REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:36 PM   #51
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Truam. 2018.
Advertisement
Gnomes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-18-2017, 09:45 PM   #52
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
When I run for mayor, I'm gonna campaign on fxxking ripping out **ALL** the bike lanes and reinstate the Molson Indy Street Circuit for public use every goddamned day of the week.

I will campaign for you for free.
Hell i'd throw in my 14 dolla to the slosh fund, er, campaign money.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-19-2017, 04:02 AM   #53
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Currently in Tokyo now and people still uses bike. They park their bike near a train station. However the difference is that the cyclists in Tokyo have skills and obey the traffic law. In fact they are more careful than cars and pestrains. Buy cyclists in Vancouver have zero skills and doesn't obey the traffic laws. When you tell them they always hit you coz they didn't stop they give you the middle finger. That's the difference.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-22-2017, 12:14 AM   #54
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene

You guys should check out bike sharing in China. Pick up bike with app, leave the bike wherever there is bike parking. If they had that in DT i'd definitely use the bike lanes a lot more. Bike usage has exponentially grew ever since the companies started pushing aggressively into the city, and to be honest I've been loving it. It's perfect for those short trips that's too far to walk but too short to drive.
$_$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 05:14 AM   #55
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,451 Times in 5,113 Posts
Yah it's great....... in places where it doesn't rain 70% of the time.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 05:30 AM   #56
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Yah it's great....... in places where it doesn't rain 70% of the time.
I know the solution to that......

Spoiler!
minoru_tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 07:17 AM   #57
Editor

Thanked 3,179 Times in 874 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by $_$ View Post
You guys should check out bike sharing in China. Pick up bike with app, leave the bike wherever there is bike parking. If they had that in DT i'd definitely use the bike lanes a lot more. Bike usage has exponentially grew ever since the companies started pushing aggressively into the city, and to be honest I've been loving it. It's perfect for those short trips that's too far to walk but too short to drive.
uh you mean this?
https://www.mobibikes.ca
Old 05-22-2017, 07:33 AM   #58
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Quote:
They DO have that in the GVA and it usually fails. Not only due to our 1 month of sun a year but the rich mentality of not wanting to rent lol. It's a bike. You can get on for $50 on Craigslist
Old 05-22-2017, 06:51 PM   #59
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
Quote:
Guess u forgot to mention all the bikes ppl lay around cuz i see a shit load ppl leave and lock them up randomly on the sidewalk all tipped over

Plus the fact no one comes and collect broken bikes when there broken (i have yet seem them, so not too sure when they collect them), i have seen a shit load of broken share bikes in packs on the ground which no one picks up and that totally just blocks the sidewalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 07:16 PM   #60
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post
Guess u forgot to mention all the bikes ppl lay around cuz i see a shit load ppl leave and lock them up randomly on the sidewalk all tipped over

Plus the fact no one comes and collect broken bikes when there broken (i have yet seem them, so not too sure when they collect them), i have seen a shit load of broken share bikes in packs on the ground which no one picks up and that totally just blocks the sidewalk
He's talking about bike share programs like in Montreal BIXI which require credit cards and a deposit to borrow bikes. There are penalties if you don't return them on time. I'm sure people will be much more responsible with their bike share usage if their credit cards are on the hook.

https://www.bixi.com/en/how-it-works
Old 05-22-2017, 09:58 PM   #61
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmvdesign View Post
He's talking about bike share programs like in Montreal BIXI which require credit cards and a deposit to borrow bikes. There are penalties if you don't return them on time. I'm sure people will be much more responsible with their bike share usage if their credit cards are on the hook.

https://www.bixi.com/en/how-it-works
Before
After

won't work in Van seeing the cost of bikes in china is like what 50RMB or less while a bike in Van is at least $50CAD. That's a huge difference. Also in China (Beijing) is mostly sunny/cloudy so no rain. Is also super cheap to rent them in China (like $1RMB for 30mins which is around 20 cents CAD). Not to mention I can just leave them on the street anywhere unlike in Van where people have to lock them up in bike station.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2018, 08:32 PM   #62
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,004 Times in 1,909 Posts
Don't particularly like Wai Young but she kinda has a point here. Probably one of the WORST places in the city to put a bike lane!

When Young arrived, she couldn’t have arranged the backdrop better herself for her message that “healthy cyclists” were being given precedence over frail patients needing to access the emergency department at VGH: An ambulance backed in beside Young to attend to a call at a nearby apartment building, and the paramedics weren’t able to pull up to the curb because of the bike lane.

“They’re giving healthy cyclists the right of way when the vulnerable and the sick need to cross the road,” she said, as the paramedics prepared a stretcher.

Last edited by whitev70r; 08-02-2018 at 07:52 AM.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 12:55 AM   #63
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
doesn't emergency vehicle have the right of way over everything?

I think flashing lights and responders pulling out a stretcher sends a clear message to the cyclist: please yield

any reasons why they're unloading on the street when VGH has a driveway right in front of the urgent care entrance?

and I haven't seen a cross-walk that suggested for peds to yield to cyclist, it's always the other way around
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-02-2018, 07:28 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
doesn't emergency vehicle have the right of way over everything?

I think flashing lights and responders pulling out a stretcher sends a clear message to the cyclist: please yield

any reasons why they're unloading on the street when VGH has a driveway right in front of the urgent care entrance?

and I haven't seen a cross-walk that suggested for peds to yield to cyclist, it's always the other way around
Sure that's the law states but how many cyclist ACTUALLY OBEY THE LAW. In fact if you pointed out to them that they are not obeying the traffic law 9/10 of them will just give you the middle finger and swear right back at you.

I experience many many times where cyclist just blow pass a red or even when the crosswalk sign is on they just blow right through it. In most case I will just walk up to the corsswalk if they do hit me you can bet I am going to sue their ass.

Last edited by Mr.HappySilp; 08-02-2018 at 07:34 AM.
Old 08-02-2018, 08:44 AM   #65
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,456 Times in 989 Posts
how many drivers
-make a full stop at every stop sign
-never touch their phones while driving
-always stay under the speed limit
-always use their turn signals
-never try to run a yellow
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 09:25 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
how many drivers
How many cyclist actually have insurance so when they cause an accident you can actually make a claim against them?
How many cyclist VS drivers would just ran off after they cause an accident?
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-02-2018, 09:32 AM   #67
SFICC-03*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
How many cyclist VS drivers would just ran off after they cause an accident?
many drivers do the same thing. i'm just pointing out the similarities.
Old 08-02-2018, 09:36 AM   #68

Quote:
many drivers do the same thing. i'm just pointing out the similarities.
Chances are having a driving running away is very low when compare to when a cyclist. Coz when a driver run away from an accident someone would have caught their license plate. With a cyclist they can just ride away and there is really no way to track them coz they actually don't have a license plate.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-02-2018, 09:45 AM   #69
RS.net Licensed Sponsor

i dont get it, why do they keep wasting taxes payers money installing these bike lanes when....Vancouver rains 10 months thru out the year. I never see any cyclists during the winter, its just not practical at all. hell, i dont blame them, no one wonna reek like a wet dog entering the office and having to bring an extra set of clothes just to change.

www.drivehard.ca
140/150 11351 Bridgeport Road
Richmond, BC
604-270-2494

Official dealers of : Volk Racing, Vossen wheels, Yokohama, Gram lights, KICS Project, Status Racing Seat, AMS tuning, KW Automotive, Work Wheel, VMR Wheel, Macht Schnell, Tein, Defi, Vishnu Tuning, HRE Wheel, MXP Exhaust, Vorsteiner, Varis, Arqray, Techart, Champion, Iforged, NEEZ Wheel
DHP 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-02-2018, 09:48 AM   #70
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,004 Times in 1,909 Posts
^ lots of people bring a change of clothing and have access to showers at their office.

As a cyclist and rider, I for one think there is enough bike lanes. It's getting a bit overboard. We already have bike lanes, routes, and paths that can take you anywhere you can possibly want to go in the city.

Last edited by whitev70r; 08-02-2018 at 01:58 PM.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 01:39 PM   #71
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,379 Times in 478 Posts
but people taking the bike routes is really low. There is usually a bike route parallel to a big street but they won't take it and just cause headaches for the drivers.

Hate it when cyclist take the knight bridge on the road and there is a sign telling them to take the sidewalk and yield to pedestrians
lilaznviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 02:06 PM   #72
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

you know what would be a good solution?

-remove the bike lanes outside the hospital
-remove some of the permanent barriers and replace with temporary ones so when the usage is low they can be converted back to car lanes (outside of summer)

something as insignificant as bike lanes is an election issue.. fml
jackmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 02:13 PM   #73
SFICC-03*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaznviper View Post
Hate it when cyclist take the knight bridge on the road and there is a sign telling them to take the sidewalk and yield to pedestrians
ive seen a bike on a major bridge deck once in my life, on the patullo. he was an idiot. it's pretty rare and unusual to see something like that, not the norm by any stretch.
Old 08-02-2018, 03:49 PM   #74

Quote:
how many drivers
Damn, I got 4/5. Dat speed limit one doe
Old 08-02-2018, 03:52 PM   #75

Also, we need more bike lanes in Richmond. Not like full on green painted car width lanes, but just that extra bit of “shoulder” before the sidewalk. We have nice cycle routes around the perimeter, but sometimes you actually want to ride somewhere and not just to Steveston.

I’ll proudly say I ride my bike on the sidewalk. Born and raised in richmond, you’ll never see me ride my bike on 3 road or 2 road or Steveston hwy etc