REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-22-2014, 08:15 PM   #76
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
I'm starting to think I might have a faulty Suretap sim. Wallet won't register on my Note 2. I even unrooted the phone and am running the latest version and still it won't register my wallet.
Tried the sim on a stock S4 and it too won't register.

Gonna email Rogers tonight.
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 02:50 PM   #77
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
For the people that have actually spent the money already... where have you been able to use it?

I have had no luck getting it to work at any place I tried it.

I've tried a couple Safeways, the one on Broadway and Commercial and the one at Oakridge, and the McDonald's at Kingsway and Victoria.

I feel like a tool when I hold my phone up to try paying and it doesn't work.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 03:47 PM   #78
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 6,994 Times in 1,884 Posts
Tried it at Tim Hortons, McDonalds, H&M and Starbucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 03:47 PM   #79
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

^ change it to a visa/Mastercard gc. I used the self checkout at richmond superstore. 3 x 25 dollar gc. I still have 13 or so dollars balance. Hold up your phone on their machine.
MM4RCO is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-29-2014, 03:48 PM   #80
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
After multiple tries of adding the card, finally it worked on my wife's S3.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 04:58 PM   #81
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,212 Times in 188 Posts
Anyone find anything that actually fixes these issues or just repeated attempts? I am still awaiting a second callback from Rogers with potential solution.
smaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 05:18 PM   #82
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Nothing for me. I even flashed stock firmware onto my phone to try to get the wallet to load. Waiting for Roger's reply to my call and email.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 07:24 PM   #83
RS controls my life!

spend both my wife and mine $100 on the xbox one refurbished at EBgame. Instant $200 dollars off @$349.99 plus Just dance for the kids... best xmas gift from Rogers in a long long time
209.247.83.192:27015
JackAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 11:35 PM   #84
The RS Freebie guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM4RCO View Post
^ change it to a visa/Mastercard gc. I used the self checkout at richmond superstore. 3 x 25 dollar gc. I still have 13 or so dollars balance. Hold up your phone on their machine.
Probably the best suggestion yet... use self checkout so that I don't have to feel embarrassed if it doesn't work.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-30-2014, 05:13 PM   #85
The RS Freebie guru

Quote:
Man... I'm getting pretty pissed off this with suretap thing. I think they better rename it veryunsuretap, because I tap and tap and it never works.

Tried it today at the self checkout at the Metrotown Superstore and it just wouldn't work.

I don't even know who to contact to get help with this.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:02 PM   #86
I STILL don't get it

got mine.

tried it at dimsum (golden swan on victoria), pizza hut, purdy's at metrotown, mcdonald's, so far so good.

it seems to have an issues when you line up the top of the phone to the top of the debit terminal machine. one thing i changed was that i put the center of my phone on top of the screen of the terminal.

also, i've found that it almost doesn't ever work when you have the timer counting down already before you put your phone over the terminal. try putting the phone on the terminal first before pressing the "pay now" button.

all of this works fine with a thick ass spigen case on an s5.
entrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 08:13 PM   #87
無敵

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post
Man... I'm getting pretty pissed off this with suretap thing. I think they better rename it veryunsuretap, because I tap and tap and it never works.

Tried it today at the self checkout at the Metrotown Superstore and it just wouldn't work.

It's quite glitchy to be honest. I've had it not work a few times at places it used to work.

For sure Superstore works though, but use the Self Checkout in case it doesn't and takes awhile.

muteki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 09:34 PM   #88
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 6,994 Times in 1,884 Posts
Haven't had issues when it comes to payment going through. Had to do it twice a couple of times but that's about it. I'm down to my last $20 or so haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 07:45 AM   #89
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post

make sure your nfc is on and your pressing pay now on the app. I also took off my battery door from my note 3 and rubbed the back on the check-out machine. worked perfectly!
MM4RCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 02:07 PM   #90
The RS Freebie guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by muteki View Post
For sure Superstore works though, but use the Self Checkout in case it doesn't and takes awhile.
Quote:
make sure your nfc is on and your pressing pay now on the app. I also took off my battery door from my note 3 and rubbed the back on the check-out machine. worked perfectly!
I already did all this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by entrax View Post
also, i've found that it almost doesn't ever work when you have the timer counting down already before you put your phone over the terminal. try putting the phone on the terminal first before pressing the "pay now" button.
I'm going to try this next time.
Old 12-31-2014, 03:06 PM   #91
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by entrax View Post

^this
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 11:39 AM   #92
Rs has made me the man i am today!

worked for me a Richmond superstore with a Note 4...just went to cs and asked for 2 $50...lady said good luck when I held my phone to it and went through pretty quick.
cctw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 08:56 PM   #93
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
Does it have to be 2 separate 50 dollar transactions? And it said the purchase fee is 5 bucks. Can you split the payment so you pay 50 with the prepaid Mastercard and pay the 5 bucks with your debit?

I asked the cashier at Safeway oakridge if their system takes suretap payment and she hesitantly and some what confused look and said no.

Edit: wtf. I went to the superstore at Rupert. Went up to customer service and asked for visa gc. Lady said they can only take debit cash or credit chip and they don't take rogers payment. They only take their own pc brand and td. Not sure if she meant credit card or debit by that. I asked her if it's the entire superstore chain like that and she said yes. Is she fucking lying out of her ass?

Last edited by SoNaRWaVe; 01-02-2015 at 09:33 PM.
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 10:20 PM   #94
The RS Freebie guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNaRWaVe View Post
Does it have to be 2 separate 50 dollar transactions? And it said the purchase fee is 5 bucks. Can you split the payment so you pay 50 with the prepaid Mastercard and pay the 5 bucks with your debit?

I asked the cashier at Safeway oakridge if their system takes suretap payment and she hesitantly and some what confused look and said no.

Edit: wtf. I went to the superstore at Rupert. Went up to customer service and asked for visa gc. Lady said they can only take debit cash or credit chip and they don't take rogers payment. They only take their own pc brand and td. Not sure if she meant credit card or debit by that. I asked her if it's the entire superstore chain like that and she said yes. Is she fucking lying out of her ass?
Don't buy prepaid Mastercards or Visas because of the extra fee... just buy gift cards.

She probably just doesn't know what she's talking about. If they accept their own PC Mastercard, they accept all Mastercards.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:33 PM   #95
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
yea i might just buy the restaurant gc at superstore. can you use all $100 all at once or do you have to do separate transactions? i forgot where i read it or heard it that there were some sort of transaction limit depending where you go.

the only problem with gift cards is that there isn't really anything i like lol
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 06:52 AM   #96
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Mine just says it's pending...it's been like this for about an hour or two now.
Anyone else had this issue? It was runnin just fine until I got to the card part. Note 3
Old 01-03-2015, 05:35 PM   #97
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Just worked for me on an s3. Said pending for about an hour, then failed. Tried again and it worked within 15 mins.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:18 PM   #98
The RS Freebie guru

Wow. I finally figured out why I've been having such problems trying to use suretap.

For the Note 2, the NFC component is actually on the back cover, and I've been using a replacement back cover that doesn't have the NFC component.

Never thought I'd need the original back cover for NFC to work. Mind blown.