REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-10-2016, 12:34 PM   #126
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalCloud View Post
^^wtf...you expect a business to honestly say 'i'm not going to do a good job', every business to get your business is going to say i'm going to do a good job, even canadian tire or mr lube. you do get what you pay for. so if you go into some dinky unknown shop and they tell you that your lip will be painted amazingly and in 'mint' condition for $50, you're going to say ok, because you said so, goes against any logical sense whatsoever.
where did I mention the business should say "we are not going to do a good job"?

I said "decline the service"

As a business owner, knowing the outcome will be shit, would you accept it in terms of ethics and the effect of future customers looking at the paint quality?

fuck no! It will not bring in new clients (actually defers them from doing any business with us if they saw shit quality paint job)

edit: I rather not do the crappy paint job when I know the quality will be shit, has to be perfect imo. Not worth the headache afterwards as I mentioned
Advertisement

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 12:39 PM   #127
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Cheap price is no excuse for shit work. The shop quoted the price, not the customer. There should be an expected, minimum level of quality - which this did not meet.

BTW is this a legitimate business or just a guy that paints out of a shop, for cash?

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-10-2016, 12:42 PM   #128

Thanked 3,236 Times in 1,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LenovoTurbo View Post
The thing with "you get what you pay for" doesn't really apply here. The customers were confirmed it will be done well and in "mint" condition.

Then after it's done, it wasn't done well they were told "it's few hundred dollar paint job, cant expect mint, you get what you pay for" etc.

Then right of the bat, you should just tell the truth that you were not going to do a good job on it instead of lying to them.
There's always going to be lying greaseballs, so while a business should be upfront about if they can meet your expectations or not, using sound judgement can save you a lot of grief.

Walk into any car dealership and ask them if they can detail your car so it's perfect, no swirls whatsoever. They'll tell you "oh sure for 200 bucks this car will look like it rolled off the showroom floor".

Go get your car back, roll it into the sun and tell me how far your 200 bucks got you.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-10-2016, 12:47 PM   #129
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
where did I mention the business should say "we are not going to do a good job"?

I said "decline the service"

As a business owner, knowing the outcome will be shit, would you accept it in terms of ethics and the effect of future customers looking at the paint quality?

fuck no! It will not bring in new clients (actually defers them from doing any business with us if they saw shit quality paint job)

edit: I rather not do the crappy paint job when I know the quality will be shit, has to be perfect imo. Not worth the headache afterwards as I mentioned
i wasn't talking to you, but thks for the fail and assumption. and while i agree on the effect of future business/customers, ppl are in business to make $, there are little to no ethics in business lmao and their definition of perfect is much different than a customers perfect, depending on surprise! $$$. if i'm charging you only $1500 for a full car paint, i'm not going to spend my time and effort to make sure every little thing is perfect. not a chance.

Last edited by FatalCloud; 02-10-2016 at 01:05 PM.
FatalCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 01:08 PM   #130
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
There's always going to be lying greaseballs, so while a business should be upfront about if they can meet your expectations or not, using sound judgement can save you a lot of grief.

Walk into any car dealership and ask them if they can detail your car so it's perfect, no swirls whatsoever. They'll tell you "oh sure for 200 bucks this car will look like it rolled off the showroom floor".

Go get your car back, roll it into the sun and tell me how far your 200 bucks got you.
Yes, but for new independent shops, their success depends on word of mouth and reviews. If business owners choose to use these practices to get their customers, they should be prepared for any repercussions.
LenovoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 01:31 PM   #131

Thanked 3,236 Times in 1,222 Posts
Quote:
Yes, but for new independent shops, their success depends on word of mouth and reviews. If business owners choose to use these practices to get their customers, they should be prepared for any repercussions.
Yep I agree this guys business is going to tank with work like that, but now OP is out the 100+ bucks and pretty much has to take it somewhere else to get it done properly. In this case both parties lose because one guy assumed a cheap quote would still give top notch results, and the other figured he could shit all over the thing and assume OP would think it was paint.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-10-2016, 01:52 PM   #132
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
The thing with "you get what you pay for" doesn't really apply here. The customers were confirmed it will be done well and in "mint" condition.

Then after it's done, it wasn't done well they were told "it's few hundred dollar paint job, cant expect mint, you get what you pay for" etc.

Then right of the bat, you should just tell the truth that you were not going to do a good job on it instead of lying to them.
The 'you get what you pay for' applies to every single thing in life. If you believe for a second what other people tell you, you have a lot to learn. People are out to get your money, not be your friend
kr4l is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-10-2016, 02:02 PM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
Cheap price is no excuse for shit work. The shop quoted the price, not the customer. There should be an expected, minimum level of quality - which this did not meet.

BTW is this a legitimate business or just a guy that paints out of a shop, for cash?
Cheap price is no 'excuse' for shit work, but in all honesty, it looks like a great '$1500' paint job. I'm no car or paint or bodywork expert, but even I know a full car paint job would run minimum $5000 with a quick google search

In the end, take this as lesson learned and move on.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-10-2016, 02:11 PM   #134
RS Licensed Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
if I've learned anything over the years its that 'cheap' and 'quality' do not mix when it comes to bodywork.
In my experience with Talha, sometimes MORE expensive quotes can equate to the same shitty result.

I paid like 25% more than a few reputable shops quotes and got shit work. Did my research online, read reviews, checked out the cars they've worked on, talked to couple friends that got work done there. I thought I did my due diligence.

Wasn't until my car went back a 3rd time that Meme on RS make the VIP thread. By then I was too late.

Thanks OP for making this thread. It does help people make better informed decisions on which places to go.

Personally I would never take my car or clients car to DK just soley on the lack of professionalism. This is literally VIP 2.0. Shops run by unprofessional "kids" aren't my cup of tea. I don't think the bad paint was the worst part, I think DK calling his clients "kids" and "cheap" goes to show who's really the "kid" in this situation.

Side note: I've been on RS for almost 2 decades and probably have been driving tuned cars longer than 99.5% of you RS'ers. Does saying that give me more Internet Authority?
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com

Last edited by Cman333; 02-10-2016 at 02:17 PM.
Cman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-10-2016, 02:12 PM   #135

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Man people are just arguing in circles. I don't see any point this thread needs to even continue. We live in an imperfect world. OP learned his lessons that due diligence can save him time and money. DK learned (I hope) that quoting cheaper price is not an excuse for shoddy work. Unfortunately, things like this will continue to happen because there will always be people looking for easy money and naive people who fall for it.

Thanks to the internet, words can spread quickly and shops like this will not sustain for long.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-10-2016, 04:01 PM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cman333 View Post
In my experience with Talha, sometimes MORE expensive quotes can equate to the same shitty result.

I paid like 25% more than a few reputable shops quotes and got shit work. Did my research online, read reviews, checked out the cars they've worked on, talked to couple friends that got work done there. I thought I did my due diligence.

Wasn't until my car went back a 3rd time that Meme on RS make the VIP thread. By then I was too late.

Thanks OP for making this thread. It does help people make better informed decisions on which places to go.

Personally I would never take my car or clients car to DK just soley on the lack of professionalism. This is literally VIP 2.0. Shops run by unprofessional "kids" aren't my cup of tea. I don't think the bad paint was the worst part, I think DK calling his clients "kids" and "cheap" goes to show who's really the "kid" in this situation.

Side note: I've been on RS for almost 2 decades and probably have been driving tuned cars longer than 99.5% of you RS'ers. Does saying that give me more Internet Authority?
There is a difference between low cost / shit work and high cost / shit work. You're situation definitely needed some attention as like you said, you did do your due diligence and paid more than average.

But getting "good deal", you should kind of expect that something is going to be up, especially with SUCH a good deal.

I'm not defending this guys works cause it is pretty bad and I wouldn't take my car there
Old 02-10-2016, 04:06 PM   #137
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flagella View Post
Man people are just arguing in circles. I don't see any point this thread needs to even continue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-10-2016, 04:39 PM   #138
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
How the fuck is this thread 6 pages long??? Because RS.

Berz out.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:22 PM   #139
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,908 Times in 755 Posts
DK Customs Auto Body Bad Experience

should just dipped it white with pearlizer. would have matched better than that...um. ..paint job ?
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 08:18 AM   #140
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKonnin View Post
I was probably driving tuned cars before half of you got your license
me too

Need for Speed: Underground

All that grandiose talk and now knowing your experience level and final products of your work I think the issue goes beyond professionalism/ethics/business practice.

I would not take all the comments in here as negative bashing and hope you really learn from this or you'll need to carve out another line of work.

Last edited by twitchyzero; 02-11-2016 at 08:24 AM.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 09:11 AM   #141
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
Too many threads complaining about poor experiences at body shops, not enough threads praising good experiences at body shops. Where does one go to get a good paint job? I remember when I had a BMW E90 323i front bumper that needed to be repainted white when I scratched it, I went to Jetway, paid either $250 or $300 I don't remember, they had it done in one day, no runs, no drips, perfect paint, I made sure with the owner that everything would be done up to original condition and "look exactly the same as it did before". I'm boggled as to how a shop that's pretty much off the radar can do such a great job in such a short period of time and charge such a reasonable amount, where shops are overcharging and do a dog shit job?

[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-11-2016, 09:36 AM   #142
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,557 Times in 511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post
Too many threads complaining about poor experiences at body shops, not enough threads praising good experiences at body shops. Where does one go to get a good paint job? I remember when I had a BMW E90 323i front bumper that needed to be repainted white when I scratched it, I went to Jetway, paid either $250 or $300 I don't remember, they had it done in one day, no runs, no drips, perfect paint, I made sure with the owner that everything would be done up to original condition and "look exactly the same as it did before". I'm boggled as to how a shop that's pretty much off the radar can do such a great job in such a short period of time and charge such a reasonable amount, where shops are overcharging and do a dog shit job?

I've also had family members use jetway.. Always great service. Price is right, good quality and fast turnaround.

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Dragon-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-11-2016, 11:56 AM   #143
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I've used Mint Autobody in Burnaby to have my front bumpers painted quite a few times on various cars, work has always been top notch and never been hassled or given problems.
2008 Mercedes C300
2012 Ford F-150 XLT
2014 Ford F-150 FX4 - Current
1999 Chevy Trailblazer
2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
2015 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L
2018 Honda HR-V Touring
2019 Audi A4 Technik - Current
2012 Porsche 911 Targa 4 - Current

1995 Kawasaki ZX-6R
2005 Yamaha R6 - RIP
2006 Yamaha R6 50th Anniversary Edition - Current

IG: G_SPYDER91
604STIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 12:01 PM   #144
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
A shop can mark up prices, it's how they make money. But they should NEVER lie about the service and quality they can offer.

For example, the place I got my spoiler painted, they told me upfront, I can pay "this" much if I want a basic paint job done. Or I can pay more and they'll do extra this and that. Do you just want something that will look good as you're driving by, and it'll look good from 10 feet away? Or do you want a Ferrari finish so that people can examine it up close when you take your car to a car show?

Shops should be giving you options like that, instead of just quoting you something, and then saying well, what do you expect? It only cost you "this" much.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-11-2016, 12:25 PM   #145
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
How much should a shop be charging to fix and paint a front lip. Theres a bit of damage on it on one side.

Something like this
Spoiler!

Srs question. Need it painted before RS meet.

Edit: Pic of damage
Spoiler!

21' 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
23' VW MK8 GTI 40th Anniversary
18' Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
21' Ducati Streetfighter V4 S

--
16' Mineral Grey F80 BMW M3 6MT SOLD -11/22
22' Halo Toyota GR86 6MT SOLD -11/22
12' Phantom Black - B8 Audi S4 - SOLD 04/19
07' WDP Acura TL Type-S - A-Spec/ATLP/H&R - SOLD 12/17
18' Matte Silver Ice - Triumph 765 Street Triple RS - SOLD 4/21

Last edited by LP700-4; 02-11-2016 at 12:51 PM.
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 12:34 PM   #146
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Without seeing the damage that is in impossible question to answer.

Berz out.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:36 PM   #147
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP700-4 View Post
How much should a shop be charging to fix and paint a front lip. Theres a bit of damage on it on one side.

Something like this
Spoiler!

Srs question. Need it painted before RS meet.

Edit: Pic of damage
Spoiler!
DK customs can fix that up for you for only $100 and I promise you that it will look "awesome"!
you! is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-11-2016, 01:47 PM   #148
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmmic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKonnin
I know a lot of the members in this forum and in the whole revscene in this city and I was probably driving tuned cars before half of you got your license so at least get to know me and don't just judge and post random shit so I keep replying and you guys can enjoy your Sundays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKonnin View Post
And please keep it mind I price my jobs based on experience. I'm 25 and I have only done 9 full cars in my entire life. I am not a 57 year old who owns 6 shops. Just to clear things up for anyone confused.
Considering this website has been around for 15 years, I'm pretty sure a large chunk of us are a little older than 25...
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-11-2016, 02:09 PM   #149
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Considering this website has been around for 15 years, I'm pretty sure a large chunk of us are a little older than 25...
This is exactly what I was thinking. DK was 13 when I started posting on RS hahah. And it was years before that that I was "driving tuned cars"......oh man, kids these days are just plain stupid.

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-11-2016, 03:38 PM   #150
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
a little older???
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote