REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-09-2015, 09:56 PM   #26
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,343 Times in 971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !LittleDragon View Post
A better question would be if God asked you to kill your child like he asked of Abraham... Not knowing if you'll be stopped at the last second, would you do it?

Is it still a goal of the modern Christian to achieve this level of blind faith?
Define modern Christian and what is blind faith? In fact, what is un-blind faith?
Not challenging you just curious what you mean.

Put it this way. Have faith in God (or whatever believe in).

It's no different than you asking the hot ass girl that's sitting in your car after a ride and you spilled your guts out; she's borderline on the fence and you say "have faith in me, and in us".

Will your bf tell you to have faith in us? yup. Will God tell you thru SMS, or in person, most likely not.

When you and your wife finds out you're expecting and you have no idea if you will be a good father but your wife says "have a little faith in yourself"

Faith is hard to explain. NO DIFFERENT if your future gf asks you "can you explain faith" "How do you know our faith in this relationship"...

That's another topic all together.
Advertisement
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 10:16 PM   #27
I subscribe to Revscene

At its heart, Judaism, Christianity and later advanced Islam are a guidance for just laws and political\societal governance for humans to be free and live a civilized life.
Said question is meant to undermine religion.

Denying religion leads to the path of (the all encompassing) Hollywoodism which speaks for itself in the following chart.

The Death Rate Of Middle-Aged White Americans
Spoiler!
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-09-2015, 11:04 PM   #28
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
At its heart, Judaism, Christianity and later advanced Islam are a guidance for just laws and political\societal governance for humans to be free and live a civilized life.
Said question is meant to undermine religion.

Denying religion leads to the path of (the all encompassing) Hollywoodism which speaks for itself in the following chart.

The Death Rate Of Middle-Aged White Americans
Spoiler!
shit this is the best answer in the thread!

hahahaha

it's the most pragmatic answer.

yes my question has been answered (not by CIC). I did not know that original sin was passed down to all. it's like guilty by association. isn't that a really primitive law lol.

closes the loop/hole/gap in that part of the religion now i guess. jeez they have a reason for everything.

what if god is omnipotent like the way we are when we grow a culture of fungus/bacteria that we have extensively studied?

i mean, we might as well be omnipotent. we know exactly what is gonna happen in that petri dish, and every other petri dish like it. we know the momentum and all the stages and steps, micro and macro. we know the equation and all the variables. it might as well be omnipotence.

second question i guess... why the new testament? shouldn't the old testament be more true? more original?

isn't hell just exactly the same as heaven? except god isn't in hell. that's how it was supposed to be before they revised the mythos and added the fire and brimstone right?

basically heaven is just god's club, and he kicked all the yolo bros out into the curb, and they went down the road to another club and called it hell. and just so happens satan is the alpha amongst them.

since no one wants to be stranded on the strip, they've either got to wander into heaven, but the bouncers probably wont let em in, or you gotta stay outside and line up for an eternity to prove your dedication to god, or they can go to hell, which is basically has no bouncers. the losers that haven't self identified are left wandering the strip, lost forever in own indecisive misery lol.

and why is god so egotistical and mean? why can't he just love us no matter what? why do we have to worship him? and only him? and no one else... why do we have to give him worship... and like... it seems so... he seems so human.

he made humans in his image right? so... like... maybe he's just like us... and he's just enforcing rules on his petri dish...

like if the petridish gets contaminated and does shit he doesn't want for his experiment... he cleanses it, and restarts. just like a human scientist would. too many sinners, pick the good culture, replant it in another petridish full of the perfect balanced nourishment, destroy the rest in an incinerator or some shit lol.

...all the rules and stuff enforced and preached are just so he can get the outcome he wants. it's a controlled experiment. sinners are the ones that deviate from the test.

what do free will libertarians think?
what if there are people that WANNA go to hell. lol. isn't it their right? i mean what if enough people wanna all go to hell and derive bliss from this thought, would god be like... "no... no... that's wrong. you can't like that. that's not what i intended!". it would be like trying convert gays to straights. god would be all confused, no, you can't LIKE going to hell, that's wrong! you have to like heaven! liking hell is a sin! lol... jk sorta.

what do determinists think?
we're already destined for heaven or hell. it's all mapped out. hell, even if you're not religious but a determinist, there's no difference anyway! lol

what do nihilists think?
it doesn't matter anyway? nothing matters? but what if god was real? would he just be a bigger version of us? he doesn't matter either? his creations are just his own meanings and delusion self perceptions? the truth is he has no objective meaning either?

what do solipsists think?
lol, we are god? i am god? we are all god? or only one of us is? and the rest are just figments of his/her imagination? hah.

do any of those even matter?

what is the fear of being eternally damned? what if someone truly doesn't give a fuck. are they not a demon or angel or whatever themselves? reborn a demon? an angel? some other aspect of god? manifested as some other entity?

why does he even need to punish us?! it just seems so fucking futile and small picture. as if punishing some pathetic human's soul is gonna fucking make a difference to an all powerful being.

what if god is just a powerful entity that has gone mad/insane overtime? but nothing else can trump his will, and his will becomes reality, so he basically lives in his own lucid dream, fooled by his own creations, lost in his own mind.

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 11-09-2015 at 11:19 PM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 11:49 PM   #29
I keep RS good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
What context and ass did you pull that statement from?
god's ass? everything is owned by god so... obviously.

but it's a very legit question if one doesn't know about original sin.

i assume most people just assume if you sin you go to hell, and if you don't sin you don't go to hell. pretty simple.

but i guess most people, like myself have learnt that you actually are born sinful. and you must cleanse yourself of this sin by hashtagging god as much as possible in your value system. and it's the ONLY way to get into heaven.

I mean, you can sin, cuz jesus was the uber tank on some boss raid and absorbed all of mankinds sins. you just have to believe in him.

sounds like we were born into a rigged system bros.

like the nigga born in the hood, there's no way to get out. started from the bottom and we stuck. there's no way we gettin to the roof with drake and his shoppers drugmart friends.

but then here's the flip side. ok... it's like why not then? i don't know if heaven is real or not. or some crazy 10th dimension quantum science crazy version of it. whatever the interpretation.

if all i have to do is just have faith and believe in it. it's quite easy. i mean. if it's easy enough to slightly believe that the possibility of multiple universes exists... then fuckin heaven must exist for sure LOL.

sure i can believe that theory. why not. i can even put faith into it. i mean cuz all i gotta do is that?

ALL I GOTTA DO IS ACCEPT THE FAITH! and i get into club heaven? i get to walk past all the losers in the line with the divine stamp on my wrist? and the bouncers, gabe and big mike treat me like fuckin VIP?

fuckin join me up bros.

there's no rule that says how worship has to happen right? or that it has to take place inside the walls of a church right?

I will treat others as i wish to be treated. I will focus on my life and acquiring the big bux and living the high life. because if i am happy, others around me will be happy. i will spread the wealth and happiness.

thanks creator, for allowing the chance of reality and therefore revscene to exist. amen.

isn't that what he already wants? so if i switch my alignment from "i don't know" to "sure, you get my vote god, you give me heaven, the other guy gives me... well im not sure".

what's so hard? LOL what's so bad about this?

is truth really that important?

how many of you would have an existential crisis if you found out god existed? or that existence is deterministic?

lol... why would those events even affect you? don't we all just go on with our lives, doing what we feel like doing, and chasing our goals and dreams?

our belief doesn't change the truth of reality.

believing in god doesn't make him exist. but not believing in god doesn't make him not exist either.

i mean if your allegiance is against god, sure, stay against god. but what if your allegiance is neutral? on one hand u have god and all his believers trying to persuade you.

on the other hand you have "null". lol. why WOULDN'T you just pick the side that has at least a support system LOL. it's just like voting bros. you can check off GOD, check off a box with no name beside it, or throw out the voting slip. but hey none of us wanna be in purgatory right. that place is for fucking losers.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:00 AM   #30
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
Define modern Christian and what is blind faith? In fact, what is un-blind faith?
Not challenging you just curious what you mean.

Put it this way. Have faith in God (or whatever believe in).

It's no different than you asking the hot ass girl that's sitting in your car after a ride and you spilled your guts out; she's borderline on the fence and you say "have faith in me, and in us".

Will your bf tell you to have faith in us? yup. Will God tell you thru SMS, or in person, most likely not.

When you and your wife finds out you're expecting and you have no idea if you will be a good father but your wife says "have a little faith in yourself"

Faith is hard to explain. NO DIFFERENT if your future gf asks you "can you explain faith" "How do you know our faith in this relationship"...

That's another topic all together.

Modern Christian, was just a catch all for today's Christians. The type that still believes but doesn't go to church every Sunday. There's still the old faithful out there but I'm mostly referring to the casual Christian.

Faith to me is belief in something contrary to evidence. Using your examples, believing a relationship will work out in the end despite everything going downhill.

The example I like to use is money. If nobody believed the piece of paper in my pocket has a value of $20 then it's just a piece of paper. If nobody believed the numbers in my bank account has any value then it's just bits and bytes. Faith is what gives money value.

What I notice these days is that Christian scientists go and try to find evidence that supports their beliefs. Evidence to prove events in the Bible actually happened. I just think that the need to go prove the Bible to be a true account of history is basically questioning their faith and faith is what the big three religions are based on.

So back to my question. It doesn't matter how, if God asked you to believe in his plan and to kill your child. Would you? That question was open to everyone BTW.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:25 AM   #31
I keep RS good

you have to tell me how i would be able to distinguish it as divine word from God himself or schizophrenia.

if i can't distinguish the two well... maybe they're one and the same. just faith lol.

if you believe it, then you believe it.

then that is the ultimate test.

if you truly believe it, then you will prove it through your zealousness.

your actions will speak for your values.

if you don't kill your kid, you either don't believe in god, or at that moment you realised you'd rather go to hell and disobey gods command than kill your own child.

vishnu swoops in and smacks u upside the head for hanging out with the original sinners and tells you that he's been around for eons before God was. and that god is just a spoiled kid like the chinese fuer-dai driving lambos. he got too much power too soon. that little shit making all the other gods look bad.

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 11-10-2015 at 12:33 AM.
Old 11-10-2015, 05:00 AM   #32
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Lol Ulic, whatever you are smoking, they must be good.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 05:27 AM   #33
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
Tldr
Old 11-10-2015, 07:15 AM   #34
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Tldr

Skimmed through first paragraph. Almost gave me cancer.
frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 07:26 AM   #35
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
shit this is the best answer in the thread!
I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
yes my question has been answered (not by CIC). I did not know that original sin was passed down to all. it's like guilty by association. isn't that a really primitive law lol.
do not group all christians' under the belief of original sin. that could be a separate debatable topic among theologians in itself.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-10-2015, 07:47 AM   #36
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
Yea, which bible do you follow, the one re-written by a king, or the 50 other variations..

Base my life off dem chapters best-sellers
Old 11-10-2015, 11:00 AM   #37
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Faith = Hope. Without hope, all is lost. My belief is that "faith" is believing in something that is either contrary to evidence or has no evidence at all. It gives hope when there is none. Release control and be set free. Have faith in something you know nothing about. Faith and religion are two completely different things in my opinion. It just so happens that faith applies to religion.

I am a man of faith but I think religion is bogus out-dated fear mongering BS. No disrespect to any religious peeps out there because anyone has the right to do or believe in anything. It's just not for me.

Good discussion though
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-10-2015, 11:52 AM   #38
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Ulic, this is sooo Frank Yang.
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-10-2015, 07:03 PM   #39
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,776 Times in 444 Posts
Christian here. I'll answer, but you gotta tell me what you were smoking when you came up with it.

There's essentially two commandments:

- Respect/worship God

- Treat others like you'd like to be treated.

Since I'd rather not get sacrificed, I wouldn't sacrifice a baby.

http://www.e38registry.org/
Mr.C is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-10-2015, 08:09 PM   #40
I subscribe to Revscene

Who would change the diapers of the babies in heaven? or cradle them to sleep? ... heaven slaves?
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 02:53 AM   #41
I keep RS good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expresso View Post
Ulic, this is sooo Frank Yang.
hahaha to be honest, frank yang is like the socially shameless version of me. I often think we could be long lost taiwanese brothers. shit i should just make videos like him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
Christian here. I'll answer, but you gotta tell me what you were smoking when you came up with it.

There's essentially two commandments:

- Respect/worship God

- Treat others like you'd like to be treated.

Since I'd rather not get sacrificed, I wouldn't sacrifice a baby.
honestly i wasnt smoking anything. i actually saw this question posted on quora... and it just stumped me. i totally froze and thought about it. then i decided to ask the people of RS for an answer with more flare than the answers you can find on quora lol. quora is too PC. people wont post shit if they think it'll offend people. i came here for RAW answers. say it like you mean it. say it with conviction. don't want any leftist libertarian pussy covered answers.

true enough answer. I know the golden rule. it's the only rule i believe in. I believe all religion stems from that single rule. that's the ONLY religious rule. everything else is dogmatic bullshit.

basically ANYTHING that is dogmatic... ex. if you do X, Y will happen. or thou must not do X. thou must do Y... those are all human inventions for the purpose of control or ego.

Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
Faith = Hope. Without hope, all is lost. My belief is that "faith" is believing in something that is either contrary to evidence or has no evidence at all. It gives hope when there is none. Release control and be set free. Have faith in something you know nothing about. Faith and religion are two completely different things in my opinion. It just so happens that faith applies to religion.

I am a man of faith but I think religion is bogus out-dated fear mongering BS. No disrespect to any religious peeps out there because anyone has the right to do or believe in anything. It's just not for me.

Good discussion though
i actually had a theory that faith is actually required for things to be tested at it's most extreme.

imagine things spreading in all directions, through learning and experience, experimenting and validation... etc etc. any form of spreading, whether it be physical or mentally. spiritually or religiously.

the extremists, the zealots, the martyrs... they're the ones that will never stray, no matter the evidence or doubt. no matter what society says, no matter what the universe says. they will always keep on the same path till their bodies deteriorate till the point they cannot go any further.

it's the universes way of making sure that something will keep trying that direction for all of eternity. you never know what's at the end of that path unless you keep going without doubt, without your faith being shaken.

We see that everyday. sometimes some people will succeed with all odds and evidence against them... some people will fail, even with all odds and evidence WITH them.

and then the learning process is that all other humans will observe and study these other people and the information is spread to the rest. and hopefully everyone gets "upgraded" in the process of having a few zealots wander into oblivion. but we still need to know where oblivion is.

like ants in a colony spreading out in search of whatever. most ants are going no where and will never return. but the ones that do return with whatever it is, other ants will start to follow.

it's a necessity for intelligent evolution. for exploration. testing the limits.
Old 11-11-2015, 03:39 AM   #42
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Holy fuck, too many movies for some of you. To actually think that there is a place in the clouds, with golden gates that lets you through to eternal peace, is absurd.

Do people actually think that they'll be given a list of committed sins when they die so they can review on how they lived their life?

Nobody knows what happens after death and nobody has lived to tell it, well.. fuck obviously.

The belief of going to hell after death exists only because you, yourself, cannot truly forgive yourself of your sins. "God" is simply, your morals and your conscience. It's easy to say you can forgive yourself after you rob an innocent family or whatever, but it's honestly hard to do. If it truly goes against your conscience, it'll linger in your subconscious and it is the moments of your last seconds that you'll bravely come forward and admit your sins, or never at all. When you die with guilt, you'll die a horrible death, sending your soul in a tormented state, which is considered hell. Even the evilest person on earth have morals and conscience, it's just that they're so tied up with their conscious life (be it taught, traumatized, etc.) that they'll never be able to dig into their subconscious where the truth lies.

IMO, there is no God, but there are souls like wanderers, spirits like guiding angels, demons, and devils. And thus, I believe in reincarnation. There are many witness/encounters of things like ghosts, demonic possessions, angelic guidance, but you never hear anything about a much higher entity throwing judgments at you or seeing a higher entity stopping an inevitable fatal car crash, etc.

In the end, what you believe is what you believe. Right and wrong, good or bad, is only in your mind. Circumstances where survival and/or protection comes into play, who is it to determine said action is right or wrong? So many different scenarios can determine if an action is good or bad, it's how you end up portraying it. However, law and society has come into a major part of this and has clouded our minds that in many scenarios, it is better not to act in a "wrong" way, even if your morals and principals says it is okay to act.

If you believe what people think of you matters, than you believe that they have the right to judge you. Again, it's easy to say, IDGAF what others think, but subconsciously, you might, and most likely, the majority of us do, otherwise we wouldn't be wearing nice clothes, going to work smelling nice, etc.

Lastly, if you've come here to seek answers on religion, a specific question to right and wrong, or reasons and ways of life, you're somewhat lost somewhere in your life. Otherwise you wouldn't be needing answers. On top of that, if you're the kind of people preaching about your religion to others, you're not a true believer/follower/whatever because you're seeking for validation (whenever someone listens, follows, and/or agrees). Don't preach, teach.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote