REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-12-2016, 04:35 PM   #51
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
you guys do know that video is from 2013

dutch journalist rape while covering the egyptian uprise in tahir square.
Advertisement
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2016, 04:42 PM   #52
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,168 Times in 7,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
That's the nature of human. Is like how I feel, I work full time ever since 22 and haven't been on EI and income assistance. Now I see refugee coming in and getting all sorts of assistance from the gov and using our health care, education, community service for free. Does it tick me off? A bit. And please don't tell them in x years they will be working paying tax etc etc... no one knows how the future is so you can't predict what will happen.

Since more refugees coming to Canada is women with children and seniors. I see mom either working part time and taking care of her 3 to 4 kids or working full time min pay and using our day care benefit for free and since she is low income she gets these service for free. The grandparents will be using a lot of our health care which means tax payers have to pay for. Or I can see the mom not working to take care of her kids, so she will be on income assistance and welfare, and the grandparents again will be using tons of gov expense. Let's not forget the education her kids will receive and we will need to provide them with English training, course that teach them how to fit into Canadian society, career training etc etc which again tax payers will foot the bill.

So why should Canada as a country who is already in debt, borrow more debt for all these expense? Or why why Europe have to take in these refugees when their economy is shaky as best?One thing that I found Russia and China and even Japan is that they hardly open their doors to refugees or when crisis like this come up, they simply keep their mouth shut. Keeping your own country best interest is what we should do as well. This might sound cruel but when our country is not in the best shape and we are in debt and in rescission we are in no shape to help anyone and to take in more debt.
This isn't about our country vs their country. Its about humans helping humans in need. Nationality shouldn't matter when speaking in terms of humanity. I don't want people leeching of the system more than the next guy, but I do want people in need to be helped. There is no way even 10% of refugees coming here will not end up bettering themselves and becoming contributing members of society. They are people just like us and have the desire to be happy, healthy, and comfortable just like the rest of us. The life that someone on social assistance lives is not a fucking awesome one. Those that have the ability to get out of it, will. Wether they are from Syria, Uganda, China, Canada, France or wherever.

Quote:
Back to topic, now I do believe this is blown out of protion. Did it happen? Most likely but not to the scale media is making is to be. Somehow I feel the right wing ppl are pulling some strings here. What Germany and other Euro countries should have done is sent out massive police/millitary force to just go around the cities and search for refugee if you are not register you will be sent back to where they came from. This will clean up the street and sends a message to any refugee who refuse to register will be send back.
I do agree with you that if a country takes you in, you better register as a guest in that country and be on your best behaviour, and be prepared for the consequences if you aren't. And there is no doubt that the media is playing up the anti refugee/anti muslim sentiment for advertising dollars. Thats not to downplay the severity of the crimes, but the world is a very ugly place far beyond this.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 04:42 PM   #53
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
you guys do know that video is from 2013

dutch journalist rape while covering the egyptian uprise in tahir square.
hah, even i fell for the video, thought they were 2 different vids (didnt click on the 2nd) and assumed the arabic writing in the 'cologne germany' one was grafitti sigh nsmb
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 04:48 PM   #54
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,830 Times in 233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
hah, even i fell for the video, thought they were 2 different vids (didnt click on the 2nd) and assumed the arabic writing in the 'cologne germany' one was grafitti sigh nsmb
lol like it makes a difference
nsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-12-2016, 04:54 PM   #55

makes a huge difference actually.... a major one, it's bullshit videos like this that spur hate and gets people killed

there have already been refugees that have been attacked, not only over in Europe, but here in Vancouver because of bs propaganda like what you posted..
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-12-2016, 05:05 PM   #56
I HERP TO YOU DERP

just to be clear i was only commenting my view of the act displayed within the video and not forming an opinion on any matter related to the events that transpired recently

in a sense it didnt really matter to me whether that video was from 2013 or not as in a later post has shown - the video recorded a disturbing act and that was that
hypediss is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2016, 07:40 PM   #57
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,776 Times in 444 Posts
So its no big deal that it happened in 2013. Ok.

http://www.e38registry.org/
Mr.C is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-12-2016, 08:53 PM   #58
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
really wanted to visit germany.... guess not anymore

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 09:45 PM   #59
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 4,518 Times in 691 Posts
I was in Cologne the day before these attacks at the Cathedral, and I spent NYE on the Elbe in Dresden with about 100,000 other people. The footage above doesn't show much. It seems chaotic, yes, but it was an identical situation in Dresden.

I was pretty shocked the whole night to learn that all over Germany and many parts of Europe, they celebrate with fireworks in the streets. Several times I saw people throwing firecrackers near other people, and bottle rockets flying off into drunken crowds. It was pretty nuts. But really fun. You can openly drink and it's not an issue like in Canada.

But what was different was that in Dresden, there were all types of people, ages, races, men and women, but in the above video you can see it's mainly men. Still, all that video does is show how NYE is celebrated in Germany.
1992 Nissan President Sovereign, Black
1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R, Black
1989 Nissan Skyline GTS-4, Black
1986 Porsche 944, Black
SpartanAir is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2016, 12:30 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
So its no big deal that it happened in 2013. Ok.
if that's what you think is being related to you by me, then I feel bad for you.

if you can't see, not only how wrong it is to misrepresent such crimes, but also how dangerous it is to be placing such blame onto anyone, let alone an already victimized group, then there really is no reason to continue a discussion

as I said to nsmb, misrepresented videos like those get people killed

why don't the anti-refugee groups simply upload videos of the holocaust and title it 'attack on germans by refugees' since it's 'all the same' to you?
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2016, 09:44 AM   #61
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
This isn't about our country vs their country. Its about humans helping humans in need. Nationality shouldn't matter when speaking in terms of humanity. I don't want people leeching of the system more than the next guy, but I do want people in need to be helped. There is no way even 10% of refugees coming here will not end up bettering themselves and becoming contributing members of society. They are people just like us and have the desire to be happy, healthy, and comfortable just like the rest of us. The life that someone on social assistance lives is not a fucking awesome one. Those that have the ability to get out of it, will. Wether they are from Syria, Uganda, China, Canada, France or wherever.

I do agree with you that if a country takes you in, you better register as a guest in that country and be on your best behaviour, and be prepared for the consequences if you aren't. And there is no doubt that the media is playing up the anti refugee/anti muslim sentiment for advertising dollars. Thats not to downplay the severity of the crimes, but the world is a very ugly place far beyond this.
There is an old saying in Chinese "a Mud Buddha crossing the river, he can't even save himself so don't expect him to save you." I think this really applies to Canada atm. We are in debt and lot's of debt, our dollar is going to shit, economy is not doing well yet we want to take in more refugee to put the country in a even worse state is not a good idea. We won't be able to provide all the service for the refugee needs in order to be live on their own, we don't have the health care, the jobs, the infrastructure. So in the end we not only made our country in more shit hole but now have to deal with the refugees issues.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 11:01 AM   #62
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
There is an old saying in Chinese "a Mud Buddha crossing the river, he can't even save himself so don't expect him to save you." I think this really applies to Canada atm. We are in debt and lot's of debt, our dollar is going to shit, economy is not doing well yet we want to take in more refugee to put the country in a even worse state is not a good idea. We won't be able to provide all the service for the refugee needs in order to be live on their own, we don't have the health care, the jobs, the infrastructure. So in the end we not only made our country in more shit hole but now have to deal with the refugees issues.
Actually, this is where you are wrong.
Because Canada is doing the shits, this is the best time to do what Canada is doing.
By investing all this money into the refugees, that in turn creates economic spin-off that will help the economy. And then in a few years, these refugees should be contributing members of our society.

Remember back in 2009 when the US was in a recession. Everyone freaked out by not spending and hoarding their money under the mattress? Well, less money was being spent and that further hurts the economy.

Great depression. It was all the spending on tanks and bombs and stuff for WWI that brought the world out of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 12:22 PM   #63
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

^^ There is no guarantee that refugee will contributing members of our society. Why not invest in infrastructure for other industry such as bio tech, manufacturing, etc etc.
Old 01-13-2016, 12:41 PM   #64

Quote:
^^ There is no guarantee that refugee will contributing members of our society. Why not invest in infrastructure for other industry such as bio tech, manufacturing, etc etc.
The government isn't going to give money to private companies.
And you need to be a little more specific with a term like "infrastructure for other industry" cause right now that doesn't mean anything.

If you mean infrastructure like roads and highways and bridges, then yes.
If you mean donations to corporations so that they execs can give themselves bonuses like they did in the US with the bail out money, then please no.
Quote:
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2016, 03:42 PM   #65
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,335 Times in 5,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Actually, this is where you are wrong.
Because Canada is doing the shits, this is the best time to do what Canada is doing.
By investing all this money into the refugees, that in turn creates economic spin-off that will help the economy. And then in a few years, these refugees should be contributing members of our society.

Remember back in 2009 when the US was in a recession. Everyone freaked out by not spending and hoarding their money under the mattress? Well, less money was being spent and that further hurts the economy.

Great depression. It was all the spending on tanks and bombs and stuff for WWI that brought the world out of it.
The VAST majority of the refugees to Canada are women, and young children

Not the young working age males, it's women and THEIR young children.

You think that group is going to be contributing to society? Lol that's the opposite of the demographic you want to actually work and contribute.
Old 01-13-2016, 03:48 PM   #66
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,168 Times in 7,157 Posts
You guys are putting dollar values on who lives or dies. You want someone to contribute? How about the people living in 15 million dollar homes that pay no taxes other than their property tax because their income is "zero."
How about the massive corporations that are "based in America" and pay minimal taxes while taking our water, oil and natural gas.
How about the massive Canadian companies that outsource labour to bangladesh?
You guys are blaming the wrong group for our fucked economy. Poor people aren't making us broke. Rich people are.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 10:32 PM   #67
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,776 Times in 444 Posts
Quote:
if that's what you think is being related to you by me, then I feel bad for you.

if you can't see, not only how wrong it is to misrepresent such crimes, but also how dangerous it is to be placing such blame onto anyone, let alone an already victimized group, then there really is no reason to continue a discussion

as I said to nsmb, misrepresented videos like those get people killed

why don't the anti-refugee groups simply upload videos of the holocaust and title it 'attack on germans by refugees' since it's 'all the same' to you?
Yeah... victimized... Sure. I think we're not talking about the same group. I'm talking about the violent pieces of shit mixed in with the refugees who are looking for a better life.

Stop being so naive, geez. Your first post in the thread was of disbelief that what was described actually happened. Like, really?

I'm not anti-refugee. I'm anti-bleeding heart types who want to try and help everybody, while forgetting that there are people that don't deserve your compassion.

http://www.e38registry.org/
Mr.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 10:32 PM   #68
nah
My homepage has been set to RS

Also the senior citizens that come to Canada and collect old age pension, even though they've never contributed a penny to CPP.

My grandparents are from this set and they collect $25,000 a year and I don't think it's fair to Canada.
nah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 07:32 AM   #69
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,814 Times in 2,502 Posts
if we're talking about contributing to society, i can see the young children doing that...how many of us have poor immigrant parents or grandparents that came here with nothing to make a life for their kids... now we're all in school or trained and working jobs and living better lives than our parents did growing up

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-14-2016, 07:59 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
The government isn't going to give money to private companies.
And you need to be a little more specific with a term like "infrastructure for other industry" cause right now that doesn't mean anything.

If you mean infrastructure like roads and highways and bridges, then yes.
If you mean donations to corporations so that they execs can give themselves bonuses like they did in the US with the bail out money, then please no.
I should be more clear. when gov invest in a person that person can leave the country anytime thus leaving all the investment we did on that person 0 benefit. If we invest say in roads and highways and help the industry as whole (IE grants for say company invested in clean energy tech or research), grants for starts up, low interest loan for small to medium business. At least with these type of investment unless the company fold they will always operate thus hiring more skills workers. So the investment gov makes is not only for that one person but rather benefit more people.
Old 01-14-2016, 08:27 AM   #71
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
You guys are putting dollar values on who lives or dies. You want someone to contribute? How about the people living in 15 million dollar homes that pay no taxes other than their property tax because their income is "zero."
How about the massive corporations that are "based in America" and pay minimal taxes while taking our water, oil and natural gas.
How about the massive Canadian companies that outsource labour to bangladesh?
You guys are blaming the wrong group for our fucked economy. Poor people aren't making us broke. Rich people are.
That's a non sequitir to the original topic

It's not a question of whether or not refugees will be a economic burden, in fact they usually are but that's a moot point.

the whole point that importing tons of people who belong to a stone age barbaric cult into societies where they will not integrate will inevitably cause that country huge problems. it's a fact - look all across europe.

canada is doing the right thing by importing mostly women and children but we shouldn't hesitate to be extremely harsh on those who fail to comply to canada's laws.

it's also a sign of how poisonous overt political correctness is. it is widely reported in Germany and Sweden now that the cops are hiding and falsifying reports of rape because they do not want to appear "racist"

This is the same kind thinking that has infiltrated RS in a certain way, anytime you bring up islam in a negative light people will shout "xenophobe" or "racist" to you as if it means anything

https://www.rt.com/news/328904-swede...-sex-assaults/

Last edited by Sid Vicious; 01-14-2016 at 08:50 AM.
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-14-2016, 08:53 AM   #72

Quote:
I should be more clear. when gov invest in a person that person can leave the country anytime thus leaving all the investment we did on that person 0 benefit. If we invest say in roads and highways and help the industry as whole (IE grants for say company invested in clean energy tech or research), grants for starts up, low interest loan for small to medium business. At least with these type of investment unless the company fold they will always operate thus hiring more skills workers. So the investment gov makes is not only for that one person but rather benefit more people.
Have to look at the bigger picture.
The government is going to invest the money to help stimulate the economy.
It doesn't really matter in what form.
But, there is something that money can't buy, and in this case it is good PR.

It's the "right" thing to do.

Plus, it's not a 100% loss because the people are not leaving right away.
In the next few years they will be spending money which will in turn help the economy.
Say 10 years of schooling before they leave. Well, that is 10 years that they have helped put back into the economy, directly or indirectly.

Plus, how many of them will leave? I bet it is a small percentage.
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 01-14-2016, 09:44 AM   #73
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Vicious View Post
the whole point that importing tons of people who belong to a stone age barbaric cult into societies where they will not integrate will inevitably cause that country huge problems. it's a fact - look all across europe.
Opinions on Islam aside, it does seem to be a culture clash. A similar nation with similar values may be the best place for them. Much respect to Jordan for taking in tons of refugees and absolutely no respect for Saudi Arabia for refusing them.

Quote:
This is the same kind thinking that has infiltrated RS in a certain way, anytime you bring up islam in a negative light people will shout "xenophobe" or "racist" to you as if it means anything
I'm not saying that this has happened here on Revscene... but this has totally happened here on Revscene. Part of being in a free society is having the right to look at things critically. Unfortunately that mindset is popular in public as well as here on Revscene (which maintains it is a private site and can censor as it pleases).

I'm not saying that a certain Chicago-based Revscenester has been railroaded for his opinions.. but a certain Chicago-based Revscenester has totally been railroaded for his opinions.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-14-2016, 09:04 PM   #74

Quote:
That's a non sequitir to the original topic

It's not a question of whether or not refugees will be a economic burden, in fact they usually are but that's a moot point.

canada is doing the right thing by importing mostly women and children but we shouldn't hesitate to be extremely harsh on those who fail to comply to canada's laws.

it's also a sign of how poisonous overt political correctness is. it is widely reported in Germany and Sweden now that the cops are hiding and falsifying reports of rape because they do not want to appear "racist"

https://www.rt.com/news/328904-swede...-sex-assaults/
Also amen on the culture clash.

we live in a free country, and a free country, we are allowed to voice our opinions. Worst case we get called racists/. Unlike other countries where we get thrown in prison, hanged, stoned, etc.

Honestly though, Germany fucked up huge. They took in Millions of refugees in, mostly men (70%). Their culture and environment are going to change dramatically. When you take in so many people, it allows them to just hang out with each other and their own kind. Instead of assimilating with german/western values.

When the german chancellor basically says - it doesn't matter how you get here, but once you are here we will accept you in. that just opened the floodgates.
Fuck it's not even refugees, as many are economic migrants (pakistani, afghan, north africans / bangladesh). The real syrian refugees are being screwed.

The german government is now closing their doors, but it's too late. They fucked themselves over. Now you have groups of young migrant men assaulting woman, crowding streets looking to pickpocket or threaten you, giving you the "what you looking at?"

Compared to many years before. Going to europe now there's just so many migrants trying to hassle you and sell you selfie sticks and such. Having to worry about pickpockets or being mugged. However once you enter england, it's so much safer - cause of the channel and being non schengen. Britain did the smart thing by limiting migrants.

On a side note, I also find it stupid how some countries like sweden don't report or include the race/ethnicity for crimes - like rape etc. Wouldn't you want to know if there's a larger proportion of one group doing the crimes and perhaps allocate the appropriate resources to try and prevent or tackle it?
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 10:07 PM   #75

Thanked 1,830 Times in 233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmb View Post

inb4 StylinRed defends them
Quote:
2) that video is fucking fucked up, that looks like it was taken straight out of a horror/zombie movie, these are the sorts of videos that were lacking initially, that caused me to be

Hopefully the police will be able to employ the same, or better efforts, that we were able to use in finding the Canucks rioters, and find the people in these videos and air drop them into Isis territory... although some context on whats going on might be important too, maybe those guiding the women were trying to get them through the assholes , as clips are almost like sound bites
those women were dragged down into a subway to get gang raped and you say that.. just fuckin lol
nsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by: