REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-27-2022, 01:44 PM   #1001
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
My boss has a 2017 with the 30 kwh battery.
right now the battery is at 91% and he only gets about 100km of range.

BEsides that, he's enjoyed the car.

What else would you like to know?
Primarily seeing if there are any nagging issues or gripes that are hard to identify from a short test drive. Since the 2020+ models never launched in the US, it's not as easy finding people's long-term experience with the vehicle. But then again, perhaps no news is good news.
Advertisement
radeonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 02:30 PM   #1002
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,516 Times in 5,138 Posts
Haha, that's a lot of... uhm... compromising.

Spending $40,000+ on something and 5 years later it's getting close to being bricked.... but still saying you enjoyed the experience? lol
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 09:20 PM   #1003
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,504 Times in 1,162 Posts
https://driveteslacanada.ca/news/vw-...or-first-look/

Some interior shots of the ID Buzz

Pre production model
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 02:38 AM   #1004
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post

Spending $40,000+ on something and 5 years later it's getting close to being bricked.... but still saying you enjoyed the experience? lol
Avg consumption is 5km/kW so essentially he can drive 120km easily. Winter will take a toll, but that is with all EVs. Many first gen Leaf from 2011-2013 are with 24KwH batteries are happy with them being a city vehicles.

One my ex-colleague has 2011 and commute from Ladner to North Richmond, he said it's the best vehicle he got. Pays off in return within 1.5yrs PLUS getting home way quicker with HOV access. He said if calculating the hours saves....the leaf would of been paid off within a year.
M Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 05:58 AM   #1005
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,183 Times in 967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeRNammer View Post
https://driveteslacanada.ca/news/vw-...or-first-look/

Some interior shots of the ID Buzz

Pre production model
I know it probably won't happen but I hope they sell the short wheelbase model here too. I'm fairly certain the long one is going to be too big for my needs. Looks really promising otherwise - it's a bit narrower than I thought it'd be which is also a plus IMO.
Old 01-28-2022, 07:20 AM   #1006
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post

He bought the car used. Got the $3K scrap it rebate for his 300K km TL so he was happy with that.

Currently he drives less than 10km to work. So the reduced range doesn't affect him too much.

So far issues with the car. He just took it to Kia for servicing. Flushing the brake fluid but no other issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-28-2022, 08:22 AM   #1007
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by supafamous View Post
I know it probably won't happen but I hope they sell the short wheelbase model here too. I'm fairly certain the long one is going to be too big for my needs. Looks really promising otherwise - it's a bit narrower than I thought it'd be which is also a plus IMO.

From this video, it seems quite compact. But like you said, it can be the smaller variant.
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 10:57 AM   #1008

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Speed View Post
Avg consumption is 5km/kW so essentially he can drive 120km easily. Winter will take a toll, but that is with all EVs. Many first gen Leaf from 2011-2013 are with 24KwH batteries are happy with them being a city vehicles.

One my ex-colleague has 2011 and commute from Ladner to North Richmond, he said it's the best vehicle he got. Pays off in return within 1.5yrs PLUS getting home way quicker with HOV access. He said if calculating the hours saves....the leaf would of been paid off within a year.
Your former colleague should be careful where they drive their EV in the HOV lanes as on the vast majority of Hwy 99, you are not allowed to drive solo in an EV in the HOV lane.
Koflach is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-28-2022, 11:41 AM   #1009
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koflach View Post
Your former colleague should be careful where they drive their EV in the HOV lanes as on the vast majority of Hwy 99, you are not allowed to drive solo in an EV in the HOV lane.
Spoiler!
The EV sticker rules says "Electric vehicles (EVs) displaying an official decal are allowed in provincial highway and municipal high occupancy vehicle lanes (HOV) in British Columbia regardless of the number of passengers in the car, unless a sign is posted indicating otherwise."

But in what case would there be an HOV sign (the two left correct ones) where it doesn't specify the number of people or specifies 1 person? Can't think of one that looks like that.
Old 01-30-2022, 10:32 PM   #1010

Ok decals EV are allowed south bound in the HOV from Westminster Hwy to Steveston Hwy. Also north bound from river road to entrance of the tunnel. Also hwy 17 north of ladner trunk road. All these are bottlenecks that HOV will save lots of times.
Old 01-31-2022, 07:51 AM   #1011
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,021 Times in 1,914 Posts
^ and don't forget ... all of Hwy 1 west and east bound.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 08:07 AM   #1012

And also Willingdon North and South Bound, but not enough signage to indicate OK EV cars allowed.
Quote:
Quote:
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
Old 01-31-2022, 09:16 AM   #1013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
The EV sticker rules says "Electric vehicles (EVs) displaying an official decal are allowed in provincial highway and municipal high occupancy vehicle lanes (HOV) in British Columbia regardless of the number of passengers in the car, unless a sign is posted indicating otherwise."

But in what case would there be an HOV sign (the two left correct ones) where it doesn't specify the number of people or specifies 1 person? Can't think of one that looks like that.
I think the issue is the wording. Technically the bus only diamond and 6 passenger car pool only lanes are not HOV lanes so having the OK stickers still means you can be subject to tickets.
Hastings from Boundry rd towards downtown is a bus only lane.
Broadway and 41st ave area also bus only lanes.

Willingdon also has a carpool only lane so you run the risk of a ticket in that lane.
Quote:
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 01-31-2022, 09:17 AM   #1014

Quote:
And also Willingdon North and South Bound, but not enough signage to indicate OK EV cars allowed.
Double check that. I believe those are car pool only lanes so the OK stickers do not apply.
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 01-31-2022, 09:20 AM   #1015
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:
I think the issue is the wording. Technically the bus only diamond and 6 passenger car pool only lanes are not HOV lanes so having the OK stickers still means you can be subject to tickets.
Hastings from Boundry rd towards downtown is a bus only lane.
Broadway and 41st ave area also bus only lanes.

Willingdon also has a carpool only lane so you run the risk of a ticket in that lane.
Hence why they have the red X below them from the government website. But that wasn't my question.
Old 01-31-2022, 09:36 AM   #1016

Quote:
Double check that. I believe those are car pool only lanes so the OK stickers do not apply.

Here's the signage

Northbound Willingdon at Moscrop

Confusing as fuck having the signage seperate.

EDIT

The other signage for OK EV going Southbound is by the Chevron before Canada Way
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 01-31-2022, 10:09 AM   #1017

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
Hence why they have the red X below them from the government website. But that wasn't my question.
I know that wasn't your question.
The answer to your question is not that I can think of.

But to Koflach's post that bus only lanes and carpool lanes are not ok.
People assume the diamond means HOV lane.
Even motorcycles aren't allowed in those bus only lanes.
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
This post thanked by:
Old 01-31-2022, 10:16 AM   #1018

Quote:
Spoiler!

Here's the signage

Northbound Willingdon at Moscrop

Confusing as fuck having the signage seperate.

EDIT

The other signage for OK EV going Southbound is by the Chevron before Canada Way
Interesting. So going southbound, I started at Dawson and the first sign I see is Bus and 6 person only and bicycle. Nothing about EV's.
Second sign, by the Still Creek exit, gets confusing as they have the 2 person in the car HOV but under it it says 6 people in the vehicle.
It goes for basically 4 or 5 blocks before you see the first OK sign.

After you pass Canada Way, there is a sign that says Bus and 6 people car. And on the next pole they have the OK sign.

Horrible. but now I know I can be in that lane.

Thanks.
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 01-31-2022, 07:49 PM   #1019
G
Banned (BBM)

Managed to put a deposit for an Ioniq 5 today, hopefully I can still make it onto the waitlist!
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 08:53 PM   #1020

Bottom line when it comes to driving an EV solo in the HOV lane, if it doesn't have the EVOK sign, you cannot drive in it without risk of being ticketed. The map I posted earlier clearly shows where you can and cannot drive solo in an EV in the HOV lane.
Koflach is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-31-2022, 09:26 PM   #1021
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,021 Times in 1,914 Posts
^ can we say something even simpler? You can drive on any HOV lane with the wording "2 or more persons" or the icon of 2 or more person. You cannot go on the HOV lanes where you see minimum 6 people Vanpool image/icon. Just think of that EV OK sign on your bumper as having one extra passenger in your car. It's not that complicated, is it?

Last edited by whitev70r; 02-01-2022 at 08:30 AM.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 10:44 PM   #1022
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,825 Times in 3,905 Posts
unrelated, taxis can't legally use the newer 41st ave bus/bike lanes 7am-7pm, correct?
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 05:54 AM   #1023

Thanked 2,183 Times in 967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
unrelated, taxis can't legally use the newer 41st ave bus/bike lanes 7am-7pm, correct?
Correct. There are so many assholes (non-taxis included) that use that lane illegally especially between Victoria and Fraser. Wish the cops would ticket a few folks for that.
Old 02-01-2022, 04:04 PM   #1024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koflach View Post
Bottom line when it comes to driving an EV solo in the HOV lane, if it doesn't have the EVOK sign, you cannot drive in it without risk of being ticketed. The map I posted earlier clearly shows where you can and cannot drive solo in an EV in the HOV lane.
You were proven incorrect but still insist. Wellingdon are 6 people lane but OK decal is allowed.

Your map also clearly stated municipal HOV are not included.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-01-2022, 07:07 PM   #1025
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,825 Times in 3,905 Posts
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...omy-announced/

wow tundra hybrid 4x4 only returns 21mpg combined

Quote:
Originally Posted by supafamous View Post
There are so many assholes (non-taxis included) that use that lane illegally especially between Victoria and Fraser. Wish the cops would ticket a few folks for that.
i see Cain & co put on their sirens on to get people out of the bus lane
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote