REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official 2015 Whitecaps FC/MLS Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/702102-official-2015-whitecaps-fc-mls-thread.html)

6o4__boi 05-25-2015 11:15 AM

i turned it off after that dumb ass call.
As a Canucks fan, i'm pretty used to getting shit call and the shaft but this was total fucking bullshit. I can't even give that piece of shit the benefit of the doubt. It was a fucking joke.
i guess it goes to show the MLS reffing is nowhere near the standard.
that or refs just hate any team with Vancouver on it. Probably both.

They've definitely hit a dry spell, hopefully thing turn around and they go back to the form they were in at the beginning of the season. Anyone seen the new turf at BC Place? I'm lookin forward to seeing it...lol, the turf at home looks so fucking depressing.

Tapioca 05-25-2015 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6o4__boi (Post 8640307)
i turned it off after that dumb ass call.
As a Canucks fan, i'm pretty used to getting shit call and the shaft but this was total fucking bullshit. I can't even give that piece of shit the benefit of the doubt. It was a fucking joke.
i guess it goes to show the MLS reffing is nowhere near the standard.
that or refs just hate any team with Vancouver on it. Probably both.

They've definitely hit a dry spell, hopefully thing turn around and they go back to the form they were in at the beginning of the season. Anyone seen the new turf at BC Place? I'm lookin forward to seeing it...lol, the turf at home looks so fucking depressing.

I believe that the ref in the Rapids game was suspended last season due to allegations that he was involved in match fixing.

There are some pictures of the turf installation on BC Place's Instagram feed: https://instagram.com/bcplacestadium/

6o4__boi 06-06-2015 08:36 PM

Well hot damn, who'd have thought we'd be 2 and 0 against the Galaxy so far.
:notbad:
Ends LA's 29 game unbeaten streak at home.

Easily Rivero's worst game...the lack of finish was concerning hopefully the week off will do em some good.

CorneringArtist 06-07-2015 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6o4__boi (Post 8645374)
Well hot damn, who'd have thought we'd be 2 and 0 against the Galaxy so far.
:notbad:
Ends LA's 29 game unbeaten streak at home.

Easily Rivero's worst game...the lack of finish was concerning hopefully the week off will do em some good.

You have to admit his vision for the assists were rather crisp though. Yes Morales posted his shot, and the other to Mattocks was just too strong, but at least Rivero won't hesitate to pass the ball if he notices open space.

Tapioca 06-07-2015 10:46 AM

3 points are 3 points, but people seem to be pretty muted about the win last night. It probably should have been 2 or 3 nil.

This year's version of the Galaxy just doesn't seem to have it. Even when Gerard comes in, I just don't see them being a contender this year. Seattle will be the team to beat in the west this year, with possibly Dallas coming in second.

Farfetched 06-07-2015 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorneringArtist (Post 8645469)
You have to admit his vision for the assists were rather crisp though. Yes Morales posted his shot, and the other to Mattocks was just too strong, but at least Rivero won't hesitate to pass the ball if he notices open space.

Agreed. I can really only fault him for the heavy pass to Mattocks. The first one was more on Morales. Do you know what's worse than a striker who's having trouble scoring? A selfish striker who's having trouble scoring. Let's keep in mind he also assisted on the Manneh goal, so I don't think he played that bad of a game.

Tapioca 06-07-2015 05:22 PM

Rivero is the best forward the Whitecaps have had in the MLS era. He does so many things off the ball that help the team. The problem is that no one else has really stepped up, though Manneh always gives us hope that he may break out.

Verdasco 06-07-2015 05:27 PM

been to almost every home game so far...... they play so much better away haha.

The 5 feet 3 dude gets bullied all the time, quiet sad really

snowball 06-07-2015 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorneringArtist (Post 8645469)

We all know if it was Mattocks in the same situation with the ball there wouldn't be a pass and probably a shot 4ft over the crossbar.

CorneringArtist 06-08-2015 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Verdasco (Post 8645595)
been to almost every home game so far...... they play so much better away haha.

The 5 feet 3 dude gets bullied all the time, quiet sad really

Techera gets bullied, but have you seen the chaos he creates if he's given space? That, and he gets tons of fouls called from slightly over-aggressive defenders LOL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorade (Post 8645680)
We all know if it was Mattocks in the same situation with the ball there wouldn't be a pass and probably a shot 4ft over the crossbar.

He showed spaghetti legs, and his inability to cross as well. He can't finish his breakfast.

6o4__boi 06-08-2015 10:41 AM

it's good to see Techera's starting to adapt well, the guy's a foul magnet lol
at that height his game is really all about speed and smarts

maybe i'm overreacting with Rivero but it looks like he's hit a wall offensively...the game in LA could easily have been 3-0

Manneh's fun to watch only when he's on his game but i guess the good thing is that he's only 20 so can't really fault him for inconsistency

is Hurtado on his way out? guy hasn't played in ages...plus if Mattocks is going away for Int'l duties you'd figure he'd at least draw in as sub.

6o4__boi 06-20-2015 03:15 PM

Mmmmm...dat penalty save by Ousted early.

Did Morales get the call for Chile?

snowball 06-20-2015 03:26 PM

Mannehhhh

6o4__boi 06-20-2015 03:55 PM

Nvm looks like Morales is day to day with a calf strain.

6o4__boi 06-20-2015 04:30 PM

Got damn....Ousted with another pk save.
Give that man a medal.

carisear 06-20-2015 05:09 PM

Man what a game by Ousted ... 2 saves!

6o4__boi 06-22-2015 07:36 AM

damn...NYC FC set to sign Pirlo by the end of this week.

Lampard, Villa, Pirlo...Euro retirement club haha
I should really get around to picking up those tix for September's matcha gainst them.

Tapioca 06-23-2015 06:56 AM

Villa has been decent for NYCFC, but Lampard is going to get pretty roughed up in the league at age 37. He probably won't even play in Vancouver because of the turf.

Tapioca 07-06-2015 08:13 PM

Thread bump.

9 points from the road trip was pretty good, but we threw away 3 points on Saturday night. I guess that's what happens when all 3 DPs are on the bench to start the game.

There's been some news in the league though - Pirlo signs with NYCFC and Dos Santos is confirmed to be signing with the Galaxy. I've got a ticket to see the aging superstars of NYCFC - it'll be interesting to see who plays on turf and who doesn't. Will the likes of Koffie and Laba make Pirlo and Lampard ragged by the end of the game? Will Kah clobber David Villa in the box?

rslater 07-06-2015 08:47 PM

That game had some very suspect refering...

6o4__boi 07-07-2015 08:59 AM

lol that was reminiscent of the Canucks, can't put away cellar dwellers
2/3 of the Rapids wins are against Vancouver :lawl:

But i guess they deserve the break and yeah, all DPs were off the pitch
i'm trying to score some tickets for the the nyc fc game...hopefully their stars will play.
David Villa looks like he's been finding his groove lately

6o4__boi 07-14-2015 09:48 AM

i've always wondered the cost analysis of turf vs natural grass
is BC Place just not designed for a natural grass field? or is that more a cost-related thing?

Caps have maintained they may be active in pursuing high-profile names/talent during the transfer period but its hard to find known skilled players willing to play in shit turf fields.

CorneringArtist 07-14-2015 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6o4__boi (Post 8659834)
i've always wondered the cost analysis of turf vs natural grass
is BC Place just not designed for a natural grass field? or is that more a cost-related thing?

Caps have maintained they may be active in pursuing high-profile names/talent during the transfer period but its hard to find known skilled players willing to play in shit turf fields.

I've heard of a few stadiums in Germany using hybrid turf, I wonder why the stuff used at BC place is garbage.

And the All-Star Game voted in Lampard, Pirlo, and Gerrard, despite all three of them having only played less than a few games collectively. Bullshit "popularity" it is...

However, I'd like to see some more firepower from Europe stepping in. Lots of potential abound for players wanting out.

6o4__boi 07-14-2015 11:05 AM

no surprise there really...it's always been a popularity contest.

that hybrid turf stuff is pretty cool. i have to assume it must be money and that extensive renovation would be needed to make BC place support natural grass so i guess this city is stuck with turf for the foreseeable future, which sucks.
Tt'd be nice to see some more Euro names but at the same time, it'd be nice to see hidden gems step up.
Whitecaps would really be handicapped pursuing any European firepower or even mid-level names. Good luck convincing someone to play half a season on turf. Some good scouting and surprise talents is pretty much what's gonna take the team to the top.

I scored some tix for the nycfc game in Sept. Pirlo and Lampard better make appearances lol

Tapioca 07-14-2015 11:39 AM

The stuff used at BC Place is "garbage" because it is a multi-purpose facility: Lions, home shows, concerts, and monster truck shows. There's no way you could put grass, or even a hybrid system in there because the grass wouldn't survive. Even if you were to roll in natural grass, there's no where to store it anywhere near BC Place - land for grass growing/storage is simply way too expensive in Vancouver.

The Whitecaps are stuck with turf until they get their own stadium. The chances of that happening are nil unless they build one in Langley or Abbotsford. If they do, they're done as an MLS team as their prime market is 20-something urbanites.

If these Euro signings are the wave of the future, the Whitecaps are finished as top-tier hopefuls. They'll be mid-table at best because they won't be able to attract marquee talent.