REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-02-2018, 04:19 PM   #76
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
how many drivers
-make a full stop at every stop sign
-never touch their phones while driving
-always stay under the speed limit
-always use their turn signals
-never try to run a yellow
I'm sure there are a number of drivers who can check all or most of those boxes, while oblivious that they are inconsiderate and dangerous to other motorists. - left hand lane hogs, cutting off other drivers, unsafe late left turns, etc.
Advertisement
Old 08-02-2018, 04:34 PM   #77
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

The bike lanes in front of the hospital is pretty ridiculous. There are also many medical offices around that area, it was hard enough to reach them as is.
Old 08-02-2018, 06:00 PM   #78
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,965 Times in 1,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Also, we need more bike lanes in Richmond. Not like full on green painted car width lanes, but just that extra bit of “shoulder” before the sidewalk. We have nice cycle routes around the perimeter, but sometimes you actually want to ride somewhere and not just to Steveston.

I’ll proudly say I ride my bike on the sidewalk. Born and raised in richmond, you’ll never see me ride my bike on 3 road or 2 road or Steveston hwy etc
Garden City, Williams, Railway, Granville are not bad cycle routes with designated bike lane. That should be enough to go North/South, West/East take you anywhere in Richmond. I mean c'mon, Richmond is not that big and it is pretty flat.

Having said that, riding in Richmond, especially on weekends, ... make sure your life insurance is up to date and that you kiss your SO before you head off! There is a segment on Strava labelled 'Don't get blindsided by Costco-bound cars'. There should be another one called, 'Don't get hit by Walmart-bound cars' on Garden City northbound near that new retail mall.

Last edited by whitev70r; 08-03-2018 at 01:56 PM.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 09:25 PM   #79
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Sure that's the law states but how many cyclist ACTUALLY OBEY THE LAW. In fact if you pointed out to them that they are not obeying the traffic law 9/10 of them will just give you the middle finger and swear right back at you.

I experience many many times where cyclist just blow pass a red or even when the crosswalk sign is on they just blow right through it. In most case I will just walk up to the corsswalk if they do hit me you can bet I am going to sue their ass.
fuck cyclists who dont obey the rules, i hope they crash n burn. recently at a 3 way stop intersection, as im making my left turn, a cyclist blows past his stop sign and stops next to my car with his arms up in giving me a wtf. i told his he has a fking stop sign and he needs to stop, of course he rides away
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-03-2018, 06:44 AM   #80
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,761 Times in 903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
^ lots of people bring a change of clothing and have access to showers at their office.

As a cyclist and rider, I for one think there is enough bike lanes. It's getting a bit overboard. We already have bike lanes, routes, and paths that can take you anywhere you can possibly want to go in the city.
Lots do have access to showers but in the grand scheme of things I bet it's still only like 5-10% of people have access to showers. I would never feel comfortable after sweating to just change clothes but not shower but that's just me, people do it all the time since they have no choice.

As a driver who does not do bike nor transit I have no issues with bike lanes itself but what I've been pissed about is the total lack of disregard in the implementation of the lanes themselves. A decision is made to put in a bike lane, regardless of how many people complain it's been decided, and then ground breaks like almost instantly. Where as there are other pressing issues with road repair related stuff in certain areas of the City which uses the same crews and have been issues for days/weeks/years that just sit there and wait.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-03-2018, 01:17 PM   #81
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,800 Times in 3,897 Posts
I give myself 15 minutes to change and cool-off...my routes are usually only 5 or 10 miles each way though and the uphills are on the way home

but yes I think our current cycling infrastructure at least in Vancouver, Burnaby and Coquitlam are perfectly adequate
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 12:31 AM   #82
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Also, we need more bike lanes in Richmond. Not like full on green painted car width lanes, but just that extra bit of “shoulder” before the sidewalk. We have nice cycle routes around the perimeter, but sometimes you actually want to ride somewhere and not just to Steveston.

I’ll proudly say I ride my bike on the sidewalk. Born and raised in richmond, you’ll never see me ride my bike on 3 road or 2 road or Steveston hwy etc
bike lanes with all the clais.. lol
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote