REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:51 PM   #51
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
In my place of work I have seen 3 different Asian toddlers piss in the middle of the isles.

I have also seen one grown Asian woman take a piss in a plastic bag in the laundry detergent isle.

And as an escalation, a few employees witnesses another Asian woman take a shit on a flatbed in the parking lot that had a piece of cardboard on it. Then obviously just get in her car and leave.

Oh the joys of being close to YVR and getting many international customers...
i remember a old asian dude took a shit in the garbage can in the mens bathroom because all the stalls were full
paul had to clean it up lol
Advertisement
EmOne is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-24-2015, 06:51 AM   #52
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
In my place of work I have seen 3 different Asian toddlers piss in the middle of the isles.

I have also seen one grown Asian woman take a piss in a plastic bag in the laundry detergent isle.

And as an escalation, a few employees witnesses another Asian woman take a shit on a flatbed in the parking lot that had a piece of cardboard on it. Then obviously just get in her car and leave.

Oh the joys of being close to YVR and getting many international customers...
And those ones are the ones that can afford to travel...

imagine the shit that goes down locally in China.
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-24-2015, 07:30 AM   #53
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
I was working at a clothing retail store. We were just opening up so I was making the displays and folding a lot of shirts and making sure everything looked nice.

Next thing I know, a lady comes in and starts to absolutely destroy the stacks of shirts that I had just made. I approach her and ask her if there is anything I can help her with. This is the conversation:

Me: "Hello, is there anything I can help you with? Maybe a particular size you're looking for?'
Her: "There is such a discrepancy in quality of clothes here."

*She continues to muddle through, continue to pull out, and unfold t-shirts then lays
them on top of the stack*

Me: "Oh? What do you mean?"
Her: "Look, these sleeves are different lengths!"
Me: "Sorry but this shirt is made from cotton."
Her: "Yeah, I know, but look, they are an inch difference."
Me: "Oh, well, cotton as a fabric actually tends to stretch and shrink."
Her: "No, it doesn't."

*I take the same shirt she shows me and gently tug it a little*

Her face when she saw that they were the same length as if I performed some act of wizardly. She then proceeds to take the shirt and wants to try it on. I lead her to the change rooms and put her in a room. I return to the clothing pile up she created on the display and begin to fix it. After I had fixed it, I went to check the change room only to find that she had created another stack of clothes for me to clean up.

MFW.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-24-2015, 08:44 AM   #54
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
Bad customers = every single mainlander who comes up behind me slapping my back screaming "YOU SPEAK CHINESE!? CHINESE CHINESE!? WHO SPEAK DA CHINESE!?" while I'm talking to another customer, extremely rudely and blatantly disregarding anyone else.

Lately it's been Brazilians screaming "SPANISH!? YOU SPEAK SPANISH!?" or "PORTUGUESE PORTUGUESE!?"

First of all: Chinese isn't a language. Second: I get so agitated when Chinese people, after I've told them I don't speak Mandarin or Cantonese or anything (), say to me I should learn Chinese. Like jesus maybe you should learn the primary language of Canada called English?

/rant
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 09:11 AM   #55

Thanked 4,067 Times in 1,252 Posts
^ YOU speak a Microsoft windows?

Had a tourist come off one of the cruises and asked me which city she was in.

One time the ship had to be disinfected so we told the passengers to have a seat and wait. Got around 500 people seated when the first row decided to stand up for no reason. Everyone followed and I just scream at everyone to get their asses back down. Didn't get fired

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 10:16 AM   #56
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

I work as a cook at a hotel in dt. At times when I have to the omelette station(a cook stands there and cooks your eggs), I get a wide range of guests.

To my experience, most Japanese tourists are well mannered. Chinese mainlanders are horrible. Europeans are somewhat in the middle of the above.

One time we had a bunch of Japanese tourists(mainly elderly men) come by. The first guest of the day approaches and doesn't speak a word, he just points to his eye ball, then points to the frying pan and makes a "splash" sound with his mouth. So I just made him sunny side up. Now in the past a few guests have pointed at their eyes in some sort of manner to try to indicate some sort of eggs, didn't think too much of it and carried on frying eggs for the rest of the tourists..

Until I see same guy who I mentioned above, he was at the back of the line talking and laughing with his buddy and replicating his "ordering actions" from earlier, then points at me and laughs. That mofo was fucking around the whole time. Figured a guy who is around 60-70 would behave better, nope that was not the case that morning.

I've categorized them into 3 groups: the English speakers(can speak either fluent or broken English, the Google Translator(guests would speak in their native tongue and expects me to understand), and lastly the neanderthals(these guests don't even attempt to speak at all instead they point and make grunting sounds).

Quote:
Originally posted by european
i'd say its a bear... from what i've learned from winnie the pooh. you should be able to lure it with some honey.. and it'll be your friend for life!! then you'll meet his friends.. that crazy owl!! and that lazy ass donkey.. whats his name.. Eore or something.. if you meet his llitte piggy friend.. roast him and eat some ribs!! hahahaha.. wtf am i on!! hahaha i'm going nuts over here!!!

Last edited by Sentinel; 09-24-2015 at 12:47 PM.
Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 10:21 AM   #57

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
he just points to his eye ball, then points to the frying pan and makes a "splash" sound with his mouth.
What the hell is that even supposed to mean?

frEYE'd eggs?

Quote:
the neanderthals(these guests don't even attempt to speak at all instead they point and make grunting sounds).
Old 09-24-2015, 02:09 PM   #58
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmfemme View Post
I work as an insurance agent on the island and had a customer literally tip the other morning over a Vancouver toll bridge debt.

LSS: I advised him of the outstanding debt, he started getting very verbally upset and his body language was seemingly aggressive so he was asked to stop or security would be called because he was clearly emotionally unstable and it wasn't clear what he would do next. Security came, asked him to leave which resulted in him throwing a massive wad of cash on the ground along with himself and hysterically crying and then doing a total 180 and start running towards the street and threatening to kill himself. Then the police had to come and I have no idea what happened next because we were never told, (sorry!).

The guy clearly has some shit to sort out, but wow. Not what you expect for your first client on a Sunday.
Because you picked up the wad of cash and walked away slowly, right?
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 02:13 PM   #59
...in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post
Bad customers = every single mainlander who comes up behind me slapping my back screaming "YOU SPEAK CHINESE!? CHINESE CHINESE!? WHO SPEAK DA CHINESE!?" while I'm talking to another customer, extremely rudely and blatantly disregarding anyone else.
And this is why even though I speak fluent Cantonese, I never said yes when anyone Chinese would walk into London Drugs. They tried to make me wear a name tag that said "I speak Cantonese" in Chinese letters but I mysteriously lost all of them and every time they gave me a new one, they would get swept up in tornados.

"Yes, I speak Cantonese." results in a long ass conversation about how prices are too high and how we should help each other because we're both Chinese and shit. Fuck that. I'd rather stare at them like they have two heads until they're so uncomfortable they walk away.

Quote:
and lastly the neanderthals(these guests don't even attempt to speak at all instead they point and make grunting sounds).
To be fair, this is how everyone not from Japan orders food in Japan unless they speak Japanese.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:45 PM   #60
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
I've been in customer service since forever so I have quite a bit of stories.

Here's one that I'll remember forever, quite a few years back this guy comes in with his wife. He orders a Chirashi-don (which is a rice bowl with various slices of raw Sashimi fish and seafood on top)
He then asks me for: white vinegar, chili oil, sugar, olive oil... and a fork.
I was pretty confused but I bring it to him anyway. A couple ounces of each in a sauce container. He asks for more vinegar... ok another dish of it.

I then watch in horror as he proceeds to dump ALL of it into his rice bowl and then mashes the raw fish into the rice with the fork. To top it off he pulls out a bottle of tabasco from his wife's purse and spurts about a solid 20 drops into what the bowels of Satan would most likely look like. The now unearthly looking bowl of salmon, tuna, mackerel and more drenched in red oily ooze.

Anyway after he finished working on his science experiment, he shoves a spoonful into his mouth, spits it halfway across the table and waves me over. Then complains that his "beautiful" seafood rice tastes like shit and wants another one!

In shock, I told him that when the food came out it was perfectly fine and was meant for eating with a few dabs of soy sauce and maybe some wasabi. He started yelling at me saying he makes this at home all the time until his wife had to calm him down.

Last edited by Obsideon; 09-24-2015 at 02:50 PM.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-24-2015, 03:08 PM   #61
...in the world.

You didn't give him another one, did you?

I hate the whole "customer is always right" thing. Hate it.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:32 PM   #62
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
i would have told him to get the hell out of my restaurant lol

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-24-2015, 05:08 PM   #63
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
back in HS when i bussed/dishwashed at a restaurant near several dealerships. group of car salesmen routinely come by for drinks:

1 guy was a real champ and orders a cocktail, drinks it down to about 1/3 of the way down and says it's not enough alcohol in it and demands another. was told we use a shot glass, says there isn't a full ounce in there - doesn't taste it. fine, gets another with a little less mix...does the same shenanigans again...3rd time waitress shows him a shot glass full of alcohol before dumping it in...3 drinks for the price of 1...

story #2: same guy routinely sits around to be one of the last guys that leaves after everyone throws cash down (including whatever they tipped). when dude is the 'last' guy he takes up all the cash and pays the bill on his card and giving whatever shitty tip he decides i.e. keeping the waitresses' tips.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-24-2015, 05:11 PM   #64
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,504 Times in 1,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
back in HS when i bussed/dishwashed at a restaurant near several dealerships. group of car salesmen routinely come by for drinks:

1 guy was a real champ and orders a cocktail, drinks it down to about 1/3 of the way down and says it's not enough alcohol in it and demands another. was told we use a shot glass, says there isn't a full ounce in there - doesn't taste it. fine, gets another with a little less mix...does the same shenanigans again...3rd time waitress shows him a shot glass full of alcohol before dumping it in...3 drinks for the price of 1...

story #2: same guy routinely sits around to be one of the last guys that leaves after everyone throws cash down (including whatever they tipped). when dude is the 'last' guy he takes up all the cash and pays the bill on his card and giving whatever shitty tip he decides i.e. keeping the waitresses' tips.
Wow at story #2, must be a real scum bag to even do that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 11:45 PM   #65
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
You didn't give him another one, did you?

I hate the whole "customer is always right" thing. Hate it.
i had customer say to my face (he was a real pain in the ass)..............& then i told him "no your not right, heck judging from looks of u i bet u didnt even finish grade school"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 12:16 AM   #66
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
"you speak french?"

no

"maybe you should start learning...because your in canada huh?"

not like im gonna have some fondue and butt sex
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-25-2015, 01:11 AM   #67
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
i used to work in a hotel and these r only SOME of the stories i've encountered through out the years

a korean girl called to book a room. she wanted to book a suite, a room with a bedroom and a living room. through out the phone call she kept on calling it a soot, a soot, a soot while all along i've been saying suite. she actually got mad at me and TOLD ME to stop calling it a suite and its called soot.

a fob girl walked up to me and asked for some stuff. the first thing she asked for was a tee bruh. i asked her again what it is she wanted and she wanted a TEE BRUH, this time saying it in a louder tone thinking i would somehow understand her. then she starts doing the motion of brushing her teeth so im like "ohh u wanted a toothbrush!?" shes like NO! a TEE BRUH!

one day the power went out at the hotel, it was an area outage. an old couple calls me up complaining about the power lost and questioned if it was safe to stay in their rooms as the AC is not working. i assured her it was safe to stay in the room and nothing would happen, or if they prefer they could leave the room and go else where for more air. all this time the purchasing manager was sitting beside me and over heard all that i said over the phone. with the power out and no computer to use, the purchasing manager went for a walk around the lobby. guess what, the old couple left their rooms and went tot he lobby to complain. unluckily the old couple walked up to a person to complain who turns out to be the hotel manager, my big boss. the old couple twists and turns the story of what i said and say i told them to stay in their rooms without ac and that it would suffocate and kill them. luckily the purchasing manager overhears this and walks up to the couple complaining and assures the hotel manager that is not what i said over the phone and repeated what i said to the hotel manager. the hotel manager told them to fuck off in a polite way.

and of course ive saved the best for last, itll be a bit of a long read but worth it

working overnight shifts are boring 99% of the time, but this one night has stuck to me due to all that happened.

it was during the fall season when the hotel industry usually slows down a quite a bit. this small time movie production company from china decides to stay at our hotel while they were filming in vancouver. with the hotel being mostly empty, the whole crew basically got the floor to themselves. late at night, this man comes up to me and tells me hes gonna have a few girls visit him and to just let his friends up. as per security purposes, i asked for their names so i can check their IDs and let them up. he says he doesnt know their names... thats clue 1. i again press for their name and the names i got which he told me was probably their fake names, this is clue 2, were britney and something like jennifer. i instantly realize what was going on, this guys calling some hookers. so he politely asks me if theres any complaints about noise and stuff to give him a call first. he proceeds to shove me a $20 and thanked me. i pocketed the money and checked the system, seeing how the movie crew are the only ones on that floor and somewhat spaced out i told him no problem and he leaves. i crossed checked his name in the system with the crew list and found out he was the producer and the other room was for the actor, and then i checked the tip he gave me. turns out theres actually 5 $20 bills rolled up together. no more than 10 mins later 2 white girls shows up in like the shortest shorts possible along with heavy makeup and fur/feather scarf around their neck/shoulders and tells me theyre looking for room XXX and XXX. i asked for their names and they were indeed britney and jennifer. i gave them access to the rooms and didnt think much of it. 15 mins later as i was in the middle of doing my paper work, the 2 dudes comes down in what looks to be boxsers and a tank top looking very angry walking arnd looking all over the place. one of them comes up to me and asks me have i seen the 2 girls, in which i replied no as i truthfully did not. both of them left the lobby and went on searching for the 2 hookers outside. i didnt find out what happened after but i can only come to the conclusion that they prob got robbed by the 2 hookers and the 2 hookers left via another door cus i did not see anyone enter or leave the property.

the 2 dudes probably got blue balls for the night
the producer lost $100
i gained $100

thats it for now, will post more when i rmb them
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-25-2015, 08:10 AM   #68

random story thats kinda funny

went to buy a cell phone case off the street store today cuz my plastic case sudden broke

as i was picking out case, i over heard the owner and his friend talk about cars

seriously owners friend must be timpo, cuz that guy kept praising the R35 GTR like its god by saying how its faster then a Ferrari in a drag race with no mods at all & shit likes that

dude was also show the owner all this weird looking body kits and over fenders and how awesome they look

Quote:
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
Old 09-25-2015, 08:48 AM   #69
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Cool thread idea!

I was working last night, we close at 12AM and I was there well passed 1:45AM (Playing a stupid game and watching twitch)

A couple came in to buy some stuff, helped them for about 20 mins and they picked up a bunch of stuff they needed to buy...

They suddenly erupted into an argument over something for 40 mins and then after put down the stuff they were going to purchase and left..... haha
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 08:56 AM   #70
...in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vale46Rossi View Post
Cool thread idea!

I was working last night, we close at 12AM and I was there well passed 1:45AM (Playing a stupid game and watching twitch)

A couple came in to buy some stuff, helped them for about 20 mins and they picked up a bunch of stuff they needed to buy...

They suddenly erupted into an argument over something for 40 mins and then after put down the stuff they were going to purchase and left..... haha
Details....details everywhere.

This is the most generic story ever. "So I was working, people came in, we argued and then they left. haha"
This post thanked by:
Old 09-25-2015, 10:45 AM   #71
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,161 Times in 301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post

Lately it's been Brazilians screaming "SPANISH!? YOU SPEAK SPANISH!?" or "PORTUGUESE PORTUGUESE!?"

First of all: Chinese isn't a language. Second: I get so agitated when Chinese people, after I've told them I don't speak Mandarin or Cantonese or anything (), say to me I should learn Chinese. Like jesus maybe you should learn the primary language of Canada called English?

/rant
Like Ronin said its easier to just stare at them until they go away rather than admitting you know Chinese. It shows those motherfuckers they can't get away with not learning English in Canada

One time some clai kept asking me something in chinese while I just kept saying What?, What?. I accidently blurted out a "shen me?", and she was like, "oh you speak chinese?" And I just continued to pretend I didn't know what she was saying until the gave up
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-25-2015, 12:58 PM   #72
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,561 Times in 455 Posts

This sums it up nicely.
Lowered_Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-25-2015, 10:23 PM   #73

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactic_Phantom View Post
Like Ronin said its easier to just stare at them until they go away rather than admitting you know Chinese. It shows those motherfuckers they can't get away with not learning English in Canada

One time some clai kept asking me something in chinese while I just kept saying What?, What?. I accidently blurted out a "shen me?", and she was like, "oh you speak chinese?" And I just continued to pretend I didn't know what she was saying until the gave up
It's definitely an acquired skill, pretending you don't understand the language someone else is speaking when you really completely do

Actually the worst is when you repeat for the nth time that you don't speak a language, and the customer says he/she doesn't believe you like "do you really don't know how to speak Mandarin? Are you sure? You look like you know how to speak Mandarin."

[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-27-2015, 08:31 PM   #74

i have no problem speaking mandarin or Cantonese as long as your not a complete a-hole

like when i was still in vancouver, i would speak mandarin or cantonese to help those that dont speak english well, as long as your polite & well mannered

but i guess u dont see that a lot these day anymore

Quote:

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Old 09-27-2015, 11:05 PM   #75
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,161 Times in 301 Posts
Polite? Manners? Chinese?
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: