REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 08-19-2016, 07:41 PM   #176
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
So for the guys that have bought rings... how much have you guys spent?

don't even have a woman yet... but what started out as a "ring budget"... is being ear marked for something else now.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 07:46 AM   #177
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,905 Times in 3,868 Posts
Mine was under $400 (Ben Moss going under helped a bit with that), and so far the wedding is on track to be in the low teen thousands. If you're single though I wouldn't worry about saving up now, since everyone is different what your future spouse would want could be all over the map.

Unfortunately it looks like Ben Moss has already taken down most of their site, by chance do any of you guys know if it's possible to pull up the cached versions of these pages? I was hoping to save the details on the ring before they totally closed but looks like I waited too long already. The one I got was the red version of one of these but I can't remember which one.

1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:

Last edited by underscore; 08-25-2016 at 07:56 AM.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 10:19 PM   #178
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Going through the process now. How did you guys pull the trigger on Blue Nile without seeing the diamond? I'm most worried about getting a diamond with the black dot pinpoint inclusions all over.
josayeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 10:26 PM   #179
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,753 Times in 3,868 Posts
Just buy at Costco. Return it if you don't like it LOL
Old 09-22-2016, 05:59 AM   #180
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by josayeee View Post
Going through the process now. How did you guys pull the trigger on Blue Nile without seeing the diamond? I'm most worried about getting a diamond with the black dot pinpoint inclusions all over.
I trusted them that their grades were what they say they are. If you get a grade that says you can't see imperfections with the naked eye then you most likely won't. If you email them them they'll even get someone to pull the diamond from the vault and check to make sure that it's up to your expectations. My experience with them was great and their diamond looked way better than anything I saw in the stores for similar prices.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-22-2016, 06:28 AM   #181

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
I trusted them that their grades were what they say they are. If you get a grade that says you can't see imperfections with the naked eye then you most likely won't. If you email them them they'll even get someone to pull the diamond from the vault and check to make sure that it's up to your expectations. My experience with them was great and their diamond looked way better than anything I saw in the stores for similar prices.
Thanks! Did you end up going with Ideal or Signature ideal?
Old 09-22-2016, 07:01 AM   #182
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
I went with a 0.9 carat Ideal
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-22-2016, 07:50 AM   #183
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
they are GIA graded, basically no where you go locally stocks GIA graded diamonds in house besides the high end spots.

I also went with Ideal, and exactly the same experiance at Markymark, the diamond was night and day to anything i saw in store, and still to this day 8 months later without a cleaning, the fire and shine is ridiculous
Old 09-22-2016, 04:05 PM   #184

Thanks guy! I'm surprised how easy it was to call them and have some questions answered and request for a picture. Feeling a lot better about using Blue Nile as oppose to a James Allen. Now it's a matter of getting the approximate ring size!
Old 09-23-2016, 07:00 PM   #185
in the butt

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,180 Posts
Blood diamond.
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 06:46 PM   #186

I am very happy with my Blue Nile diamond and ring. I ended up spending on the much lower end of my budget knowing my girl friend is super simple. I feel like I got the most bang for your buck as a local reputable retailer was charging about $2,500 more for a similar GIA loose diamond and band.

I was worried about the diamond being eye clean but Blue Nile was able to send me pictures of a few diamonds I was interested in. Also, they allowed me to reserve the diamonds I liked. The downsides to Blue Nile were that you can't see pictures of all of their stock and the pictures were not readily available so I ended up paying more for a higher clarity diamond to give myself some piece of mind. The service was great and I would recommend them to anyone here.

If you have the patience I recommend going to niceice.com and reading as much as you can about diamonds. The blog recommends a set of proportions to maximize light return. The owner, Todd, gave me his opinions on a few loose diamonds I had found on various sites with a thorough explanation. He can get pictures directly from the same vendors that sell to Blue Nile. I gave Todd an idea of what I was looking for and my budget and he initially recommended a Brian Gavin diamond and gave me a promo code for it. Unfortunately, he did the search in USD and I told him it was a bit out of my budget. He later recommended another Blue Nile diamond for me. By then I knew exactly what to look for in a diamond and was able to reserve one that met my new standards. He said that because I had reserved the diamond, he was not able to find it but he would have recommend that same one. I gave him the order number so he could take credit for making the sale.
Old 10-14-2016, 12:58 PM   #187
Rs has made me the man i am today!

This thread was awesome - thanks to everybody that contributed. I didn't end up going with Blue Nile (really thought long and hard about it) as I really wanted to see the stone in front of me first. I did, however, get a really good deal on a stone that I'm very very happy with. If anyone is looking and wants to purchase from somebody local where you can see it first, definitely check out Phera Diamonds. Major is great - tell him Brandon sent you.
sil-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 06:06 PM   #188
MiX iT Up!

I wish you guys posted prices of what you spent for what you got - just so noobs (like my futurself) have something to compare to.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 10-14-2016, 09:04 PM   #189
in the butt

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,180 Posts
im back for more

its not about how much you spend on the ring

its about how much you lose during the divorce
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 09:41 AM   #190

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
I wish you guys posted prices of what you spent for what you got - just so noobs (like my futurself) have something to compare to.
I ended up getting just over 1 carat, triple excellent (cut, symmetry and polish), F colour, SI1 clarity. It looks amazing and even with a scope, I can't see any of the inclusions (whereas I could see them with my naked eye on some diamonds rated with higher clarity). Diamond itself was < $9k.

And what makes it worth every penny? She said "Yes" last night!
Old 10-16-2016, 10:15 AM   #191
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
So for the guys that have bought rings... how much have you guys spent?

don't even have a woman yet... but what started out as a "ring budget"... is being ear marked for something else now.
I don't think there is any official ring budget, even the old adage of "3 months salary" is kind of a poor ideal to follow.

Really is comes down to picking something that you are happy with, and that your (hopefully future) wife will value. For some women, they value the bling factor... for others they value quality or thoughtfulness... for some, they value just the gesture and could care less about the ring.

Last edited by MrPhreak; 08-20-2017 at 01:54 PM.
MrPhreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 10:47 AM   #192
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
Spend what you feel is appropriate, she will love it.

If you have a girl that's going to act out because the rock isn't "big enough"... You have bigger problems. Spending more than an amount you're comfortable with won't be good - especially when every other dollar goes to living expenses and wedding plans.

I decided against platinum and happy I did because 5 months later it still doesn't have any marks on it like platinum would.

I went with signature ideal because it comes with the diamond magnifications without having to email blue nile and I could go through about 100 diamonds before choosing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 10:57 AM   #193

Last edited by MrPhreak; 08-20-2017 at 01:55 PM.
Old 10-16-2016, 11:15 AM   #194
MiX iT Up!

has anyone looked those "artisan" diamonds from Spence? keep hearing their commercials.....

Artisan diamonds .... it never existed before, it's created, just like your love ... Spence ... OOOOHHH YEAHHHH

Old 10-16-2016, 11:33 AM   #195
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,753 Times in 3,868 Posts
I know my girl will just be happy with whatever price lol. She had gone from Saying "when get married, blah blah blah" she now says "when we finally get married, blah blah blah". No doubt she'd say yes.

I'm planning to look around the 4-6k range. Trying to learn a lot, but so tempted to just shop at Costco. Plus that executive rebate cheque at the end of the year *drool*
Old 10-16-2016, 08:21 PM   #196

Quote:
has anyone looked those "artisan" diamonds from Spence? keep hearing their commercials.....

Artisan diamonds .... it never existed before, it's created, just like your love ... Spence ... OOOOHHH YEAHHHH
They are test tube diamonds, and I can kind of see the appeal for some... but at the same time, it is a fake, and you (and her) will always know it

Last edited by MrPhreak; 08-20-2017 at 01:55 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-17-2016, 09:47 AM   #197
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I have dealt with Whiteflash(similar to blue nile) they offered a little more discounts if you do like wire transfer.

I spent like $7000 US back then but the diamond quality was very good. Even went to Seattle to pick it up because they wanted to ship with FedEx and UPS. Hell no for their brokerage fees.
extracrunchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 11:16 AM   #198
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
bluenile shipped fedex international from seattle to my doorstep in 1 day from ordering date, and it had 0 duty or extra taxes.

they took care of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-17-2016, 03:27 PM   #199

When i went shopping I probably visited 20+ different stores. Of them all, Spence is by far the worst. I would never...EVER buy from them. Scam artists with aggressive sales tactics. They have zero integrity.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-18-2016, 09:47 PM   #200

Quote:
Originally Posted by sil-300 View Post
When i went shopping I probably visited 20+ different stores. Of them all, Spence is by far the worst. I would never...EVER buy from them. Scam artists with aggressive sales tactics. They have zero integrity.
Hearing this makes me sick. I absolutely hate dealing with commissioned sales people because you don't always know if you can believe what comes out of their mouth. Real estate agents will do what it takes to push you to close. Brokers will push certain mutual funds because it puts more money in their pockets. Employees at the malls push shitty phones because they get spiff from the manufacturer. end rant...

I don't think how much you spend matters too much but it also depends on the woman. If you are asking that women to marry you, you should already have a good idea of her spending habits and expectations. My mother is senior tax manager for a big firm. She said she would much rather have the cheaper ring and put the difference elsewhere.