REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-08-2016, 03:08 PM   #26
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
id say on the face of it those are shockingly racist and bigoted 'stats' (they categorized it by race...), and without any other info on how they came to these 'stats', i couldn't say anymore... were they taking into account the socio-economic background of the migrants, etc? what blog did you get the images from?

would you care to comment on your jumping to conclusions before any data is available? or comment on the luxury we have of screening migrants/refugees etc? and accept that when you have a volley of 1,000,000+ people, you shouldn't be surprised there may be criminals in that number? remember Germany didn't hand pick these refugees from the refugee camps, these were just people who raided the borders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Vicious View Post
I don't believe that this an issue with ethnicity or race, but i just feel importing a buncha uneducated people from war torn countries that treat women like chattel is a bad idea.
I can agree with that, but again, we have the luxury to screen these refugees, Germany/EU didn't

Trudeau outlined that they're just looking at bringing families over, that should really allay fears imo
Advertisement
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-08-2016, 03:14 PM   #27
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
id say on the face of it those are shockingly racist and bigoted 'stats' (they categorized it by race...), and without any other info on how they came to these 'stats', i couldn't say anymore... were they taking into account the socio-economic background of the migrants, etc? what blog did you get the images from?

would you care to comment on your jumping to conclusions before any data is available? or comment on the luxury we have of screening migrants/refugees etc? and accept that when you have a volley of 1,000,000+ people, you shouldn't be surprised there may be criminals in that number? remember Germany didn't hand pick these refugees from the refugee camps, these were just people who raided the borders

I can agree with that, but again, we have the luxury to screen these refugees, Germany/EU didn't

Trudeau outlined that they're just looking at bringing families over, that should really allay fears imo
calling numbers racist and bigoted? that is stupid lol

how am i jumping to conclusions, the statistics and hard data paint a very clear picture.

why even allow those 1mil to immigrate if you cannot screen them? seems like a failure of their gov't.

for example, the statistics for Sweden were done by "The Swedish National Council for Crime Prevention (Brå) functions as the Swedish Government's body of expertise within the judical system."
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-08-2016, 03:25 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Vicious View Post
calling numbers racist and bigoted? that is stupid lol
numbers in itself aren't, but how they're used and put together are, and it's really just like taking a sound bite from a politician/celebrity/faith and using it against them, without taking in the whole picture, which is why i was curious about what site they were from, or the source of the stats, to see how they put those stats together, and what their considerations were, stats done improperly can say/show/support whichever argument you wish

Quote:
how am i jumping to conclusions, the statistics and hard data paint a very clear picture.
because literally there were only some claims and accusations initially with no hard evidence, and you backed the notion that it was a marauding gang of refugees out committing crime

Quote:
why even allow those 1mil to immigrate if you cannot screen them? seems like a failure of their gov't.
how are you going to stop 1 million people? and there is an immense humanitarian need that cannot be ignored (we've been through this before in past threads)

Last edited by StylinRed; 01-12-2016 at 02:22 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-11-2016, 09:28 AM   #29
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Meanwhile in Sweden.. http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/12/wo...l-assault.html
Tr1ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 09:35 AM   #30
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

12-17 yr olds and in the German incident there was a 15 yr old. These are young girls too, wtf man. Pedo much.
kkttsang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 10:22 AM   #31
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1ll View Post
other articles from major news sites mention that it's young afghan and syrian men. And they are groping girls, some as young as 14. Like seriously WTF.

The solution: instant deportation. send them a message.
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 10:40 AM   #32
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iEatClams View Post
other articles from major news sites mention that it's young afghan and syrian men. And they are groping girls, some as young as 14. Like seriously WTF.

The solution: instant deportation. send them a message.
And they need to be punish in public before being deported

This will teach them a lesson.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-11-2016, 07:52 PM   #33

Thanked 1,830 Times in 233 Posts

inb4 StylinRed defends them

Last edited by nsmb; 01-11-2016 at 08:19 PM.
nsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-11-2016, 08:00 PM   #34
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
Old 01-11-2016, 08:05 PM   #35
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
lets see these fucking terrorist cunts do this in vancouver. bring on the fails
Old 01-11-2016, 08:15 PM   #36
das not it mane

Fucking raging. Germany is giving them the privilege of living by saving them from their shit countries. Germany should also have the privilege of taking their lives. FAIL ME
Old 01-11-2016, 08:16 PM   #37

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmb View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKu6Y7FtgF4
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-11-2016, 08:17 PM   #38

Thanked 1,830 Times in 233 Posts
same thing tbh
nsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 08:39 PM   #39
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,128 Times in 7,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwon View Post
Fucking raging. Germany is giving them the privilege of living by saving them from their shit countries. Germany should also have the privilege of taking their lives. FAIL ME
How many german born citizens do you think have committed the same/similar crimes in Germany?
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 09:07 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1ll View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkttsang View Post
12-17 yr olds and in the German incident there was a 15 yr old. These are young girls too, wtf man. Pedo much.
to be clear, the article says that the festival caters to 12-17yr olds, not that all those groped were 12-17, also, it doesn't mention the age of those doing the groping... not that it matters, groping is groping, but it makes the 'pedo' comment relevant or irrelevant

although based on what iEatClams has read, they're young men doing the groping

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmb View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKu6Y7FtgF4
1) I'm not defending them, only if you were thick headed would you think that... I'm defending reason and common sense

2) that video is fucking fucked up, that looks like it was taken straight out of a horror/zombie movie, these are the sorts of videos that were lacking initially, that caused me to be

Hopefully the police will be able to employ the same, or better efforts, that we were able to use in finding the Canucks rioters, and find the people in these videos and air drop them into Isis territory... although some context on whats going on might be important too, maybe those guiding the women were trying to get them through the assholes, as clips are almost like sound bites

edit: failed myself for falling for NSMB's bs video

Last edited by StylinRed; 01-12-2016 at 04:52 PM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-11-2016, 09:50 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
to be clear, the article says that the festival caters to 12-17yr olds, not that all those groped were 12-17, also, it doesn't mention the age of those doing the groping... not that it matters, groping is groping, but it makes the 'pedo' comment relevant or irrelevant

although based on what iEatClams has read, they're young men doing the groping

1) I'm not defending them, only if you were thick headed would you think that... I'm defending reason and common sense

2) that video is fucking fucked up, that looks like it was taken straight out of a horror/zombie movie, these are the sorts of videos that were lacking initially, that caused me to be

Hopefully the police will be able to employ the same, or better efforts, that we were able to use in finding the Canucks rioters, and find the people in these videos and air drop them into Isis territory... although some context on whats going on might be important too, maybe those guiding the women were trying to get them through the assholes, as clips are almost like sound bites

unfortunately, the cops are trying to cover up this stuff in these countries. and it's all over the news in europe. huge scandal over there now as there's soo many cases of rapes/sexual assaults. I really hope they do track down these people and deport them. they need to set an example.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/12/wo...l-assault.html

this is also blowing up on reddit europe, and on reddit front page as well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/europe

some of the accounts are terrifying:

Quote:
Swedish mother-of-two was subjected to a brutal gang-rape by 12 Afghan immigrants in a refugee camp in Mariannelund. Reports stated "The rape was oral, anal and vaginal sometimes with three rapists inside her at the same time while everybody was cheering and clapping. The gruesome rape marathon lasted for 7 hours. 11 suspect may have been involved taking turns while drinking and getting high on drugs. The asylum seekers were cheering and clapping their hands during the rape marathon while calling the victim "whore" and "slut"."

She is now subject to nightmares and panic attacks, and lives in a psychiatric clinic. She is bound to a wheelchair due to damages to her abdomen, and suffers from faecal incontinence."
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-11-2016, 10:09 PM   #42
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,776 Times in 444 Posts
Some of you must live an incredibly sheltered life.

It was obvious this was going to happen. And it's not because they're Muslims or whatever, it's because they're from a lawless third world shithole. People seemed to think they would magically be grateful for being welcomed into a safe country. Foolish, really, to not say pretty fucking stupid.

If a civil war broke out in Brazil, and Europe let in a bunch of Brazilians without any sort of security checks, you can bet your ass they'd get a lot of the scum we have there, and the same (or worse, probably worse) would happen.

Shortsightedness beyond belief.

Edit: This is going to backfire so bad that it's probably going to cost Merkel (and most likely other leaders) their governments *and* give a ton of traction to extremist right-wing parties. Hope the bleeding hearts are happy.

http://www.e38registry.org/

Last edited by Mr.C; 01-11-2016 at 10:32 PM.
Mr.C is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-11-2016, 10:48 PM   #43
das not it mane

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
How many german born citizens do you think have committed the same/similar crimes in Germany?
Like what was posted in the videos above? 0 (putting aside Nazi Germany).
Old 01-12-2016, 12:23 AM   #44

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
IMO, if denying immigrants in from these countries prevents one such incident from ever happening here then I think they should be denied. Ever since these mass migrations have been happening in Europe the world has been exploding over all this crap happening and it keeps on flowing in, more and more ever day.

I know that will mean some who need the help will not get the help that they truly need, but I'm tired of all the PC crap. I'm the father of two girls and I look at it simply like this, I will do whatever is needed to keep my family safe and if that means I seem like a bad guy then so be it.

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2016, 02:16 AM   #45

These crimes make it nigh impossible to justify to the public that we should be offering aid, because you're absolutely right in your feelings, why risk our families when these situations are seemingly rampant? which is why incidents like these are all the more tragic, as those refugees deserving of help are also made victims of these crimes.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2016, 05:41 AM   #46
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,128 Times in 7,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwon View Post
Like what was posted in the videos above? 0 (putting aside Nazi Germany).
I obviously don't mean identical, but yes there have been sexual assaults and rape long before this.
For all I care, kill the people who did this, cut of their dicks, etc, but the anti refugee sentiment caused by it isn't reasonable even if they prove the were all refugees, which they won't be when it all comes out.

The world as a whole needs to start understanding that these refugees are individuals just as much as any nationality has its own individuals and should be treated as such.
I'm amazed that a place like RS has as many people as it does buy into the "blame everyone from that group" mentality.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:57 AM   #47
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I obviously don't mean identical, but yes there have been sexual assaults and rape long before this.
For all I care, kill the people who did this, cut of their dicks, etc, but the anti refugee sentiment caused by it isn't reasonable even if they prove the were all refugees, which they won't be when it all comes out.

The world as a whole needs to start understanding that these refugees are individuals just as much as any nationality has its own individuals and should be treated as such.
I'm amazed that a place like RS has as many people as it does buy into the "blame everyone from that group" mentality.
That's the nature of human. Is like how I feel, I work full time ever since 22 and haven't been on EI and income assistance. Now I see refugee coming in and getting all sorts of assistance from the gov and using our health care, education, community service for free. Does it tick me off? A bit. And please don't tell them in x years they will be working paying tax etc etc... no one knows how the future is so you can't predict what will happen.

Since more refugees coming to Canada is women with children and seniors. I see mom either working part time and taking care of her 3 to 4 kids or working full time min pay and using our day care benefit for free and since she is low income she gets these service for free. The grandparents will be using a lot of our health care which means tax payers have to pay for. Or I can see the mom not working to take care of her kids, so she will be on income assistance and welfare, and the grandparents again will be using tons of gov expense. Let's not forget the education her kids will receive and we will need to provide them with English training, course that teach them how to fit into Canadian society, career training etc etc which again tax payers will foot the bill.

So why should Canada as a country who is already in debt, borrow more debt for all these expense? Or why why Europe have to take in these refugees when their economy is shaky as best?One thing that I found Russia and China and even Japan is that they hardly open their doors to refugees or when crisis like this come up, they simply keep their mouth shut. Keeping your own country best interest is what we should do as well. This might sound cruel but when our country is not in the best shape and we are in debt and in rescission we are in no shape to help anyone and to take in more debt.

Back to topic, now I do believe this is blown out of protion. Did it happen? Most likely but not to the scale media is making is to be. Somehow I feel the right wing ppl are pulling some strings here. What Germany and other Euro countries should have done is sent out massive police/millitary force to just go around the cities and search for refugee if you are not register you will be sent back to where they came from. This will clean up the street and sends a message to any refugee who refuse to register will be send back.

Last edited by Mr.HappySilp; 01-12-2016 at 09:33 AM.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-12-2016, 09:02 AM   #48
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by radioman View Post
This video has been bothering me since I saw it last night. Those screams. Jesus.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 10:38 AM   #49
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,811 Times in 2,500 Posts
Germany to Ease Deportation Rules After Cologne Sex-Assault Spree - NBC News

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 04:21 PM   #50
I HERP TO YOU DERP

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
This video has been bothering me since I saw it last night. Those screams. Jesus.
Same.. shouldnt have watched this before I went to bed ..
hypediss is offline   Reply With Quote