REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-24-2014, 05:49 PM   #51
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
if there's one thing you shouldn't trust, it's eye witness accounts. They are notoriously faulty, and unless this one guy's statements are corroborated by another source, I find it difficult to take them for what they are.

good find on the video though -- Love how immediately after they saw "was that shots?" The camera falls away from the action -- Classic
completely agreed, eye witness stuff is quite faulty. Wish that van wasn't in the way of the action.
Advertisement
van_city23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 06:15 PM   #52
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
It's started cop car smashed, bullets fired, tear gas in the air. Obama asking for calm.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:13 PM   #53
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by van_city23 View Post
here's an article with a video that someone captured. The video doesn't really show what happened though. Things witnesses are saying does shed some light.

Witness video captures moment Vancouver police open fire on man - British Columbia - CBC News
Too bad the video was filmed with a potato.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:40 PM   #54
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,139 Times in 7,148 Posts
Its unfortunate the situation the police are left in, especially with the social media factors involved. Their lives are on the line, no those of us that criticize. Its not to say they shouldn't be scrutiny, however, no matter what the situation, and how little someone knows they always think they would have handled it better.
Shoot someone? Why didn't they use a taser.
Use a taser? Why not use nightsticks.
Use a night stick? Why not subdue him with hand on hand combat tactics.
Punch someone? Why not reason with them.
Everyone always cries foul and demands the lower of the aggression no matter how much force they use. What happens when that cop hesitates and someone shoots them first, stabs them first, SMASHES THEIR HEAD IN WITH A 2x4, etc. Then everyone is left asking "why didn't the cop shoot?" "Why wouldn't he protect himself?" "Why didn't they kill him before he killed that innocent bystander?"
This was suicide by cop. No one was diffusing that situation and the person that was killed unfortunately was the only person that could have prevented this from happening, and for conscious or unconscious reasons, they didn't bother. I'd rather have the person thats lying on the pavement be the one with the weapon than a victim of an attack.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-24-2014, 08:04 PM   #55
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

drunkhomer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-24-2014, 08:18 PM   #56
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Yes their lives are on the line. They signed up to do the job no one forced them or said you won't get into situations where shit is going to go down. No one said this job meant your life is going to be safe all the time. Firefighters don't let people burn to death in buildings because there's a chance they might get burned going in.

Strap a GoPro camera on every cop and be done with it. No more he said she said stories every interaction will be there for all to see.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 08:28 PM   #57
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,733 Times in 696 Posts
I generally like to think the cops in the 604 are pretty reasonable. If the officer shot the guy, i'm sure it was for a legitimate reason.

But, since there is no definitive evidence, who knows.
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:16 PM   #58
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
It's started cop car smashed, bullets fired, tear gas in the air. Obama asking for calm.
Fuck obama he can't tell us Canadians what to do.
We riot over hockey games, the fuck they know bout dat

(i think you meant to post this in ferguson thread he he)
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 12:44 AM   #59
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
I think all police cars should have riot shields in the trunk. Something that provides heavy protection for officers to engage in situations like this.

If tasers aren't going to work against puffy jackets, a few officers with riot shields could effectively get close enough and pepper spray him or probably push him back so he loses balance and falls down, making him vulnerable then.

With 3-4 officers with proper training on riot shield usage, they can "snuff out" a crazy with a 2x4...
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM

Last edited by AzNightmare; 11-25-2014 at 01:00 AM.
AzNightmare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 06:28 AM   #60
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
I think all police cars should have riot shields in the trunk. Something that provides heavy protection for officers to engage in situations like this.

If tasers aren't going to work against puffy jackets, a few officers with riot shields could effectively get close enough and pepper spray him or probably push him back so he loses balance and falls down, making him vulnerable then.

With 3-4 officers with proper training on riot shield usage, they can "snuff out" a crazy with a 2x4...
There just isn't room in the VPD's operating budget to equip every officer or vehicle with a taser/conducted electrical weapon or riot shields. There was already a shortage in the budget to hire enough officers and the VPD just announced a few staffing cuts a few days ago to stay within their budget.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 11:41 AM   #61
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
they have guns and you don't have bulletproof skin so the goal is to stay the fuck alive. It doesn't matter whether the police were right or wrong in this situation...all that should be on your mind is not getting you ass shot and you do that by going "Yes, officer." rather than "FUCK THE POLICE! THIS IS POLICE BRUTALITY!!".
You idiot. Obviously peoples self-entitlement outweigh logic and reason.

That is why so many people go running in the dark wearing all back with headphones in and run thru intersections without stopping and looking. Because it doesn't matter that when a truck meets a bag of meat, the truck ALWAYS wins the game of physics. The pedestrian is always in the right, so they win, regardless if they're dead.
Old 11-25-2014, 12:33 PM   #62
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
I'm pretty sure I can stop a 51 year old with a 2x4. Just gimme a shield or a rake or something.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-25-2014, 01:14 PM   #63
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
I'm pretty sure I can stop a 51 year old with a 2x4. Just gimme a shield or a rake or something.

We live in a world that is too fucking PC

For our police forces, we should be hiring every male who passes a psychological and physical test over 6'2 and pay them 100k a year to be able to deal with threats

Fuck sometimes I like to fight, it is a HUGE rush that lasts for weeks, I'm 6'3 and if I had a few people with me and a 3 foot long rubber club I would love to beat the shit out of someone with a 2x4 if I knew I wouldn't seriously hurt them by disarming them

Trouble is, we are too PC. We hire 5'2 asian bitches as police officers and expect them to be able to take out a drugged up 6'2 dude who has hit the juice, so what does that mean? Lethal force.
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 01:20 PM   #64
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post

If this were Reddit I'd buy you gold
Old 11-25-2014, 01:58 PM   #65
Banned (ABWS)

In Utah the police kill more than criminals http://gawker.com/police-are-killing...lse-1662758664
Maybe we can beat them

Last edited by Nomomo; 11-25-2014 at 02:10 PM.
Nomomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 02:10 PM   #66
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomomo View Post
In Utah the police kill more than criminals Police Are Killing More People Than Almost Anyone Else in Utah

You just linked Gawker, which is pretty much the worst online news source possible. Nick Denton is one of the worst homosexuals in the entire online news industry. Do NOT trust anything Gawker posts.
Old 11-25-2014, 04:49 PM   #67
Banned (ABWS)

Take your pick master of the interwebs

utah police kill more - Google Search
Nomomo is offline   Reply With Quote