REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-05-2015, 11:30 AM   #76
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,038 Times in 2,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
My cousin moved from India about 9 years ago and is now married with kids, owns a house, has his own business and just got a dope deal on some rims and tires for his SUV.
^You brown boys just can't say anything without mentioning your cousins... /noracist

Gululu, if you're going out looking for racism you'll find it. Anyone of any skin colour can. Maybe you need to look in the mirror. Seems to me, you're the one with the chip on his shoulder trying to rally troups to fight an imaginary cause against a white uprising in Canada

Quote:
I have multiple reports saying that a anti-Asian riot is in the works.
Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-05-2015, 12:32 PM   #77
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
I don't see what the problem is. If someone says something racist to me, I just see that as carte blanche to say some WAY more racist things at them.

Learn your stereotypes, figure out which ones are the most offensive, insert their mother and you're golden.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 12:34 PM   #78
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
I wonder how many asians are fighting the B.C. wildfires right now?

My guess is most are busy flipping properties in Vancouver for hundreds and hundreds of thousands in profit
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-05-2015, 12:39 PM   #79
Banned (ABWS)

The problem isn't with the chinese people coming here, the problem is with the white politicians who turned Vancouver into a whore that will spread her legs for anyone with the cash.
Old 07-05-2015, 12:46 PM   #80
Banned (ABWS)

Let's at least have some funny racism here:

Old 07-05-2015, 12:55 PM   #81
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
So much face palm comparing aboriginals to today's rich asian immigrants.

When the federal government starts rounding up your children, sending them off to what are essentially prisons to attempt to destroy your culture, and, worse yet, beat, rape, and kill them, then maybe you're approaching the ballpark. That's not even getting into all the other systemic issues that exist even today with aboriginals.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 05:37 PM   #82
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
lol

Mainland Chinese = All Chinese in Canada. Yeah. Okay.

This is better than the Sunday funnies hahaha
The ironic thing is that most CBC Chinese, or Chinese people who have been in Canada for more than 15+ years hate the influx of wealthy Chinese (read: Mainlander) immigrants too... something about how their entitled attitude and lack of willingness to adapt to Canadian values, language, customs, etc., makes all other Asians look bad.

This thread just further proves my point. Quit whining and complaining about how "marginalized" you feel, if you hate it here so much go back to China where everyone is treated fairly and everyone is given their basic rights... oh wait.

& comparing the imagined hardships of wealthy Asian immigrants to the actual hardships of First Nations people? Get real. Last time I checked - and I drive past there every day on my way to work - I didn't see any Mainlanders squatting on Main & Hastings, addicted to drugs and God knows what else because of the legacy of oppression dealt to them by the government.

And don't even bring up the Head Tax (I know someone will...) because that shit ended in 1923, I am willing to bet that Gululu's ancestors were still working on rice paddies when these particular Chinese people were being turned away from Canada...
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 07:46 PM   #83
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
well looks like im doing it wrong then:

hates influx of wealthy mainlander, moves back to china

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 08:04 PM   #84
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
This thread:

I don't know if Gululu is trolling or genuinely believes what he's saying.

His name certainly defines his posts, though...
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-05-2015, 08:18 PM   #85
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,753 Times in 3,868 Posts
Does it?
Old 07-06-2015, 06:41 AM   #86
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
I wonder how many asians are fighting the B.C. wildfires right now?

My guess is most are busy flipping properties in Vancouver for hundreds and hundreds of thousands in profit
First of all, I'm sure there are asians fighting the wildfires. not very many but there will be a couple.

Also more importantly, being an Asian firefighter anywhere in Canada, it's the most shittiest thing. the amount of prejudice and racism that Asian firefighter faces each day at Fire Hall is enough to make him not want to work there (not only the job itself but the internal stress from white coworkers and supervisors, u have no idea). Do you even know how toxic it is for an Asian to work in union type of jobs? The amount of shit an Asian firefighter put through is enough to drive a normal human insane.
Gululu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 06:51 AM   #87
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2015, 07:44 AM   #88
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gululu View Post
Racism against Asians + Aboriginal Peoples descends is still very very VERY prevalent EVEN here in the Lower Mainland. It pains me and hurts my heart that millions of Asians + First Nations are still discriminated on a daily basis from the White peoples.
When I think about it, my ancestors were willing to go through all that racism just to get away from you and now you've followed us across the ocean
minoru_tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 10:10 AM   #89
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,904 Times in 3,867 Posts
Quote:
First of all, I'm sure there are asians fighting the wildfires. not very many but there will be a couple.

Also more importantly, being an Asian firefighter anywhere in Canada, it's the most shittiest thing. the amount of prejudice and racism that Asian firefighter faces each day at Fire Hall is enough to make him not want to work there (not only the job itself but the internal stress from white coworkers and supervisors, u have no idea). Do you even know how toxic it is for an Asian to work in union type of jobs? The amount of shit an Asian firefighter put through is enough to drive a normal human insane.
Do you have a source for any of these claims, or are you just pulling more nonsense out of your ass?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 10:38 AM   #90
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,753 Times in 3,868 Posts
Well, not to play devils advocate here. But if Richmond firefighters used to shit in a female co workers boots, there must also be some racism against Asians.

If I remember it was the fire hall on Gilbert and Granville
Old 07-06-2015, 11:20 AM   #91

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Quote:

Do you even know any Asian in a union? because I know plenty.
Old 07-06-2015, 12:19 PM   #92
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
Quote:

Let me guess, YOU know how toxic it is? You worked in a firehall? You work in a union, heck, do you even work? Seriously, where the hell do you pull these ideas from?

I work in a union and I am thriving in it. The amount of shit ANY firefighter is enough to drive a normal human insane. Don't even have to include race into it. Thats why they are considered heroes.

I don't think you will ever become a Canadian. No matter what papers you may obtain.
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2015, 04:11 PM   #93
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
All of my Asian friends(even non-CBC ones) would be ashamed reading your posts. If you move to Canada and obtain a citizenship then you are Canadian. Plain and simple. It has nothing to do with race or ethnic background. We were all from somewhere else at one point. I'm white so I guess my ancestors came from Europe and they landed here, raped and killed First Nations people and set up shop. Good, bad or indifferent; that's what happened. We're all just humans trying to make a good life for ourselves. Quit trying to start some race war bullshit or talk about how deprived you are or how bad "Asians" have it here. Because it's fucking bullshit. Get a job or go to school; then contribute to the country you want to call home.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2015, 04:22 PM   #94
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,288 Times in 2,506 Posts
One problem is, a lot of Mainlanders that I come across (in Canada) still consider themselves only as Chinese nationals. In some cases, this might be true -- they "only" have permanent residence status here, and chose not to obtain Canadian citizenship for one reason or another. Others who have Canadian passports consider themselves exactly that -- Chinese nationals with Canadian passports (even though technically, to obtain Canadian citizenship, you have to give up your Chinese passport since China doesn't recognize dual citizenship).

This is not to say that immigrants from other countries don't feel the same way / do the same thing. However, I find this sense of identity to be a lot more prevalent among Mainlanders than with people from most other countries. It just goes to show that for a lot of Chinese immigrants, they don't really view Canada as their long term home -- their Canadian passport is little more than an insurance policy, and they have no real desire to contribute to the Canadian society at all.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2015, 04:52 PM   #95
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
23.3% of Canada is non-white (source: Stats Canada). Is there a more ethically-diverse country in the world? USA is 21.6% non-white (source: American FactFinder) for reference.

Also of note, Canada is 12.5% Asian (1 in 8) and growing (up from 10.7% in 2006) compared to 4.9% (~1 in 20) in the USA and stagnant (up from 4.8% in 2000).

It seems like a lot of Chinese people want to come here otherwise our Asian population wouldn't be outgrowing every other ethnicity by a mile. If Canada is so damned intolerant and racist towards the Chinese, why is there still mass immigration to Canada as opposed to mass exodus?
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2015, 04:53 PM   #96
Banned (ABWS)

This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2015, 05:44 PM   #97
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
So much face palm comparing aboriginals to today's rich asian immigrants.

When the federal government starts rounding up your children, sending them off to what are essentially prisons to attempt to destroy your culture, and, worse yet, beat, rape, and kill them, then maybe you're approaching the ballpark. That's not even getting into all the other systemic issues that exist even today with aboriginals.
You missed "blaming Aboriginals for their own socioeconomic problems since we treat them better now". Anyone who thinks that Canada is a bastion of tolerance and racial harmony compared to the US should see how its citizens treat the First Peoples of this country...or just read this thread.

A few years ago, I learned that Germany has a very large Turkish population; approximately 2 and a half million. (The Ottoman Empire was allied with the German Empire in World War I, after all.) There are Turkish families who have had roots in Germany for two generations or more; they pay German taxes, attend German schools, speak the German language and fully assimilate into German culture; and yet, in the year 2015 in the Federal Republic of Germany, society views them as Turks, not Germans.

Similar sentiments can be seen in France with Algerians, the UK with Afro-Caribbeans and Italy with Libyans. When your national identity is based on ethnicity, rather than shared values like in the US or Canada, this is what happens.

I remember reading Down and Out in Paris and London for the first time, and remembering how shocked I was at Orwell's mention of the races of every character in the book: there were Englishmen, Irishmen, Frenchmen, Italians, Poles, Russians, Romanians, Serbians and so forth. In the book, while working at a slavedriving Russian restaurant in Paris, a co worker tries to persuade him to walk off the job, saying: "You and I belong to proud races; we don’t work for nothing, like these damned Russian serfs."

And each race is pigeonholed into a different career. Waiters at fine restaurants were Italian or Russian, tour guides were Englishmen, small business owners were Frenchmen. You know what these characters would be called if they were living in this country? Canadian.

It's the sentiment of "we're <nationality>, you're not" that has allowed neo-Nazi and far right wing political parties to flourish in Europe. Shame on anyone who doesn't see their fellow countryman as equal just because they were born overseas.

TL;DR: Gululu may be a neo-Nazi.
GojiraBNR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2015, 06:20 PM   #98
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
One problem is, a lot of Mainlanders that I come across (in Canada) still consider themselves only as Chinese nationals. In some cases, this might be true -- they "only" have permanent residence status here, and chose not to obtain Canadian citizenship for one reason or another. Others who have Canadian passports consider themselves exactly that -- Chinese nationals with Canadian passports (even though technically, to obtain Canadian citizenship, you have to give up your Chinese passport since China doesn't recognize dual citizenship).

This is not to say that immigrants from other countries don't feel the same way / do the same thing. However, I find this sense of identity to be a lot more prevalent among Mainlanders than with people from most other countries. It just goes to show that for a lot of Chinese immigrants, they don't really view Canada as their long term home -- their Canadian passport is little more than an insurance policy, and they have no real desire to contribute to the Canadian society at all.
part of the problem is that Canadian society and the systems implemented through the immigration system allow this to happen. The government needs to realize this is a large social issue and affects the longevity of all the good things that are Canada - free healthcare, great education, etc. people that move to canada, don't work, take the hugely subsidized education and healthcare, all whilst considering themselves another nationality will result in those that pay lots of taxes, add to society, are part of the culture that is canada, will get lesser coverage through a stretched system.

call me weird to think this, but if you move to a country and have no desire to add to the system (taxes) and culture, you shouldn't get the benefits that those in the true canadian society get - they can have them, but they'll have to pay for it (insurance).

because of the way canada is, i didn't want to be part of that anymore, one of the reasons i moved away. I really wish Canadian reality mirrored the dream that is a multicultural society, right now Vancouver's society is being stretched away from this, and i don't see anything changing for the better as things stand.
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-06-2015, 08:31 PM   #99
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Vancouver ≠ Canada
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2015, 08:56 PM   #100

Thanked 8,904 Times in 3,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GojiraBNR34 View Post
A few years ago, I learned that Germany has a very large Turkish population; approximately 2 and a half million. (The Ottoman Empire was allied with the German Empire in World War I, after all.) There are Turkish families who have had roots in Germany for two generations or more; they pay German taxes, attend German schools, speak the German language and fully assimilate into German culture; and yet, in the year 2015 in the Federal Republic of Germany, society views them as Turks, not Germans.
To put that into perspective, Germany is only about the size of the southern half of BC. Munich, Germany, to Istanbul, Turkey is about a 2.5 hour flight, which is the same as a flight from Vancouver to Winnipeg. France to Algeria is like Vancouver to Edmonton. I get that the population density is quite different but still, I can't imagine treating people so differently just because their ancestors were born a province or two away.

1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: