REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Island Automotive Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/island-automotive-chat_13/)
-   -   New Race Track Duncan 3 Point Motors (https://www.revscene.net/forums/697886-new-race-track-duncan-3-point-motors.html)

Manic! 09-03-2014 05:40 PM

New Race Track Duncan 3 Point Motors

I hear 3 Point motors is building a race track in Duncan, construction has already started. Anyone have any info on this?

zilley 09-03-2014 05:59 PM

so excited, cant even type race properly anymore. LOL.

dared3vil0 09-03-2014 09:40 PM

Tace track.

:troll:

Manic! 09-04-2014 02:42 AM

Hey the t and r are right next to each other.

No one else exited there is going to be a race track that in not oval on the Island?

Jmac 09-04-2014 09:53 PM

I haven't heard anything about this. Also not sure why Three Point Motors, being in Victoria, would build a track an hour away in Duncan.

They were going to build a drag strip by Paldi years ago, but that was shut down by the aboriginal band.

Manic! 09-05-2014 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmac (Post 8525219)
I haven't heard anything about this. Also not sure why Three Point Motors, being in Victoria, would build a track an hour away in Duncan.

They were going to build a drag strip by Paldi years ago, but that was shut down by the aboriginal band.

3 point has a BMW/Mini/Mercedes/Subaru dealership in Nanaimo. The reason for the Duncan location is the owner of 3 point has land there.

Nightwalker 09-11-2014 10:03 AM

1/4 mile and road course plz!

underscore 09-11-2014 10:11 AM

I'm excited if it's actually getting built, do they have a webpage for it or something?

T2Small 09-11-2014 10:21 AM

They are known as GAIN (German Auto Import Network). GAIN | German Auto Import Network - Vancouver Island

TouringTeg 09-18-2014 06:27 PM

Fantastic! I will ask around. Do you know where it is being built?

The owner of 3 point/ GAIN has an amazing car collection. Anyone who was at the GAIN Motor Gathering in Sidney this summer saw some of his collection in the hanger. Very rare Porsche 904, Mercedes SL, Ferrari, Mclaren, etc.

Pics: Vancouver Island Motor Gathering

AGL996 02-14-2015 06:44 PM

I have it on fairly good authority that GAIN is building a race circuit on 40 acres of Highway 18, just past the Tansor road turnoff. Someone asked why they would not build it in Victoria. Where in the hell would you be able to buy 40 acres in Victoria and get bylaw approval to build a race circuit? Nowhere. Keeping in mind that there is currently no race circuit like the proposed one in Western Canada (there is one in Washington), it will likely attract people from far and wide. I have gone to the site where I think it is which is large and fairly flat, with some heavy machinery and large piles of various kinds of gravel... I will keep an eye on things ... it would be incredible if it actually happens. 2001 Porsche 911 Carrera.

Manic! 02-15-2015 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGL996 (Post 8596517)
I have it on fairly good authority that GAIN is building a race circuit on 40 acres of Highway 18, just past the Tansor road turnoff. Someone asked why they would not build it in Victoria. Where in the hell would you be able to buy 40 acres in Victoria and get bylaw approval to build a race circuit? Nowhere. Keeping in mind that there is currently no race circuit like the proposed one in Western Canada (there is one in Washington), it will likely attract people from far and wide. I have gone to the site where I think it is which is large and fairly flat, with some heavy machinery and large piles of various kinds of gravel... I will keep an eye on things ... it would be incredible if it actually happens. 2001 Porsche 911 Carrera.

Thanx keep us updated.

Klaus T 02-28-2015 02:16 PM

I have this info from a really good source.
the track has been designed by Tilke track design and architects from Germany.
More to follow and there should be soon a website. :-)
K

underscore 02-28-2015 02:32 PM

Anybody else find it funny that these "updates" are coming from new, one-post-wonder accounts?

Klaus T 02-28-2015 03:51 PM

That was my first post as I was just introduced to this site today by a friend. But we will see. I hope I wont be a one post-wonder in the future.
I also know all approvals for the track are in place and completion is scheduled for the late fall this year. K

Eros250 03-04-2015 08:15 AM

wow, this is awesome news.

TouringTeg 03-10-2015 07:41 PM

Very excited for this! It has been a long time coming.

lowside67 03-10-2015 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGL996 (Post 8596517)
Keeping in mind that there is currently no race circuit like the proposed one in Western Canada (there is one in Washington), it will likely attract people from far and wide.

I have no idea what the actual "proposed" idea is, but I assume you are implying that it will be more substantial than Mission Raceway. It seems hard to believe they made the logical decision to locate something with that much infrastructure on the island - the logistics of getting race teams and enticing spectators to take the ferry seems like a poor choice.

Would love to see some photos of this proposed site that you claim to have seen?

Mark

underscore 03-10-2015 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowside67 (Post 8607838)
I have no idea what the actual "proposed" idea is, but I assume you are implying that it will be more substantial than Mission Raceway. It seems hard to believe they made the logical decision to locate something with that much infrastructure on the island - the logistics of getting race teams and enticing spectators to take the ferry seems like a poor choice.

Would love to see some photos of this proposed site that you claim to have seen?

Mark

Good point, taking the ferry adds $150 and a lot of time to anyone spectating/driving at the track, and if the ferry doesn't run early enough to get there before tech you're adding in a night at a hotel as well.

Manic! 03-11-2015 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowside67 (Post 8607838)

Mark

The guy building it is loaded and owns a bunch of dealerships on the island including Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, Audi, Volkswagen, and Subaru. He is building it mainly for his customers from what I understand. Buy a car get some track time.

Klaus T 03-16-2015 08:15 PM

It hasn't been that long! :-) From what I know it has been the fastest approval to build and design process for any similar tracks Tilke has done. They will be over here in the coming weeks again to finish the design up and then construction should start.
K

Klaus T 03-26-2015 03:46 PM

Vancouver Island Motorsport Resort

underscore 03-26-2015 05:11 PM

Quote:

off road adventure track
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploa...-Curiosity.gif

Flatsix 03-27-2015 12:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Update from gain

Jmac 03-27-2015 04:32 PM

Where is this facility being built?