REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2015, 05:43 PM   #101
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
meowjinboo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 552
Thanked 269 Times in 121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Maybe don't buy a dog from Europe and get a dog from the pound. It's not like the dog from the pound is going to love you less.
people get dogbreeds that fit their lifestyle.

live in a condo? Get a small dog.

Have a big house with lots of yard space?

Get an active dog.

Different dog breeds have different energy levels, attention spans, attention needed etc.
Advertisement
meowjinboo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2015, 07:19 PM   #102
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 807
Thanked 574 Times in 129 Posts
no point arguing with Manic! anymore... he wins everytime you try a rebuttal. he could care less about this argument haha
chouchou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 07:27 PM   #103
I keep RS good
 
Ulic Qel-Droma's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Cosmos
Posts: 28,361
Thanked 5,348 Times in 1,408 Posts
breed makes a big diff... dog, cat... whatever.

that's like picking a wife based on... just there's a woman that's free. lol.

breed dictates personality (and training, but genetics plays a big role).
__________________
nipples neways...wat is with those fuck'n asians! i mean you would think they've never seen a dentist in their life. are dentists really that rare over there in ricey ricey and? looks like they're star trek ferrengi rejects! fuck'n have broken glass for teeth! goddaymn! and the smell....did a rat crawl in there and shit itself then marinate in its own shit as it decayed?ewwwwwwwwww! i swear...if one of those ferrengi asian girls gave head...when u pull the dick out it looks like it went thru a meat grinder! prolly shaved off a few slices of meat! *shudder*
Greebo i t-boned some guy and killed their baby, it was funny
silvia i have a couple asian guy friends that do very well with the ladies. but guess what, they go to the gym, they dont have long hair, they dont wear orange pants, and they dont play counterstrike. its not the ethnicity that the girls dont like, its the style and personality.
450HP Supra I am about to use your eye sockets as a shoe rack for my nuts. ...something about chinks, j-bodys, I can't quite remember as I was drunk and looking for a girl to punch in the clit. Think of it as a digital urinal, and you are the mint, except, instead of actually smelling mint, you smell like mothballs, rotten kimchee and virginity. I'm about to start drinking heavily now and you better be gone before I get back or I swear to god I will break the internet over my knee and use the pieces to beat you in the deformed skull with, cock muffler.
Iceman-19 If your gf cooks and cleans, good, tell the guy to take a fucking hike. If she doesnt, fuck, that joker can have her. Lifes too short to cook your own meals and do your own laundry, thats what women are for!
http://ho316.tumblr.com
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 08:12 PM   #104
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
Manic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 10,415
Thanked 3,823 Times in 1,748 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
breed makes a big diff... dog, cat... whatever.

that's like picking a wife based on... just there's a woman that's free. lol.

breed dictates personality (and training, but genetics plays a big role).
breed dictates personality? So you believe pitbulls are all dangerous or is it bad owners who make them hat way?
__________________
I don't need an amplifier I'm already big, best on any track call me the Stig - Shizzo

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar
Manic! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 08:21 PM   #105
Isaac's Hardstyle Sessions
 
Drow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,773
Thanked 1,807 Times in 547 Posts
#rsjusticeleague
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 08:27 PM   #106
In RS I Trust
 
murd0c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mission
Posts: 19,611
Thanked 16,830 Times in 3,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
breed dictates personality? So you believe pitbulls are all dangerous or is it bad owners who make them hat way?
in certain aspects yes breed does dictate the type of personality a dog has. A big portion of that is owner training as well, taking the dogs for walks, showing them attention that they need. Thats why this story is so frustrating cause these people trusted this dog walker to take care of these dogs during the day, taking them on walks and giving them the exercise and social interaction they need.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2015, 11:37 PM   #107
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
underscore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kel-pwn-a
Posts: 11,983
Thanked 4,970 Times in 2,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
breed dictates personality? So you believe pitbulls are all dangerous or is it bad owners who make them hat way?
Some breeds have more potential to be dangerous, but it all comes down to the owners at the end of the day.
__________________
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S // 1991 Toyota Celica GTFour RC FOR SALE // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2015, 11:50 PM   #108
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY
 
westopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: vancouver
Posts: 7,167
Thanked 18,420 Times in 3,973 Posts
I wouldn't say more potential to be dangerous but I'm just speaking semantics here. I'd say more potential to do harm based on the situations its put into due to high levels of strength and agility. Unfortunately for me, and my dog, pitbulls, and german shepherds are high on that list which often means he is met with fear or criticism. Just means I spend more time developing his positive interactions with people and dogs which is actually pretty awesome.
There is nothing wrong with choosing a breed that carries common behavioural characteristics that coincide with your lifestyle. The only real problem with animal breeding is the breeding of negative characteristics for the sake of vanity and recognition.
https://dogbehaviorscience.wordpress...d-improvement/
However again, as manic usually manages in every thread he posts in, this is pointlessly off of the original topic on a confusing tangent due to his incoherent ramblings that makes everyone who acknowledges his posts basically start a new conversation.
__________________
98 technoviolet M3/2/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfever View Post
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2015, 01:46 AM   #109
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: burnaby
Posts: 1,871
Thanked 471 Times in 151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
You are missing the point. My point was people are upset because they are dogs. If it was some other animal that was not a pet there would not be so much outrage.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmfRMeU6pQ8
talk about missing the point? you keep bringing up breeders which are not relevant to the discussion at all. even if all the dogs were from breeders, it doesn't change the fact their owners care about them.
being against pet breeders is like being against murder. you really are a 14 year old girl.

it's an outrage because it's a pet. that's the ENTIRE POINT. PERIOD. THAT'S IT.

your entire "argument" is "if they weren't pets no one would care".

no shit sherlock. if it was a bunch of raccoons a crazy lady kidnapped off the street it wouldn't be a big deal.

but then again, i don't think anyone would be paying her and she wouldn't be running a raccoon kidnapping business like the lady in the story.
__________________
Feedback 24-0-0
Hot Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 02:17 AM   #110
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
Manic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 10,415
Thanked 3,823 Times in 1,748 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Karl View Post
talk about missing the point? you keep bringing up breeders which are not relevant to the discussion at all. even if all the dogs were from breeders, it doesn't change the fact their owners care about them.


it's an outrage because it's a pet. that's the ENTIRE POINT. PERIOD. THAT'S IT.

your entire "argument" is "if they weren't pets no one would care".

no shit sherlock. if it was a bunch of raccoons a crazy lady kidnapped off the street it wouldn't be a big deal.

but then again, i don't think anyone would be paying her and she wouldn't be running a raccoon kidnapping business like the lady in the story.

Is a homeless mans murder less important than the death of a family man? Just because something is a pet and is loved by it's owners should have no effect on the punishment given to the killer.
__________________
I don't need an amplifier I'm already big, best on any track call me the Stig - Shizzo

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar
Manic! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 02:46 AM   #111
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge
 
CRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,364
Thanked 5,489 Times in 1,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Is a homeless mans murder less important than the death of a family man? Just because something is a pet and is loved by it's owners should have no effect on the punishment given to the killer.
I'm really trying hard to understand your perspective or at the very least, what you're trying to say.

I've read through this post 5 different times and still have no idea what you're trying to convey.
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 03:04 AM   #112
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!
 
StylinRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: CELICAland
Posts: 23,046
Thanked 9,234 Times in 3,293 Posts
he's saying emotions shouldn't come into play in the pursuit of justice....i think, which would mean he finds the sentence too harsh.

but if so, i don't know why he's continuing with you guys except for shits and giggles, especially after my pointing out to him what destruction of property (mischief) can get you in terms of max sentencing, in Canada (1st page) to show she really just got a harder slap on the wrist (but still a slap)
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2015, 10:28 AM   #113
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
meowjinboo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 552
Thanked 269 Times in 121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
breed dictates personality? So you believe pitbulls are all dangerous or is it bad owners who make them hat way?
are you a fucking retard or do you always play devils advocate?
meowjinboo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2015, 01:34 PM   #114
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
Manic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 10,415
Thanked 3,823 Times in 1,748 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowjinboo View Post
are you a fucking retard or do you always play devils advocate?
Others on RS agree with me too but don't post because they don't want to deal with the nut jobs on RS or get failed and that's a shame. It's one thing to disagree with me it's another to call me names and threaten to kill me like some have.
__________________
I don't need an amplifier I'm already big, best on any track call me the Stig - Shizzo

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar
Manic! is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-07-2015, 02:10 PM   #115
private modder
 
Eff-1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: North Shore
Posts: 6,054
Thanked 1,641 Times in 422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Others on RS agree with me too but don't post because they don't want to deal with the nut jobs on RS or get failed and that's a shame. It's one thing to disagree with me it's another to call me names and threaten to kill me like some have.
Do yourself a favour. Stop posting. In fact, don't ever post anything ever again. It does you no service. Except if you see a thread about gas stations. Then you can post. Because that actually provides value to others.

Remember. Only gas stations.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-07-2015, 02:34 PM   #116
In RS I Trust
 
murd0c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mission
Posts: 19,611
Thanked 16,830 Times in 3,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff-1 View Post
Do yourself a favour. Stop posting. In fact, don't ever post anything ever again. It does you no service. Except if you see a thread about gas stations. Then you can post. Because that actually provides value to others.

Remember. Only gas stations.
I have the gas station side of things covered so we don't even need him to post about that either.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2015, 03:38 PM   #117
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
Manic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 10,415
Thanked 3,823 Times in 1,748 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff-1 View Post
Do yourself a favour. Stop posting. In fact, don't ever post anything ever again. It does you no service. Except if you see a thread about gas stations. Then you can post. Because that actually provides value to others.

Remember. Only gas stations.
You should start your own site so you can ban everyone that does not agree with you.
__________________
I don't need an amplifier I'm already big, best on any track call me the Stig - Shizzo

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar
Manic! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 04:22 PM   #118
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 42,029
Thanked 17,638 Times in 5,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Others on RS agree with me too but don't post because they don't want to deal with the nut jobs on RS or get failed and that's a shame. It's one thing to disagree with me it's another to call me names and threaten to kill me like some have.
I highly doubt that many people agree with you that can read.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2015, 08:03 PM   #119
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tres Ciudades
Posts: 5,410
Thanked 3,690 Times in 1,527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Going to jail for accidentally killing something you can buy for a few hundred bux is just plain stupid.

When this is the root of your argument on this thread's subject you'd be hard pressed to find anyone non-retarded to agree with you.

You should go out on a date with Macnair or something. Top it off with some dog stew and a walk through the kennels filling out paperwork for adoption but not actually adopting anything.
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 08:19 PM   #120
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
Manic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 10,415
Thanked 3,823 Times in 1,748 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
When this is the root of your argument on this thread's subject you'd be hard pressed to find anyone non-retarded to agree with you.

You should go out on a date with Macnair or something. Top it off with some dog stew and a walk through the kennels filling out paperwork for adoption but not actually adopting anything.
I would rather just order a dog via Dogs for Sale & Puppies for Sale from Europe - Euro Puppy and then not pick it up from the airport. After that file a dispute with paypal. Also looks like Kishi needs a home urgently.
__________________
I don't need an amplifier I'm already big, best on any track call me the Stig - Shizzo

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar

Last edited by Manic!; 02-07-2015 at 08:28 PM.
Manic! is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-07-2015, 09:14 PM   #121
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 18,775
Thanked 8,253 Times in 3,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Others on RS agree with me too but don't post because they don't want to deal with the nut jobs on RS or get failed and that's a shame. It's one thing to disagree with me it's another to call me names and threaten to kill me like some have.
I don't agree with anyone in this thread, but I was totally blown away with OP's threats against the columnist. People can have an opinion, plain and simple. One thing I've noticed with RS is, once people start to agree with someone and start contributing their own brand of mud slinging and shit, it keeps snowballing. Everyone gets brave and some go full on retard. Kumbaya!

I didn't read all the posts in this thread, but if one of our members is being threatened over having an opinion, this forum is not worth saving.

god bless........
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-08-2015, 12:54 PM   #122
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
meowjinboo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 552
Thanked 269 Times in 121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
When this is the root of your argument on this thread's subject you'd be hard pressed to find anyone non-retarded to agree with you.

You should go out on a date with Macnair or something. Top it off with some dog stew and a walk through the kennels filling out paperwork for adoption but not actually adopting anything.
Dogs are not even a few hundred dollars. Dogs can cost 1500 to buy after all the shots, not to mention all the leashes, cages, food, trimming and cleaning.

DOGS ARE NOT CHEAP TO RAISE.
meowjinboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 01:42 PM   #123
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY
 
westopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: vancouver
Posts: 7,167
Thanked 18,420 Times in 3,973 Posts
No one threatened manic in this thread whatsoever. People just think he's an idiot.
__________________
98 technoviolet M3/2/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfever View Post
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-08-2015, 07:59 PM   #124
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
underscore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kel-pwn-a
Posts: 11,983
Thanked 4,970 Times in 2,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
I don't agree with anyone in this thread, but I was totally blown away with OP's threats against the columnist. People can have an opinion, plain and simple. One thing I've noticed with RS is, once people start to agree with someone and start contributing their own brand of mud slinging and shit, it keeps snowballing. Everyone gets brave and some go full on retard. Kumbaya!

I didn't read all the posts in this thread, but if one of our members is being threatened over having an opinion, this forum is not worth saving.

god bless........
You should know better than that.
__________________
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S // 1991 Toyota Celica GTFour RC FOR SALE // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 10:39 PM   #125
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Jmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Duncan, BC
Posts: 8,169
Thanked 3,841 Times in 1,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowjinboo View Post
Dogs are not even a few hundred dollars. Dogs can cost 1500 to buy after all the shots, not to mention all the leashes, cages, food, trimming and cleaning.

DOGS ARE NOT CHEAP TO RAISE.
That's like saying a Pinto is worth thousands of dollars because of insurance, gas, repairs, and maintenance.

The opinion that the author (and Manic) seem to think one can just kill any animal and write a cheque for its "market value" is the issue at hand. "Market value," as with cars, doesn't include associated costs of ownership.

So ... along the same lines ... Should one be able to kill the dog walker and cut a cheque to her family for her "market value," which would now be presumably lower now relative to prior to the incident given her demonstrated incompetence and lack of trustworthiness ... ?

Spoiler!
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net