REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 06-07-2016, 11:25 AM   #151
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
For me, diamonds are a giant cash grab either way.

That said, if I'm paying X amount for something that is limited and rare, I would need the man made version to be a LOT cheaper. Half doesn't really cut it for me.

If it makes any difference, I had an F, IF diamond picked out as well, and ended up going down to a VVS1, G - visually the same, and I used that extra money elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911

Last edited by smoothie.; 06-07-2016 at 11:38 AM.
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 12:16 PM   #152
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
IMO if you're getting a size 0.8 carat you don't need to have the best specs for it to look amazing in person. Definitely get the best cut but colour and clarity you can save some money on unless you care how it looks through a microscope.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 09:22 PM   #153
xxx

Hey guys,

Bought a ring through an independent wholesaler in Toronto (amazing experience--didn't have to leave the house at all---and got an amazing diamond (HCA <2, excellent ASET images, hearts and arrows, etc.) for a great price. I'll post up a review later when I have time but for now I just have a question someone can help me with.

I proposed, she said yes, and now we need to resize the ring since I was way off on my guess haha.
Can someone recommend a trusted place to resize a ring? It may potentially cost more to ship it back to the place I bought it so I'm considering just doing it locally, but am paranoid about poor workmanship. I can obviously walk into any Ben Moss or random jewelry store but I want to make sure they do a good job. I'm going from a size 5.25 to a 3.75 and there are diamonds along the band so I know it's a bit more work than the typical ring.
Oleophobic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:18 AM   #154
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
just buck up and send it back to where you got it from.

i spent like $450 shipping my fiances ring back twice for resizing, as i sure as hell didnt trust any of the places like Ben Moss etc. to do it. Not when they dont even carry a diamond nearly as nice as the one i got for anywhere close to the price i paid.
Old 07-27-2016, 08:01 AM   #155
xxx

Damn i think that's what I needed to hear. That makes sense I'll get it sent back. It'll cost ~$100 but agreed it'll be much better than any store that did not make the ring in the first place.
Oleophobic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 12:37 AM   #156
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,913 Times in 3,873 Posts
Alright I'm deciding to nut up and get serious about finding a ring, lucky for my wallet but unlucky for me the hopefully soon to be Mrs. Underscore isn't a fan of conventional engagement rings. She likes coloured stones (she has no interest in whether they're diamonds or something else) that are fairly flush with the band (hence no normal engagement rings with a main stone sticking out), narrower bands with a thinner profile (think like a 195/45R16 of rings) with some sort of styling to it (not just straight bands). So far I'm not finding many, so any direction on where to look would be awesome. These two look to be the best ones I've found so far, I'm liking the second one quite a bit but I want to make sure I'm not missing any others:

0.20 Carat TW, 10k White Gold Colour Couture Diamond Ring featuring Chenille and Silk Diamonds

0.24 Carat TW, Sterling Silver Colour Couture Diamond Ring featuring Chenille Diamonds

Also any suggestions on what to look for in smaller diamonds or other gemstones? Or is there not much to consider when they're so small?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleophobic View Post
It'll cost ~$100 but agreed it'll be much better than any store that did not make the ring in the first place.
Plus that should keep any warranty intact, I've seen a few places that will void the warranty completely if any work is done by anyone else.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 12:46 AM   #157
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Alright I'm deciding to nut up and get serious about finding a ring, lucky for my wallet but unlucky for me the hopefully soon to be Mrs. Underscore isn't a fan of conventional engagement rings. She likes coloured stones (she has no interest in whether they're diamonds or something else) that are fairly flush with the band (hence no normal engagement rings with a main stone sticking out), narrower bands with a thinner profile (think like a 195/45R16 of rings) with some sort of styling to it (not just straight bands). So far I'm not finding many, so any direction on where to look would be awesome. These two look to be the best ones I've found so far, I'm liking the second one quite a bit but I want to make sure I'm not missing any others:

0.20 Carat TW, 10k White Gold Colour Couture Diamond Ring featuring Chenille and Silk Diamonds

0.24 Carat TW, Sterling Silver Colour Couture Diamond Ring featuring Chenille Diamonds

Also any suggestions on what to look for in smaller diamonds or other gemstones? Or is there not much to consider when they're so small?

Plus that should keep any warranty intact, I've seen a few places that will void the warranty completely if any work is done by anyone else.
Those are wedding bands brah. I'm pretty sure.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 12:55 AM   #158

They're listed as "fashion" rings apparently, I've literally been hitting "view all rings" on every site as I'm not finding anything even remotely close to what she likes when I look through engagement or bridal stuff.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Old 08-03-2016, 04:21 AM   #159
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
K guys the time has come, I've been actively looking for the right ring. I know exactly what she wants/loves and don't want to cheap out as it will be some thing she has for the rest of her life, and let's face it I've spent a lot more money on much more stupid things.

With that being said, I've searched BlueNile, been to Costco (Canada & US), Spence the list goes on. For what she wants (1carat center stone, halo ring in white gold) I'm looking at anything between 8200-20k.

To humour myself I looked on eBay and I found this..

1 85 Ct Round Cut D VS2 Diamond Solitaire Engagement Ring 18K White Gold | eBay

Please some one tell me why I shouldn't go with some thing like this. There are several sellers, all with hundreds to thousands of 100% positive feedback, excellent return policy
cdizzle_996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 06:25 AM   #160

Underscore, check out Cavalier in gastown, they deal with lots of different stones other than diamonds and make very nice engagement rings. I've bought jewelry from them before and have been very happy with the service and quality.

Cdizzle, the eBay link leads me to beleive the grading is very poor on the diamond because that is by far the cheapest I've ever seen anything close to that. I also have never heard oft he "clarity treatment" in the description. D color for any other retailer usually means $$$ and for the price, VS2 seems pretty good..

Just seems too good to be true imo compared to almost anywhere else. And as I previously mentioned, personally I wouldn't touch anything but GIA diamonds because the standard can be so different.

If she is set on 1.0CT you may have to make some sacrifices, but for me id probably just set a budget and get the best possible diamond for that budget
Old 08-03-2016, 07:34 AM   #161

I agree, which is why it has me second guessing it.

I almost feel like taking the risk, purchasing the ring and having it checked out by a reputable local jeweller.
Old 08-03-2016, 08:23 AM   #162

Buy it and worst case have it appraised and flip it?
Old 08-03-2016, 08:45 AM   #163

Double check the return policy but usually eBay, PayPal and your credit card should have you fairly well covered, worst case send it back? I'd want to know where they sourced it though, hell "100% Natural Earth Mined Certified Diamond" could be the name of a lab that makes diamonds (sounds stupid but I've seen things like this happen with other products).
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 08-03-2016, 09:08 AM   #164

Quote:
Double check the return policy but usually eBay, PayPal and your credit card should have you fairly well covered, worst case send it back? I'd want to know where they sourced it though, hell "100% Natural Earth Mined Certified Diamond" could be the name of a lab that makes diamonds (sounds stupid but I've seen things like this happen with other products).
That's the one thing about eBay, the return policy is one of the best.

I'm going to think on it, do some more reading and report back.
Old 08-09-2016, 02:46 PM   #165

After looking through hundreds of rings at a bunch of stores, both brick and mortar and online, I found the right style Tuesday, saw it in person Thursday, bought it Friday, and proposed last night. I won't bore you guys with the details but she said yes right away I'm pretty stoked, but now the really hard part begins.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 08-09-2016, 03:51 PM   #166
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,114 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:
After looking through hundreds of rings at a bunch of stores, both brick and mortar and online, I found the right style Tuesday, saw it in person Thursday, bought it Friday, and proposed last night. I won't bore you guys with the details but she said yes right away I'm pretty stoked, but now the really hard part begins.
congrats bud. let the real party start
Alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 05:38 PM   #167

Less than 24 hours in and I already completely understand the appeal of eloping
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 08-09-2016, 05:57 PM   #168

I too purchased a ring the other day!

Walked into Costco for a few things, $7000 later I found exactly what she was looking for.

I'm going to have the ring appraised and see the value.

Last edited by cdizzle_996; 08-09-2016 at 07:49 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-09-2016, 08:34 PM   #169
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Congrats!

How did the proposal go? Curious because it seems only a couple of days in between... doesn't seem like elaborate planning was required/done....

please share for noob education purposes... TIA!

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 09:13 PM   #170
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizzle_996 View Post
I too purchased a ring the other day!

Walked into Costco for a few things, $7000 later I found exactly what she was looking for.

I'm going to have the ring appraised and see the value.
Which Costco ring did you go for?
fml
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 12:38 AM   #171

Diana with a .90ct centre stone and 1.35ctw

Basically this with a little smaller diamond

Round Brilliant 1.45 ctw VS2 Clarity, I Color Diamond Platinum "Diana" Ring
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2016, 09:51 AM   #172
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,173 Posts
My issue with Costco rings is that they only offer one size (at least online) and my girlfriend's fingers are tiny - they're a size 4 IIRC.

Resizing is only +/- 1 size on the rings that they sell mostly because of the extra pave diamonds set on the side... argh!
fml
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:55 AM   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
Congrats!

How did the proposal go? Curious because it seems only a couple of days in between... doesn't seem like elaborate planning was required/done....

please share for noob education purposes... TIA!
Thanks! We've been together for over 6 1/2 years (living together the last 4ish) so we've both been thinking about it for quite a while and I figured it was time to actually do it. She's not the romantic type so I just got her to come for a walk in a nice park near her parents place under the guise of taking her parents dog for a walk and playing Pokemon Go . I brought my camera "to take pictures of the dog" (even though I'm a shit photographer and haven't used the thing in years) as an excuse to have a backpack because there's no way in hell you can hide those big stupid ring boxes in a pocket without it being brutally obvious. Then I just waited til we were sort of on our own, got the ring out, said a few words, got on one knee and asked the question.

It probably sounds way too basic for a lot of people but like I said she's not the romantic type and she's not a girly girl, what you're asking is supposed to be the most important part so I wasn't going to try and coordinate jets flying overhead and making a heart out of their contrails or something.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by underscore; 08-10-2016 at 11:04 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2016, 03:33 PM   #174
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
I wasn't going to try and coordinate jets flying
Nothing says love like 160db of jet powered fury rocketing past you at 700mph

Seriously though your way sounded pretty good. Congrats.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2016, 03:45 PM   #175

Thanks! I figure I'll save the jets for the actual wedding.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by: