REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-26-2015, 09:29 PM   #101
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,934 Times in 494 Posts
Bought the Eddie Bauer Microtherm Stormdown Jacket today at 50% off.

This same one:
Men's Custom Microtherm Jacket | Eddie Bauer

That's $279 and then 50% off.

I needed a new thinner jacket, and wanted to get the jacket for such a long time, and now, it's 50% off.

The colours they had in stock were similar to what I envisioned, so it is a very good deal.

All Eddie Bauer stores are 50% off the entire store.

Not sure if the sale will still be ongoing (phone in to check).
Advertisement
Marshall Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-26-2015, 09:30 PM   #102
KO7
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades View Post
I went to Sport Check today and they had a "min 20% off" on almost everything but the actual discount price isn't on the tag. People lined up at the cashiers just to check the discount.
Yeah I noticed that too when I went to the Broadway one. Luckily I had checked the price of what I wanted before I went in because unluckily, it was sold out online.
KO7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 10:25 PM   #103
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Canadians line up for Boxing Day deals in biggest sales event of the year | Globalnews.ca

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 10:49 PM   #104
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,527 Times in 4,912 Posts
Nevermind that, shitload of Americans came up today. I was at Peace Arch crossing (southbound) and it was hella busier than usual. One asian family in front of me had so much shit in the trunk and cabin that when the granny opened up the back door, shit started falling out. With the low CAD and Boxing Day Sales, it was a really good opportunity for our cousins down south to save even more.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 10:57 PM   #105
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,608 Times in 5,172 Posts
I went to Imperial Hobbies in Richmond for their 25% off sale, bought some things... their new store on Russ Baker Way is so much nicer and easier to navigate. They seem much happier there.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-26-2015, 10:58 PM   #106
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Went to Best Buy on Marine/Ontario at around 9:30 AM, busy but easy to find parking and only lined up for about 2 mins to pay, everything went better than expected. Got the 43" 4K LG, originally looked at the 48" 4K Samsung for only $100 more but the LG definitely looked better from the sides. I was pretty tempted to line up for that $250 43" toshiba doorcrasher though.

Went to RC in the afternoon, quite the shit show. My car's trip computer average fuel economy went up quite a bit circling the parking lot lol, took about 20 mins to find a spot. Got a pair of Levis jeans from the bay but I realized I just don't have the patience to shop for clothes anymore.

I did most of my shopping on Christmas Eve/Christmas at night. Many of these stores let you return stuff you purchased online in store which is what I think I'm gonna do with some of the stuff I got
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 11:30 PM   #107
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Wonder if anyone try to cut in at Holt Renfrew. I still remember last year (of the year before). A bunch of fobs (mostly Chinese, Koreans and some Japanese) try to cut in front of everyone and it was put on youtube. Police have to come in to maintain order. All just for some last season crap.

Last edited by Mr.HappySilp; 12-26-2015 at 11:41 PM.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 08:22 AM   #108
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,948 Times in 3,887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
Battlefront sucks, nobody wants the uncharted bundle
I mean if you're gonna fucking rebundle old ass games at least make the goddamn thing 1TB
You mean the remastered version of one of the greatest game trilogies ever made?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-27-2015, 09:21 AM   #109
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,608 Times in 5,172 Posts
^I think a teenage girl who got a Lexus instead of a BMW for her 16th birthday hijacked his computer to write the original post
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 10:01 AM   #110
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
I stand by what I said lol

I enjoyed the series. I have the damn games on PS3 and I'm pretty sure I've platinum'd at least one of them

To me remastering games that aren't even that old and has nothing wrong with it screams laziness.
Goddamn Xbox gets it. They actually bundle games that people haven't played before. I just haven't gotten that desperate enough to buy an Xbox yet.

Ps4 will bundle you recycled ps3 games...the kicker is they're throwing you a bonus of gow3. Which every living ps gamer mustve fucking played at least 20 times.

Great games yeah, but caman, gimme something new.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-27-2015, 10:03 AM   #111
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 4,518 Times in 691 Posts
Buying a Note 5 in a couple weeks, this seems like a good deal so I picked it up. Normally $70 on for $40.

Samsung Fast Charge Wireless Charging Pad (EP-PN920BBEGCA) - Black : USB Home/Wall Chargers - Best Buy Canada
1992 Nissan President Sovereign, Black
1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R, Black
1989 Nissan Skyline GTS-4, Black
1986 Porsche 944, Black
SpartanAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 01:50 PM   #112
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,948 Times in 3,887 Posts
Quote:
To me remastering games that aren't even that old and has nothing wrong with it screams laziness.
Uncharted came out in 2007. I have a feeling part of why the XB1 comes with different style bundled games (although there is the GoW bundle) is due to the backwards compatibility, and knowing that they haven't got jack shit for exclusives so they need to try to trick people into buying one over a PS4.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 01:58 PM   #113
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Richmond outlets were brutal, not worth the discounts and poor stores / selection.
mciroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 03:28 PM   #114
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
I can't bring myself to buy Samsung products. Just don't like them as a company or else I would have had a sound bar long ago lol

Curved one had great specs, tell us how it is
Bought a 55" curved Samsung 4K UHD 240 Motion Rate 3D capable tv on Black Friday. I've finally hooked up the Samsung Curved 8.1 channel sound bar w/ 7" sub, the only cables I've hooked up are the AC power cables. Fits flush with the tv width wise. Easy to connect to the device via TV connect, Bluetooth, HDMI and USB.

I've always been hesitant when it comes to a sound bar, but this changes my perspective on them. Very good quality crisp sound and bass as well. I must say, it's one of the best things I've purchased this year that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
I went to Saskatchewan once. 30min is all I need to know that I don't want to go back there.
koukimonst3r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-27-2015, 03:44 PM   #115
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanAir View Post
Buying a Note 5 in a couple weeks, this seems like a good deal so I picked it up. Normally $70 on for $40.

Samsung Fast Charge Wireless Charging Pad (EP-PN920BBEGCA) - Black : USB Home/Wall Chargers - Best Buy Canada

Why not get a note 5 now? Get your carrier to match best buy price which is $149.99 on 2 years. That's half the advertise prices of the carriers
DavidNguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 05:25 PM   #116
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
I stand by what I said lol

I enjoyed the series. I have the damn games on PS3 and I'm pretty sure I've platinum'd at least one of them

Goddamn Xbox gets it. They actually bundle games that people haven't played before. I just haven't gotten that desperate enough to buy an Xbox yet.

Ps4 will bundle you recycled ps3 games...the kicker is they're throwing you a bonus of gow3. Which every living ps gamer mustve fucking played at least 20 times.

Great games yeah, but caman, gimme something new.
I don't think Xbox gets it at all. They never got their pricing right from the start and they kept bundling Kinect with their systems. I'd choose a remastered game than that POS Kinect.

The Xbox One is being outsold globally by the PS4 at a 2:1 ratio and nobody outside of North America seems to care about Xbox. Japan is one of the most important video game markets and they are getting slaughtered by Sony and Nintendo.
Old 12-27-2015, 05:29 PM   #117
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
3:1 from what i remember,since all the exclusive DLC's are happening for the ps4 too.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:25 AM   #118
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxrsxxx View Post
Did anyone go out? I was in downtown during the morning hours and it didn't seem too busy, but maybe it picked up as the day went by.
I went to gastown and downtown, gastown was surprisingly quiet compared to prior years - except stussy. I go every year but didn't bother this year, line was probably at least an hour and a half. downtown was busy at the usual spots (pc, granville robson) but just a little busier than a normal weekend I'd say

got a pair of bose headphones for 69 from 159, oakley canopy goggles for 20% off and an underarmour base layer for the mountains at 30% off. was trying to find an arcteryx jacket too but didn't have much luck with size or selection everywhere I went
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 01:53 PM   #119
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,584 Times in 4,299 Posts
The only boxing day purchase I made this year is Dyson 37 animal vacuum from Best Buy, ended up getting it for $450 when its regular $600.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 04:06 PM   #120
I subscribe to Revscene

wanting to buy an off contract note 5 but can't find any deals..
DC5-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 07:10 AM   #121

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Uncharted came out in 2007. I have a feeling part of why the XB1 comes with different style bundled games (although there is the GoW bundle) is due to the backwards compatibility, and knowing that they haven't got jack shit for exclusives so they need to try to trick people into buying one over a PS4.
that's still pretty new to me lol
it's probably more because of the exclusives...plus xblive experience sucks massive donkey cock
can't fault them for trying tho
$390 for a 1tb console with 5 good, new games...that's a pretty good effort.

still, it'd be nice if ps4 bundled with newer games instead of flooding the market with Uncharted and TLOU bundles. Great games, that's undisputed but surely the PS4 can offer more than just remastered ps3 games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mciroc View Post
Richmond outlets were brutal, not worth the discounts and poor stores / selection.
i only went cus i got a ride
the lineup for Nike was hilarious...i actually couldn't believe people were that stupid
i just don't understand the concept of lining up to maybe buy something
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 07:32 AM   #122
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Got 2 pair of jeans 1 hoodie from the bay for around $100, 1 hoodie and 2 long sleeves from holister for around $50. A bunch of little things from amazon.ca including a Sekio watch for gf. Nothing really big.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 07:50 AM   #123

Thanked 1,557 Times in 511 Posts
I gave up shopping for TV's when I had 2 and bought a 3rd to only use it as a workout monitor. Now I look forward to the smaller things in life.. #nerdout

Meet Rupert, my elephant betafish.. This badass motherfucker is growing plants on top of his tank..

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Dragon-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-29-2015, 06:13 PM   #124
Cool beans bro

Thanked 1,054 Times in 231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon-88 View Post
Meet Rupert, my elephant betafish.. This badass motherfucker is growing plants on top of his tank..
Hate to break it to you but Rupert is a female
JordanLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 07:22 PM   #125
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanLee View Post
Hate to break it to you but Rupert is a female
Why you gotta be judging bro? She can be Rupert if He wants to!
it's 2015..c'mon now..

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote