REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2014, 01:48 PM   #26
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!
 
Nicotine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Rich-city
Posts: 1,870
Thanked 2,027 Times in 500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sho_bc View Post
Those are the ticket numbers, not the charge sections/wording.
still searching for original. moved recently so theres a jumble in my place
Advertisement
__________________
Build Thread Spotted

--------------------------
ONLY KA9 EVERY TIME.
--------------------------
Nicotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 05:26 PM   #27
RS Peace Officer
 
zulutango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vancouver Islan
Posts: 3,850
Thanked 1,623 Times in 678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicotine View Post
No, although you guys have nothing better to do i have a life outside this forum, i hadnt had the chance to get the info for you.

(will hunt for infractions when i find my papers)

And just for the record and to stay on point, this thread was NEVER about what i could have or should have done to avoid the ticket. Or peoples opinions on what happened that day, its about me having the same infraction twice on a single ticket. All your opinions on legality and how im an idiot are irrelivant, to protect the people i love i got a ticket and im happy to deal with it.

So if your not showing up in a delorean to take me back, stick to the question

A friend of mine actually does have a real Delorean...seriously. I'll see if I can get him to drop by. It's so real it came with some empty coke flaps in the glovebox...............
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2014, 08:40 PM   #28
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 4,922
Thanked 4,255 Times in 1,500 Posts
LOL he still doesn't answer the question, has to "find" the papers. I bet there was two separate infractions.
__________________
2017 F150 FX4 1/30/17

2007 Mustang GT 11/01/17

2016 Subaru WRX 6MT 04/25/16 - 02/25/17 (SOLD)

2014 Ford Mustang 06/26/13 - 04/25/16 (SOLD)

With Function, form will follow
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 08:42 PM   #29
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 42,036
Thanked 17,640 Times in 5,346 Posts
What reason would anyone have for driving without their lights on?
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 08:43 PM   #30
I bringith the lowerballerith
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: PR
Posts: 1,131
Thanked 250 Times in 128 Posts
Given that he had two consecutive VT numbers, its quite possible he got 4 or more. If he had enough to write out the VT numbers, he had enough to write out the charge sections and wording.
__________________
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 08:45 PM   #31
I bringith the lowerballerith
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: PR
Posts: 1,131
Thanked 250 Times in 128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
What reason would anyone have for driving without their lights on?
With new cars, its more and more common. People see the dash lights on, their daytime running lights on, and think that their headlights are on too. Not like with older cars when the dash wouldnt light up unless you turned on the headlights.
__________________
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2014, 08:59 PM   #32
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 42,036
Thanked 17,640 Times in 5,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sho_bc View Post
With new cars, its more and more common. People see the dash lights on, their daytime running lights on, and think that their headlights are on too. Not like with older cars when the dash wouldnt light up unless you turned on the headlights.
That's like saying you forgot to fasten your seatbelt because the car didn't do it for you
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 09:36 PM   #33
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday
 
DragonChi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: vancity
Posts: 5,283
Thanked 576 Times in 282 Posts
When cars start doing stuff for people, you bet your ass they will forget about it.
One day, cars will drive themselves, and we'll be the old people of the past that knew how to tap the brakes in a straight skid, or drive a manual.

I've done it once, when my DRLs were on. Just plain didn't notice.
__________________
DragonChi's BuySell rating

Last edited by DragonChi; 10-12-2014 at 09:43 PM.
DragonChi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 12:44 AM   #34
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
meme405's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,625
Thanked 7,179 Times in 2,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
That's like saying you forgot to fasten your seatbelt because the car didn't do it for you
I disagree, its not as blatant of a mistake. Every single time regardless of time or weather, you have to put on your seatbelt. But you might only have to turn on your headlights 50% of the time when you drive? Probably less given most people drive during the day most of the time, and you may be going from a car which has auto headlights to a car without them.

I'm not saying there is an excuse for driving without lights on, and Nicotine never gave an excuse for doing it other than the fact that it was an honest mistake, and its a mistake TONS of people make all the time. I see a couple cars every night driving without headlights on.

The truth is in the city, there is so many street lights and stuff, and with DTRLs, sometimes it might take a couple blocks before you realize. I can't say I haven't pulled out of a parking lot before realizing my lights weren't on.

Also when you factor the fact that he was likely dealing with drunk ass friends, doing stupid shit, or possibly getting sick in his car, can you really be that upset for him forgetting something like that?

Just take it easy guys, this thread is much more honest that the previous 10 threads combined. The guy came on here admitted his fault and said he was perfectly willing to accept the consequences as long as the ticket was amended to make sense, having two infractions for the same thing on the same ticket sounds like BS to me, but until he produces the ticket we can't be sure.
__________________

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2014, 01:12 AM   #35
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 42,036
Thanked 17,640 Times in 5,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
But you might only have to turn on your headlights 50% of the time when you drive?
When it's dark, 100% of the time

I ask because it is one of those things that really bother me, when I see cars driving around with their headlights off (even worse out here where they don't have compulsory DRLs). To me it's one of those things where, if it's dark enough that you don't notice your headlights should be on, there's probably a shit ton of other things you aren't noticing when you drive. Even with street lamps, headlights aren't for your benefit only. And it's not like they light up the roads that much anyway.

It's a well deserved ticket IMO, and if anything everyone should keep this thread in mind when driving, if for some reason it's not obvious enough when the sun goes down.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 01:56 AM   #36
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
meme405's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,625
Thanked 7,179 Times in 2,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
When it's dark, 100% of the time


Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
It's a well deserved ticket IMO, and if anything everyone should keep this thread in mind when driving, if for some reason it's not obvious enough when the sun goes down.
Good thing Nicotine never even said anything about not deserving the ticket, in fact he never complained even a bit about the fact that he got written up for it. When I know for a fact many people have come on here with FAR more reasonable tickets and bitched about it.

Like I said, yes the ticket was deserved, and yes it is really dumb to drive with your headlights off, but were humans, and inherently make mistakes. In this case his mistake was pretty minor in the grand scheme of things, like I said before its a mistake hundreds of others make every fucking day.
__________________

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2014, 02:08 AM   #37
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 42,036
Thanked 17,640 Times in 5,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post




Good thing Nicotine never even said anything about not deserving the ticket, in fact he never complained even a bit about the fact that he got written up for it. When I know for a fact many people have come on here with FAR more reasonable tickets and bitched about it.

Like I said, yes the ticket was deserved, and yes it is really dumb to drive with your headlights off, but were humans, and inherently make mistakes. In this case his mistake was pretty minor in the grand scheme of things, like I said before its a mistake hundreds of others make every fucking day.
Who said anyone claimed it wasn't deserved?

I was just wondering why people do it, other than being "forgetful" because TBH that is a retarded excuse.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 11:47 AM   #38
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!
 
Nicotine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Rich-city
Posts: 1,870
Thanked 2,027 Times in 500 Posts
actually all i can find is my confirmation of my dispute which is why i only have the 3 ticket numbers, secondly and again this is not about the opinions of me having my lights off because that part of the story is irrelevant or me deciding to take care of my friends. it was the same offence twice thats the only reason i made this thread. there would be no point otherwise, your assumptions on what happened and how these tickts came to be are again "appreciatied" but not needed.

I made a mistake and got a ticket, and im not pleading innocence or saying that i was treated unfair
but it seems the same way i made a mistake, so did the officer and wrote the same offence twice on my ticket. anyone can make a mistake, no body is pooping roses here.
__________________
Build Thread Spotted

--------------------------
ONLY KA9 EVERY TIME.
--------------------------
Nicotine is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2014, 12:59 PM   #39
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
meme405's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,625
Thanked 7,179 Times in 2,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Who said anyone claimed it wasn't deserved?
Oh you know maybe I was confused when you posted this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
It's a well deserved ticket IMO
----

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I was just wondering why people do it, other than being "forgetful" because TBH that is a retarded excuse.
We all forget stuff or have momentary lapse in judgement. If your this offended by someone forgetting to turn on their headlights I would love to see how mental you would go on someone who decided to drive home drunk...

Your actually the one who is retarded, I posted the same thing 3 times, and you still don't seem to get that were all humans, we make mistakes and forget stuff. So just please leave this topic alone, so Nicotine can get the answer he needs.

If you really want to keep discussing drivers without their headlights on go to shitty drivers thread where people post about them every day.
__________________

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2014, 01:25 PM   #40
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here
 
hchang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: West Coast
Posts: 4,773
Thanked 2,952 Times in 682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post

Your actually the one who is retarded, I posted the same thing 3 times, and you still don't seem to get that were all humans, we make mistakes and forget stuff. So just please leave this topic alone, so Nicotine can get the answer he needs.
* You're
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2014, 05:18 PM   #41
RS Peace Officer
 
zulutango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vancouver Islan
Posts: 3,850
Thanked 1,623 Times in 678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hchang View Post
* You're


In Days of Yore, you're more likely to find people using the correct word if you use your dictionary. Yore,your,you're!!!! Sounds like the Swedish Chef on the Muppets.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=swedi...ef%3B432%3B616
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2014, 06:03 PM   #42
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 42,036
Thanked 17,640 Times in 5,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
Oh you know maybe I was confused when you posted this:



----



We all forget stuff or have momentary lapse in judgement. If your this offended by someone forgetting to turn on their headlights I would love to see how mental you would go on someone who decided to drive home drunk...

Your actually the one who is retarded, I posted the same thing 3 times, and you still don't seem to get that were all humans, we make mistakes and forget stuff. So just please leave this topic alone, so Nicotine can get the answer he needs.

If you really want to keep discussing drivers without their headlights on go to shitty drivers thread where people post about them every day.
My point is that I see people driving without headlights on all the time. Especially out here, where they don't even have DRLs. So I thought there was some reason people purposefully did it. I guess everyone is just forgetful. And blind.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 09:37 AM   #43
My homepage has been set to RS
 
melloman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: #604
Posts: 2,253
Thanked 2,439 Times in 806 Posts
"Driving Contrary to Restrictions" can show up on the same ticket multiple times..

Ex:
No N displayed.
Too many passengers.
Blood Alcohol level above 0.00.
__________________
Quote:
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 11:46 AM   #44
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
meme405's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,625
Thanked 7,179 Times in 2,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post
"Driving Contrary to Restrictions" can show up on the same ticket multiple times..

Ex:
No N displayed.
Too many passengers.
Blood Alcohol level above 0.00.
I assume one of the 2 "too many passenger" charges is for "driving contrary to restrictions".

Is there another offence under which he could be charged for too many passengers for?

Otherwise Nicotine is in the right, you can't be charged under contrary to restrictions twice for the same Too many passengers offence.
__________________

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 02:48 PM   #45
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,506
Thanked 102 Times in 61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
My point is that I see people driving without headlights on all the time. Especially out here, where they don't even have DRLs. So I thought there was some reason people purposefully did it. I guess everyone is just forgetful. And blind.
Agree. I see this happen too often. I do see that most of the time it's on a newer car that has the whole dash light up once you turn it on. Then there's only one small green light on your dash indicating you turned on your lights.

Of course, you won't see anything in your car other than your gauge cluster cause the radio and climate control lights won't light up till you turn on your lights.

What I hate is all these new cars that have auto-on headlights. I know of people who have that and when they switch to someone else's car that doesn't have that feature, they'll always forget to turn it on. I actually always turned off my lights even with the auto headlights cause it's just out of habit that I just automatically turn them off and then on again when they are needed.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 03:04 PM   #46
I bringith the lowerballerith
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: PR
Posts: 1,131
Thanked 250 Times in 128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
Is there another offence under which he could be charged for too many passengers for?
If there are more passenger than there are seatbelts, thats a separate offence.

Quote:
Otherwise Nicotine is in the right, you can't be charged under contrary to restrictions twice for the same Too many passengers offence.
You still can't say he is "in the right" or not, because he hasnt told us what he was charged with yet.
__________________
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 07:00 PM   #47
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
meme405's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,625
Thanked 7,179 Times in 2,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sho_bc View Post
You still can't say he is "in the right" or not, because he hasnt told us what he was charged with yet.
That's why I said "OTHERWISE", if there isn't two separate offences listed for having too many people Nicotine is right. In that instance I covered my ass both ways. So yes I am right....

Also I'm 99.99999% sure his RL has seat belts for 5 people, so I don't think that was the problem...
__________________

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 07:03 PM   #48
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
meme405's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,625
Thanked 7,179 Times in 2,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wing_woo View Post
Agree. I see this happen too often. I do see that most of the time it's on a newer car that has the whole dash light up once you turn it on. Then there's only one small green light on your dash indicating you turned on your lights.

Of course, you won't see anything in your car other than your gauge cluster cause the radio and climate control lights won't light up till you turn on your lights.

What I hate is all these new cars that have auto-on headlights. I know of people who have that and when they switch to someone else's car that doesn't have that feature, they'll always forget to turn it on. I actually always turned off my lights even with the auto headlights cause it's just out of habit that I just automatically turn them off and then on again when they are needed.
I can't tell if you're just communicating what you mean wrong, or I am misunderstanding, but this has been discussed on here in the shitty drivers thread. If I turn the headlights in my Camry to the first position after Auto, the cluster, radio, and climate control lights, all come on exactly as if my headlights were on, but my headlights are not on. I have to turn the switch one more position before the headlights come on as well.

My point being there is actually a position on MANY cars, which allows me to have all my dash lights on but no headlights.
__________________

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 09:12 AM   #49
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,506
Thanked 102 Times in 61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
I can't tell if you're just communicating what you mean wrong, or I am misunderstanding, but this has been discussed on here in the shitty drivers thread. If I turn the headlights in my Camry to the first position after Auto, the cluster, radio, and climate control lights, all come on exactly as if my headlights were on, but my headlights are not on. I have to turn the switch one more position before the headlights come on as well.

My point being there is actually a position on MANY cars, which allows me to have all my dash lights on but no headlights.
Ok, I meant more like some shitty drivers don't turn any on at all for various reasons such as thinking DRLs are good enough or not noticing cause they can see their speedometer clearly or in some cases, they are so used to their auto-on.

The ones I see with no lights on completely do not have any lights turned on except for their daytime running lights. They don't even have their taillights on which is how I know they either forgot to turn them on or are ignorant to the fact that daytime running lights are for daytime only.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 10:13 AM   #50
Everyone wants a piece of R S...
 
rriggi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Santos, USA
Posts: 372
Thanked 505 Times in 135 Posts
No DRLs, and honestly its the best reminder for me to turn on my lights when its dark..

Now its a habit which ever car I get into I use the switch to turn lights on regardless of DRLs
rriggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net