REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-07-2016, 12:23 PM   #51
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impreza View Post
A proper bodyshop would have a painter that can mix their own paint and can tint down paint to what color they need. I have seen a few shop that goes to Lordco to mix their paint and wow, sometime I think lordco don't care what they mix. It was a night a day difference in color. I worked with a painter that I thought was very good at mixing paint and tinting color down to what he need to blend when painting, he was even able to mix color from scratch with out paint code. I think runs on paint will always happen, but not fixing the runs before a customer come pick it up is not professional, unless they don't see it. On big jobs sometime runs happen around corners that you don't see but on a little piece like a front lip should had been picked up right away.

Like everyone else said if you can't do it for that amount, why take in a job that you can't properly do. Don't half ass something, it will come back and bite you.
Most shops are not going to spend all the time/material to tint a colour for a job as cheap as this. They'll usually get the paint code, pull out the colour chips and see which one is the closest match. Some colour variances directly off the deck of chips are relatively good, some are not.

About the runs, yes they do happen. But it should not be to that degree, and he can't blame it on prep work for that either.

As for dust and debris in paintwork, it is bound to happen. It is extremely hard to get a job completely dustless. That's usually where wetsanding/polishing comes in. However, it comes down to price once again.
Advertisement
Suprarz666 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2016, 01:37 PM   #52
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 2,486 Times in 551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprarz666 View Post
As for dust and debris in paintwork, it is bound to happen. It is extremely hard to get a job completely dustless. That's usually where wetsanding/polishing comes in. However, it comes down to price once again.
Yes! Which is why it's super important to maintain your spray booth, use tack cloths and a dust-free refinishing spray suit to minimize the dust particles.
8th May 2021 - 30th Sept 2023

'99 SAAB 9-3 (3DR) (5MT) (sold)
'02 SAAB 9-5 Aero (5MT)
27th Sept 2015 - 17th Sept 2017

'03 Corolla (4AT)
2009-2020

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Klondike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 02:11 PM   #53
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

gawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 06:36 PM   #54
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
I think the biggest lesson here in this thread is this:

Stock is best. Don't mod your car.
You're obviously not a Jeep guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 07:25 PM   #55
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKonnin View Post
Follow DKCUSTOM5 on Instagram. See for yourself. From now on I will post pictures so close to the paint that you won't be able to miss a single dust spot.

Feel free for anyone to stop by for a coffee and watch me paint as well. You will see why I can't run my business for cheap customers.

God bless you all and may you all have a great weekend especially Ken. I hope you get your lip fixed.

It's not like I have customers from revscene anyways. I am happy for any publicity good or bad so thanks to everyone in this thread who thanked or hated I appreciate you all no sarcasm intended.

Cheers
Members: 70,859 and growing. 70,859 people who are here because of cars. 70,859 people who share reviews and experiences about car related items.

If you think that pissing off 70,859 car people will do nothing for your business you will soon find out that you are VERY wrong.
No one is going to waste there time to watch you paint when we have photos of the below acceptable hack job we are discussing here.

70,859 members dude....70,859.

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2016, 07:42 PM   #56
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBB6 View Post
Members: 70,859 and growing. 70,859 people who are here because of cars. 70,859 people who share reviews and experiences about car related items.

If you think that pissing off 70,859 car people will do nothing for your business you will soon find out that you are VERY wrong.
No one is going to waste there time to watch you paint when we have photos of the below acceptable hack job we are discussing here.

Not to mention other clubs. I know I'll be letting the rotary community know about how he treats potential and current clients. And since I see he's already worked on an RX7, that will probably be the last one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 07:55 PM   #57
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBB6 View Post

You're 100% right but the fact that all these people are pissed off is not in my control. I have tons of happy customers and regulars and this lip goes bad for one customer and all 70k plus members have to bash my business?

The customer was not polite with me in any way and I need to post positive replies to him and not speak my mind?

I know a lot of the members in this forum and in the whole revscene in this city and I was probably driving tuned cars before half of you got your license so at least get to know me and don't just judge and post random shit so I keep replying and you guys can enjoy your Sundays.

I'm a human too. Why would I go out of my way to paint one lip so bad purposely to make everyone mad. Just get over it. I offered to paint it for him again and I told him to buy the paint. I don't mix paint for people I don't have the equipment to mix custom paint with my own hands. Maybe one day but I'm not a millionaire nor do I run a business for 20 years. I literally opened in July of last year. Ken could have posted a review and said he wants happy but he posted a essay and I have to defend myself. Maybe it was rude yes but I took the job and now this happened. I can't reverse time all I can do it is show what I can do and ask people not to judge my work for a lip. Everyone here has a job and if one time you fuck up am I supposed to start posting threads about you and your poor business and manners? No you fucked up, move on with your life don't let people discourage you for one Honda civic lip.

I'm not an ICBC shop I literally learn how to be better every single day. I never told Ken this lip was gonna make it in the fast and furious of how beautiful it's going to be. I just charged him for a quick spray and it didn't work out how it was supposed to. I didn't charge him 400 bucks. He was picky and thats that. I respect that. I didn't have the time for it to make it how he expected and I ADMIT that. I already told him to bring it again. And he is still welcome to and he can post new pics as close as he wants with all the same angles.

That's all I can do.

As for the people I never met or even heard of I can't argue with all of you. Words don't do anything especially for all you Internet warriors and when I go check your pages on Facebook they're all blocked and private because no one is open to a reply they can only dish things out and take their frustrations out from their personal lives.

So what does that leave me with? I can just show my future projects and improvements and past projects that came out amazing and that's all. I can't keep reading this thread and people giving their opinions. Go focus on yourself and good luck with whatever you do and I'll never bash you for serving a drink wrong or the fact you failed your exam last Tuesday. That's not me but I'll still believe that you can do better. I'm not a douche bag like people posting negative reviews on a start up business page.

Bring the lip or don't. You're not gonna waste money. And if you don't want to then don't and let it go.

There's no other way for me to prove anything to anyone and I don't have to regardless of who any of you are. If people choose not to come to my shop for a paint job that's fine I respect that and I hope you can find a great deal somewhere else and get a good result.

I can't be mad or upset you choose a different shop. There are thousands in the lower mainland. I've had ICBC shops ruin my quarter panels on both sides and these guys are in business for years. I never bash them on a thread. I give them a chance and they made my car 10/10 mint. Saved myself a headache and the reputation of their company for their mistake and the job was way bigger than a lip.

Anyways I don't use revscene forums I made this account to reply to all you fine ladies and gentlemen. You can't all be so close minded and sensitive about this situation that you think every job I do looks like that. It's impossible. If that was the case I wouldn't be had 400 plus customers until this date. If some are not happy it's part of it I understand it and I need to fix the issue. Me being rude or putting the customer down was out of frustration not because I personally hate the kid I don't even know his last name.

If Ken reads this feel free to bring a piece by the shop whatever it is and I'll do it free of charge and you can see how the result is when I take my time to do it. I don't mind because this became world war 3 in good old BC. And if you don't want to and you rather keep fighting then I can't help you or anyone else on here.

Cheers
DKonnin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2016, 08:18 PM   #58
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Nothing else to be said here, this little excerpt of the post above says all you need to know:

Quote:
There are thousands in the lower mainland.
A quick search on here shows the few shops that many revsceners trust. Go to one of those, or go to this guy if you still feel like it after reading all this bullshit. What the fuck do I care.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 08:39 PM   #59

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
I just saw this thread for very first time and damn it's a gong show.

The business owners need to understand the power of internet + word of mouth.
It may feel unfair and stressful, but that's how it is in this technological world.

Even government agencies, police forces, etc. are feeling power of internet too.
Also citizens are losing privacies.

Lastly, thank god that ruined lip wasn't for GT-R.
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 08:41 PM   #60
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,776 Times in 444 Posts
Protip: When you come across as a dick, people will immediately assume you do shit work.

May or may not be true, but that's how the internet works, chief.

http://www.e38registry.org/
Mr.C is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2016, 09:07 PM   #61
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

kkttsang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 09:16 PM   #62

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
I just saw this thread for very first time and damn it's a gong show.

The business owners need to understand the power of internet + word of mouth.
It may feel unfair and stressful, but that's how it is in this technological world.

Even government agencies, police forces, etc. are feeling power of internet too.
Also citizens are losing privacies.

Lastly, thank god that ruined lip wasn't for GT-R.
I can't believe I just Thanked a Timpo post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2016, 09:24 PM   #63

He's offered a repaint for free, tough lesson to learn but good on him for stepping up. At the end of the day everyone makes mistakes. +Respect
Past:'06 Civic Si
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 09:41 PM   #64
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Did timpo get hacked?

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2016, 09:55 PM   #65
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejays View Post
He's offered a repaint for free, tough lesson to learn but good on him for stepping up. At the end of the day everyone makes mistakes. +Respect
What about calling customer names and the way he talked about revscene?
kkttsang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 10:10 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkttsang View Post
What about calling customer names and the way he talked about revscene?
Don't get me wrong, I would never set foot in his shop. All I'm saying is that it looks like he learned his lesson, just giving him props for offering to repaint
Past:'06 Civic Si
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 10:14 PM   #67
Dip Dip Dip Dip Mod

Time to hire a P.R. rep mr. DK, one that doesn't make the owner of said business look like a fool.

88 CRX - Turbo AWD
03 G35- HKS GT Supercharged - Toy
03 Cummins 2500 - Tow Rig/ Money maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashMan View Post
think befro you type
Super Dipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 10:15 PM   #68
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,572 Times in 4,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejays View Post
Don't get me wrong, I would never set foot in his shop. All I'm saying is that it looks like he learned his lesson, just giving him props for offering to repaint
It's one thing if he offered right off the bat but he's pretty much only doing it now as damage control.

OP, learn that you get what you pay for.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2016, 10:33 PM   #69
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
It's one thing if he offered right off the bat but he's pretty much only doing it now as damage control.

OP, learn that you get what you pay for.

It was offered before this thread was ever made and customer denied it...
Old 02-07-2016, 10:50 PM   #70
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,572 Times in 4,314 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Then after you cried about the misfortunes in finish. I told you PLEASE GO GET THE RIGHT COLOR AND I WILL SHOOT IT FOR FREE.
Quote:
If Ken reads this feel free to bring a piece by the shop whatever it is and I'll do it free of charge and you can see how the result is when I take my time to do it. I don't mind because this became world war 3 in good old BC.
You first offered to shoot it for free IF HE SUPPLIED THE PAINT. Then you said you would do it free of charge (with no mention of him supplying the paint) AND admit you can do a better job if you actually take your time BECAUSE as you put it, "this became world war 3"

You shouldn't have even taken the job since:
1. it wasn't profitable
2. the "workmanship" is garbage

Forget about the cost, forget about the prep. If that part was prepped perfectly and the paint colour was prefect, it would still turn out looking like crap because of the way it was shot.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2016, 11:00 PM   #71
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
You first offered to shoot it for free IF HE SUPPLIED THE PAINT. Then you said you would do it free of charge (with no mention of him supplying the paint) AND admit you can do a better job if you actually take your time BECAUSE as you put it, "this became world war 3"

1. it wasn't profitable

Forget about the cost, forget about the prep. If that part was prepped perfectly and the paint colour was prefect, it would still turn out looking like crap because of the way it was shot.

At the time I told him get the paint because for the 9th time I don't mix paint and match it. I don't know what other language to put it in.

Now I will pay for paint but he needs to CHOOSE the RIGHT paint and right SHADE even if it takes both if us to enter the store and use 2 opinions on how close the match is. I hope that is clear for you.

If you need it explained again let me know.

This is the only job I'll do free because he deserves it. Other wise all you people are like hounds. I can't please and comfort everyone.

I care for my business that's why I'm even replying to strangers. If I didn't care I would just post some dirty pictures and laugh. So calm down and accept the situation at hand.

1. Mistake was made
2. Paint wasn't right
3. Job was rushed.
4. Free job is offered
5. Free job was offered before as well
6. Paint will be FREE ( no charge )
7. Anytime Ken agrees the job will be done.
8. No other options to prove quality to strangers.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2016, 11:12 PM   #72

Quote:
I don't think anyone here is mad at you for making a mistake, nobody is perfect. We all make mistakes and people understand that.

It's quite clear that people were having problems with your attitude especially on your first post.

If you would've explained your side of story politely and professionally, and explained how you offered job re-do but customer declined, you would have had much less problem.
Quite frankly, many of your comments on this forum were uncalled for.

We know business owners are extremely busy + enormous operating/overhead cost, paying lease(commercial lease is super expensive), accountant, employees, equipment, amortization costs, hydro, etc...all add up.

98% of business in BC are small business, so we all know business owners and how frustrating it can be. Despite that, I believe your attitude on this forum was a bit over the top.

If you're a business owner, as you know, you must have a really thick skin. If you're planning on continuing your business, I can guarantee you that worse thing will happen. It's just a matter of time. That's why owning a small business is not for everybody, in fact, it isn't for most people. Especially if you have a family to support. Most people would rather be an employee with cushy benefits.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:16 PM   #73

Quote:
1. it wasn't profitable
Actually, sometimes it might worth a whole to do a job at cost to make customer connection.

A lot of business owners do it through Groupon (which usually leads to total disaster) but sometimes, it does work, if done right.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:26 PM   #74
I don't get it

evlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 12:05 AM   #75
I am Hook'd on RS

"and I was probably driving tuned cars before half of you got your license"

It was at this point that I lost any positivity/respect that I had towards the shop owner. It's not about the job or how you did but how you reacted that defined you as a person and business owner. Your first reply should have been that you would fix his lip free of charge and get it right, not trying to defend your position.

If a customer is dissatisfied and has proof as well as the potential of you losing many customers (I'm sure some out of the 70,000 would've come to you if you initially offered to fix it right away) then sometimes you just have to man up and be the bigger person. This is coming from a small business owner also.
thebrownboy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: