REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-10-2016, 12:02 AM   #101
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvst8 View Post
Like OP, I had the same bad experience at DKcustoms. I was going to hold off on making a post or even sharing the experience since I was to bring the car back a third time to resolve the issues. However, I've decided to refuse to bring it back. If he's not going to fix it right the 2nd time, he's not going to take his time to resolve it the 3rd time. I am sure Damir would be delighted to hear that. Damir, all I ask is you take down my cars photos.

Most of what was said here holds true of DK. Does little to no prep, drips, uneven base/clear, rushes the job, paint dust all inside interior, has no respect for your car. I was shopping around for full paint jobs. DK was one of them and he asked 1500 for the job and quoted 'It will look amazing'. He later offered an additional 25% off if I brought the car in mid Jan instead of spring time. When I brought the car in I was refused the 25% off. My thought was he'd do a better job anyways so continued with it. Baited and switched I guess. I ended up paying 1900 in the end however. I could care less about how much I paid. It was that lie to get me in the door and the lack of workmanship and respect for my trust, time and patience. I do appreciate the areas that aren't fucked up though.

Damir, trust that I am not out to get you. Do things right the first time and your customers won't have a reason to complain. You may be booked till April but shit like this is going to catch up with you and you're going to be out of business quicker than you think.

Now a few photos to share...

I am sanding down the clear runs as I type this out. lol
dvst8

This one I'll handle as professional as possible.

1. You did receive 25% off.
2. Your material cost was 643.67
3. I personally love the car and took the job.
4. It looks 5 times better than when you brought it.
5. I have text proof telling you I will fix those runs when the car cures.
6. I rolled your fenders after you ruined them from rubbing too hard and when you came back they were ruined AGAIN.
7. I charged you very cheap and the job is actually very nice.
8. The trunk I spent 7 hours on and fixed it for you and you posted the picture before I fixed it. You made your own spoiler holes and I plugged them for you with fiberglass and fiberglass putty followed by 3 thin layers of bondo and no dust putty on top. Your trunk alone was worth 800. I did it to try and fix your holes.
9. If your friend vouched for me it must mean I do good work.
10. I told you to come back when the car is cured to do that spot on the door it just needs a touch of base and door to be recleared and I offered to do it from my own pocket.
11. Ken had a reason to complain and I actually apologize to him because that lip could've been done much better and my offer for him still stands for any piece he needs painted I will make time for him anytime he wants.

ALSO I told you to come in a few weeks when the paint has cured and you never even called me and then you told me you want 500 back for the job it's already basically the cheapest paint job you can find.

AND on top of that you accused me of lying to you and taking 80 dollars from you and you were convinced I stole from you so I literally called my bank doubting my own mathematical skills and asking them if I made a deposit with the wrong amount.

The bank calls me and tells me the deposit was right and then YOU call me and tell me YOU made a mistake and it was your wife that took the money. You blamed me 3 times and it wasn't even my fault. All this and plus you got charged less than 2k for a COMPLETE. And just for the people who don't know about paint, red is the most expensive color to buy so please be grateful for the things I did and offered for you and you should apologize for calling me a liar and trying to get me to dish out 80 bucks to you when in reality the mistake was made by you.

I'm sorry but you are wrong here and don't try to compare this to Kens situation because it really isn't the same.

In addition, since we're on the subject, I had my body guy remove your spoiler and you had rusted screws,we had to grind for 2 hours just to get it off and I re sprayed that for you along wit OEM side skirts with no extra charge.

And people wonder why I do cheap jobs, but I do it because I'm in no position to act too good for customers and act like I deserve 6 thousands a paint job. Sometimes things go very well sometimes you get a few runs but everything can be fixed as long as you communicate. But going on revscene and trying to ride Kens wave is not happening.

Good day
Advertisement
DKonnin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-10-2016, 12:08 AM   #102
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160210_022406.jpg (143.7 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by DKonnin; 02-10-2016 at 01:27 AM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-10-2016, 12:27 AM   #103
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

And please keep it mind I price my jobs based on experience. I'm 25 and I have only done 9 full cars in my entire life. I am not a 57 year old who owns 6 shops. Just to clear things up for anyone confused.

Whoever sees this RX7 will say the paint job is awesome. Especially based on the experience I have. Pictures make Brad Pitt look bad that close. And it's only a couple small spots where he had damage and the base was sprayed heavy to avoid runs in the color but unfortunately it didn't cover as well as it should've. 95% of the car looks great but no one posts that. Of course not. It's easier to complain than give props.

Thanks guys
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-10-2016, 01:05 AM   #104
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

jeez, at least censor his contact number.. That isnt professional at all.
i-vtecyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 01:27 AM   #105
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i-vtecyo View Post
jeez, at least censor his contact number.. That isnt professional at all.
Didn't see that. Thanks !
This post thanked by:
Old 02-10-2016, 01:36 AM   #106
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKonnin View Post
This one I'll handle as professional as possible.

3. I personally love the car and took the job.
6. I rolled your fenders after you ruined them from rubbing too hard and when you came back they were ruined AGAIN.
8. The trunk I spent 7 hours on and fixed it for you and you posted the picture before I fixed it. You made your own spoiler holes and I plugged them for you with fiberglass and fiberglass putty followed by 3 thin layers of bondo and no dust putty on top. Your trunk alone was worth 800. I did it to try and fix your holes.
10. I told you to come back when the car is cured to do that spot on the door it just needs a touch of base and door to be recleared and I offered to do it from my own pocket.
11. Ken had a reason to complain and I actually apologize to him because that lip could've been done much better and my offer for him still stands for any piece he needs painted I will make time for him anytime he wants.

ALSO I told you to come in a few weeks when the paint has cured and you never even called me and then you told me you want 500 back for the job it's already basically the cheapest paint job you can find.

AND on top of that you accused me of lying to you and taking 80 dollars from you and you were convinced I stole from you so I literally called my bank doubting my own mathematical skills and asking them if I made a deposit with the wrong amount.

The bank calls me and tells me the deposit was right and then YOU call me and tell me YOU made a mistake and it was your wife that took the money. You blamed me 3 times and it wasn't even my fault. All this and plus you got charged less than 2k for a COMPLETE. And just for the people who don't know about paint, red is the most expensive color to buy so please be grateful for the things I did and offered for you and you should apologize for calling me a liar and trying to get me to dish out 80 bucks to you when in reality the mistake was made by you.

I'm sorry but you are wrong here and don't try to compare this to Kens situation because it really isn't the same.

In addition, since we're on the subject, I had my body guy remove your spoiler and you had rusted screws,we had to grind for 2 hours just to get it off and I re sprayed that for you along wit OEM side skirts with no extra charge.

And people wonder why I do cheap jobs, but I do it because I'm in no position to act too good for customers and act like I deserve 6 thousands a paint job. Sometimes things go very well sometimes you get a few runs but everything can be fixed as long as you communicate. But going on revscene and trying to ride Kens wave is not happening.

Good day

### Nope, I asked you at the end of our first meeting and you said no because you were already giving me a deal. I can agree with that and didn't haggle you. Just leaves a bad impression.

###Sure, I don't know how much materials cost. Honestly ,give me a price and I'll roll with it. You quoted me 1900 for the job in the end. I was ok with it. I am not going to say 'Hey Damir, that's very under priced I will give you more money'.

3. I personally love the car and took the job

### Thanks. I love the car too. Just not as much right now.

### I can somewhat agree with that but its got new annoying issues. The main reason I decided to do a paint job was my roof, hood was kinda dull and trunk holes. The rest of the cars paint was still in decent shape. Could have just used a cut/polish.

### I am not denying that but I'd rather not go that path again. After picking up my car the 2nd time. I knew wasn't going to go back. You didn't look too happy when I picked up the car anyway.

### You did roll both fenders. The pass side does need to be rolled again (I didnt ask you to fix it again) and yes its my fault. But thats not the issue. Both fenders repair areas didnt get enough base so you can see the primered spots. That was what I mentioned but you'd rather talk about how I rolled the fender again.

###Nice is short of 'amazing'. To be clear, I wasn't looking for an amazing paint job. I just wanted a car with clean paint free of runs, uneven base/clear, black markings. I wasnt looking for 'fast and furious'

###The trunk holes are fixed I can appreciate that but the whole center of the trunk has wrinkly base and clear paint. I just don't understand why if you spent that much time on the trunk but finished it with poor paint work again.

### You know Damir, I don't doubt that you can do good work. You just have a few things to work out.

### thanks but I'll have to move on, nothing personal.

AND on top of that you accused me of lying to you and taking 80 dollars from you and you were convinced I stole from you so I literally called my bank doubting my own mathematical skills and asking them if I made a deposit with the wrong amount. The bank calls me and tells me the deposit was right and then YOU call me and tell me YOU made a mistake and it was your wife that took the money. You blamed me 3 times and it wasn't even my fault. All this and plus you got charged less than 2k for a COMPLETE. And just for the people who don't know about paint, red is the most expensive color to buy so please be grateful for the things I did and offered for you and you should apologize for calling me a liar and trying to get me to dish out 80 bucks to you when in reality the mistake was made by you.

### I'll make it more clear for the readers here... When I went to pick up the car the first time I pointed out the issues. I'll list them all here
  • - Clear coat runs on both passenger and driver side doors
  • - Primer spots showing through the base both fenders, both doors, pass side quarter panel, driver side headlight lid and a few other areas
  • - black markings around the roof, windshield and rear fender wheel well
  • - dust bits and orange peel everywhere in the paint. Not too concerned however..
  • - pop-up headlight lid sides were not painted because they were in down position.
  • - little to no clear on rear bumper pass. side and under both side mirrors
  • - door jams weren't suppose to be painted but paint spray must've seeped through between the door and quarter panels.
  • - Front mud guards were not painted and thought to be garbage.
  • - Trunk. I posted the pic of the trunk previously. I have not posted the latest picture of it. If you want I can post that too but you already know what it looks like. Its going to need a repaint again anyway. Again, I appreciate the work you do right but I am also going to have something to say about the wrongs.
  • - As a matter of fact, with all the patch work needed, I am really back at square one.

I think I had a really good reason to ask for some funds back. While you were fixing the trunk you texted me saying you can no longer work on fixing the issues and you'll just give me the remaining can of paint you had left so I can do the work myself or bring to another shop. I made you an offer, 500$ back and I'll pick up my car as is. You refused and said you'll fix. That txt you sent was some what offensive by the way. I am not a fast and furious type of guy.

About that 80 bucks thing. I never called you a liar and I personally messaged my apologies to you for my mistake. Speaking of apologies, I never got one either. Lets keep this on topic though.

You may or may not agree but I hope this would be of some help in growing your business. Again, nothing personal.

Last edited by dvst8; 02-10-2016 at 02:05 AM.
dvst8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-10-2016, 07:23 AM   #107
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

This shop owners mentality baffles me. Inexperienced and no accountability. 25 years old fucking other 25 years olds who wants awesome paintjob for cheap
dovo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-10-2016, 07:29 AM   #108
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
I feel bad for the people who got shitty work done on their cars, but god damn if I've learned anything over the years its that 'cheap' and 'quality' do not mix when it comes to bodywork. When the quote is literally a quarter of the cost that people normally charge, how much time do you really think the guy is going to spend on it, or actually give a shit about it.

There's no excuse for the super crappy work they did, but a lot of time could have been saved by not going for the "awesome deal" that the guy assured you would be immaculate.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-10-2016, 07:45 AM   #109
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
I actually agree with MarkyMark here. There's a bit of wrong doing on both sides. I'm not even going to get into the professionalism part.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:22 AM   #110
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
Look DKonnin, YOUR idea of a VERY GOOD job is frankly, crap. Its that simple. You state one thing then when its pointed out you state that its better than it was......that is kind of the whole idea with getting a car painted. However the quality is crap and your fixes are sub-par. If you think thats how you fill spoiler holes you need to go back to school for bodywork.

You mentioned that there are people who have been in this car scene for a long time. I would be one of those who HAPPENS to have been doing this for longer that you and I can tell you charging anyone to paint a car half assed like that is bullshit. $1900 for drops, runs, visible repairs on spoiler holes that should have been welded and ground back.

If this is the kind of work you do then you need to find another line of work because this is horse shit.

I dont care what you think is acceptable, because this is not. I dont care if you gave people deals, YOU SAID it will be top quality and its shit. I CAN and HAVE done better spray jobs in my garage with a $50 paint gun from Princess Auto.

Your idea or professional is far from it. No one cars how many nice pics you put on your instagram account if people show other work that looks like my 7 year olds school art project. Smarten up kid, you have a lot of learning to do.

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-10-2016, 09:22 AM   #111
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

True what you pay is what you get, but sometime people don't go shopping around. Yes it is stupid to walk into one store and get quoted and say ok. But you expect them to give you a quote and do it properly. Some people are just clueless when it comes to cars and other thing. That is why they bring it into a shop and expect the shop to do the work properly. It is not like dvst8 tried to lowball the guy, he just paid whatever he asked for. DKonnin could had quoted 2-3G and maybe dvst8 would had went for it too, who knows. It is up to the shop to do the work properly.
Impreza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:14 AM   #112
RS Licensed Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by evlee View Post
Maybe a coincidence but..... they share the same logo...... just sayin'
OMFG

Flashback. Kill me now. Kill me nowwwww

This whole story sounds EXACTLY like Talha and VIP before. Young, Lack of experience, Overselling/under performing. Guarantee to be perfect but ends up far from it. Need to bring it back over and over again.

DK> You're headed in the exact same route as Talha from VIP. Your workmanship honestly looks worse than theirs. Needless to say Talha from VIP ended up having to sell his business within a couple years. So before you get defensive about people attacking you, you should take a step back and put yourself in your clients shoes. Runs and dust is YOUR issue as a painter, why can other shops paint a bumper with no runs + no dust before delivery with no issues? If you can't do a job nicely for the amount of money, then don't accept the job. If you do, your company's reputation is on the line. Don't blame the client that's trying to give you business, blame yourself for accepting a job you can't handle for the low price you agreed to. Ultimately you're ruining your company's rep acting all defensive and justifying your poor workmanship. Whether you only make $14 or $1400 bucks is irrelevant. Your company reputation is on the line. So charge what you think is fair to cover your time and cost to do an ACTUAL GOOD job, not trying to be the cheapest then blaming customers for yourself accepting an undervalued job.
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com

Last edited by Cman333; 02-10-2016 at 10:53 AM.
Cman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-10-2016, 10:23 AM   #113
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKonnin
I know a lot of the members in this forum and in the whole revscene in this city and I was probably driving tuned cars before half of you got your license so at least get to know me and don't just judge and post random shit so I keep replying and you guys can enjoy your Sundays.
Quote:
And please keep it mind I price my jobs based on experience. I'm 25 and I have only done 9 full cars in my entire life. I am not a 57 year old who owns 6 shops. Just to clear things up for anyone confused.
mmmmmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:46 AM   #114

Thanked 7,355 Times in 1,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmmic View Post
boostfever is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-10-2016, 10:46 AM   #115
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,403 Times in 858 Posts
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Did Talha change his name to Damir?

Wow.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:54 AM   #116
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
where is this body shop?

it sounds like VIP all over again but worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-10-2016, 10:59 AM   #117

Thanked 5,403 Times in 858 Posts
Inb4 op finds out his car was joyridden for 400 kms.

(sorry Meme...)
Old 02-10-2016, 11:02 AM   #118
Need to Seek Professional Help

The thing with "you get what you pay for" doesn't really apply here. The customers were confirmed it will be done well and in "mint" condition.

Then after it's done, it wasn't done well they were told "it's few hundred dollar paint job, cant expect mint, you get what you pay for" etc.

Then right of the bat, you should just tell the truth that you were not going to do a good job on it instead of lying to them.
LenovoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:44 AM   #119

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
for a business to accept a cheap job when the client expected top notch service,

just decline the fucking service. Headaches are not worth it....

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 12:03 PM   #120

^^wtf...you expect a business to honestly say 'i'm not going to do a good job', every business to get your business is going to say i'm going to do a good job, even canadian tire or mr lube. you do get what you pay for. so if you go into some dinky unknown shop and they tell you that your lip will be painted amazingly and in 'mint' condition for $50, you're going to say ok, because you said so, goes against any logical sense whatsoever.
FatalCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-10-2016, 12:06 PM   #121
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Quote:
and there is what i was waiting for. your attitude and skill clearly show you are at most 25.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:08 PM   #122
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Lol 25 years old and calls his client a kid....
kkttsang is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-10-2016, 12:18 PM   #123
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Just gonna say..it looks like what a $2000 paintjob should look like...just saiyan

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-10-2016, 12:29 PM   #124
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalCloud View Post
^^wtf...you expect a business to honestly say 'i'm not going to do a good job', every business to get your business is going to say i'm going to do a good job, even canadian tire or mr lube. you do get what you pay for. so if you go into some dinky unknown shop and they tell you that your lip will be painted amazingly and in 'mint' condition for $50, you're going to say ok, because you said so, goes against any logical sense whatsoever.
DK should have just said: "hey, im pretty busy with other projects, i cannot guarantee it will come out perfect for that price. If you still want it done, bring it in."
Rather than something like: "Hey, yeah i can make it mint for $150. i bet my left nut on it will be perfect."

Yes, OP might have went elsewhere or might have taken the risk and brought it to DK. But there would be no surprises and this thread wouldn't have been here.

Bad publicity is better than no publicity right?
VIP v2.0.

Honesty is best policy.
LenovoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-10-2016, 12:29 PM   #125
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalCloud View Post
actually yes they should describe the service they are going to give to their client. "to paint a front lip usually will cost you say $250-350 for a very good, I will paint your lip for $150, its much cheaper because i do not do a very good job"

Last edited by VR6GTI; 02-10-2016 at 12:41 PM.
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: