REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-29-2015, 11:46 PM   #1
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Be careful with your deposit

Recently, I had a very bad experience when I brought a car in Richmond Nissan. I gonna buy one used vehicle and paid $ 1000 as deposit, which they told me is refundable, to the dealer. However, before I left the finance manager (FM) office, she required me to sign another document to agree this deposit is non-refundable if they reach all terms of contract. But, my sales told me this is just a general additional document in the process which I need not to worry about. The salesman told me that my deposit is definitely refundable.

When I back home, the finance manager (FM) called me that my finance application is not approved because I don't have enough credit. She persuaded me to purchase this car by cash. Because I really wanna buy that car, so I agreed with her idea. However, my wife told me that we don't have enough money to pay off that car after she came back home.

Next day morning, I called my sale next day to explain my finance problem cause I can't buy this car and asked him to return my deposit. He said no problem he would do it in afternoon after he met the finance manager. Around the 6 pm, there was nobody contacted me, so I called the sale again ask why you still not refund my deposit? He told me he already talked with FM, and she would contact ASAP. Until the end of day, there was nobody contact me again. One thing more very interesting, I tried to call my sales again, he didn't pick up my call anymore in contrast with he kept active contact with me while I hadn't made decision on the purchase. I really disappointed with that sales and finance manager.

This morning, I finally reached that FM and asked her to return my deposit. Do you know what she said? That's absolutely ridiculous. She said we can't return your deposit because you've already signed the additional agreement regarding the deposit is non-refundable. I told her that my sales had told me this is just an additional agreement, your company would return my deposit. See, there is Cheating-1 here. Then FM said I never heard about that. I said okay, the additional agreement said that I can get my money if the dealer can't reach all my requirements which including the finance application that actually is not approved by bank. I think everything is very clearly here now and I think I'm very friend and reasonable guy. Do you know what FM say? That beautiful lady said you've already agreed that you were willing to pay by chase on the phone. Oh my god, I told FM that just one occasional idea which is fully considered by me and my wife who really know the finance situation of my family. Although I told FM I don't have the money to pay off this car, she insisted that she wouldn't return my deposit because our chat has changed the term of the additional contract. Please be careful here, she said that our " CHAT" has changed the original additional contract, which is a document without any written change and signature. I really doubt her IQ because she think that a CHAT, not a legal chat with record, can change a written document? Absolutely, "CHEATING" again here. How do you think?

I disputed with the finance manager and told her I gonna find a lawyer, she told me you can do anything but I wouldn't return your deposit. Then I contacted BC Motor Vehicle Sales Authority to ask for help. The nice officer told me I am absolutely right and he can help me to sue them. Okay, I did every documents and sent to him. One interesting happens, when I dialed back Richmond Nissan in Automall to question the store manager about my issue, they told me they agree to refund my deposit.

Finally, I went to that awfully store to get my refund. When I came into the store, that salesmen, who never gets my phone again after second day, smiled to me and said " you see, I promised that we will refund your money", which really disgusted me.

That salesmen and finance manager are really Cheater. Everyone should be careful with your deposit and Richmond Nissan.
Advertisement

Last edited by peter898; 01-30-2015 at 12:22 AM.
peter898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 11:55 PM   #2
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,815 Times in 3,329 Posts
Tbh, there is only one condition I could think of, that the dealer has the right to hold your deposit: Special order / specific cars.

Otherwise, like I tell all of my customers: Why am I supposed to take your money, when I don't sell you a car.

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2015, 11:58 PM   #3
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

illegal.VSA rules that all deposits are fully refundable. Does not matter if they had to ship the vehicle from a different dealer or do a factory order
brrrz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2015, 12:08 AM   #4
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Lol the finance manager was bluffing.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2015, 12:10 AM   #5
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
As mentioned above, all deposits are fully refundable. If they told you to sign something that stated something along the lines of a deposit not being refundable as you have written in your post, why the hell would you sign it? I would still regard something written on paper with your signature on it as MUCH more significant than anything anyone says by word, regardless of whatever your sales told you.

Quote:
she required me to sign another document to agree this deposit is non-refundable if they reach all terms of contract.
Shady practices by the dealership perhaps, but never sign anything you don't agree with, which I assume you did with the way you are writing the post.

Quote:
She said we can't return your deposit because you've already signed the additional agreement regarding the deposit is non-refundable. I told her that my sales had told me this is just an additional agreement, your company would return my deposit. See, there is Cheating
Cheating is probably not the right term, more like shady and illegal as mentioned above.

Quote:
I broke up with the finance manager and told her I gonna find a lawyer
This sentence made me lol, you guys in a relationship or something
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2015, 12:20 AM   #6
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Thanks everyone. My English is not very good. Thanks for your correction.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:21 AM   #7
RS Lurker, I don't post!

haha, sorry for the wrong words. SO which word I should use?
Old 01-30-2015, 12:59 AM   #8
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,751 Times in 1,182 Posts
Just go and tell the manager to return the deposit or you are going to blow this case wide-open to every media (traditional and online) once you file complain with the police and file this case in small claim court. Whether or not they still want to save their reputation while they still can, it's up to them.

As many have mentioned, deposit is fully refundable by law. Well, at least there are quite a bit of steps required by law to be non-refundable. Even if you sign another piece of paper, it does not mean such a contract can go beyond the law. The basis of contract law is that any terms that are deemed illegal cannot be enforced.

On court, they would have to prove the damage you caused to them and how such if they were not listed in the contract and explained to you fully.

http://www.canada.com/story_print.ht...0a9af&sponsor=
Old 01-30-2015, 01:02 AM   #9
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Thanks for everyone, I really appreciate your ideas. Thank you very much.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:05 AM   #10
2 Wheelin' Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
Spoiler!
They already refunded his deposit
Jas29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 01:24 AM   #11
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,399 Times in 396 Posts
I lost count....is this the 3rd or 4th scam thread of the week?
v_tec is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2015, 01:39 AM   #12
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Contacting BBB is also another route you could have gone.
i don't think i ever played a game as a kid where you punch each other in the dick.
J-Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 05:57 AM   #13
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Also disclose the name of the salesperson and FM
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2015, 06:22 AM   #14
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter898 View Post
When I came into the store, that salesmen, who never gets my phone again after second day, smiled to me and said " you see, I promised that we will refund your money", which really disgusted me.
wow, first thought that came to mind was that guy's pic should be photoshopped with the scumbag meme hat.

another richmond dealership story

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 06:42 AM   #15
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Sorry but... why would you sign something?

Even if it is "just another document" it CAN be binding. I'm interested in what that document EXACTLY said, and if it did mention anything about having that despoit be binded. (With or without a sale)

I've learned from all the horror stories from shady Kingsway/King George dealers, and ICBC, that you NEVER sign something until you are 100% satisfied with what is in the contract.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 07:57 AM   #16
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter898 View Post
smiled to me and said " you see, I promised that we will refund your money"
I don't know if I could've resisted:

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 08:14 AM   #17
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Unfortunately this practice is quite common in the industry. Never sign anything that says your deposit is non-refundable. According to the VSA all deposits are refundable unless otherwise stated, which is why dealerships make you sign that form. The VSA has more power over a motor dealer than BBB in terms of sanctioning and discipline.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 02:43 PM   #18
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

ppl like that FM and sales guy boils my blood, fuking cunts needs to be bitch slapped
you! is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2015, 04:24 PM   #19
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
So... wanna point out which of them you dealt with?
The Pan Pacific Nissan Richmond Team | Pan Pacific Nissan Richmond
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2015, 04:41 PM   #20
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

If they do not make amends try this:

Spoiler!
NotRevSeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 04:54 PM   #21
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Your deposit agreement likely said something along the lines of not refundable unless unable to secure financing or the vehicle agreed upon. They were unable to secure you financing, therefore it should be refundable.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 06:46 PM   #22
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRevSeen View Post
If they do not make amends try this:

Spoiler!
Did you even read the thread? they refunded it in the end because VSA gave OP a hand.
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2015, 07:43 PM   #23
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Yeah, so watch your deposits guys.

Or before you know it...

Spoiler!

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7

Last edited by fliptuner; 01-30-2015 at 08:02 PM.
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: