemhg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 698
Thanked 684 Times in 233 Posts
^Hehe, I love it. To be honest you guys have already posted some good responses to The7even, I'm not even going to bother.

Donate to Sharpton? The hell does that even mean? I can't stand that sleazy snake bastard, does this guy even know that most black people don't even support Sharpton. That asshole lost 2/3 of the black vote IN HIS OWN DISTRICT when he ran for the Democrat candidate nomination over a decade ago.

Arguing with a racist over the Internet is stupid, we could go at this for days, and I don't know if you are trolling or being legitimate. I always find that the people who spew racist vitriol as you do over the Internet, would never have this type of conversation with me face to face, and I mean no threat whatsoever by that statement.

I hope that officer spending your donation well, for that $5 he can purchase a nice white pillow case
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-28-2014, 10:17 PM   #119
The sound of inevitability
 
The7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,490
Thanked 682 Times in 244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
^Hehe, I love it. To be honest you guys have already posted some good responses to The7even, I'm not even going to bother.

Donate to Sharpton? The hell does that even mean? I can't stand that sleazy snake bastard, does this guy even know that most black people don't even support Sharpton. That asshole lost 2/3 of the black vote IN HIS OWN DISTRICT when he ran for the Democrat candidate nomination over a decade ago.

Arguing with a racist over the Internet is stupid, we could go at this for days, and I don't know if you are trolling or being legitimate. I always find that the people who spew racist vitriol as you do over the Internet, would never have this type of conversation with me face to face, and I mean no threat whatsoever by that statement.

I hope that officer spending your donation well, for that $5 he can purchase a nice white pillow case
So because I take the side of an officer I'm a racist.

Do you even know what a racist is?

Just because I don't agree with your side of the story doesn't make me racist.
I'm just observing and forming an opinion based on what I know and see.

What I don't see is anyone mentioning this

http://www.wnd.com/2014/08/black-on-...michael-brown/

Man warns two white guys to not go into restaurant.
They go into restaurant.
7 Black guys confront them because they're white and guilty of slavery and the death of unarmed teenager, 5 year old Michael Brown who was trying to just be a productive member of society and a big asset to his community.
The white men exit the restaurant.
Black men follow them.
Attack them both savagely.
One survives, tells the story, mentions racist slurs being thrown at them while they were being beaten.
"Not a hate crime".

No mention anywhere in media.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...were-switched/

Read that one maybe..
__________________

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa


mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4

Last edited by The7even; 08-28-2014 at 10:27 PM.
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-28-2014, 11:14 PM   #120
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
Manic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 10,418
Thanked 3,825 Times in 1,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
So because I take the side of an officer I'm a racist.

Do you even know what a racist is?

Just because I don't agree with your side of the story doesn't make me racist.
I'm just observing and forming an opinion based on what I know and see.

What I don't see is anyone mentioning this

Black-on-white beating revenge for Michael Brown?

Man warns two white guys to not go into restaurant.
They go into restaurant.
7 Black guys confront them because they're white and guilty of slavery and the death of unarmed teenager, 5 year old Michael Brown who was trying to just be a productive member of society and a big asset to his community.
The white men exit the restaurant.
Black men follow them.
Attack them both savagely.
One survives, tells the story, mentions racist slurs being thrown at them while they were being beaten.
"Not a hate crime".

No mention anywhere in media.

Stepdad of Marine Brutally Beaten in Parking Lot: ?Painful Truth? Is Media Would Care More If Races Were Switched | TheBlaze.com

Read that one maybe..
So the Blaze is not media? What is is it then?


Also lots of people get beat up every day. You want the media to report on every fight?
__________________
I don't need an amplifier I'm already big, best on any track call me the Stig - Shizzo

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar

Last edited by Manic!; 08-28-2014 at 11:20 PM.
Manic! is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-29-2014, 01:11 AM   #121
...in the world.
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 28,460
Thanked 7,646 Times in 2,324 Posts
Okay so let me see if I'm getting this straight.

Two white guys go into a restaurant after being straight up warned that it might start a confrontation but do so anyways and do so carrying concealed guns. Then they get beat up...one guy is in fair condition and one guy is pretty much just fine.

Black guy who probably stole some cigarettes gets randomly stopped by a police officer who didn't know he was a robbery suspect and the policeman, a person sworn to protect the public, guns him down despite not being armed.

Yes, totally the same thing.

And pretty much everyone that has a concealed weapon permit when it isn't part of their job is a fucking idiot. 100% of people that carry guns around for no particular reason are morons. These guys were just asking for it if they went into a hostile environment voluntarily and decided that arguing rather than leaving was a good idea.

If somehow I got into a heated argument with someone that showed me a gun, if I can't run, the first thing I'd do is try to knock him the fuck out too. If 7 of my unarmed friends were around, you can be damn sure we're kicking that guy's ass until he isn't a threat.

Is this your idea of black racism? Did these white people think they're Rosa Parks here? "No, I have a right to get my fucking waffles here!"
__________________
- edeats.com <-- my food blog
- edlau|photo <-- photos
- Instagram <-- moar photos
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-29-2014, 04:58 AM   #122
The sound of inevitability
 
The7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,490
Thanked 682 Times in 244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
You want the media to report on every fight?



They targeted them SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE THEY WERE WHITE - TO GET REVENGE FOR MICHAEL BROWN.

How is that NOT RELEVANT?

Your hypocrisy is showing.
__________________

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa


mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-29-2014, 05:02 AM   #123
The sound of inevitability
 
The7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,490
Thanked 682 Times in 244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Okay so let me see if I'm getting this straight.

Two white guys go into a restaurant after being straight up warned that it might start a confrontation but do so anyways and do so carrying concealed guns. Then they get beat up...one guy is in fair condition and one guy is pretty much just fine.

Black guy who probably stole some cigarettes gets randomly stopped by a police officer who didn't know he was a robbery suspect and the policeman, a person sworn to protect the public, guns him down despite not being armed.

Yes, totally the same thing.

And pretty much everyone that has a concealed weapon permit when it isn't part of their job is a fucking idiot. 100% of people that carry guns around for no particular reason are morons. These guys were just asking for it if they went into a hostile environment voluntarily and decided that arguing rather than leaving was a good idea.

If somehow I got into a heated argument with someone that showed me a gun, if I can't run, the first thing I'd do is try to knock him the fuck out too. If 7 of my unarmed friends were around, you can be damn sure we're kicking that guy's ass until he isn't a threat.

Is this your idea of black racism? Did these white people think they're Rosa Parks here? "No, I have a right to get my fucking waffles here!"
Did you read the article?

The guy was a war veteran.
They have the right to go into any waffle house they like.

They ignored the warning because they didn't think they'd be targeted for something they didn't do.

They then left the restaurant and were followed... and it's still their fault.


This was a beating of TWO men by AT LEAST 7 others.

Be honest, you didn't read, did you?
Also, if I were to say "black guy shouldn't have gone there, should have known it was a white only area" you'd be saying "omg, they have the right to go where ever they want to, crush raycism!".

But I know, I'm sorry, the guys probably deserved to get beat up. Reparations for that slavery and payback for Michael Brown.
So sorry. Justice has been served.
__________________

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa


mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-29-2014, 10:31 AM   #124
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 524
Thanked 409 Times in 111 Posts
^ seems like you're trying to use that story to justify that it's alright for what happened to Brown but I'm probably wrong about that. Anyways, this Jon Stewart kind of hits it right on the head i think..

van_city23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-29-2014, 11:26 AM   #125
...in the world.
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 28,460
Thanked 7,646 Times in 2,324 Posts
Yes, I read the article. How would I know they had a concealed weapon if I didn't? You didn't mention that in your post.

So war veterans have a good reason to carry a concealed weapon? Where's the war? Oh right, on another continent. Anyone that carries a concealed weapon is an idiot.

It says that tensions were high and they were warned not to go in and did so anyways. Yes, they have the right to be there. There's no reason for them not to be allowed in the waffle house but was it a good idea? Did they HAVE to get waffles there? This entire confrontation could've been avoided if they didn't go looking for trouble. And even after they went in, they could've avoided an argument by leaving once they realized the other patrons were hostile.

They had choices and they made the wrong ones. Plus, doesn't this go both ways? We don't know any of the details. We don't know if those guys went in and started the argument or flashed the guns. Like you said with the Michael Brown incident, you don't know the details. For all we know, they might've yelled "NIGGERS!" and got beat up for good reason.

A man with a gun when I don't have one is a threat. A man without a gun when I have one is not.

If you told me the same thing happened to two black guys, I would've said they brought it on themselves. Why put yourself in situations where you know something bad is going to happen? You don't see me walking around the DTES yelling "I'M RICH, BEEYAAATCH!"
__________________
- edeats.com <-- my food blog
- edlau|photo <-- photos
- Instagram <-- moar photos
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net