REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-01-2015, 10:01 PM   #51
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
I was the only Asian in the crowd
....WTF?! You're Asian?!

#MindBlown (srs)
Advertisement

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 10:04 PM   #52
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
LOL...................look at TOS'd, your evil twin............. wait...........wtf?

#blewmyownmind

I mean, I was the only white guy in a crowd of Asians......................... hee hee, hue, hue, pew, pew.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-01-2015, 10:16 PM   #53
RS Veteran

I AM TOS'd.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 07-01-2015, 11:02 PM   #54
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
so op doesnt anything about canada & im guessing op doesnt even anything about china as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 11:06 PM   #55
MG1

I knew it!

'cept TOS'd never went to summer band camp.

Old 07-02-2015, 01:22 AM   #56
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
I AM TOS'd.
this has to be recorded, so its quoted...im a poet
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 03:14 AM   #57
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post
so op doesnt anything about canada & im guessing op doesnt even anything about china as well
He knows what he's told to know
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-02-2015, 07:12 AM   #58
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
Wasn't born here (Taiwan) but came over when I was 6. Racism... not much, only earlier on in my life living in Surrey and Delta, and nothing more than stupid kids on a playground. Once we moved over to SoCal, then to Richmond there was virtually no racism.

Granted we are all "Chinese" or whatever you want to identify yourself/every other CN/HK/TW person, Canada has evolved past the "White/Canadian" image. Despite what you think you know.

I don't hate all new immigrants, just the ones that
- Can't drive
- Feel the need to talk loudly in places where you shouldn't
- Disregard social rules/norms that make us Canadian in the first place

Then again, White, Black, Brown, Green, Orange, I don't give a fuck what color, people do these things.

So actually I guess I don't hate new immigrants, I just hate ignorant, inconsiderate people.

I've known some younger Chinese people (Not just from China; HK, TW too) that have been in Canada for 10-15+ years, yet still are unable to speak/type properly in English.

Being a resident of Canada, doesn't make you Canadian.

Last edited by Qmx323; 07-02-2015 at 07:18 AM.
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 07:25 AM   #59
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qmx323 View Post
Then again, White, Black, Brown, Green, Orange, I don't give a fuck what color, people do these things.

So actually I guess I don't hate new immigrants, I just hate ignorant, inconsiderate people.
Just last night, I was at the Superstore in Coquitlam by Ikea. I saw these three Euro chicks in the deli section. They were sampling the olives using their hands. One of them went, "Yuck, this tastes like crap!" and spit the olive into her hands. After she threw away what was in her hands, she proceeded to try the other olives. jesus, who knows where her hands have been, let alone her mouth.............

Dirty girl, nuff said.

Old 07-02-2015, 07:49 AM   #60
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
all i got from this thread: akinari isn't white!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
I rather enjoy being white, and I rather enjoy many non-white people in my life.
at $160 a pop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Just last night, I was at the Superstore in Coquitlam by Ikea. I saw these three Euro chicks in the deli section. They were sampling the olives using their hands. One of them went, "Yuck, this tastes like crap!" and spit the olive into her hands. After she threw away what was in her hands, she proceeded to try the other olives. jesus, who knows where her hands have been, let alone her mouth.............

Dirty girl, nuff said.
MG's face while watching this all go down
Spoiler!

jk more like this
Spoiler!

and at OP happy candar day-lah!

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-02-2015, 08:03 AM   #61
I STILL don't get it

I'm Chinese, born in Hong Kong, moved to Vancouver when I was 5.
Spent over 20 years in Vancouver before moving to Hong Kong for work 2 years ago.
...maybe I'm over-sensitive
But I grew up experiencing subtle and not-so-subtle racism on a pretty regular basis.

I love Canada, consider it my home 100%, and I want to raise my kids in Canada. However, I have to say my experience is quite different from everyone else who's posted so far. Racism was very real during my time in Canada.
wstce92 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-02-2015, 08:04 AM   #62
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,753 Times in 3,868 Posts
Quote:

Being a resident of Canada, doesn't make you Canadian.
This is the message gululu needs to take away from here. Not once have I seen him post anything showing he wants to BE a Canadian.
He's too busy posting pictures of friends in jeeps flying the Chinese flag or an Audi R8 with the China flag vinyl'd on its roof
Old 07-02-2015, 09:08 AM   #63
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,904 Times in 3,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gululu View Post
our common enemy is the white people. I think we should all work together and help each other in all ways necessary regardless of whether u arrived here early or late.
So you want to combat racism with more racism? Brilliant!

Quote:
I've known some younger Chinese people (Not just from China; HK, TW too) that have been in Canada for 10-15+ years, yet still are unable to speak/type properly in English.
This is a pet peeve of mine that applies to any immigrant. If someone moves here but refuses to learn either official language or interact with people who aren't also from their home country I have to wonder what the hell they're doing here. To help Canada be a wonderful mix of cultures you need to mix some Canadian culture into your life so that Canada is able to mix some of your culture back in.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-02-2015, 03:11 PM   #64
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
I have a few questions for all you CBCs out there. I know there are quite a number of you on here.

1. Do you still face racism each day living in Vancouver? If yes, how bad would you say it is?

2. Since you will never be accepted as a proper Canadian, then how do you identify yourself? Basically, are you Chinese or Canadian? (just keep in mind you will never be recognized as a true Canadian, because you will have brown eyes, black hair, yellow skin)

3. How is your financial status currently? we recent arrivals have a saying that all CBCs are poor people because they arrived to Canada with no money. Do you currently own your home? or rent? are you financially well off?

4. Do you like to interact with us recent arrival Chinese? or do you hate us? do you feel happy living in Vancouver?

if anyone feel there is more to add, please chime in below
1. None for a long time.

2. I like to identify myself as human.

3. I don't think you know what you're asking here. CBC are born in Canada, yet you're saying CBC arrived to Canada poor?

4. I have no problem interacting with anybody, except for dumbasses (not directing at you).
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-02-2015, 05:04 PM   #65
Banned (ABWS)

Wow look at what happens after you take the crack pipe out of your ass!
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
Don't worry, I'm leaving. Can't afford to have a detached house here because chinese are fleeing other chinese who have stolen money from the motherland.

Can't wait to be in Tofino, surfing and enjoying a place that isn't jam-packed full of traffic, disconnected neighborhoods, housing as an investment rather than a place to live and free from the human toilet of the DTES and Gastown!

When I was stoned all the time, it was easy to ignore the downsides of Vancouver and only focus on what I liked. Without the weed it is clear to see that this place is a resort for the rich and not a place to put down roots.
Nomomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 07:58 PM   #66
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
I have a few questions for all you CBCs out there. I know there are quite a number of you on here.

1. Do you still face racism each day living in Vancouver? If yes, how bad would you say it is?

2. Since you will never be accepted as a proper Canadian, then how do you identify yourself? Basically, are you Chinese or Canadian? (just keep in mind you will never be recognized as a true Canadian, because you will have brown eyes, black hair, yellow skin)

3. How is your financial status currently? we recent arrivals have a saying that all CBCs are poor people because they arrived to Canada with no money. Do you currently own your home? or rent? are you financially well off?

4. Do you like to interact with us recent arrival Chinese? or do you hate us? do you feel happy living in Vancouver?

if anyone feel there is more to add, please chime in below
Being a 4th Generation Chinese-Canadian, I thought I should chime in since these sorts of topics are something that I'm always thinking about in terms of where my place is in this community.

1) None what so ever. Perhaps I live in a bubble given that I live in the West End (near UBC) which has a fairly ethnically-diverse population.

2) A lot of people seem to hate this question but it is something that is always on my mind. As many have mentioned previously, a "proper Canadian" is a very ambiguous term that really has no true definition. The OP argues that because of how I look and my ethnicity I will never be a true Canadian. What does that even mean? My mother as well as my grandparents (who are full Chinese) were all born and raised here as I was which I think is the most Canadian part of me. In fact, my friends often make fun of me for "being too white" because of stuff that often doesn't follow Asian or Chinese norms. I can't speak any Mandarin or Cantonese, I eat white rice with butter, and most of my closer friends are either mixed or white. I also drive an E30, a name that most mainland kids my age probably don't even recognize or appreciate. So to answer your question, yes I identify myself as Canadian far more than I identify myself as Chinese. Some might think that I'm a disgrace because I can't even speak my own language and that I'm not a true Chinese person. All I'll say is "Deal with it, I'm proud to be Canadian and white-washed".

3. I don't know how this is any of your business or what it has to do with "being Canadian" but I'll give you a piece of mind anyway. Unlike your preconceptions of some Chinese-Canadians, I would like to say that I am fairly well-established. My grandfather decided to move to Vancouver with my Dad and the rest of his family from Hong Kong and they have proven to make an excellent living here. We were able to situate ourselves in Kerrisdale well before the massive rise in housing prices brought partially by the mainlanders that have invested here in the past. I'm not going to go into any more personal details but for the most part, despite being "CBC", I am quite financially well off without having my parents pay for everything that I get (such as my own car) unlike many mainlanders that I've seen.

4. This not a black-and-white question but rather a shade of grey. In some cases, I think the way some of the mainlanders behave and present themselves here in Vancouver is embarrassing to all of the Chinese community here in BC. When you watch a bunch of under 20 kids (who barely speak English) getting their supercars impounded or when a Madarin-speaking customer rudely questions one of my coworkers as to why they work at a dealership if they can't speak their language, it angers me that some of these people have so little pride, regard, or courtesy for the beautiful province that we live in. That is not to say that just because someone comes from a rich background does not make them a bad person. There are plenty of immigrants not just from China but from all parts of the world that are very nice to interact with. One of my other coworkers is from mainland China who is staying here to study and work. Her parents gave her money to buy a car and, as a result, drives an Audi S4 to go to work everyday. Her English is not 100% but she is one of nicest people that I have ever worked with proving that there still plenty of nice mainlanders as well.

I love Vancouver and I am so fortunate to be able to still be living in the nicer parts of the city. But I think what the OP believes is that there are specific and inaccessible requirements on what it takes to be Canadian, making it a "us vs. them" situation. Our openness to other cultures is what our country stands for and prides itself on and these divisions of residents and immigrants is only an issue if you want it to be. It's simply a matter of self-respect. I'm sure most people will far more welcoming to wealthier immigrants so long as those immigrants take the time to learn the language as well as appreciate the city and the people that have lived here for decades while they drive our property value up. We are unlikely able to change the shift in Vancouver's economic climate brought by foreign money, but we can at least find diplomatic ways to prevent prejudices and stereotyping that is beginning to be on the rise by these changes.
jk6221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 09:26 PM   #67
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
why is gululu still in canada?

seriously it makes no sense as he seem to care so much about what others think of him

i was born in taiwan, my dads from hk, we moved here in 94 & now im back in china working

i meet a lot of ppl here, the locals like me as i bring more then just a person back to china, i try to bring a part of canada back with me & its great telling them stories about my daily life/what not

some ppl want to see the world but will never get a chance to do it, they envy me because i can

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 09:54 AM   #68
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Racism against Asians + Aboriginal Peoples descends is still very very VERY prevalent EVEN here in the Lower Mainland. It pains me and hurts my heart that millions of Asians + First Nations are still discriminated on a daily basis from the White peoples.
Gululu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-05-2015, 09:58 AM   #69

I feel unjust for the 2nd, 3rd, even 4th generation Asians. Everyday we are subject to White scrutiny. Every time we are pulled over on the road, we are treated differently. White Canada is very very dangerous idea and it is on the rise. I have multiple reports saying that a anti-Asian riot is in the works. I feel that we Asian community needs to work together and improve Asian rights if we are to set roots in canada. We must also consult and work with our First Nations brothers and sisters. Just like when we did 400 years ago. We worked along perfectly until white peoples got here.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:17 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstce92 View Post
I'm Chinese, born in Hong Kong, moved to Vancouver when I was 5.
Spent over 20 years in Vancouver before moving to Hong Kong for work 2 years ago.
But I grew up experiencing subtle and not-so-subtle racism on a pretty regular basis.

I love Canada, consider it my home 100%, and I want to raise my kids in Canada. However, I have to say my experience is quite different from everyone else who's posted so far. Racism was very real during my time in Canada.
Thank you wstce92. Finally someone is unafraid to speak up the truth. I would like to hear more about your experiences living in Canada as an Asian if you do not mind sharing. (ONLY if you want to share; I dont want you to reveal old wounds if u know what I mean)
Old 07-05-2015, 10:24 AM   #71
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
i dont think OP's questions are relevant to 2015

perhaps if you asked it in the 80's it'd make sense you dink
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 11:03 AM   #72
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,582 Times in 4,317 Posts
Quote:
Everyday we are subject to White scrutiny. Every time we are pulled over on the road, we are treated differently.
Preach on, brotha!!!

Edit - thought it said railroad, then I remembered that was 140 years ago.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-05-2015, 11:21 AM   #73
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,381 Times in 3,463 Posts
Quote:
I feel unjust for the 2nd, 3rd, even 4th generation Asians. Everyday we are subject to White scrutiny. Every time we are pulled over on the road, we are treated differently. White Canada is very very dangerous idea and it is on the rise. I have multiple reports saying that a anti-Asian riot is in the works. I feel that we Asian community needs to work together and improve Asian rights if we are to set roots in canada. We must also consult and work with our First Nations brothers and sisters. Just like when we did 400 years ago. We worked along perfectly until white peoples got here.
Bitch please. Immigrants are thriving in Canada. Minorities are excelling in Politics, business, and everything else. My cousin moved from India about 9 years ago and is now married with kids, owns a house, has his own business and just got a dope deal on some rims and tires for his SUV. What else could he want.

The best decision my dad ever made was to come to Canada.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:26 AM   #74
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,753 Times in 3,868 Posts
Quote:
Racism against Asians + Aboriginal Peoples descends is still very very VERY prevalent EVEN here in the Lower Mainland. It pains me and hurts my heart that millions of Asians + First Nations are still discriminated on a daily basis from the White peoples.
How dare you loop your rich ass in with First Nations people. How the fuck is your situation ANYTHING like their struggle??? European people came to this country and took it over and changed everything. If you want to work in that basis, my white ancestry in Richmond is being oppressed but your background coming to Richmond in droves and changing our country!

Sounds racist sure, but that's using your own "logic". You need some serious help man.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:27 AM   #75
RS Veteran

lol

Mainland Chinese = All Chinese in Canada. Yeah. Okay.

This is better than the Sunday funnies hahaha

This post thanked by: