REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 02-17-2016, 12:45 AM   #101
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
How much are you guys spending?!

I'm looking through these posts and when you say budget and I hear stuff like 1.0+ ct I just can't imagine where you're starting your budget at.
3x gross salary.

if you're embarrassed by what you're buying, you will regret it later in life. this is one of the few times I will blow money. thankfully diamonds hold their value, though you can never truly get that value

4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 01:20 PM   #102
RS.net Licensed Sponsor

browse thru all 5 pages, and seems like blue nile is the way to go.

anyone have any experience with Lucsus? they are located on hasting. Seems to have great review, and the diamond that im interested in with the exact same spec, 3E, color,clarity, etc came out to be cheaper with lucsus than Bluenile

www.drivehard.ca
140/150 11351 Bridgeport Road
Richmond, BC
604-270-2494

Official dealers of : Volk Racing, Vossen wheels, Yokohama, Gram lights, KICS Project, Status Racing Seat, AMS tuning, KW Automotive, Work Wheel, VMR Wheel, Macht Schnell, Tein, Defi, Vishnu Tuning, HRE Wheel, MXP Exhaust, Vorsteiner, Varis, Arqray, Techart, Champion, Iforged, NEEZ Wheel
DHP 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 01:47 PM   #103
I subscribe to Revscene

I'm looking at two diamonds, basically same specs except one is VS2 clarity and H colour and the other is SI1 clairy and E colour. Which is "better"?
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 02:11 PM   #104
RS.net Licensed Sponsor

The one with E color will be the better choice
I/H you will see that its a bit yellow when you put it side by side. While clarity you cant really see it with your naked eye unless under a microscope.

www.drivehard.ca
Richmond, BC
604-270-2494

Official dealers of : Volk Racing, Vossen wheels, Yokohama, Gram lights, KICS Project, Status Racing Seat, AMS tuning, KW Automotive, Work Wheel, VMR Wheel, Macht Schnell, Tein, Defi, Vishnu Tuning, HRE Wheel, MXP Exhaust, Vorsteiner, Varis, Arqray, Techart, Champion, Iforged, NEEZ Wheel
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2016, 05:14 PM   #105
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHP 1 View Post
browse thru all 5 pages, and seems like blue nile is the way to go.

anyone have any experience with Lucsus? they are located on hasting. Seems to have great review, and the diamond that im interested in with the exact same spec, 3E, color,clarity, etc came out to be cheaper with lucsus than Bluenile
I went there for a consultation. Pretty nice guy, easy to work with it seems. Only reason I didn't go with Adam is that a friend recommended Lost Angels.

Check out Lost Angels. He has better prices and better diamonds for fully custom orders. Turn around time is about a month.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2016, 05:15 PM   #106
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat_steve View Post
I'm looking at two diamonds, basically same specs except one is VS2 clarity and H colour and the other is SI1 clairy and E colour. Which is "better"?
I wouldn't go for either.

H will be yellow, at least i noticed the difference between H and E very visibly when comparing the two side by side.

And I wouldn't even touch/consider SI diamonds.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
Old 02-18-2016, 05:41 PM   #107
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dat_steve View Post
how big is the diamond? it will be very difificult to see any imperfections in the diamond if its under a carat imo.
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 07:06 PM   #108
RS.net Licensed Sponsor

how does blue nile works?

u order the diamond choice of ur own, it comes in a mail.
U can either order the setting you like and have it in come in as a package...or u take the rock and go to your favorite local jewl guy and have them choose or custom a setting for you?

i compared with couple local jewl store, seems like no one can touch blue nile's prices

www.drivehard.ca
Richmond, BC
604-270-2494

Old 02-18-2016, 07:11 PM   #109
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabs View Post
I wouldn't go for either.

H will be yellow, at least i noticed the difference between H and E very visibly when comparing the two side by side.

And I wouldn't even touch/consider SI diamonds.
it's a budget thing. an option would be to go down in size to .70 and pick up a VS1 G, but i felt like that was a noticeable difference in size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
how big is the diamond? it will be very difificult to see any imperfections in the diamond if its under a carat imo.
both are 0.9
Old 02-18-2016, 07:13 PM   #110
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
how does blue nile works?
My coworker did just that and picked up a setting locally.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:52 PM   #111
RS.net Licensed Sponsor

funny my fiance is a bit paranoid...

she is worried buying a rock from blue nile comes to a local shop and get them to set it. Meanwhile they MAY swap out the rock and u wouldnt even notice.

E to F...

www.drivehard.ca
Richmond, BC
604-270-2494

Old 02-18-2016, 07:54 PM   #112
RS.net Licensed Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabs View Post
I went there for a consultation. Pretty nice guy, easy to work with it seems. Only reason I didn't go with Adam is that a friend recommended Lost Angels.

Check out Lost Angels. He has better prices and better diamonds for fully custom orders. Turn around time is about a month.
whats price like with Lost Angels

Luksus He quoted me $1300 for plat
$1000 for 14k

www.drivehard.ca
Richmond, BC
604-270-2494

Old 02-18-2016, 08:14 PM   #113
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,114 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:
funny my fiance is a bit paranoid...

she is worried buying a rock from blue nile comes to a local shop and get them to set it. Meanwhile they MAY swap out the rock and u wouldnt even notice.

E to F...
are diamonds bought from blue niles GIA certified? if so, you would have nothing to worry about as the GIA report will have the laser inscribed serial number on the diamond itself. you would just need to verify after the setting is done that the numbers match.
Alby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2016, 09:35 PM   #114
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,660 Times in 5,805 Posts
BlueNile is GIA cert.

their prices though, and the selection of settings, dont know why you wouldnt just get somthing from them, unless you had a setting from a family member etc. to set the diamond into.

1 word of warning, either make a very good guess or figure out the ring size right off the bat, OR make sure once you have the ring, get a competetant jeweler to size your fiances finger before sending back the ring.

Have had to send back our blue nile order twice now for resizing, first time my original guess was way off, so had to send back. However, used 3 different "chain" jewelers in the mall and they were all off in sizing, ended up she needed another half size smaller, and obviously for a ring youre going to wear forever, its gotta fit perfect.

So about $140 each time to send back insured with Canada post. Blue Nile's service is awsome and their return system is bang on, their return shipping and multiple resizing in the first year is free, but you have to get it to them for resizing
Old 02-18-2016, 09:39 PM   #115
RS.net Licensed Sponsor

^

there is a special design that i really like, thats why i cant get it from bluenile. Now have to get it costumed

And fiance was worried....getting scammed and what not since we are noobs in terms of diamonds/jewelry and what not

www.drivehard.ca
Richmond, BC
604-270-2494

Old 02-18-2016, 11:11 PM   #116
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Quote:
whats price like with Lost Angels

Luksus He quoted me $1300 for plat
$1000 for 14k
Really depends on what you want. Definitely cheaper than Luksus, Adam is one of the more expensive custom guys.

Working with Lee at Lost Angels feels more personal as well, it's a lot more laid back and comfortable. (Unlimited free resizing, lifetime warranty, lifetime cleaning, GIA certificate, and gets it appraised for you and gives you the appraisal certificate). Great customer service, like amazing customer service. Responds to emails and calls right away.

Also instead of going platinum, i would suggest 19K white. It will not scuff up like platinum. And it won't go yellow like 14k white. It's a lot less maintenance and does not need be rhodium plated every few months. A thorough cleaning will get its shine back.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2016, 07:38 AM   #117
RS.net Licensed Sponsor

^

u mean 18k?

wouldnt 18k be a little...soft?

Not a lot of reviews and links regarding lost angels, I will give him a shout and see what he can do for me. Thanks for the recommendation

www.drivehard.ca
Richmond, BC
604-270-2494

Last edited by DHP 1; 02-19-2016 at 07:46 AM.
Old 02-19-2016, 12:01 PM   #118
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

I mean 19k white. It is hard as platinum. It's alloyed with nickel.
Old 02-19-2016, 12:40 PM   #119
RS.net Licensed Sponsor

cool i will check it out thx

www.drivehard.ca
Richmond, BC
604-270-2494

Old 02-19-2016, 10:29 PM   #120
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Platinum scratches easily. But the pro side is that it would never lose any of its weight like how gold would. Every time you polish gold, youll literally lose a bit of the weight (gold).
With platinum youre really just remolding it smooth again.
hi-revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 05:06 AM   #121
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
just know blue nile doesn't have the best selections for cut / dimensions, but this will be in the high end type diamonds (>2 carat, likely in the $30K+ range) - if you're going in that price range, blue nile isn't the best, but for 90% of buyers, it is the best value for money.

GIA certification is step 1 in buying.
Know your Cs, and go from there.
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:18 AM   #122
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Hi guys,

Just wanted to bump this thread with a question.

I'm planning on popping the question in the next few weeks.

I've been dropped hints by my better half that she wants a Tacori designed ring. Now from what I know, Tacori just comes with the setting only.

My options of getting it are either:

Rodan
Harlings
Order online from the Tacori U.S Site.
(Any other local retail store that sells Tacori that I may have missed?)

I haven't narrowed down the particular style yet so I'm not sure if one of the above retailers will be cheaper than the rest or if they should technically be the same/similar price since it would be the same SKU item.

I also plan on getting the diamond seperate (most likely through Blue Nile or James Allen)

My question is:

1) Has anybody dealt with Rodan or Harlings for purchasing settings/rings?

2) If I get the ring from either, do you suggest I go to them respectively to get the diamond placed into the setting as well? I've heard anecdotal evidence that their craftsmanship is not the best.

3)If not or if I order the setting direct from Tacori, should I be going to an independent jeweller that specializes in working with rings? Any recommendations?

4) Anybody know the average turn around time? Risks involved?

5) What is the average charge to place a diamond together with a setting?

I had initially wanted to get a setting/diamond combo for BN/JA but none of the styles seem to be similar to Tacori.

Any other tips/advice/guidance would be appreciated
frostycc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 10:30 AM   #123
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostycc View Post

1) Has anybody dealt with Rodan or Harlings for purchasing settings/rings?
my coworker's engagement ring setting was purchased and set at Harlings, with the diamond off bluenile. she seems to be happy with it. I believe they set it for free too.
Old 03-30-2016, 06:13 PM   #124
I STILL don't get it

Those who ordered from blue Nile, did you gave any issues receiving a ring sizer from their website? It's been well over a month and I've ordered twice. They suggested we get my fiancée sized locally and call them to start the resizing process.
truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 08:09 PM   #125
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Before i ordered the ring, i got my fiances finger sized at spence, then told BlueNile the sizing. Easy peasy
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: