REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-06-2016, 06:58 PM   #26
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
I've done similar work in my art class back in elementary school
Advertisement

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2016, 07:41 PM   #27
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I know I'm getting old and crotchety, but when a business owner responds to an issue or accusation as inappropriately as Mr. DK Customs did earlier in this thread, it means I would never, ever use their services. He probably couldn't give a hoot about my personal opinion as it's only one person, but I've got to assume that there are many other folks like me on this forum. If you want my business, show me that you can respond rationally to negativity.

Why an owner would trash a customer in an online forum, whether right or wrong, is beyond me.
Old 02-06-2016, 07:50 PM   #28
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Literally the worst thing that could happen to me right now would be to lose all internet and not be able to follow this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2016, 07:52 PM   #29
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKonnin View Post
Hello,
You should be ashamed regardless charging someone for the work that was done. You obviously don't have very high standards and cannot be that busy if you considered doing this $120 job.
Live and learn OP
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2016, 08:39 PM   #30
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evlee View Post
Spoiler!
lol I stay away from any fking business waving this corny banner.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2016, 09:25 PM   #31
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
I think where has lost everyone is pretty simple ...

It shouldnt matter how much he pays you, wheter its 10$ or 100$ , painting it properly is painting it properly,

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)

Last edited by XplicitLuder; 02-06-2016 at 09:59 PM.
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2016, 09:30 PM   #32
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
You never had your lip... You never had your car.
Old 02-06-2016, 09:49 PM   #33
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

VIP Auto Body 2.0
Curren$y is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2016, 10:12 PM   #34
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
This guy even went as far as to block and remove any negative reviews on his business.
Been in business 1 month and already on the RS radar.....best just close doors now before this goes to page 18 :P

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2016, 12:19 AM   #35
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evlee View Post
Maybe a coincidence but..... they share the same logo...... just sayin'
Wrong company lol
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2016, 12:31 AM   #36
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUJ View Post
Spoiler!
Quote:
Spoiler!
Okay, so we have the customer and shop owner pointing fingers at one another. Great. It's a he-said, she-said stand off.

I don't suppose either of you took photos of the lip in it's pre-painted, post-dropped off condition?

No?

That there is the reason why I take photos of anything that leave my possession and gets handed to someone else.

So, there are screen captures of the conversation? Great. Any desire to post 'em so we get proof as to who said what?

If not, your post is just as good (or bad) as the shop owner's.

That said...

Referring to the pictures in the first post, though, and completely ignoring the absolutely shitty prep work that was done (not gonna comment on who did or didn't do it), the paint job itself looks pretty dismal. Yes, runs aren't unheard of, even in high end paint jobs, but at least wet sand that shit out and touch it up. It looks like the first time I ever spray bombed something. And even then I sanded it back down and redid it.

Oh, and VIP was my first go-to thought as well. However, say what you will about them, at least TS had some semblance of admitting to his wrongdoing.

Edit: Just realized this from the first post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUJ View Post
"Also the actual shop he operates at isn't called Dkcustom5. (Won’t name the actual shop, since he probably rents the workspace)"
....What?
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2016, 12:43 AM   #37
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Follow DKCUSTOM5 on Instagram. See for yourself. From now on I will post pictures so close to the paint that you won't be able to miss a single dust spot.

Feel free for anyone to stop by for a coffee and watch me paint as well. You will see why I can't run my business for cheap customers.

God bless you all and may you all have a great weekend especially Ken. I hope you get your lip fixed.

It's not like I have customers from revscene anyways. I am happy for any publicity good or bad so thanks to everyone in this thread who thanked or hated I appreciate you all no sarcasm intended.

Cheers
DKonnin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2016, 01:10 AM   #38
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,509 Times in 4,311 Posts
I think the biggest lesson here in this thread is this:

Stock is best. Don't mod your car.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 03:21 AM   #39
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Another fly by night hack that won't last. Funny someone should mention VIP, their ads disappeared from craigslist right about the same time DK started popping up.

VIP used to spam craigslist with multiple ads a day same as this hack. I'll be flagging his ads off.
bilgord is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2016, 06:34 AM   #40
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
You should have never responded to this thread. You only made yourself look even stupider, especially the last half of your first post calling OP out and bad mouthing him.

If your gonna defend yourself don't make it personal, lay out the facts and let others decide. Making rude comments only skews their opinion of you and their end decision.

Onto this little gem:

Quote:
It's not like I have customers from revscene anyways. I am happy for any publicity good or bad so thanks to everyone in this thread who thanked or hated I appreciate you all no sarcasm intended
You're a moron. This forum has like 70,000 users, 90% of which are in Vancouver, this forum is also read by countless other people in Vancouver. If you think no users/readers are your customers you are seriously stupid.

I still can't believe how many bodyshops fail to see the business angle of getting this forum behind them. We are car enthusiasts, most of us are willing to give up a lot more than other customers in terms of time and money in return for quality. We are probably some of the easier customers you will have if you SIMPLY DO GOOD WORK. And yet we get ignored by bodyshops because they just like the easy hugely profitable ICBC jobs where they can pray on stupid customers that don't even do a walk around of their cars before driving them out of the shop.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 06:34 AM   #41
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Why did you remove your Facebook page? Lmao
Past:'06 Civic Si
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 07:35 AM   #42

Thanked 4,037 Times in 709 Posts
Please stop using the tag #revscene to promote your business. Just want to see local cars. I already see enough Acurakuza lol
swfk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2016, 08:13 AM   #43
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

so why say you do not get much business from revscene, but tag revscene in every post?!

{{Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital }}
Gtrr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2016, 08:27 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
I still can't believe how many bodyshops fail to see the business angle of getting this forum behind them. We are car enthusiasts, most of us are willing to give up a lot more than other customers in terms of time and money in return for quality. We are probably some of the easier customers you will have if you SIMPLY DO GOOD WORK. And yet we get ignored by bodyshops because they just like the easy hugely profitable ICBC jobs where they can pray on stupid customers that don't even do a walk around of their cars before driving them out of the shop.
You have no idea
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 09:12 AM   #45
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Follow DKCUSTOM5 on Instagram. See for yourself. From now on I will post pictures so close to the paint that you won't be able to miss a single dust spot.

Feel free for anyone to stop by for a coffee and watch me paint as well. You will see why I can't run my business for cheap customers.

God bless you all and may you all have a great weekend especially Ken. I hope you get your lip fixed.

It's not like I have customers from revscene anyways. I am happy for any publicity good or bad so thanks to everyone in this thread who thanked or hated I appreciate you all no sarcasm intended.

Cheers
Fine let's say you do quality work, but the way you conduct yourself as a owner of this business is atrocious. The way you talk about the customer, then they way you call out people on revscene. You keep saying he's a kid, but I think your the kid that have no idea how to treat customers or potential customers. May be take a look at this thread and learn how to treat customers better, with so much competition in your area of work why would anyone go somewhere that they call their customer names.

If you wanted to defend yourself in this thread you could have done it in a professional manner, first you should know your clients name, don't say ken or Ben, you probably know it, you just wanted to say that to belittle their credibility, second don't call them out as a kid, does that matter? Are kids not a customer. Also don't say that he's a kid and probably 100$ is all he has. That's just makes you an asshole.

Your not seeing the whole picture, the kid could have had brought you a bunch of business potentially. That kids father could have owned a dealership and may have used you as a bodyshop for many cars.

Your like that type of waiter who treats a table who spends hundreds dollars really well, but treats the other table who only ordered drinks terribly only later realize the people having drinks were friends with your boss.
kkttsang is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2016, 10:03 AM   #46
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
Are there no regulations for non-icbc body shops?

your business is done...over what, $9 profit?

doesn't own up to dog shit performance, insults a customer publicly and then tries to promote his social media on a grill thread

Quote:
It wasn't worth my time in any way but I just felt like I should say yes because you looked 14 and I figured all you had was that 100 bucks.
don't agree to the task if you aren't gonna perform to standard and/or stand behind your work. If this type of work is passable, you're effectively undermining your industry while lowballing market rates for a quick cash. Your customers deserve better...but so does your fellow body shop colleagues.

I was once in OP's shoes and did a private deal and the panels came back very mismatched. Shop probably just treated me like some "kid" who didn't know any better. Several ICBC claims prior had no such problems...cash price = garbage work. They eventually redid 1 of 3 panels but i'm still left unhappy..never again you get what you pay for...but at the same time the work should be consistent for repeat customers regardless of ICBC or private deal.

Last edited by twitchyzero; 02-07-2016 at 10:29 AM.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2016, 10:07 AM   #47
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Quote:

Cheers
Donkey Kong, no one wants to follow you on Instagram on here and care about your pictures on social media. Obviously you only post the good pictures and not your paint running, dusted particle paint jobs.

If a customer is too cheap for you, why even accept their business

Even if you paid me, I wouldn't bring my car to your shop considering how you treat your customers.

Last edited by Euro7r; 02-07-2016 at 12:14 PM.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2016, 10:25 AM   #48
Need my Daily Fix of RS

I’m going to hold off from posting screenshots of the conversation for now, as I think I have gotten my point across. But if Damir has any disagreements with anything I have said in my posts, I have no problem posting them.

I appreciate the responses guys.
PLUJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 10:31 AM   #49
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Quote:
For the love of god I knew this little kid would post a bad review and try to make me look bad.

So this kid Ben or Ken or Dave messages me inquiring about painting a front lip. The regular procedure if the lip is brand new goes as follows:

I'm actually sorry I even took the job. It wasn't worth my time in any way but I just felt like I should say yes because you looked 14 and I figured all you had was that 100 bucks.
You call him a little kid but he seems more mature and articulate than you. YOU sound like a little kid whining and complaining on here.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2016, 11:20 AM   #50
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

A proper bodyshop would have a painter that can mix their own paint and can tint down paint to what color they need. I have seen a few shop that goes to Lordco to mix their paint and wow, sometime I think lordco don't care what they mix. It was a night a day difference in color. I worked with a painter that I thought was very good at mixing paint and tinting color down to what he need to blend when painting, he was even able to mix color from scratch with out paint code. I think runs on paint will always happen, but not fixing the runs before a customer come pick it up is not professional, unless they don't see it. On big jobs sometime runs happen around corners that you don't see but on a little piece like a front lip should had been picked up right away.

Like everyone else said if you can't do it for that amount, why take in a job that you can't properly do. Don't half ass something, it will come back and bite you.
Impreza is offline   Reply With Quote