REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 10-15-2014, 11:39 AM   #51
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rriggi View Post
No DRLs, and honestly its the best reminder for me to turn on my lights when its dark..
Not to direct this at you specifically rriggi, but a bunch of you earlier were hating on OP for forgetting to turn on his headlights, and your solution to that problem is to run around without DRLs, something that is legally required for all cars in BC per the MVA.

Do you realize how hypocritical of a solution that is?
Advertisement

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 12:12 PM   #52
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

I never suggested it as a solution, and no its not required of ALL cars either. All I said is its the best reminder for ME to turn my lights on. I have and had cars that needed them, and didn't need them.
rriggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 03:25 PM   #53
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rriggi View Post
I never suggested it as a solution, and no its not required of ALL cars either. All I said is its the best reminder for ME to turn my lights on. I have and had cars that needed them, and didn't need them.
all cars sold in canada have required DRL's since 1991 iirc. that's why any vehicle imported needs to be retrofitted with them to pass inspection.

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 05:37 PM   #54

Actually, anything with a build date as of December 1989 must be equipped with DRLs as a federal requirement, and in BC anything as of January 1990 must have DRL.

I work with the BCVI program, and I can tell you the most updated version of the manual has 40 some pages on just light requirements lol
Old 10-15-2014, 06:45 PM   #55
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thread hijacked.

Is there anything in that manual about people running around with high beams or overly bright beams? There is nothing more annoying then getting blasted in the face with bright lights while trying to make a turn.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:46 PM   #56
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonChi View Post
Thread hijacked.

Is there anything in that manual about people running around with high beams or overly bright beams? There is nothing more annoying then getting blasted in the face with bright lights while trying to make a turn.
Yes, its illegal to not dim your highbeams if driving in an area with oncoming traffic.

Also it is illegal to have uncovered offroad lights above hood level.

And it is illegal to have more then a select number of lights on the front of your vehicle illuminated on public roads, IIRC the magic number is 6, two headlights, two fog lights, and two auxilliary lights.

Like rriggi said there is over 40 pages in the MVA about lighting, pretty much anything you find annoying about cars lights on the roadway are guaranteed to be illegal.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 02:11 PM   #57

^^^ just to clarify

These are vehicle standards I'm talking about, not the MVA. So there's nothing in it about it being illegal to use high beams and what not. There is several pages on beam patterns though and what is allowed and what is not.

But back on topic now
Old 10-24-2014, 01:51 PM   #58
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,914 Times in 3,874 Posts
It's pretty easy to drive without lights in the city, although I've only done it once. A lot of cars have a setting before all the lights come on where the gauges and such light up but not the headlights and taillights. So if you're not paying attention and stop moving the switch 1 tick too early you won't notice they're off (and why people are honking) until you turn onto a dark street.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 07:04 PM   #59
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

next time call a taxi. it's not worse losing your license just so your buddies don't have to pay. Or make multiple trips

Last edited by BrownBear; 11-02-2014 at 07:47 PM.
BrownBear is offline   Reply With Quote