REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-15-2015, 06:55 PM   #26
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
I dont think CP is that bad..ive ordered plenty of times using them with shipments coming from china. Usual time it took for my items to arrive was 2-3weeks and I didnt have tracking either. Purolator has also been good as they allow for you to pickup from their warehouse. Note about purolator though, You will likely not recieve your item on a Monday because they do all their business shipments first and then they get down to you.
Advertisement

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 01:36 AM   #27
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,751 Times in 1,182 Posts
For anything coming from Asia... one word: EMS.

I have sent multiple packages to myself/wife when I was in Taiwan and never had a problem.

Cheap out once using Airmail and it took forever (tracking just showed it was "in process").

What I don't understand is how Canada Post pricing works. I sent a pkg that's 4.xKG via EMS and it was just a tad over 50CAD after conversion at the time (13xxTWD)

I mailed it on Monday morning in TW and my wife got it on Wednesday afternoon here. No hassle no fuss.

I came back to Canada, and a check to US took over a week to arrive (mind you, once it got to US, USPS took 1.5days to deliver from here to Ohio) and it costs me 35CAD?!?
Old 04-16-2015, 12:39 PM   #28
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
So got my phone today after I spoke with a CP supervisor a couple days ago. It was sent EMS and it was sent to Grand Prairie a total of 4 times. In fact, someone in Grand Prairie had to attach a had written note, in all cap letters, that my item was suppose to be sent to Vancouver. My address on the original shipping slip was correct.

The incompetence of Canada Post is beyond me, imagine the resources it took for my parcel to be bounced around from Richmond to Grand Prairie for the past couple of weeks.

Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2015, 02:29 PM   #29
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
If there's liquid or batteries in it, they are really cracking down. Cologne and cell phones have a very good chance of being returned to the shipper
Any reasons why they are doing this?
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 02:40 PM   #30
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Canada Post keeps lowering the bar, even though nobody wants to play limbo. lol
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 06:33 PM   #31
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Any reasons why they are doing this?
They are considered 'dangerous articles' by the universal postal union. Lithium batteries can explode, and I guess they're worried about fires on planes. Also anything flammable has always been banned, and cologne/perfume are highly flammable

You can get away with trying to sneak them in, but just recently I had 2 packages that were inspected on the way out, and returned to me. They both had hair mousse which is compressed flammable and therefore "dangerous"

So they have to be sent via surface, which takes 60-90 days instead of 7-10 days.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 06:39 PM   #32
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,067 Times in 1,252 Posts
It's ok we had a check sent from Minnesota to Vancouver BC in February and it arrived a few days ago. It went to Bermuda

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 06:52 PM   #33
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Package showed up at my door, it's X's official accountant certificate with three zip codes on it. Contacted the organization for the proper address and now I'll be delivering it tomorrow evening. There were so many Canada Post redirect stickers on it that I could not tell where the hell it was supposed to go.

Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 04:13 PM   #34
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

So yesterday, the mailman from Canada Post "attempted" to deliver my package at 3pm and also "left a deliver notice card" which I never received.. I was home all day and I didn't hear a single knock and in fact, no one even came in through the front gate between 2pm-4:30pm. If I saw someone entering the front gates I would have known because my computer is beside the window and my curtains were wide open during the "delivery attempt".

What bothers me is that CP customer service told me that my package is available for pick up today at my local post office and even told me "they are open" however after commuting to the post office in the snow, I found out that they're closed until Jan 3rd.

CP also has a policy that if the package isn't picked up within 15 calendar days after it is deemed "available for pick up" (after a deliver attempt), it gets shipped back to the sender. So because CP "attempted" to deliver my package yesterday, customer service told me that I have until Jan 13th to pick my package as it was "available for pick up yesterday" but yet, I'm unable to pick up my package until the post office reopens on the 3rd which seems very unfair. In addition to that, I leave town on the 2nd and won't be back until the 15th. So my 2 options are to either get someone living in the same house hold to pick up the package for me or fill out an online authorization form for a friend to pick up it up. Why do I have to go out of my way for their error and false advertised service?

It's very frustrating and disappointing when you pay for a service but only to receive shitty/almost zero service. There are absolutely no excuses for this CP mailman as there were no safety hazards nor COD fee and even a UPS man was able to deliver our other package the following night.

/endrant
i-vtecyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 04:25 PM   #35
GC8
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Thanked 1,146 Times in 121 Posts

there is my rant
GC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 08:24 PM   #36
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

In the month of December CP lost two of my wife's packages, one from Chapters and one from Hudson's Bay (thankfully both companies refunded our money).

Like i-vtechyo, we also often get calls from CP about packages that are about to be returned due to the 15 day hold limit but no delivery notice precedes them. On The bright side, this happens often enough that the calls aren't surprising anymore.
Old 12-31-2016, 08:43 PM   #37
MG1

Flex Delivery is key.

No have to deal with mailman. It arrives at Shoppers Drug Mart Post Office, I get email, I go pick it up. Post office is open till 9:00 pm. on weekdays.

This post thanked by:
Old 12-31-2016, 08:55 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Flex Delivery is key.

No have to deal with mailman. It arrives at Shoppers Drug Mart Post Office, I get email, I go pick it up. Post office is open till 9:00 pm. on weekdays.
This is what I do now for 99% of my online buys.

It is almost "necessary" for people living in apartments, where certain courier companies cannot get into the building and will leave a delivery notice on the LOBBY door. Then the wind or some jerk removes the slip and you never knew it arrived :[

If I'm not mistaken, Canada Post has access to most apartments though? (heard from a friend who worked as a CP delivery guy)
Old 12-31-2016, 11:31 PM   #39
degenerate extraordinaire

We pretty much only use flex delivery, however, lately there were a few items that were not entered into the system. The packages were just sitting in the storage room. It wasn't until we inquired about some missing items that they went through everything and found those packages.

Also my mom does enough online purchasing that some of the people working there know her by name
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 12:58 AM   #40
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
I think it is quite important to check in at your residence's assigned postal facility once a while ( I rent a mailbox at mine, as a backup since communal boxes you never know when it will be broken in). You can glean so much information about your route. eg the person at the facility gave me a heads up that there are new mail delivery assignments so the mail people will take some time to get used to the new route etc.

I can't emphasis enough, get to know your posties. For me I rank CP, UPS, Fedex, DHL then Purolator.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-01-2017, 01:14 AM   #41
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
For some of you, have you ever thought about putting your work address as deliver ? If it's allowed of course.

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-01-2017, 01:24 AM   #42
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,913 Times in 3,873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i-vtecyo View Post
So yesterday, the mailman from Canada Post "attempted" to deliver my package at 3pm and also "left a deliver notice card" which I never received.. I was home all day and I didn't hear a single knock and in fact, no one even came in through the front gate between 2pm-4:30pm. If I saw someone entering the front gates I would have known because my computer is beside the window and my curtains were wide open during the "delivery attempt".

<snip>

There are absolutely no excuses for this CP mailman as there were no safety hazards nor COD fee and even a UPS man was able to deliver our other package the following night.

/endrant
Have you checked your mailbox? If the package won't fit on the truck it will show up as "attempted" and you'll get the little slip in your mailbox.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 04:10 AM   #43

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Canada Post has always been solid for me. Aside from the 1 time I sent something to the US that got redirected to USPS, package was out for delivery to my buyer and was never scanned as delivered...

opened an investigation, Canada Post tried tracking it down to no results and sent me a cheque for the item value+shipping fees

Flex Delivery is also a highly recommended service. Like MG1 said, package arrives at the post office > you get an email > you go pick up whenever it's convenient.

No more "mailman never came / didn't leave a notice card etc etc" headaches
Old 01-01-2017, 11:22 AM   #44
I don't get it

Thanked 2,127 Times in 204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GC8 View Post

there is my rant
I don't see a problem? they were off on 24 25 26 and 27 due to stat holiday

For those of you who live in apartments, put your buzzer # on the package
Coren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 12:45 PM   #45
MG1

As a philatelist (stamp junkie), I have a love/hate relationship with Canada Post. Having said that, their customer service has always been good. I have standing orders through their collector's division. Never had an issue with them sending stuff out in a timely manner or arriving in a decent amount of time. Now, if they can get the mailperson to stop bending stuff that specifically reads, "Do Not Bend," it would be a great service.

However, since Flex Delivery, not a single item has arrived damaged. We're talking everything from large tubes, containing uncut press sheets, to small packets and envelopes. Not having to deal with temps and noobs, is a blessing not even Flip can match.

So what is the proper term for the person who delivers the mail? Mailman, mailwoman, mail person, etc. BTW, theres this rather hot chick who delivers the mail in the Kensington Halifax area. Not my neighbourhood, but she's a hottie. Hot mail........ lol.

Old 01-01-2017, 01:55 PM   #46
GC8

Thanked 1,146 Times in 121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coren View Post
I don't see a problem? they were off on 24 25 26 and 27 due to stat holiday

For those of you who live in apartments, put your buzzer # on the package
You don't see a problem? Expected delivery 28th. This screenshot was taken on the 31st. *I know it's a Saturday but wait* What's interesting is on the 28th I received other packages. If they would update the tracking that would be nice?

Side note yes I do live in a townhouse complex. Previous mail lady told me my route is easy and they like apartments and townhouses because the mail can be delivered to all the units in one spot vs going house to house *except big packages *. Since she got sent to another route I straight catch them dropping delivering tags in the mail box room vs trying to deliver them. That is laziness. Oh yeah and my location the packages get brought to Aberdeen mall... fail lol
GC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 02:10 PM   #47
I don't get it

Thanked 2,127 Times in 204 Posts
oh I didn't see the current date as being the 31st. my bad.

@MG1: official title is delivery agent
Coren is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-01-2017, 02:21 PM   #48
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
I had my pkg sit at the burnaby office from the 27 and didn't get delivered until the 31st.

I spoke to the carrier and he said he was working OT and that the normal route carrier was on leave.

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 03:17 PM   #49

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GC8 View Post
You don't see a problem? Expected delivery 28th. This screenshot was taken on the 31st. *I know it's a Saturday but wait* What's interesting is on the 28th I received other packages. If they would update the tracking that would be nice?
To be fair, you can't really go off of expected delivery; especially during the holiday season. I'm sure CP is backed up from thousands and thousands of parcels waiting to be delivered. Ill give them the benefit of the doubt because of that
Old 01-01-2017, 04:46 PM   #50
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,112 Times in 264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Flex Delivery is key.

Flex Delivery only works if Canada Post is delivering it.

UPS / FedEx / Dynamex / Purloator/ Amazon delivery guys cant decipher the flex delivery address and it gets sent back to sender

Ive had many items returned stating address error
Volvo-brickster is offline   Reply With Quote