REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-02-2015, 02:28 AM   #26
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,793 Times in 1,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidish View Post
sure thats true but what about a uhaul van filled with homemade explosives?
Yeah, let's compare a weapon that any psycho can walk into a Wal-Mart to buy with hundreds of rounds of ammo, *legally*, to something that takes hundreds of pounds of material, and actual skill to know how to build.

Yep, that must be why we hear about homemade van-bombs every few months and not shootings like these.

Advertisement
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 06:59 AM   #27
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Any dumb fuck can get a gun. That same dumb fuck is probably too lazy or too stupid to build a bomb and will blow himself up in the process if he tried.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2015, 07:57 AM   #28
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,905 Times in 3,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
It's not gun where the problem is. Psychopaths would find a way to kill with or without the control in place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidish View Post
sure thats true but what about a uhaul van filled with homemade explosives?
This such a bad argument. You can kill someone with nearly anything, but nothing can kill as many people as easily, quickly, or cheaply as a gun. In the US 550% more people are killed by guns than the next highest murder weapon*. Of those gun murders, the vast majority involved handguns. Considering that their stupid 2nd amendment is supposed to allow them to protect themselves from their evil government a handgun seems like a pretty stupid purchase vs a rifle if you're theoretically going up against the US Army with its tanks.

* = https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...e-data-table-8

As far as explosives go, I believe most of them are illegal to purchase, and if you make them it takes time, space, planning, and not having someone knock on your door after you buy the components to make a large enough one. It's definitely a lot harder to use than a gun just by looking at the stats.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:

Last edited by underscore; 10-02-2015 at 08:02 AM.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2015, 07:58 AM   #29
Banned (ABWS)

So tell me if you were in europe and all of a sudden "refugees" started showing up by the thousands. (Some small towns had their populations double due to refugees showing up at their door step)
Yet your law enforcement and government is telling you to give them food and house them. The pope is saying the same thing. The number of rapes are going up and the german girls are told not to wear skirts as they may offend the migrants. (Giving up their own culture to cater to foreigners)

You dont agree and you want to defend your family and neighbors.
What are you going to do when the people you pay tax dollars to have been ordered to stand down?
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
This isn't fucking 1893. Americans no longer need to arm themselves with guns to protect themselves from government tyranny. If the government wants to rule over their citizens with an iron fist, a gun won't do shit anyways. It has no fucking relevance whatsoever.
If people genuinely believe that some sort of reasonable control of someones ability to walk into a store and buy multiple concealable semi automatic guns and enough bullets to kill an entire classroom, won't prevent some of these instances, they should be sterilized so they don't instil such ignorance and stupidity into a future generation.
Fuck this shit. The fact that people can watch this over and over again and argue that "guns aren't the problem" makes me sick.
The reaction from people defending the current state of america gun control makes me want to throw up in their mouths to prevent them from spewing anymore of their indoctrinated bullshit.
Nomomo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2015, 08:34 AM   #30

Thanked 31,139 Times in 7,148 Posts
What in the actual fuck are you blathering on about?
Donald trump? Is that you?
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2015, 08:38 AM   #31
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,452 Times in 986 Posts
yday obama challenged the media to compare domestic gun related deaths vs terrorism deaths.

Americans dead from gun violence - Business Insider

18 terrorism deaths in 2014, 8500 gun deaths in 2015 and its only october (12562 deaths in 2014)
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2015, 08:42 AM   #32
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
It's already to late. There is no way to remove the guns from America. Even if they stopped selling them, there hundreds of thousands of guns (legally) and probably the same amount again (illegally) within the populace. It would take generations to make a dent in them. Who in the US is just going to give up their guns and hand them over willingly when someone comes knocking on their door for them. I sure as fuck wouldn't want to be the person going door to door.

Berz out.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:35 AM   #33

Update: They just said in a press conference ALL WEAPONS AND AMMUNITION WERE PURCHASED LEGALLY.
But yeah, laws wouldn't have changed anything. Obviously.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2015, 09:46 AM   #34
GO FLAMES GO

Thanked 2,210 Times in 701 Posts
Mass shootings in the USA on average of every 64 days

Rate of Mass Shootings Has Tripled Since 2011, Harvard Research Shows | Mother Jones

detailed incidents of attacks................SURPRISE!!!!! 98% gun deaths, compared to bombings and other weapons
Terrorist attacks and related incidents in the United States
2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter
Tegra_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2015, 09:57 AM   #35
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Update: They just said in a press conference ALL WEAPONS AND AMMUNITION WERE PURCHASED LEGALLY.
But yeah, laws wouldn't have changed anything. Obviously.
What good is the law if it doesn't pertain to common sense gun sales rules ?

E.g. see Gun Show Loophole / Brady Law Loophole ?
Old 10-02-2015, 10:10 AM   #36
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,905 Times in 3,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
It's already to late. There is no way to remove the guns from America. Even if they stopped selling them, there hundreds of thousands of guns (legally) and probably the same amount again (illegally) within the populace. It would take generations to make a dent in them. Who in the US is just going to give up their guns and hand them over willingly when someone comes knocking on their door for them. I sure as fuck wouldn't want to be the person going door to door.

Berz out.
Maybe if they put the same amount of money and effort currently going into "fighting terrorism" towards it they might get somewhere. It's not going to fix anything right away, but if you at least make it more difficult to purchase ammunition and increase education eventually Americans will stop killing each other every five seconds.

Just because something is difficult doesn't mean bitch out and don't even bother trying.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2015, 10:42 AM   #37

Quote:

Berz out.
Tightening up the rules to buy would at least be a step. Something is better than nothing. Even if it took generations, at least it's a start.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2015, 10:59 AM   #38
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
So these stories always seem "tragic, but it's so far away..."

Until it's somewhere you know. Half my mom's family is in Roseburg, and we spent a lot of summers down there when I was younger, so of course, the mind started spinning as soon as they mentioned the town.

Couple of my cousin's kids have gone to Umpqua CC... fortunately one of them finished a couple years ago, and the other wasn't taking any classes this term. It's a town of about 20,000 though, so guarantee they all know people who were directly affected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 12:42 PM   #39
Ricer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
Tightening up the rules to buy would at least be a step. Something is better than nothing. Even if it took generations, at least it's a start.
It would be a great step but do you think it would have prevented this from happening? Are these "spur of the moment" killings that happen BECAUSE they have access to firearms? Most times these are preempted and thought out. If someone has their mind set on doing something like this, they will find a way.

Ask yourself this question: If you wanted to go buy a gun, right now, how hard would it be for you to get one? I know I could have access to a variety of guns with little more than 24 hours notice.

Berz out.
Old 10-02-2015, 12:46 PM   #40

Harder than walking into a store and leaving with enough ammunition to kill a classroom.
There is a reason this is happening in America more than any other country in the developed world.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2015, 12:55 PM   #41
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomomo View Post
So tell me if you were in europe and all of a sudden "refugees" started showing up by the thousands. (Some small towns had their populations double due to refugees showing up at their door step)
Yet your law enforcement and government is telling you to give them food and house them. The pope is saying the same thing. The number of rapes are going up and the german girls are told not to wear skirts as they may offend the migrants. (Giving up their own culture to cater to foreigners)

What are you going to do when the people you pay tax dollars to have been ordered to stand down?
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2015, 01:09 PM   #42

Quote:
It would be a great step but do you think it would have prevented this from happening? Are these "spur of the moment" killings that happen BECAUSE they have access to firearms? Most times these are preempted and thought out. If someone has their mind set on doing something like this, they will find a way.

Ask yourself this question: If you wanted to go buy a gun, right now, how hard would it be for you to get one? I know I could have access to a variety of guns with little more than 24 hours notice.

Berz out.
I posed this in the reporter shooting thread a short while ago:

Quote:
"That bushmaster gun that the kid used in Sandy Hook cost $1000 american, you can buy it in Walmart and it'll be delivered to your house. That same gun in Australia on the black market cost $34,000.
Now if you have $34,000 you don't need to be a criminal, you've got $34,000 you're a great little saver, keep going!"

"The kid in Colorado who thought he was the joker, let's say that he had some "social issues". The kid at Sandy Hook was aspergers as fuck. I don't know if you know a lot about the black market, but you can't just show up at the docks going:
GUNS! WHO WANTS TO SELL ME A GUUUUUUN!!!
"
- Jim Jeffries. Fucking spot on.
If I wanted to buy an illegal gun, right now, I would have no idea where to even start looking.
I'm willing to bet most of these wack job social outcast psychos wouldn't have an easy time getting a hold of an illegal gun either.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

Last edited by Great68; 10-02-2015 at 01:21 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2015, 01:23 PM   #43
Ricer Mod

All you would have to do is ask me...... There now you know, and knowing is half the problem.

My point with that statement is that there are guns out there, available for purchase, without to much difficulty. Odds are "someone" you are in contact with knows someone who has access.

Berz out.
Old 10-02-2015, 01:32 PM   #44
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
If I wanted to buy an illegal gun, right now, I would have no idea where to even start looking.
I'm willing to bet most of these wack job social outcast psychos wouldn't have an easy time getting a hold of an illegal gun either.
Except most of these killings aren't spur-of-the-moment; it's shit they've been planning for a long time, which means they've had plenty of time to find and acquire their weapon of choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 01:46 PM   #45
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,452 Times in 986 Posts
Quote:
even being able to have a civilized discussion about gun laws would be a start. right now they cant even do that.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 03:02 PM   #46
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Except most of these killings aren't spur-of-the-moment; it's shit they've been planning for a long time, which means they've had plenty of time to find and acquire their weapon of choice.
So why does it happen in America so much more, because other countries with stricter gun control are just too lazy to phone their local gun buddy?
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2015, 03:20 PM   #47
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
This such a bad argument. You can kill someone with nearly anything, but nothing can kill as many people as easily, quickly, or cheaply as a gun. In the US 550% more people are killed by guns than the next highest murder weapon*. Of those gun murders, the vast majority involved handguns. Considering that their stupid 2nd amendment is supposed to allow them to protect themselves from their evil government a handgun seems like a pretty stupid purchase vs a rifle if you're theoretically going up against the US Army with its tanks.

* = https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...e-data-table-8

As far as explosives go, I believe most of them are illegal to purchase, and if you make them it takes time, space, planning, and not having someone knock on your door after you buy the components to make a large enough one. It's definitely a lot harder to use than a gun just by looking at the stats.
i know that already, the second half of my post is what was worth reading..

blaming guns is the easy thing to do because there is such a big problem with them in the states. i get that. cleaning up that mess is going to be one hell of a battle since pretty much every american is entitled to a gun under the second amendment.

taken from global news,

Quote:
In the post, he talks about Vester Flanagan, the former broadcast journalist who killed a reporter and photojournalist on live TV last month.

“On an interesting note, I have noticed that so many people like him are all alone and unknown, yet they spill a little blood, the whole world knows who they are,” the website user wrote. “A man who was known by no one, is now known by everyone.”
What we know about Chris Harper-Mercer, gunman ID?d in Oregon college shooting | Globalnews.ca

the guy was clearly sick and deranged. this shit was posted by the shooter online in a blog post on kickasstorrents. like wtf? what is it going to take for people to get through their heads that more care for mental health issues is needed? more mass killings?

most people that are this fucked up just want to end their lives anyways but if they just commit suicide no one is gonna know or even give a shit. so because they are sick, they figure hey, "ill just go out in style like these other guys have because their names get thrown around everywhere and they become famous."
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 04:14 PM   #48
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomomo View Post

I would rather take a zombie apocalypse argument rather than that.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 04:56 PM   #49
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
So why does it happen in America so much more, because other countries with stricter gun control are just too lazy to phone their local gun buddy?
I have plenty of friends who own guns and not a single one of them would likely just lend me their firearm for the fuck of it without knowing exactly why. I'm looking at purchasing a couple of firearms in the near future, and likewise, I wouldn't exactly just let people borrow that shit like it was an iPhone charger.

Compound this with the fact that most of the people who orchestrate these types of mass killings are mentally ill and/or likely don't have any close friends (hence the drive to commit suicide in a fashion that would garner them attention as well as their lack of ability to get help for their mental illnesses) makes it highly unlikely that these people could call up "their local gun buddy" and ask to obtain one...
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:20 PM   #50
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,038 Times in 2,075 Posts
Seems to me we could just copy/paste the conversation in every one of these school mass murder threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: